Start by marking “Whisper No Lies (Black Ops Inc., #3)” as Want to Read:
Whisper No Lies (Black Ops Inc., #3)

Whisper No Lies

(Black Ops Inc. #3)

In New York Times bestselling author Cindy Gerard's fiery new romantic suspense series, when danger threatens, the seductive heroes of Black Ops, Inc. turn up the heat.

AN INDECENT PROPOSAL...

When a high roller at the Vegas casino where Crystal Debrowski manages security makes a scandalous proposition, she flat-out refuses, especially given rumors of his shady overseas

Mass Market Paperback, 335 pages
Published December 30th 2008 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about Whisper No Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whisper No Lies

Mr. Perfect by Linda HowardAfter the Night by Linda HowardHard Evidence by Pamela ClareNaked in Death by J.D. RobbUnlawful Contact by Pamela Clare
Best Romantic Suspense
1,966 books — 2,851 voters
Something About You by Julie JamesA Lot like Love by Julie JamesWild Card by Lora LeighThe Darkest Hour by Maya BanksUnlawful Contact by Pamela Clare
I Love A Man In Uniform
1,525 books — 1,568 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Whisper No Lies (Black Ops Inc., #3)
Jonetta
Crystal Debrowski is a force despite her pixie-ish size. She's a casino gaming manager and can handle herself, even with player Johnny Duane Reed, BOI's pretty boy. Though they're enjoying each other's company, she's playing it loose with the commitment phobe. When the head of an Asian crime syndicate makes her a disgusting offer she can refuse, Crystal finds herself in desperate circumstances when he doesn't take kindly to "no."

I loved, loved, loved Crystal! She's smart, witty, resourceful and
Auntee
May 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes a good, hot, emotional romantic suspense
Ahhhh...there aren't enough superlatives to adequately express how much I loved this book! You know how it is when you're reading a book and everything just 'clicks' for you? You love the characters, you love the dialogue, you love the supporting characters, you love the plot...you even love (to hate) the villain? And you don't want to put it down--in fact, you can't find a good place to stop when you have to (when life gets in the way), but you try to draw it out and make the book last as long ...more
Shawna
5+ stars – Romantic Suspense

Uber delicious, flirtatious, affable, sexy, playboy charmer, Texas cowboy stud, and ex Special Forces soldier turned mercenary with an underlying heart of gold, Johnny Duane Reed + spitfire, kick-ass, pixieish heroine Crystal Debrowski + taut, intense, high-octane action and thrilling suspense = the best (and my favorite) book in Cindy Gerard’s awesome, top-notch Black Ops military romantic suspense series! Big 5 stars!
Buggy
Opening Line: "It was business as usual at Bali Hai Casino on the Vegas strip, which meant that every nut job and wacko who could arrange bail was on the prowl."

WHISPER NO LIES is another thrilling instalment from Cindy Gerard’s Black-Ops series and with each book better than the last this is a great ride. Skilfully whisking us away to yet another exotic location Gerard gives us a kick butt heroine this time to go along with the daring roof top rescues, shootouts, explosions and boat chases. We
Dee
Another winner by Ms Gerard. I got up very early this morning and because I really wanted to read about Johnny I started this book straight away and several hours later I was still laying on my couch reading it and refused to move until it was finished.

This book had loads of action and both strong H & h. I was really looking forward to reading about Johnny and he didn't disappoint. From the glimpses we had seen of him in the other stories we could see that he was a player and committment shy so
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳ by: Lkay
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️4 STARS⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I revised my rating. I really enjoyed this one, Far better than book one, and I think my initial 5 stars ratings was mainly due to the fact of the ginormous difference between book 1 and 3.
Robin
Apr 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Crystal Debrowski has been working as a floor supervisor at a Las Vegas casino when she is accused of putting counterfeit money into play and stealing from the house. Her friends believe she is innocent and delve into who could be behind the counterfeit money. When Crystal is kidnapped and spirited away to Indonesia, Johnny Duane Reed believes international crime lord Yao Long is behind Crystal's problems and her disappearance. He travels to Jakarta to rescue Crystal and enlists his Blacks Ops, ...more
Cheri
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#3 and I loved it! So much action and suspense in this one....as well as some steamy scenes and a few laughs. Johnny Reed was such an arrogant, conceited man/boy, but was it all an act? Crystal is a pixie with spiked red hair and some bad ass moves when needed. What a pair they are! I enjoyed this one was beginning to end. We also get to catch up with the previous characters.
Anita
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love this series and the story of Johnny and Crystal is just fantastic, except for Johnny endlessly beating himself up over how his father perceived him and Crystal lamenting how all her other men used her for a good time and split. This is a very exciting, adventurous and seductive read. It does well as a standalone, but reading in order is recommended.

