Start by marking “Semi-Scripted (Wanderlove, #2)” as Want to Read:
Semi-Scripted (Wanderlove, #2)

Semi-Scripted (Wanderlove #2)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  59 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Marisol Gutierrez has come to Los Angeles with a single goal: win the prestigious grant that will save her family’s struggling medical clinic back in Nicaragua. But, when a cute guy invites her to sit in the audience of a hip-but-failing comedy program, Marisol figures she’ll get a little entertainment out of her otherwise stressful trip.

Evan Abramson thought an internshi
Published November 8th 2016 by Diversion Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Semi-Scripted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Semi-Scripted

Chris  Carroll
The first part of the book leaves you a little disconnected as far as what the story is about or what is going on. But then as you get into the second chapter and more, you begin to put together the whole story.

From the witty addiction of people to game shows and what they’ll do to get on one, to the crazy things people will do to sabotage another for the sake of winning, you get to see people at their worst in the story.

The author brings together two people who seemingly have nothing in common
Melanie Cesa
Aug 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story! We meet Marisol in Without Borders. She’s fun loving and full of life and you couldn’t help but smile with each scene she’s in.

This is another great story by Amanda Heger that was filled with wit and emotions. Marisol and Evan’s slow build relationship had me anxious and filled with anticipation.

Marisol takes a trip to CA in hopes to get a grant to save her family’s medical clinic in Nicaragua. What she doesn’t expect is Evan. Evan who has brought adventure into he
Melinda
Aug 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Semi-Scripted by Amanda Heger
2.5*

This story follows Evan, an intern on a failing tv show and Marisol who has come to the United States hoping to win a grant that will save her family's medical clinic in Nicaragua. When Marisol is turned away from her favorite game show, she's convinced by Evan to help fill one of the many empty seats on Its So Late, It's Early and the two become an overnight sensation.

This book was an ok read for me. I didn't really feel much of a connection between the charact
Samantha Bilodeau
This story is so darn cute. This is the second book in the Wanderlove series and is Marisol's book. In this one, Marisol has traveled to L.A. to go to a public health conference, hoping to be chosen for a grant to keep her mother's foundation in Nicaragua afloat. But first, she tries to get into a game show, which leads her down a crazy path. I absolutely adored Marisol that much more than I did in Without Borders, which is definitely saying a lot. She is sweet, feisty, and has an awesome sense ...more
Cara Nicole
Aug 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Witty and heartfelt, Semi-Scripted stays with you long after you finish.
Marisol and Evan have captured my heart, along with the rest of the world after they inadvertently find themselves on a fledgling late-night talk show. Marisol has traveled to LA to try and save her families medical clinic at a nursing conference, and while trying to get on a ridiculous game show, runs into Evan, an intern for a late-night show that has to convince the game-show rejects to sit in the audience. I loved that
Heather Fleet
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: can-t-wait
SO much love for this book. Full review to come...
Julie

description

This is the second book that I've read by Amanda Heger but the first in this series. I hardly ever pick up a book in the middle of a series when I've not read the previous ones but there are always exceptions. Those exceptions usually revolve around how much I really enjoy an author's writing. And that's what the thing was this time. I really enjoyed a novella that I beta-read this summer from Heger. Which is really good, btw ... but that's another blog post.

First, the cover is beautiful. Shoul
Meredith Tate
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**I received a free ARC of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review**

After reading and loving Heger's debut novel, WITHOUT BORDERS, I knew I needed to get my hands on Marisol's story ASAP.

In SEMI-SCRIPTED, Marisol leaves Nicaragua to attend a conference in LA in a desperate attempt to win a grant that would save her family's struggling medical practice. Before the hectic and competitive conference begins, Marisol decides to have a little fun and go to her favorite popular g
Viviane Crystal
Nov 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Marisol Gutierrez is a nurse come to Los Angeles, in her mother’s place, to win a grant for their failing medical practice. Marisol’s nervous about the interview to come but decides she will fill the waiting time by going to her favorite game show. When approaching the site, Marisol sees a bunch of strange characters such as a man wearing nothing but a dirty diaper, characters covered in multi-colored glitter and makeup. No entry for this show and not surprising given the oddities trying to gain ...more
Marie
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Smart, funny, and sexy!!

