Start by marking “Score (Skin in the Game, #1)” as Want to Read:
Score (Skin in the Game, #1)

Score

(Skin in the Game #1)

Football players s*ck.

A bunch of cocky, lying cheaters who think they’re god’s gift to women, just like my dear old dad. I’ve managed to avoid them my whole college career until now >.< I just got assigned to be wide receiver Callum Samskevitch’s physical therapist.
Pro: It will be great to add to my resume.
Con: I have to see him. Every. Single. Day.
Which would be fine
Published March 29th 2016 by Frog Prints Publishing

Start your review of Score (Skin in the Game, #1)
Kate
I started this book just because i wanted to check safety and make it to-read, but ended really enjoying it and after awhile i was grinnig like shit.

This is your typical college book where the hot guy meet the plain-jane girl.

Bee is PT student who is assigned to Cal, the hunky football player who cant be more different than her, and even that i dont like these wallflower heroines i dont mind Bee, yes, she had some self-conscious problems but hell, with parents like hers, who wouldnt? Her father
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was actually better than I thought it'd be. Will it go down as one of my favorites or be one that will stick with me forever? No. But it served its purpose for me in being a light, sexy, college athlete romance. It doesn't get deep into the characters or the storyline, but it was enjoyable. I really think it would've greatly benefited from a jump ahead epilogue into their future when they were older and deeply into their relationship and grown-up lives, but that's
Elisabeth Cole
May 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book had a lot of potential but the h ruined it for me. I got tired of Bee being so spineless when it came to her father. I also got tired of her constantly assuming all football players were not worth her time because of her past experiences. She came across as pathetic to me and it got old quickly.
Stormie
May 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked this. It was a quick fun read. I really liked Bee. And I liked Cal a lot too. The storyline wasn't original but I still really enjoyed it so that's a win in my book.
Mel
Oct 04, 2017 rated it liked it
It took me a while to finish this book, which is not a sign of a really great read. It was kind of boring for the first 60% and then suddenly there’s an asshole father (is that a prerequisite in NA to have an asshole dad?) and a totally psycho ex-gf and the story veered off in a completely unexpected but not entirely welcome direction. I really liked the heroine but I wish the story had been better for her. She deserved better.
Caro
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a fun read.

Here we have Bee and Cal. Bee is a PT student who gets Cal assigned as a case for one of her classes; and Cal, a cocky football player, struggling with an injured leg that could potentially end his football career before it even starts. On top of that, Bee has a big distaste of football players, after watching her dad treat her mother and her pretty crappy. So, to say that these guys had hard start would be an understatement, lol.

As the story advances, we not only get to know the
Courtney
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I have always been a huge fan of Christine Bell since I read her first book - Hell, I am an actual character in on her books! LOL But Christine just has a way with her writing that makes me feel all mushy and gooey when I read her books and I love it!

Score is the first book in her newest series, Skin in the Game. It's a NA sports romance and Christine definitely starts this series off well.

Bee is a PT student who's in her final year of college and has to do some "hands-on" if she wants to contin
Sabrina

This is my first NA book by this author but I really like her writing. Bee and Cal were great characters and I liked that we got to see more depth to them as the story moved forward. The book was pretty light and cute, which was exactly what I was in the mood for, and the hint of drama kept it intriguing.

My three star rating comes mostly from the fact that the end confused me. The extra drama that got added didn't seem to fit with the rest of the story, and I just wish it had all gone together
Bette Hansen
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic NA sports story that hooked me right from the start. Cal and Bee are fantastic characters and so much more than they appear at first glimpse. Bee is a physical therapy student who has the misfortune of being assigned to help Cal Samskevitch, the school's star wide receiver, get his knee back into game shape. Bee's opinion of football players is a little less than dirt due to dear old dad. Cal has his whole future hanging on his football career but there is a spark between him and Bee ...more
Erin
This is the first time I've read this author. It wasn't bad at all.

My first thought when I started reading?: *groan* This isn't Hockey. Football is not Hockey. I don't like Football.

However, there wasn't too much football, and it was enjoyable.

I liked Cal. He wasn't an ass, but also wasn't too perfect.
I liked Bee. She was smart. I was able to identify with her.

The baddie? Yeah, that was some cray cray. However, it worked. It didn't feel toooooo outlandish.
I think I'll gladly continue reading th
Hailey
Apr 29, 2016 rated it did not like it
Ok so this book was a big miss for me. Main issue was everything was BEYOND rushed, I mean I've read books with insta-love that went at a better pace. There was no development of the characters and the "problematic" plot twists just came off as highly unrealistic or even slightly believable. Bottom line is, for me this was a big fat no, sorry... But not really
Genna
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Quick fun read, definitely could have done without Renée. There was enough angst without her.
Taylor Freeman
Apr 03, 2016 rated it did not like it

Didn't like Bee.
Unnecessary drama.
No time to get into a relationship with them. Everything was just too quick.
ErMoS  Wiler
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good book just wish it had a better ending :-)
Tamika
Jul 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Smart, sweet refreshingly witty and funny.....A little gem among the dull rocks
buzy_reading
Jun 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: sports-romance
In Score we meet Bee Mitchell a physical sports therapist and Callum Samskevitch a football player. Both characters broke the stereotypical mold of the insensitive jock and the wild sorority girl. Bee is focused on her academics while Cal is focused on his football scholarship.