Crystal Debrowski manages security at a Vegas casino, when a Asian high roller wants to get to know her better she refuses his advances and te
Glamdring
Spoiler free review

This book was one of my favorite of the series.

Here again we have a full action packed, exhilarating story with great heroes.

It's quite unbelievable but I loved Reed even better than Sam. I usually don't fall for the Casanova kind of heroes but Johnny Duane Reed was simply irresistible and I just LOVED his character and the couple he formed with Crystal.

We met Crystal in the previous book, she's Abbie (Take No Prisoners) kick ass and sassy best friend. After having dismissed
Keri
Cindy Gerard is a real master when it comes to creating heat between her characters. Johnny Duane Reed and Crystal are both playas when it comes to the game of love and they have been playing with each other for awhile. But now that a drug lord has decreed that Crystal shall be his next woman and carted her off to Jarkarta without her permission of course. Johnny figures out real quick that Crystal means more to him then just a fun time in the hay when he blows into town.

Crystal and Johnny had
Quynh
Playboy Johnny Duane Reed with all his charms and swagger is a love 'em and leave 'em type of man. Crystal Debrowski know this of him yet she couldn't resist falling into bed with him each time he flew into town.

Trying to move up the chain in her casino, Crystal suddenly gets caught up in counterfeit chip and money, and the next thing she knew, she's abducted into human trafficking across the world in Jakarta.

Now it's racing against time as Johnny tries to save Crystal before she's lost in the
 ~V~
Aug 26, 2011 rated it liked it

**3 1/2 stars**

Whisper No Lies, the third book in the Black Ops series, had another exciting, edge of your seat, suspenseful storyline with lot of action and romance, but i would have to say that it was my least favorite of the ones i've read so far. While i LOVED Johnny, i didn't so much care for Crystal. After everything she'd gone through, she should have gone back to the states and let the guys from Black Ops Inc. take care of business, but oh no...she had to insist on heading into the front
Gina
Nov 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, suspense
OMG OMG OMG!!! This is my favorite book of this series yet!

I love Johnny and Crystal (he calls her tink as in tinkerbell how cute is that). I loved the chemistry between these two, the banter and the fact that both of them were deathly afraid to admit to any deeper feelings for each other. Johnny was a definitely a hot alpha man, but also a man with an look and smile that let you know "resistance is futile". You just hoped you didn't get to broken hearted when it was over.....

but then he finall
Joy
May 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
"In the heat of the night, without a single word spoken, she felt everything change between them. Until this moment, they'd only played at love, danced cautiously around the prospect of commitment. But as he sank in and out of her body, immersing them in sensation and a profound stream of consciousness, he sought her gaze in the dark. What she saw in his eyes brought tears to hers as it became achingly, wonderfully clear.
The biggest player of them all wasn't playing anymore.”

Another great read
TJ
Sep 12, 2010 rated it liked it
Cindy Gerard sure knows how to write riveting romantic/suspense! The thrills start as soon as the book is opened and continue until the last page. The suspense aspect is believable and very well done. It was the romance aspect in this book that was a little hard to swallow. A couple of wham-bam,thank you, ma'm one night stands having been referred to, then suddenly when danger hits, they can't live without each other? Eh..... just not working as remotely realistic.
Jennifer Lane
Thank you to Buggy for recommending this series! Whisper No Lies is the third book in the Black Ops romantic suspense series, and I enjoyed it immensely.

