Start by marking “The Exception” as Want to Read:
The Exception

The Exception

Jillian
I grew up wealthy and was given everything my parents wanted me to have. After years of being molded into the perfect daughter, I played a role. I was only what they wanted me to be. My parents controlled everything. My life, my friends, my career, and even the man I was supposed to marry. When I stood in front of the mirror and looked at myself, the person looking
Published April 22nd 2016 by Sandi Lynn Romance, LLC

Start your review of The Exception
Riya Kite
May 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
Nope.
It sucked.
No steam, no angst and no alpha in the male.
The thing which was there was just a whole lotta "sweet". Sweet enough that it gets annoying.

They say yu shouldn't judge a book by its cover. I couldn't agree more for this novel, the cover depicts something the book DID NOT manage to pull off.

The only thing I can say I liked was the blurb...which was obviously why I started reading this book.

2 stars only because if written in a different manner with characters with less predictable per
Mizz Latte

HEA: DNF
Triggers: cheating

Average score: 1/5

Best Line: none

Worst Line: "A little panty soaking but refreshing."

“the whole time I was fucking Jess, I was thinking about Jillian, and it needed to stop.”

Personal Review:
I tried with this book but DNF’d at chapter 11 because couldn’t connect with either characters.

For
TereseDK
Apr 28, 2016 rated it liked it
2.5-3 stars
Eh... It was alright.. Sweet, short read, low on angst but very predictable. The ending, however, was just stupid. The H is very tame and sweet. There is not one alpha bone in his body and when decides to play mind games to convince the h to be with him - well, that just pissed me off. The h is kinda annoying but sweet.
A lot of "sweet" in this one!
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
The title alone gave me expectations. Then I read the blurb. Then I looked at the cover. Then I read the book. Then I was disappointed.

If you're looking for a super sappy but likeable hero, then read this book.

If you're looking for a heroine who makes questionable decisions and whose thought patterns are wonky, then read this book.

If you're looking to get ultra frustrated with said heroine, then read this book.

If you're looking for a bunch of "random" coincidences that are too many to be real, t
JAIME
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Completely unbelievable.

COMPLETELY ADORABLE.

(Great read if your brain needs a break)
Bluebamboo
This book had the emotional depth of a piece of furniture to me.
Lexy
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was very good and I think Sandi Lynn is my favorite author this year
Ricci
May 09, 2016 rated it did not like it
I was a big fan of Sandi Lynn but now all her books are all the same. Nothing ever changes. I find all her books very predictable and rather stale. All her characters and even the store line is so generic. I feel no connection to the story. It's all the same, the tone of all her books from start to end just doesn't connect with the reader anymore. Sorry to say but her writing needs a big improvement. Once you've read one book I feel like you'll be reading the same book again and again. The only ...more
Lynne
May 25, 2016 rated it did not like it
DNF at 60%. I kept hoping this book would go somewhere, but alas, I just couldn't keep going. It read like a first draft or brief sketch, with absolutely no depth of character or story. Blah blah blah. I give up on this tripe.

How did such a horrible book rate almost a 4-star rating? I really need to stop relying on Goodreads ratings for book recommendations!
Emma
May 07, 2016 rated it did not like it
Seriously cringeworthy dialogue through most of the book!!!
Maree Repa
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
How did Jillian Bell's life end up this way? She wasn't happy. She felt alone. No one knew her anymore. Not even her own family. She was stuck in this life not even living it anymore.. She hadn't chosen the man was was suppose to marry.

Grant, was not the one. This was so meaningless and wrong. Jillian knew she just had to get away and escape. She just wanted to be free. As she fled for the first time in her life. Now she could finally relax.

I thoroughly loved this amazing, sweet, just so sexy an
Jo
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
If u looking for fairly tale, this is the one u looking for. Two people acted runaway bride n groom, met in a plane with too many coincidences, they being a couple in New York.

Something touching is forgiveness, life is too short, see Jillian's sister, 24/25, got brain cancer then left everyone in Hell n be the angle in Heaven. Spent too much to angry someone wasn't worth. Forgiveness is something we need, to move on, try to make our own self little bit easy in the Hell.

I do think something impos
Janan
Oct 26, 2016 rated it did not like it
Don't waste your money. I don't get how this book got such a high rating. I was just skimming through the it just to finish up. ...more
Myprivatebookclub
Jan 04, 2020 rated it did not like it
At least it was a short read.

I disliked Jillian's eagerness to like the first man she saw after she decided to find herself and have an inner journey.

I disliked all the impossible coincidences in the book - anything could have happened without those at all.

I definitely disliked that the main characters were telling everything to their friends and also everything, which happened in the book was expressed in the dialogues by each character in the book.

I ached for Kristen, so applause to author's w
Carol
Jun 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Even though I liked this book I felt it had to many similarities to her other book, One Night in London. Yes things were changed a bit but still the same.
Both books the characters meet each other by chance and spend one night of sex knowing they will never see each other again.
Both books they run into each other unexpectedly.
Both books one of them is not ready to make a commitment.
I could see if they had been written many months or years in between but they are only a few months apart.
In this
Bobby
May 15, 2016 rated it did not like it
This book was so stupid it made my head hurt. The author wrote a story like she was an amateur and didn't know what was appealing.

