Start by marking “Jasper (Tudor Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Jasper (Tudor Trilogy, #2)

Jasper

(The Tudor Trilogy #2)

Following the best-selling historical fiction novel OWEN – Book One of The Tudor Trilogy, this is the story, based on actual events, of Owen’s son Jasper Tudor, who changes the history of England forever.

England 1461: The young King Edward of York has taken the country by force from King Henry VI of Lancaster. Sir Jasper Tudor, Earl of Pembroke, flees the massacre of his
Published March 22nd 2016 by Preseli Press

To ask other readers questions about Jasper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jasper

Start your review of Jasper (Tudor Trilogy, #2)
Terry Tyler
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed by me as a member of Rosie Amber's Review Team

I LOVED this book. It's a terrific page-turner, a real adventure, from the time when the country was such a dangerous place, when men were men and women waited in castles for them to come home (not so keen on that bit, as I am sure many of the women weren't!). It made me long (as I often do) to go back to those times; this book brings the England of over five centuries ago to life so well. Book One, about Owen, Jasper's father, was jolly goo
Lisa Shardlow
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-ebook, the-tudors
This was awesome! Absolutely loved it. The battle scenes were amazing, they actually made you feel as though you were there. Jasper was an incredible man who did everything in his power to put his nephew on the throne of England. Thoroughly enjoyed this!
Donna Maguire

I had been meaning to read the books in the Tudor Trilogy for some time and now I have read Owen and this second book in the series, Jasper, I really do wish I had picked them up earlier!!

As with the first book this one had a very strong plot and I thought that the story was excellent. The characters have been brought to life by the author's writing style and I loved every page. I do know a bit about Jasper but I still oved reading his story told by a new
Samantha
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have read several other novels by Tony Riches, including the first in this series, Owen, so I knew what to expect in terms of writing style. Riches creates his stories the way I like to see historical fiction written, by researching his topic thoroughly and then creatively filling in the gaps. I particularly enjoyed the Author's Note, where Riches' enthusiasm for following the footsteps of Jasper Tudor is clear in his description of his travels and research.

If the Tudor era seems overdone, you
Arty Mist
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the first book in this trilogy so was looking forward to the sequel. I found it really interesting to read about the Wars of the Roses from the he Lancastrian side as I have always been a fan of Richard the Third, much maligned by history and Shakespeare. A detailed narrative, well researched although for me Henry Tudor still came across as a cold fish! I shall reserve my judgement of him till I read the last in the series, Henry.
Erika Messer
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely a great book to follow OWEN because Jasper is another character from Tudor history that is not well-known, or at least his whole story is not well-known. The most I knew of Jasper Tudor is that he was the keeper of his nephew Henry VII from the time he was very young until he became King of England. It is also believed that he was in love with Henry's mother Margaret Beaufort and that she returned that love after Jasper's brother (her husband) passed away. There had to be some ...more
Katie
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jasper is a continuation of Riches’ Tudor Trilogy and continues the tale through the son of the main character of the first book, Owen Tudor. As the first book, the second one is a page-turner that you cannot put down until you’ve finished it. It tells us about the life of Jasper Tudor, the uncle to Henry, then not yet the King of England.

Most of the story is about the struggle for power between the Yorkists and Lancastrians and all the intrigue that comes with it. Jasper is a lucky man, despite
The Cats’ Mother
This is the second of a trilogy about the origins of the Tudor monarchs of medieval England. The first featured Owen Tudor, who married Catherine of Valois, mother of Henry VI. He gave her two sons, Edmund, who married Margaret Beaufort of the Lancaster line (The Red Queen of Philippa Gregory's Cousins War series) and fathered Henry (eventually to become Henry VII) and Jasper, the hero of this book. Jasper grew up in Wales and as a young man takes in his brother's widow and becomes ward to young ...more
Amy  McElroy
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved that this picked up where the first book ended so the story continues seamlessly. Although the Tudor era had a lot of excitement and drama Tony Riches has incorporated fictional characters to emphasise relationships. Of these characters Gabriel is my favourite, I love his character and his loyalty to Jasper.