Though she doesn't look like your typical security agent, showty Crystal works for a casino in Las Vegas. She's a red-haired, green-eyed firecracker who doesn't take anyone's shit. She's best friend to Abbie, the heroine of Take No Prisoners, and met Black Ops team member Johnny Duane Reed while helping Abbie out of a tight spot in book #2.

Reed
Kathrynn
Mar 05, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who read and enjoyed the Bodyguard series
Enjoyed the story, writing and the two main characters--Johnny and Crystal--that were first introduced in an earlier book in this series. The Black Ops series spins right off the Bodyguard series. IMO, for maximum enjoyment I recommend reading the latter FIRST then the Black Ops because some of the characters from the Bodyguard overlap.

The book starts out in Las Vegas where Crystal (AKA Tinkerbell) is a security guard for a casino. She gets propositioned by an Asian warlord who won't take no for
Kathleen
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
Not quite 3 stars. My friends loved this one, but I MUCH preferred Killing Time, the first in the One-Eyed Jacks series. My main gripe is the plot (see spoilers below), but the relationship building was weak, too.

Johnny and Crystal (likeable characters) were already sleeping together before the book started. However, because of a verbally abusive father, Johnny felt worthless, unable to bring anything good to a relationship, and therefore unwilling to commit, even though he clearly cared for Cr
jenjn79
Dec 16, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
Rating: 4.5 / 5

I rather liked this addition to the Bodyguards/Black Ops series. It wasn't perfect. There was one area I thought could have been better, but other than that, I enjoyed it. Both the hero and heroine kicked butt, the story is a bit heart-wrenching, and it kept me reading cover to cover.

Series Note:
Best to read this series in order.

Summary:
Crystal knew Johnny Duane Reed was going to be trouble from the moment she met him. So how she keeps ending up in bed with him, she doesn't know.
Sunny
Black Ops is a series in which the more you read, the more you love. These characters become more and more endearing (maybe a strange thing to say about a series of alpha male, special ops warriors). You become invested in them as individuals and as the Black Ops group. This is my third Black Ops book and so far, my favorite.

Whisper No Lies features Johnny Duane Reed and Crystal Debrowski. Johnny is the playboy of the BOI team. He thrives on his reputation as an playful rake which he uses to pr
Riverina Romantics
Nov 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Cindy Gerard is the *sigh* Queen. I think it has become a habit of mine to finish one of Cindy's books, place my Kindle down and just let out a big, heartfelt sigh.

Her suspense novels are sledge hammer - hard hitting. They knock me for six when it comes to the continuous adrenaline rush and heart palpitating romance. I love them all. Whisper No Lies included.

Johnny Duane Reed has always held a soft spot in my heart. From the last book in the Bodyguard series I have been openly crushing
Kayla
Nov 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Best book yet! I love a strong female character and Crystal Debrowski did not disappoint.

Crystal has trained to be a cop all her life. However, because of a series of ear infections, she couldn't pass the hearing part of the cop physical. Crystal is also a black belt in martial arts (five years of training) and she knows how to handle weapons. Needles to say, this little five foot Tinkerbell can take care of herself. And boy does she!

Johnny Duane Reed has been interested is Crystal since he firs
Wendy
Jan 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: romance adventure lovers
I hve loved all of Cindy Gerard's books that I have read, but this is one that I have waited for for a while. I first came to be interested in these characters in Take No Prisoner's. Johnny Duane Reed is in several of her books and now he has a book just about him and his on again off again lover Crystal. When Johnny visits his friend Sam Lang in Vegas he always sees his lover Crystal, who is also Sam's wife Abby's best friend. Crystal is abducted in this story and taken to Indonesia as a Sex Sl ...more
Duchess Nicole
Jul 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I knew that I'd just love Johnny Reed! Rarely have I read a book that makes a player into such a softie. I imagine it's hard to make the hero into every woman's dream man while also showing such vulnerability, but Ms. Gerard really nailed it with Reed. And Crystal was kick-butt in a believable way, and perfect for him. Though parts of the storyline were horrifying, mainly due to the fact that they actually happen, even more parts were uplifting. I found myself wanting to do a fist pump and say, ...more
Melissa
Oh WOW what can I say... I love me some Johnny Duane Reed!

