Start by marking “The Enemy Held Near” as Want to Read:
The Enemy Held Near

The Enemy Held Near

Foster and Ruthie Turner tried to save each other, their marriage, and their family. Every house is haunted with the past of the people who live there. When one tries to stay and the other tries to leave, everyone will face the dire consequences of both those choices.

Armand Rosamilia and Jay Wilburn have crafted an emotional haunted house story that cuts deep and true to
Published March 22nd 2016 by DevilDog Press (first published March 11th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Enemy Held Near, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Enemy Held Near

Start your review of The Enemy Held Near
Frank
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was expecting THE ENEMY HELD NEAR to be a ghost story with a lot of bang and it delivered. The book, co-written by two well established independent writers, demonstrated a need to elevate their craft by telling a solid haunted house story. The story is creepy, dark and thrilling.
The story is told, from chapter to chapter, from the view points of the cast of rotating characters. The effect is a a well paced story that keeps you guessing who the protagonist is and who the antagonist is. The
Pheebz
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Enemy Held near by Armand Rosamilia & Jay Wilburn.
4 18 2016
The Enemy held near By Jay Wilburn and Armand Rosamilia was THE best ghost story I have had the pleasure of reading in a very long, long time.
It is a story about the Turner family Foster, his wife Ruthie daughters Maggie & Heather as well as his family’s home , a homage to the generations that have gone before, and still influence the dynamics of daily family life.
Things were ok for a while, yet Ruthie never felt like she
Kelly Rickard
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing

This is a read for review.

This is the first audiobook I have listened to that is narrated by Jack Wallen Jr. I really enjoyed his narrator style and he has a very easy voice to listen to.

I read loads of Armand's work and thoroughly enjoy it and I have also enjoyed his collaborations with other authors like Shocker with Frank J Edler (such a funny disgusting read). This is the first time I have read anything by Jay Wilburn.

So this is a haunted house story with the family of the ghosts living
Joan
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
I hadn't read a ghost story in quite awhile and I'm really happy I read this one. The Turner family has a dark and secret past that has come back to haunt them using their house. Non stop action with great characters, some you root for and others not so much. Uncle Duke is a do I like him or not character, I ended up liking him. There are some twists and turns in this story that keep you guessing on the outcome of this battle between the family and the house throughout the book. I would highly ...more
Tamara
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A ghost story masterpiece.
One of the best and most original haunted house stories I've ever read. Find out what it means to the ghosts of the Turner family to be bound by blood, and to what lengths they will go to secure their long lineage of the past ... and the present ... and future. I read this thrill ride straight through to the eerie end. I'm sure you will too!
Paula Genereau
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! This book was very good. It kept me in suspense. Ruthie and Foster are very tough and determined people.

I wasn't sure how I'd like this book since I don't care much for ghost stories but wow.... This book rocked
Kelly
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A great story about a "killer" family history!

Read my full take here: The Enemy Held Near
Tracie Lester
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love this book. Great story!!
Sarah Carter
Oct 10, 2016
Nick Zinn
Feb 04, 2020
Maria Balderrama
Aug 20, 2019
Cam G
rated it did not like it
Apr 21, 2016
Karen Harrison
Jan 13, 2019
Richard Dominguez
Feb 06, 2019
Armand Rosamilia is a New Jersey boy currently living in sunny Florida, where he writes when he's not sleeping. He's happily married to a woman who helps his career and is supportive, which is all he ever wanted in life...

He's written over 150 stories that are currently available, including horror, zombies, contemporary fiction, thrillers and more. His goal is to write a good story and not worry