Cal is the popular guy who every sorority girl wants to hook up with. Bee is the underdog who doesn’t draw attention to herself like typical sorority girls.

There were bits of pieces of a good story, but the constant harr
Jenn
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Definitely a great read.

I liked this one a lot more than Knocked Up, I mean the virgin trope again was a bit much but Bell took her time with the characters in this story allowing the reader to become invested in their successes, failures and relationships.

Again I'll mention two virgin female leads.in a row is pushing it. I get that their are college virgins out there, but I don't know I'm not in the generation that somehow respects a female lead more for being virginal and hooking up with the
Brooke
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is great! A few humorous spots that make the story flow so well. I love the way the enemies to friends to lovers came about. Love seeing the story progress and the surprise towards the end was the perfect touch. So happy with the way it ended and can’t wait to read the next in the series.
Lynn Jones
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

This is my first book from this author and I absolutely loved the story line and the characters. I am reviewer so I try to never hold it against the author for misspelled words. I did not like how the story ended, I wished the author would continue their story thru an epilogue to find out what happened with their life.
Giovanna Busa
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Score

A sweet story of college age kids one a super football jock with an injured knee. In comes a sweet shy physical therapist student ordered to help Val with his therapy. Bee has hatred for any thing to do with football. Together they work out their differences and realize that they aren't so different.
Love V
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved It!

So this is my first review, but I have read tons of books
I was pulled in right away, and could not put it down.
I loved the little twist near the end.
Part of me wishes there was a second book, because I did not want it to end.
Katherine
May 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Felt similar to many other college-set NA stories I've read. There are alternating first person narrators, hero is a football player who is a good guy, the heroine is an ugly duckling (who really isn't) and there is an evil ex-girlfriend. It was nothing new, was enjoyable.

Freebie from kindle
Melinda
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hard to put down

I really enjoyed this story. Characters are awesome. I even liked the insecurities of the characters and that they worked through them.

Of course, the HEA is always welcome. I look forward to continuing the series.
Ashley Hedden
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Score by Christine Bell was a good read. It is the first book in the Skin in the Game series. Bee has been assigned to be Callum's Physical Therapist. Things heat up in this great book. I enjoyed reading this book.
Brandie
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Audiobook version:
Story: This was a fun read~ The characters were relate-able and easy to root for. I enjoyed watching this relationship develop.

Narration: Narration was great. no complaints~

I totally enjoyed this book :)
Katherine Beers
May 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Reeba Pszgaaz
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ah-fucking-mazing I just can’t honestly. Ioved it it really was a fabulous book. Supper sweet and loving and just made my heart “eeek” lmao. And usually when the Mc is a v I get kinda annoyed but not with this book that’s how amazing it was.
Cameron Editing Services
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining

I enjoyed this book & I look forward to reading the rest of the series. Loved Cal and Bee as a couple.
Jaimie Johnson Grippin
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Touchdown

This series is different but in a good way. Definitely contemplating if I want to continue the series. Love that there was a little bit of crazy mixed in.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Tackled
  • Go Long (Go Hard, #1)
  • King of Campus (Barnett Bulldogs #1)
  • Stud: A College Football Romance
  • Dirty Player
  • Go Deep
  • Stiff Suit (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #5)
  • Downed (Gridiron, #3)
  • Spiked
  • Bump and Run (Bad Baller, #1)
  • Nixon (Raleigh Raptors #1)
  • Grinder (Seattle Sharks, #1)
  • Looking to Score
  • Getting Lucky Number Seven (Taking Shots, #1)
  • Hopeless Romantic (McCabe Brothers, #1)
  • Drive (Boston Terriers #2)
  • Dirty Hookup (Slayers Hockey, #2)
  • Crush: A Single Dad Hockey Romance (Boston Brawlers, #3)
Christine Bell is a romance author and also writes erotic romance as Chloe Cole. She and her handsome hubby currently reside in Pennsylvania with a four-pack of teenage boys. If she gets time off from her duties as maid, chef, chauffeur, or therapist, she can be found reading just about anything she can get her hands on, from Young Adult novels to books on poker theory. She doesn’t like root beer, ...more

Skin in the Game (2 books)
  • Hustle (Skin in the Game, #2)