Now let's talk about the characters, they were horrible, bitchy, and annoying.

The storyline was horrible, wasn't written good and was just plain horrible!

The dialogue was stupid and not very intelligent.

I would never recommend this book to anyone, To be honest I am embarrassed I read the whole book when it was obvious in the first 2 pages the book is horrible and st
Vicky
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
I have enjoyed other SL books, but this one was merely 'meh'. Jillian, in my opinion, was borderline alcoholic... man, she really relied on a drink virtually every time she face something 'challenging'. Drew was just blahhh. He had a gf who he, at some point, was into. And the fact that he fucked her while thinking of Jillian... not cool... really not cool. The 2 stars are for the fact that, although I didn't like very much about this, the actual writing was good. ...more
Yesenia Gonzalez
I liked it, her other series were great so of course this one was too. I liked that she went off on her own to discover herself. Drew was great too he was the best even tho he was mean to his ex girlfriend it was understandable. I liked how all the coincidences in a way brought them together which was great! Sad about her sister but I liked the sisters strength I just liked everyone.
Marissa
May 06, 2016 rated it liked it
This was just too sticky sweet, with everything falling perfectly into place in a predictable way. I needed so much more from this story. Also, I don't care for the whole "I'm with someone but I'm not 'happy' and 'it's been over for a long time' but we're still together" bit. No, don't use that as a justification to essentially cheat. ...more
chi-town gal
Jun 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Not my cup of tea. Right when it switched to Drew's POV it was hit you over the head obvious it was written by a woman. What kind of heterosexual man notices subtle blonde highlights?! Definitely not my type of hero. ...more
Shanon Kenney
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must read!

This is another hit by Sandi Lynn! I've read everything she's done and this one is defiantly another hit! You won't be disappointed
chass
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. This wasn't a BAD book, but it was over the top korny. ...more
Katrisha Reantazo
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
this wasn't sandi Lynn's finer books. it felt like I was reading something from a different author. it lacked everything! ...more
Keisha
Apr 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!
The Junkie's Fix is Reading (it's Em)
** 4.5 Stars **

Sweet and Short. Not to angsty but still enjoyable ;)

#HighlyRecommended
June Howarth
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant story again could read these books all day every day and never get bored of the author
Susana Graça
Sandi, this is the third time I'm writing a review for this book of yours. The first time I wasn't able to upload it because the internet was so sloooooooow and lost what I had write... the second, I was almost finishing when my pc decided to restart out of the blue! Leaving me again, to start a new review.. So if by any chance something happens during this one, I don't know if I'll try a new one.. But if I really think about it, this book (like ALL your books) is worth it!!
I honestly don't know
Jeannie
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
24 year old Jillian Bell, has always been the perfect daughter her parents wanted, she ate what they told her to, went to the schools they wanted her to attend, she studied what they wanted her to study and she was even going to marry the man her parents wanted her to.... Until she decided to find herself and leave that life, on her wedding day! She left her fiance at the altar and high tales it out of Seattle, on her flight she meets the kind hearted handsome Drew Westbrook... and her life begi ...more
Sandy Knox
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
WOW!
I loved this book of course I enjoy all of Sandi's books. I really enjoy how she manages to incorporate characters from her other books to each story. I love Brooke she does what I believe everyone has thought about at least once in their life and that's to just take off and start a whole new life in a whole new place. I know I have. When fate starts to keep bringing Drew and Brooke together over and over again I knew they were destined to be together. I had my suspicions each time an incide
Vivian Mae
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What I Enjoyed:

Drew and Jillian have a very destiny type romance. Fate brings them together in more ways than one. I’m a sucker for soulmates! What can I say? We need more of these type of stories.
Jillian is incredibly bright and I enjoyed the voice that Sandi Lynn created for her. She’s strong in her own way and I enjoyed seeing her character grow throughout the book.
Drew, he is quite the handsome guy and so romantic with Jillian. He’s a swoon worthy guy and I could see how Jillian is The Excep
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Harbor Falls
  • Arrogant Boss
  • Look But Don't Touch
  • Off Limits (Playboys of New York #1)
  • In His Office: An Enemies to Lovers Standalone Romance
  • Billion Dollar Enemy
  • Under His Control
  • Strictly Forbidden (Playboys of New York #2)
  • Ice Cold Boss
  • Billion Dollar Beast
  • Billion Dollar Catch (Seattle Billionaires Book 3)
  • Broken Hero
  • The Boss
  • Mending Fate (The Scottish Billionaire #3)
  • The Merger (Playboys of New York #3)
  • Dirty Husband (Dirty Rich #3)
  • Off Limits (The Scottish Billionaire #1)
  • Billion Dollar Fiancé (Seattle Billionaires Book 4)
Writing is my passion and my mission is to provide readers with romance novels that will whisk them away into another world and from the daily grind of life - one book at a time.

News & Interviews

Psychological thrillers that will leave your head spinning. Cold cases, detectives hot on a trail, unreliable narrators, and a dash of poison...
“Sometimes you need to get lost to be found.” 3 likes
“Forgiveness is what gives us strength in life, Jill. Forgiveness sets you free.” “I’m” 1 likes