Start by marking “Draekora (The Medoran Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Draekora (The Medoran Chronicles, #3)

Draekora

(The Medoran Chronicles #3)

“I swear by the stars that you and the others slain tonight will be the first of many. Of that you have my word.”

With Aven Dalmarta now hiding in the shadows of Meya, Alex is desperate to save Jordan and keep the Rebel Prince from taking more lives.

Training day and night to master the enhanced immortal blood in her veins, Alex undertakes a dangerous Meyarin warrior trial t
Published April 1st 2017

Caz (littlebookowl)
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, audiobook
Rating: 4.5 stars

Favourite book of the series so far!

Review copy provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Pouting Always
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Alex is a mortal but after being claimed by Aven, a disowned former prince of Meya, she has Meyarin blood flowing through her veins. She is staying in Meya to train so that she can go up against Aven. I haven't read the first two books but after reading this one, I'm totally going to. The writing was good and even though I was a little confused at first about what was happening it didn't take long to catch on. The plot line is interesting and I really want to see where this series ends up going. ...more
Ryan Buckby
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
i swear by the stars that you and the others slain tonight will be the first of many.. of that you have my word

Wow! this book is defiantly a step up from book two, but i will probably be saying this about every book in this series but it's true Lynette defiantly knows how to write a really good book and it shows.

Plot
This book picks up after the events of book two and we see Alex, Bear and D.C in a top secret facility trying to get to the surveillance room to see if what Aven said about Jord
Krystal
**Re-Read Feb 19**

I HAVE SO MANY EMOTIONS

PREPARE FOR RAMBLING.

NIYX

This is possibly my fave book in the series and it's mostly because of this guy. Niyx is one of my fave characters ever. He's snarky and fun and savage and flirty and ultimately a great guy who is BFF material. He melts my heart. I LOVE YOU NIYX. His pet name (haha) for Alex is the greatest and just melts me even more.

There's also a lot of fun in getting to know all these characters that we met and liked okay in book 2 but haven
nicklein
Oct 20, 2016 marked it as to-read
SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING SELLING MY SOUL FOR AN EARLY COPY OF THIS. *SOBS*
Jenna
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SPOILER-FREE VIDEO REVIEW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk9ns...

SPOILER-FILLED BOOKTALK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oc5Q...

This book. This BOOK. THIS BOOK! Draekora is such a step-up from Raelia and Akarnae, something I didn't think was possible. The book takes us in a very different direction, but one that is so necessary for Alex's story and for books going forward. The plot for this one was fairly simple, as it followed Alex learning more about her abilities while trying to get home
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pantera, bookgasm
Draekora is the third fantastical installment of The Medoran Chronicles. Alexandra Jennings is an adventurous, enchanting character and her journey a compelling narration. As Alexandra continues to prepare for the impending confrontation her main concern is for Jordan, captured under Aven's influence. Alexander is wonderfully human, immersed within a world of immortal beings and transported to a bygone illustrious City of Meya, concealed as a lost Meyarin daughter.

Roka and Aven Dalmarta are assi
Jas Sahade
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ok so I wrote a review quite a while ago for this book and I just found it. So without editing or re-reading this review..........

*spoiler free review* Draekora is the third instalment in 'The Medoran Chronicles'. I would like to begin this review by saying that this book is not perfect. Draekora does have its flaws however, I would like to give it 3.5 stars because of how the ending was able to give meaning to the events in the story leading up to it.

When I first begun reading Draekora, I felt
Emily Coates
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I SERIOUSLY CANNOT HANDLE THIS RIGHT NOW IM FULL ON SHAKING AND HAVING TROUBLE BREATHING CAUSE WHAT I READ WAS JUST SO AMAZING
Wayne
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

Sometimes I read books I just love but it's hard to pinpoint why.
This series is one of these.
It has a lot of standard tropes and there's not a lot of surprises but it's just a really enjoyable read

I just want to keep picking it up and read read read.

The world building is stunning - it really is. There's just so much detail and every book there's somewhere new to see and it's amazingly vivid. You get drawn into that world so easily and completely it's brilliant writing.

The characters are g
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Wow...just wow...how this book tied everything together. I have no clue how the author was able to write this past so seamlessly into the present plot of the story...FANTASTIC!

And my heart strings? Jeez...could this have been any more heartbreaking with Alex and knowing how everything came to pass. I can't say anything more on this without giving away this twist of the story.

It was awesome to live the past of Aven and the rest of the Meyans. OMG...don't even get me started on Niyx. Holy moly...
Emily
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy mother of vaeliana Draekoran heir. 'Draekora' by Lynette Noni was such an amazing instalement in 'The Medoran Chronicles' series. I think that this third book is my favourite so far. 'Raelia', book two, ended with everyone finding out that Jordan had been Claimed by Aven - this leads friends Bear, DC, and Alex to try to save him. The book starts with Alex working with Bear and DC, but is later thrust into the world of the Meyrians, Meya, where she is to be taught how to use her traces of Me ...more
Sheila Goicea
I received a copy of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!
Runningrabbit
I despise book series that are released once a year. They fall off your radar and they have no sense of continuity; you may remember parts of the story but you can't remember the author. When you have a 'to read' list that enters the hundreds why would you want to repeat yourself? If you're averse to this, I don't suggest you read it till all 5 books are out. I'm sure publishing houses and authors wonder why their books have less and less readers, so I can only guess they're greedy or just plain ...more
Darcy (Daydreamingofbookdragons)
THIRD READ 15/02/19 - 5 stars

I still stand by my original review, only let me tell you, this was even more heartbreaking to read after having read Graevale and We Three Heroes. You should still read it though.

