Start by marking “$10,000,000 Marriage Proposal” as Want to Read:

$10,000,000 Marriage Proposal

James Patterson’s BookShots. Short, fast-paced, high-impact entertainment.

Will you marry me for $10,000,000?

I am a creative, open-minded businessman with limited time and desire to play the field. This is a serious proposal.

A mysterious billboard intrigues three single women in LA. But who is this Mr. Right? And is he the perfect match for the lucky winner?
Paperback, UK, 144 pages
Published October 20th 2016 by BookShots

To ask other readers questions about $10,000,000 Marriage Proposal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about $10,000,000 Marriage Proposal

Bibi
Nov 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: novella
Will you marry me for $10,000,000?

And so the story begins with a billboard that asks the above question. Hundreds of women audition and only 3 get picked. Suze, Caroline, and Janey. I thought this seemed pretty much like a "Reality TV" concept and could absolutely visualize it as part of the E! network lineup.

The story provides little insight into the mysterious billionaire although we do get to know more about these 3 women as we follow them through the 3 stages of interviewing and vetting. The
$10,000,000 Marriage Proposal is a standalone contemporary romance written under James Patterson's BOOKSHOTS imprint (fast reads for fast times). At 145 pages/2 hours, 40 minutes via audio, this is a quick and easy read, as the BOOKSHOTS selections are intended to be.

The authors James Patterson and Hilary Liftin may have been trying to keep readers on their toes with a bit of fun mystery but I just found it incredibly confusing. It was like watching someone spend their last dollar gambling on a
Jason
BookShots are an amazing idea. I'd recommend these for people who are intimidated by full-length novels or reading in general. BookShots are short, you can read them in an hour or two, and they're entertaining.

As for this particular BookShot, it was decent. I was definitely turning the pages to see what was going to happen, but the ending fell flat for me. It had so much promise to surprise the hell out of me, but I was let down. Oh well, good entertainment for a couple hours!
Matt
Oct 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: bookshots
James Patterson joins forces with Hilary Liftin for this quasi-romance BookShot that remains at least somewhat digestible for the reader who does not fancy the gushy genre with Adonis-like men affixed to the cover. A billboard appears in Los Angeles, sporting the following message: “WILL YOU MARRY ME FOR $10,000,000? CREATIVE, OPEN-MINDED BUSINESSMAN WITH LIMITED TIME AND DESIRE TO PLAY THE FIELD. THIS IS A SERIOUS PROPOSAL.” The story focusses Suze Lee, Caroline Fried-Miller and Janey Ellis, ex ...more
Wendy
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
$10,000,000 Marriage Proposal

What??? What happened here? I did not like the way this book ended at all. In the first place it was a really simple book and seemed like it would have been better suited for YA or something. I guess I know that you can't like everything you read but I was expecting a little better than this.
Laura Rash
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
This started out with a good premise but completely went to drivel at the end
Stacey
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
I've been curious about these bookshots from Patterson. I didn't have any expectations, but a shocking one liner at the end would have been awesome. That didn't happen so not much happens and predictable. This is an episode from the Bachelor.
Christine D
Oct 25, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my 'bookshots' might as well be called 'crapshots.' This was my first 'bookshot 'by' James Patterson (I use that term loosely because I know he has ghost writers for his ghost writers).
We can all agree the quality of James Patterson books has been going down and has been hit or miss (depending on which author he co writes with).
Maybe I'll try reading one of the suspense bookshots but this one was so blah. What is trying to be Nicholas Sparks or Harlequin? There's also going to be 'Bookshots
Samantha Harvey
It has taken me a while to get this review out because I truly didn't care for it. I picked it up with the intrigue that it was about 100 pages long and romance, hoping that I could get my romance kick, which I occasionally have, fulfilled within a couple of hours. Ironically, I think that was one of the reasons I didn't really like this book. I felt like I had no time at all to get to know these characters at all and by the end, I didn't really care who the guy ended up with (even though I pret ...more
Ann
Oct 29, 2016 rated it liked it
A Bookshot that grabbed me in the beginning. Who wouldn't be fascinated by a billboard promising $100,000,000 to the woman chosen as a mystery man's bride? The Staples Center housed the initial interviews, followed by a few dozen, and narrowed down to 3. The middle of the book was somewhat a drag with characters' personal philosophies and little action. The ending didn't leave me hanging but it didn't tie up loose ends. I find that the biggest problem of the Bookshots, and I have read at least a ...more
Christy
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I agree there wasn't a lot of depth but it was a fun read. It would be difficult to put as much into this story since it is meant to be a shorter, quick read. I felt he did well giving us a cute story. If I want depth and more, I will read a full book instead. I enjoyed this for what it was: a short, easy to read story.
Marnie
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, 2017
I've always wanted to try one of these James Patterson's Bookshots, but I should have known it wouldn't be great, 'cause, you know - James Patterson... The idea is OK... a slim novel/book that can be read in a couple of hours. Something quick I can listen to on the commute to work. That's about the only thing it had going for it - the length. The premise of the novel itself was ridiculous, and was not executed very well. You can definitely skip this one.