Henry and Jasper remained in exile for years but I didn't find this part of the book lacked any excitement, in fact it was interesting to read about their experience living under the
Kerry
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As with the first book of the trilogy, Owen Tudor, I enjoyed this book very much. It was interesting to read of the events near the end of the Wars of the Roses from an outside perspective. Usually books about this time period cover only what was going on in England.

Many might have judged Jasper Tudor for running from battle, but I believe he stepped up time and again, harassing the Yorkists when and where he could, often at his own peril. In the end, he fulfilled his one dream of putting his ne
Roger Espinoza
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tudor

Living to fight another day, in and of its self is not cowardice, though one can understand how Jasper Tudor could feel so in a day when a soldier was expected to fight to the death. In the end perseverance proved to be Jasper Tudors ally in this truth based tale of a man's life long mission to put,who many felt was, the proper king lineage back on the thrown.
Anne Zessin
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Story

I have been reading a lot about this period from different authors. I enjoyed reading from the males perception. I also am learning more about the events leading up to the Tudors regaining power.
Cindy
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jasper Tudor

Once again thank you for writing such a well researched and well
written book. That is what I love reading about history. The glimpse behind the curtain of time. I enjoyed this book so much and can't wait to start the next.
Dee King
The uncle

The mangosteen motion the reign of the Tudors. Bound by family loyalty, Jasper suffers greatly for the cause of England, the Lancasters. I've enjoyed this story of the man of this dynasty, looking forward to Henry's tale.
Kerrie Durkin
Not as interesting a read as the 'Owen Tudor' story. I found myself skim reading it just to get to the interesting parts. I feel like the author was just trying to pad out a sort of a character who is the link between two more interesting characters in history.
Alan Veren
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tudor England Brought to Llife!

Tony Riches has captured my idea of Tudor England. I've read much about the Fudor Dynasty and feel this series expresses it very well.
Thank you for and interesting read so far. I look forward to reading Henry, Charles and Mary.
Chet
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Realistic

Tony Riches has presented the story of Jasper Tudor in a very balanced and believable way. The extremes seen in other presentations are gone.
Desiree Craver
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

Once again another Tiny Riches did not disappoint. I love that he is breathing new life into already familiar people in history.
Olivia Castetter
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tudor-favorites
Beautifully detailed

Riches paints such a detailed version of the wars in Tudor times I was finally able to see the reality of what I'd previously seen in so many documentaries.
Terra
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite detailed. Thoroughly explores the intimate and thoughtful aspects of Jasper’s life. To the point of slowing the pace of the book down.
Hazel Waite
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fascinating

Filled with fabulous history you could almost be there in that era. Brutal and savage and yet romantic and real. Loved it.
Diane Riley
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

I continue to enjoy this series featuring the early members of the Tudor line of kings and queens. Historical fiction at its best.
Susan Altick
Aug 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This trilogy is solid and enjoyable. Not the most spectacular thing I've ever read, but worth the read.
Kina Stefka
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I will re visit this Tudor trilogy ad I continue to study ther monarchy line.
N.A. Granger
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Tudor Trilogy follows the emergence of the Tudor dynasty from its beginning with Owen Tudor, the subject of the first book, through Jasper, his son, the subject of the second.
I reviewed the first book and welcomed the chance to follow the story. This time period is a particularly difficult one, dealing with the War of the Roses, symbolized by the heraldic badges of the two battling houses of the Plantagenet line: the House of Lancaster (red rose) and that of York (white rose). Each claimed t
Mary Yarde
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing

With his father, Owen Tudor, cruelly executed at the hands of York and his wealth and title stolen from him, Jasper Tudor must use all his intelligence and knightly skills to stay alive. But he is also a man of unassailable principles and he will do everything in his power to see his half-brother, King Henry VI, reclaim his rightful thrown from the York pretender.