Amanda Heger's characters are so real! Marisol's spunk and wit is infectious, and Evan has to be the sweetest, sexiest man in all of Los Angeles. The antics of the So Late talk show are hysterical and I couldn't wait to find out what Marisol and Evan were going to do next! I thoroughly enjoyed watching the love story between Marisol and Evan develop. Well done Ms. Heger, can't wait for your next book!
Marty Mayberry
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
We met Marisol in WITHOUT BORDERS and it was wonderful connecting with her again! SEMI-SCRIPTED is a hilarious, heartwarming RomCom by one of my favorite authors, Amanda Heger.

Marisol has come to LA from Nicaragua to secure funding for her family’s struggling medical brigade. While in LA, she hopes to get into the audience of one of her favorite game shows. When she isn’t able to get into the show, she’s bummed. Until a cute guy named Evan offers her a ticket into the show he interns with, a fa
Annika Sharma
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*I received an ARC for my honest review*

Team Marivan forever.

Marisol, a nurse in LA to fight for a chance for a grant is swept into the game show world--hoping to be a participant on her dream game show, she ends up on another, thus crossing paths with Evan, the intern. Both characters are absolutely adorable in loveable and different ways. Evan is a smart, good boy, "oh shucks" kind of sweet lead, while Marisol is a little sassier, bubblier and with every mention of her smile and carefree laugh
Tanya
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this one- soooo funny. Full review to come for Heroes and Heartbreakers.
Autumn
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2016
Marisol Gutierrez isn’t in L.A. to rub elbows with the stars. She’s there to save Ahora. The grant that she’s competing for will ensure that they can continue saving lives.

But before the official business of acquiring the grant begins, she takes a few hours to try for a shot to visit the set of her favourite game show – Who’s Got the Coconut. Sadly, she doesn’t make the cut and instead ends up in the audience of a little known talk show all because of the very insistent and very cute boy handin
Cyndi Becker
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Semi-Scripted is the second in Amanda Hegers Wanderlove series and the first book by her that I've read. The story takes place over just under two weeks, with a few story lines that make up the setting. Because of this, it's a fast paced romance and a whirlwind of a read. The story is centered around Evan and Marisol, but there is a host of secondary characters that create chaos and seem to thwart both Evan and Marisol's career goals. It's Evan and Marisol that make this a whirlwind fun and swee ...more
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

Semi-Scripted is the follow up to Amanda's Without Borders, a book that I discovered late last year after actually requesting THIS book on NetGalley. Much like the first in her Wanderlove series, Semi-Scripted was a cute, fun and swoony read. Y'all know I love my fake relationship books, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that this story was one I enjoyed as much as I did. I'd really liked Marisol when I met her in the first book, so I was excited t
kristen
Y'all, this author is delightful and the stories are different and refreshing. I am so here for this world.

Full review soon at Beverages and Books.
Lisa
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Semi-Scripted by Amanda Heger is the second book in her Wanderlove series. It is a stand alone romance story told in dual POV and is lighthearted and funny and high on anticipation and low on the actual act of the sex.

Marisol opens the story in the most bizarre way - standing in line, in costume, in LA, for a game show Whose Got The Coconuts. It's quirky and unique and set the scene for the laughs and awkwardness to come. Evan, on the other hand, thought he was awkward and goofy but really didn'
Marie
 photo Semi-Scripted-Amanda-Heger-SweetMarie83_zpsms8snbse.png

I loved Amanda Heger’s debut, Without Borders. It was funny, touching, and compelling, and it featured memorable characters. One of those characters was Marisol, who gets her own turn in the spotlight in Semi-Scripted.

Marisol goes to LA from Nicaragua to attend conferences and interviews in the hopes of winning a grant for her family’s clinic, which provides medical brigades into isolated parts of Nicaragua. Evan moved across the country with dreams of becoming a TV writer, but his internship a
Pau (Winter Aragon)
Oct 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: finished
At some point, I liked Marisol and Evans but there were boring moment at quite times.