Pati Gete
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Love the idea of a short novel but it left me wanting for more. I guess I expected the ending to have a bit more depth- it felt flat.
Melenia
Nov 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookshots
I really enjoyed the book, but not the ending. It wrapped up much to quickly. I want to know more.
 Readaholic Jenn
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
An excellent book. I highly recommend it for any James Patterson fans.
Debra
Jan 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
For my written review, please check out the link below:
Debra's Book Cafe

Debs :-)
Elaine
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing, fast-paced, quick read. No nonsense in the story. Enjoyed the suspenseful mystery, BUT the ending is extremely weak. 2.5
K
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Marcia
Oct 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-library
Kind of cheesy but I was entertained. It would make a good Lifetime movie.
Loraine Nunley
Jul 14, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this bite sized read. The only warning I would give is that there is some minor swearing and I did think it ended a tad abruptly.
Beth
Mar 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, read-in-2017
Congratulations, James Patterson. You've managed to do what I swore I'd never let you do: you got me to read one of your books. I blame momentary weakness on my part, and an intriguing premise on yours. Of course, I know you didn't really write it, as you have a room full of typing monkeys to do your bidding, but still, you got me. I've disliked you for YEARS (although my husband says it's ridiculous to hate someone you've never met, but this comes from the man who can't stand Wil Wheaton, who, ...more
Vicki
Jan 15, 2018 rated it liked it
I thought this short book was pretty good. It's a novel idea, I guess, to think that someone would pay another person that kind of money to marry him, a stranger. A billboard offered $10,000,000 to the right woman. Thousands applied, 3 were finalists, and 1 woman won. Interesting thing is that the man who picked the winner (view spoiler) ...more
Barb
Feb 21, 2017 rated it liked it
I read my sister's review of this one. I trust her taste, it sounded good. I downloaded the audio version to listen to in the car. The only problem... my trip was 9 hours, and the book was just over two. I didn't check that out in advance. I'm not sure how Patterson covered 29 chapters in just over two hours, but he did. It was a cute premise.
L
Oct 27, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting premise and the focus on 3 narrators allows the reader to choose amongst candidates themselves. My pick as it turns out was incorrect and I wish the ending had been much less open for the characters by adding an epilogue.
Rebecca Rutland
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Very disappointing. The title of the book sounds interesting, but the storyline didn't do anything for me. I struggled through the book to get to the end.
Rose
Oct 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Quick romance about a mystery man who offers $10 million for marriage. 3 women are intrigued and make it to the final round, but will one of them be chosen?
Penny Evenson
A creative, open-minded businessman doesn't have time to play the field . . . so he offers a serious proposal of ten million dollars to find the right woman. But who is this Mr. Right? And is he the perfect match for the lucky winner?

This was totally different than any other James Patterson but good plot!
Alva Gerlach
May 23, 2019 rated it liked it
This 115 page book was about 30 pages too long.
Wendell
Dec 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
Not even worth padding your book challenge. Find a good book.
Sharlene
Aug 22, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a cute novella about 3 women competing for the hand of a billionaire whom none of them had met. I wasn't sure where it would end up, but was satisfied at the end!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Dazzling (Diamond Trilogy #1)
  • Bodyguard (Under Covers #1)
  • The Weekend Wife
  • Sacking the Quarterback
  • Bedding the Highlander
  • A Wedding in Maine
  • The Return (Sunnybell #2)
  • The Miracle Girl (The Miracle Girl #1)
  • Fairy Tale Flirts 5 Romantic Short Stories
  • Infernal Affairs
  • Wedding Shots
  • Two Turtle Island Doves (Turtle Island, #2.5)
  • The Lazarus Pit
  • Triangle: The Complete Series (Triangle, #1-4)
  • Dreaming in Color
  • Boys Will Be Boys
  • Robert's Rules for Dummies
  • Managing a Nonprofit Organization in the Twenty-First Century
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. He has sold over 380 million books wo