Start by marking “When Darkness Falls: The First Vampire Redemption Story” as Want to Read:
When Darkness Falls: The First Vampire Redemption Story

When Darkness Falls: The First Vampire Redemption Story

Lexie Miles, a strong-willed Southern woman with a raw vocabulary and a taste for sex, is living her dream life in Paris. She is devastated when her best friend Emma is brutally murdered by vampires. From that moment Lexie's "perfect world" begins to crumble. She discovers her entire life has been a sham and everyone she cares about has been lying to her. Angry doesn't beg ...more
Published March 16th 2016 by Relentlessly Creative Books

To ask other readers questions about When Darkness Falls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Darkness Falls

Julie Gustafson-Monk
Mar 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
Reviewed on behalf of Queens from the Darkside.

I normally dont give harsh reviews. But I am going to be truthfully honest with this review.
This book lacked a few things.
1. Lexie was a tough character to like. She was very irritating at times..How can she go from just finding out she is what she is and then become a master at what she does?
I am being vague because I don't care to give the story away.
2. This was a very unlikable storyline. It feels rushed. I felt that the author threw sentences a
Robin Reynolds / October Woman
This book was given to me to review, and I don't usually DNF review books, but after only getting to the 15% mark after twelve days, I'm throwing in the towel. I just can't muster up any interest in the plot or the characters. The heroine is either 29 or 30 - in one scene it is mentioned that her 30th birthday is coming up, but shortly after she states she is 30 years old - but she acts like a spoiled teenager, or at least early 20 something. When she told her mother "Enough Momma, talk to the b ...more
Donte McNeal
Sep 17, 2016 rated it did not like it
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. There will be minor spoilers. Now, let's get to it!

When Darkness Falls is a story about Lexie, a young woman who's thrown into a world she once believed was nothing more than fiction. Vampires are real, and she's destined to hunt them. Talk about a life-changing revelation! I'm a huge fan of vampires (because who isn't, right?), and I'm always up for a fresh take on the supernatural creatures as well as a solid romance. Unfort
Samantha
Jun 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
I received this book free from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Alright, looking at the reviews on here, I have the feeling that my review is going to a very unpopular opinion.

This was an interesting idea but everything else, the execution, the writing, the pace, all left something to be desired. The writing, when describing food or clothes, was a little detailed but I wish that detail was also used for the characters. It was way too simple.

I felt hardly any connection to the charact
Nina DuBois
I was asked to review this book by the author. I purchased this book with my own money and all opinions are my own.

I struggled with this book. I really enjoyed this story and was curious how it would unfold, but at the same time I absolutely hated the main character Lexie. So let me talk about the things that I liked.

The story was really good and interesting. I liked the light versus dark vampires and their secret war being waged. I loved the backstory and discovering how the Society came to be.
Judith
Aug 09, 2016 rated it liked it
When Darkness Falls follows Lexi Miles, an American woman living a glamorous lifestyle with her friend Emma in Paris, France. When Emma is horrifically attacked and murdered by vampires, and Lexis’s world is turned upside down as she makes numerous shocking revelations. She meets Etienne, an enigmatic vampire she can’t help but fall in love with. However, betrayal leads her to seek revenge.

When Darkness Falls was definitely an interesting, but short, read for me.

I liked the use of vampire icono
Autumn
Jan 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017

I received this book to give an honest review.

So the book was okay nothing that left me going OMG!!
Lexie as a character I just didn't really get her too much and her sayings that she would say. I was left going really? I live in the south and never heard that before.
There were some things that threw me for a loop as far as the way Lexie would act but nothing too bad. Sometimes she didn't seem like a young adult more like a teenager in some scenes.
So Le
Shelley Wilson
Sep 15, 2016 rated it liked it
As a fan of paranormal romance, and in particular, vampires, I was looking forward to reading When Darkness Falls.
The plot idea is great - the fight between good and evil is always a popular theme, as we can see by the thousands of books that dominate this genre. Finding an original take on vampire fiction and paranormal romance is a tough task. For me, this book didn’t quite deliver.
What let the book down were things like monotone descriptions of the mundane, such as shopping for a purple jump
Kelshei
Sep 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
In an absolutely saturated market, as is the case for paranormal romance in general and vampire romance in particular, it can be very difficult to have a completely new and unique spin on the genre. Unfortunately, this debut novel from Ellen Chaivet doesn't give an extremely original view of vampires and vampire fiction. Aside from the less-than-original plot, the frequent references to France, including the quotes in French with minimal translation, really got annoying. The constant "southernis ...more
Natacha Lalande
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Natacha by: Monica Paxson
Shelves: fantasy, fiction
When Darkness Falls – The First Vampire Redemption Story, by Ellen Chauvet. It took me less than a 24 hrs window frame to read it. I received this book to give my review. Thanks to Ellen and Monica for allowing me to dive into a great story.

Lexie Miles, is a Southern Belle and works as a translator for the UN with her best friend Emma. She’s living her dream life in Paris, until her whole world is turned upside-down. Emma is raped and killed by vampires.

She wasn’t a vampire believer, so imagine
Karen
Dec 02, 2016 rated it liked it
This book introduces you to Lexie Miles, leading a normal life until the unexpected death of her friend Emma turns her life in a different direction.

With her début novel When Darkness Falls, Ellen Chauvet has created the first book in The Vampire Redemption Series. Based on rather typical components, the story comprises some nicely added accents. It has a good plot line, a little to far on the steamy side with many explicit scenes. Despite that it is a nice read. Ellen Chauvet paints a clear pic
Ailyn
Jan 31, 2017 rated it did not like it
I have received this book for a fair and honest review. And I agree with the other one star review. To be honest, this book was a DNF for me
1. the conversations are dull, and it didn't help me relate to any of the characters
2. Too much talking! Even then, the author managed to tell everything rather than show.
3. She likes to take short cuts, but waste valuable pages and words explaining things rather than letting readers take a journey with Lexie and Etienne.
4. Predictable plot, story and chara
Courtney Wendleton
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! Honestly, I have fallen a bit out of love with vampires, but this book has brought the love back. Poor Lexie has a week from hell, from losing two best friends and the love of her life, and now she is prepared to kill and gain a sense of normalness to her life. There is a hint of Buffy in the heroine, but the author manages to eclipse the show and surpass it with ease.
June B Black
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Darkness Falls

A unique original plot. A well crafted novel that leaves the reader spell bound to follow through to its completion.
Darra Hulsart
Tracy
Beverly Laude
Brandi Dawn
May 31, 2017
Ellen lives in Vancouver, BC and finds the months of rain and gloom particularly conducive to creating in this genre. Ellen's love of reading and writing began at an early age and she wrote several short stories and plays which were lost over the years and many moves. In 2003 a friend introduced her to the TV series, Buffy, The Vampire Slayer, and Ellen was fascinated by the idea of good and evil ...more