I loved Marisol's persistent and Evan would do anything for her. The title though is very catchy!

I wished I could give a four star with this story but... I couldn't.

Thank you to NetGalley for the ARC.
Anna
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Truly a 4.5 Rating - this book had a great mix of humor and romance. Well thought out and executed nicely. It's the perfect read for your next flight, vacation, or wherever you like to relax and unwind.
Sandra
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

If you read book one in the Wanderlove series, Without Borders, then you could not have helped but fall in love with Marisol, the funny, sexy nurse that won over readers everywhere. She returns in Semi-Scripted ready to find love.

Marisol was definitely one of my favorite characters in Without Borders with her carefree approach to life balanced with her desire to help the children of Nicaragua, especially those who, like herself, suffered from diabetes. In Semi-Scripted we get a more se
Lucy Dosch
DNF

I was halfway through this book and finally admitted that the reason I wasn’t reading much this week was simply the fact that I had no interest in this story. I was absolutely bored by it. So it was time to set it aside and move on.

This was one of those books that I was offered but I didn’t jump on it right away. I thought it had a clever twist but I was trying not to take extra books in the dim hope I can catch up and maybe even read one of the books that I set aside.

While I waffled on wheth
Stephanie
Jan 24, 2018 rated it liked it
For original review: https://holedupinabook.blogspot.com/2...

This was a cute two-book series that focused on traveling (Nicaragua), medical brigades to villages, and of course, romance. I enjoyed the interaction between the two main couples – Annie and Felipe in the first book and Marisol and Evan in the second. The one I would say is that out of the two couples, I had a harder time believing the romance and spark between Marisol and Evan. Their circumstance was a bit farfetched in terms of bein
Meg - A Bookish Affair
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, fiction, romance
3.5 stars. In "Semi-Scripted," Marisol finds herself in L.A. on a mission. The health clinic her family owns is in major trouble. Marisol knows she needs to do something to save the clinic but since she happens to be in the same place as where her favorite game show is taped, she figures she may want to do something while biding her time. She doesn't get into her favorite game show but she does meet Evan, a guy who works for sort of a down-on-its-luck show and hilarity and romance ensue.

This is
Karen
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was ok
I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

2 stars

This sounded intriguing. I liked the premise that two people were brought together by circumstance, share an attraction and add a little humour and it all sounded like a great combination. However, this fell apart in the execution. I had a hard time connecting with the characters and as a result, I didn't find myself invested in the story.

The story itself seemed a little 'semi-scripted'. At around the 30% mark, I remembe
Duck
Nov 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
**I received this book from Diversion Publishing through NetGalley for an honest review.**

Marisol is in LA to win a grant for her family’s medical clinic in Nicaragua. With a bit of extra time on her hands she tries to gain a spot on a game show, but she realizes it’s not that easy. Marisol then meets Evan who invites her to be on his show that he interns for instead. Things don’t go as expected but it doesn’t turn out to be so bad.

I liked how believable this story was. The amount of time Maris
Veronica
Mar 10, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
Dylann Crush
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed the second book in this series from Amanda Heger. The same quirky humor that I've come to expect from Ms. Heger is front and center in this follow up where Marisol travels to LA to secure a grant for the medical organization her mother runs back in Nicaragua. From the television staff to the game-show contestants, the characters had me smiling on page one and didn't let up until the end. Even though it was a fast-paced quick read it wasn't all lighthearted. Marisol and Evan took m ...more
Kira
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was really fun! Marisol seems so real and Evan is quite the unlikely match for her. A quick fun read that leaves you smiling
Amanda Heger is a writer, attorney, and bookworm. She lives in the Midwest with two unruly rescue dogs and a husband who encourages her delusions of grandeur. She's also certain that Amy Poehler is her soulmate, and one of her life goals is to adopt a pig and name it Ron Swineson.

Sign up for her newsletter here: http://eepurl.com/bM_XXf
More about Amanda Heger

Wanderlove (2 books)
  • Without Borders (Wanderlove, #1)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Four Swans: A Novel of Cornwall, 1795-1797 (Poldark)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Choice
  • Saving Zoë
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Silver Linings Playbook
    $9.99 $3.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be