Start by marking “Lighthouse Faith: God as a Living Reality in a World Immersed in Fog” as Want to Read:
Lighthouse Faith: God as a Living Reality in a World Immersed in Fog

Lighthouse Faith: God as a Living Reality in a World Immersed in Fog

Is God Just a Distant Concept? An Award-Winning Religion Correspondent is Convinced the Answer is No and Explores the Possible Relationship with Our Creator

Fox News Religion Correspondent Lauren Green uses her wealth of stories, vast network of contacts, and her own extensive study of theology to take the reader on a unique journey of spiritual discovery. With few female
Published March 14th 2017 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Lighthouse Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lighthouse Faith

Laura Luzzi
Aug 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Enjoyed the many stories and conversations and comparisons throughout this book. Whenever I see a lighthouse, I will now think of God's light that is there in the darkness to comfort me.
Bob Hayton
Mar 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: christian-living
Lauren Green is a religion correspondent for Fox News, and also an accomplished pianist and former Miss Minnesota. She shares lessons from her faith journey in her new book Lighthouse Faith.

The book is a compilation of thoughts and reflections on life and spirituality and includes insights from some of the many scientists and religious leaders that she has interviewed over the years. She compares the Christian life to a lighthouse but switches metaphors often in her intriguing book. She finds sp
Joanne Viola
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In her book, Lighthouse Faith: God as a Living Reality in a World Immersed in Fog, Lauren Green does a beautiful job of exploring the question, "Where is God in my hour of need?"

It is probably the most asked question down through the ages and one, we all have asked or will ask at some point in our lives.

In the darkest nights of our souls, we wrestle with life and its meaning. We search for a way to make sense of it all as we seek comfort, security, and strength as we journey.

Lauren Green takes u
Sherry Lynn
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian-growth
This was a challenging read for me. It's not a simple read.
Rather it is book that compeles and challenges the reader to think and absorb.
The writer shares her experience finding a deeper relationship with God after she was challenged and a calling from God to experience him in her everyday life.

This is a great book for the reader looking for a relationship with God.
Clay Davis
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The book reminded me of the writings of C.S. Lewis. The explaining of musical theory was difficult for me to follow.
Lisa
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
Beautifully written book! Lauren describes how God is hiding in plain sight-- in math, music, and much more.
Jimmie
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed!
Marie Carmean
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Tempted to give this four stars, so I'll say a strong 3 and 1/2. I really enjoyed the perspective of Ms. Green on many aspects of the Christian faith. The views were very fresh and really enlightening in so many ways! As a religion correspondent for Fox News she has access to many spiritual leaders and professionals, and brought their insight into play often, explaining things in ways that were easy to understand. She also brought her own experiences onto the page, and her personal walk was insp ...more
Amy Shane
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Though Lauren Green is obviously intelligent, it seems she is more of a journalist (providing provocative short stories/illustrations) than a book writer (who must employ the use of EDITING out illustrations to fit the book). Our women's group of about 60 women read this and, to a person, found it frustrating to follow and, for some, impossible to glean much. It was just generally confusing.

I had to read it through twice, taking notes throughout, in order to have an idea of a meta-narrative in o
Drienne Kerr
Kara Harrison
Oct 27, 2017
John Cerniauskas
May 26, 2017
Lauren Green currently serves as Fox News Channel's (FNC) chief religion correspondent based in the New York bureau. She joined FNC in 1996.

Most recently, Green reported live from Rome in 2013 on the election of Pope Francis, as well as on the retirement of Pope Benedict XVI. Additionally, she provided live coverage of the beatification of Pope John Paul II from Rome in 2011 and Pope Benedict XVI'