I thought the book started out with a bang but somewhere in between I wasn't so sure. I was hoping it picked back up and sure enough it did.
This was going to be a 4 1/2 star rating for me until the ending and even after finishing the book I'm still smiling.

So for that 5 stars all the way!!

Cindy Gerard is becoming one of my favorite authors. I have only read the first three books in this series and will continue. I would also like to get
Pamela(AllHoney)
The third in the Black Ops series by Cindy Gerard. The hero and heroine actually got together in the previous book, Take No Prisoners. I loved Johnny and Crystal's story. I loved that Crystal was such a kick*** woman who could take care of herself but didn't seem overly bothered that Johnny tried to take care of her anyway.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

Crystal Debrowski has got it all – the red, pixie hair, the big boobs, the mile-long legs. Many envy her good looks, but it’s those same looks that have made her a target of an Indonesian bastard named Yao Long.

Yao wants Crystal as his slave. His sex slave.

When Yao’s second-in-command, Wong Li tries to proposition Crystal on behalf of Mr. Yao, Crystal gives the two the one-finger salute. It isn’t until her job is in jeopardy and she spends some time behind bars that s
Norma
Jul 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really, really liked this one! Great story with a bad guy you love to hate. He was just this side of the "so evil it's silly" line that so often gets crossed with Romantic Suspense. He was believably evil, which makes a difference. And Johnny and Chrystal were terrific!

One thing that stood out for me with this book was that it was told in both points of view. I loved that the emotional scenes and even the sex scenes were told from Johnny's POV. It was wonderful to read his feelings and to rea
Mskychick
Oct 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
Omg was this plot line far fetched! A group of mercenary operatives allow Crystal, a civilian, to come on one of their ops because she had intended to be a cop and so said she had some skills?! Without verifying her skills first hand. That's a great way to get yourself killed! And they break a general's daughter out of captivity that Crystal is along in order help them with, and Crystal doesn't notice it's the wrong girl until they get her back to a safe house?! These are just a few of the inani ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question P 6 6 Apr 26, 2017 07:10PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question O 5 5 Apr 26, 2017 07:09PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question K 6 6 Apr 26, 2017 07:04PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question J 7 5 Apr 26, 2017 07:02PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question I 6 5 Apr 26, 2017 07:00PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question H 7 5 Apr 26, 2017 06:59PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question G 6 5 Apr 26, 2017 06:55PM

• Naked Edge (I-Team, #4)
  • Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3)
  • Striking Distance (I-Team, #6)
  • Return to Me (Last Chance Rescue, #2)
  • Breaking Point (I-Team, #5)
  • Hard Evidence (I-Team, #2)
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9, Wolfe Security, #0.5)
  • Hard Justice (Cobra Elite, #3)
  • Hard Asset (Cobra Elite, #2)
  • Unforgivable (Tracers #3)
  • Body of Evidence (Evidence, #2)
  • Hard Edge (Cobra Elite, #4)
  • Withholding Evidence (Evidence, #3)
  • Extreme Exposure (I-Team, #1)
  • Forged in Steele (KGI, #7)
  • At Close Range (Tracers, #11)
  • Seduction Game (I-Team, #7)
  • Hard Target (Cobra Elite, #1)
The only thing Cindy had in mind when she started writing her first book was finishing it. The issue of actually selling it came much later. Only after she made that life-altering first sale did she realize that one book would never be enough. Now, over 20 books and numerous awards later, Cindy laughingly admits that she can barely remember life before...well, was there life before writing?

Actuall

Black Ops Inc. (8 books)
  • Show No Mercy (Black Ops Inc., #1)
  • Take No Prisoners (Black Ops Inc., #2)
  • Feel the Heat (Black Ops Inc., #4)
  • Risk No Secrets (Black Ops Inc., #5)
  • With No Remorse (Black Ops Inc., #6)
  • Last Man Standing (Black Ops Inc., #7)
  • Love Is Murder (Bullet Catcher, #8.75; Mercy Street, #3.5; Lucy Kincaid, #4.5; Cold Ridge/U. S. Marshals, #6.5; Forensic Instincts, #1.5, Mike Dietz, #1.75; Jackie Mercer, #1.5; Black Ops Inc., #3.5)