Set in the backdrop of The War of the Roses, Jasper - Book Two of The Tudor Trilogy, tells the story of Jasper Tudor, the man who desp
Yvonne
May 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-tudors
The novel begins with Jasper fleeing the battlefield at Mortimer’s Cross unaware of the fate of his father, Owen. While making his escape, he meets Gabriel, an Irish soldier, who is wounded and will perhaps die unless given assistance. Torn between his desire to reach safety or to assist Gabriel, Jasper decides on the latter. You’ll have to read the book to learn what becomes of this meeting, but from here my long-held, pro-Yorkist sentiments began to waver as Jasper Tudor’s personality emerged. ...more
Alison
May 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love well-written fiction that’s based on actual historical events and people. Bringing these characters to life in an interesting and entertaining way while still maintaining historical accuracy is a difficult balance, but Tony Riches does this brilliantly. It’s no mean feat to research as thoroughly as Riches obviously has for this book, and then to turn that research into a gripping and engaging tale. The past is really brought to life.
I very much enjoyed the first in this trilogy, so was
Jay
Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.0 out of 5 stars A descendent or not a descendent of Jasper Tudor, June 17, 2016
By Jay Wilson
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Jasper - Book Two of the Tudor Trilogy (Kindle Edition)
This was the first historical novel written about Jasper Tudor that I can recall. Historically detailed and well researched by the author. Occasionally it bogged down with all the facts, but was well worth the read for those interested in the early Tudors. Interesting according to one of my geniol
emily
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: roses
Second in the Tudor series by Tony Riches.

Uncle to Henry VII, brother to Henry VI and Edmund Tudor.
For me this is a great point of view of what happened during the wars of the roses, told by a solider, earl, Duke from the house of Lancaster who survived the war of the roses and saw his nephew become King of England. He was around to see the birth's of Prince's Arthur and Henry (later Henry VIII).
His loyalty to his brothers are great to see and his relationship with sister-in-law Margaret.

Readi
Tudor History Lovers: JASPER - Book Two of The Tudor Trilogy 12 94 Mar 31, 2017 12:19PM

• The Catherine Howard Conspiracy (The Marquess House Trilogy #1)
  • The Elizabeth Tudor Conspiracy (The Marquess House Trilogy #2)
  • The Arbella Stuart Conspiracy (The Marquess House Trilogy Book 3)
  • The Beaufort Bride: The Life of Margaret Beaufort (The Beaufort Chronicles #1)
  • The King's Commoner: The rise and fall of Cardinal Wolsey (The Tudor Saga #2)
  • The Beaufort Woman (Beaufort Chronicles #2)
  • The Heart of a King: The infamous reign of Elizabeth I (The Tudor Saga Series Book 6)
  • The King's Mother: Book Three of The Beaufort Chronicle (The Beaufort Chronicles 3)
  • Justice For The Cardinal: Thomas Cromwell is out for revenge... (The Tudor Saga #3)
  • The Lady Anne (Above all Others; The Lady Anne Book 2)
  • The Queen In Waiting: Mary Tudor takes the throne (The Tudor Saga #5)
  • Tudor Dawn: Henry Tudor is ready to take the crown... (The Tudor Saga, #1)
  • An Uneasy Crown: Power and politics at the Tudor court (The Tudor Saga Series Book 4)
  • The Agincourt Bride (Catherine de Valois, #1)
  • Queen of the North
  • No More Time to Dance (The Story of Catherine Howard Book 2)
  • La Petite Boulain (Above all Others; The Lady Anne #1)
  • Shadow of Persephone (The Story of Catherine Howard Book 1)
Tony Riches is a full-time author from Pembrokeshire, West Wales, an area full of inspiration for his writing.

Best known for his Tudor Trilogy, Tony's other international best sellers include 'Mary - Tudor Princess, 'Brandon - Tudor Knight' and 'Katherine - Tudor Duchess'.

In his spare time Tony enjoys sailing and sea kayaking. Visit Tony's website at www.tonyriches.com, Tony Riches Author on Fac

The Tudor Trilogy (3 books)
  • Owen
  • Henry (Tudor Trilogy, #3)

News & Interviews

“Henry. How did you come by that information?’ ‘I listen, Uncle. I hear the men’s concerns and learn what I can from them.’ ‘You” 0 likes
“Edward’s parentage. They say his mother lay with a young archer and tricked her husband into thinking Edward was his child,” 0 likes