SECOND READ 30/01/18 - 5 stars

FIRST READ 24/06/17 - 5 stars

no no No NoNo NO NOO NOOOO NO NOOO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!! That was NOT NICE!!! my heart is an absolute wreak.
Cassie James
description
description

I have loved the Medoran Chronicles ever since I read Arkanae. The whole series is a thrilling ride if fun, It was with great excitement I began Draekora. It was everything I expected and more. Draekora is undoubtedly the best book in the series so far, Every single aspect about it is just perfect. It began with action, Alex and the gang trying to prove whether Jordan's brother was alive or not. The storyline then gravitated to what is the most portion of the book, Meya. Alex goes to Meya to tra
Kristy ▪ The Reader Dragon
My mind is completely fucked right now. Like.. seriously. That was one hell of a roller-coaster ride and I never wanted it to end. I know it took me forever to get through (srsly, 2.5 weeks is like an eternity), but Draekora is hands-down the best book in the series so far, and the others just cannot compare (that must surely tell you something if you know just how much I love both Akarnae and Raelia . I desperately need to get my hands on Graevale RIGHT. NOW. But while I wait, please answer ...more
Mary-ellen
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lynette Noni does such a fabulous job of developing this story in new directions. This book explains so much of why things are the way they are. Once again we get to meet new characters, but we also get a lot more depth on existing characters. It’s great to see a bit more complexity for Aven’s character. And Niyx’s character really shines. It’s getting a little darker, but it’s still a lot of fun.
Lissa
I am not okay. This book... this book. “Draekora” is everything I hoped for and far, far more. Everything is completely turned on it’s head and it is glorious. There’s one character who ripped my heart out (okay, thee, but one’s a dragon so what can you except?) and it was glorious. Also, did I mention dragons? Lynette’s books just keep getting better, and I can’t wait for the next one to completely destroy me...
Lisa
ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley.

4,5 stars

Very intense and darker than the last two books. A lot of new information is coming our way, more worldbuilding which I appreciated. You also see some characters from very different angles this time which was very interesting and added to their depths and complexity. Half of the cast is missing, though. I understand why, but still, I missed them heavily. There is a new race we learn about and I wished we would have seen more of them. But man,
Amy
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I really did enjoy this! There was a bit when I felt nothing was happening but it finished with such a bang and there were so many aspects I liked about it like talking dragons!!! love that. There is more explained in this as well that makes you understand what a certain character is doing! Well done Lynette 👏
Alison
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ozya
Thus was a re-read for me, and knowing what happens at the end just made the entire experience so bittersweet.

And I'm noticing so much more, this round of reading, just how much Alex suffers in this series. Girl just doesn't catch a break.

The turn this novel takes for the direction of the series really changes everything, and changes absolutely nothing, all at once. This might be my favourite book of the series.
J. Else
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tablet-reads
Oh. My. Goodness. These books just keep getting better! And its not just the dizzying adventures or the enchanting landscape or the delightful characters, its the depth of her characters and their relationships that makes Noni's book so great. And the wickedly funny sarcasm too.

Think you know everything there is to know about Aven, Roka, Kiya, and Zain? Woah boy, think again! AND there are dragons.

Alex goes on an adventure she never could have dreamed, one in which she travels to the past befo
Justina
Azra
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was definitely not expecting anything that happened in this book to happen... My expectations were completely blown away (in the best way possible), I have so many emotions about this book.
At first I was super annoyed because the focus went beyond Alex and her Akarnae gang and they were who I wanted to see more of! This changed after I started to really get into the book and I LOVED the direction the plot took, Draekora for me is really a step up from the other books, it explores so much of th
Tamsien West (Babbling Books)
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: australia, ya
My favourite book of the series so far. I really appreciate that the main character doesn't just get a montage and suddenly become amazing at fighting and other skills. She has been working really hard at it for 3 whole books and she's getting better - rather than being gifted on page one.
✩ Aysha Lula ✩
“Heart I give you, soul to share, strength and mind, both here and there. Forever and always, vaeliana.”

Ladies and gentlemen, this is time travel done right.

Unlike the first two books in the Medoran Chronicles, this one doesn't revolve around the school year, DC and Bear, or the library. Instead, Alex gets sucked back in time thousands of years in Meya, where she befriends Roka, Kyia, Zain, Niyx, and...Aven?? But not to worry, he's not evil. Yet. Alex must live in the palace and pretend to be M
Lana
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
IT IS SO GOOD IT'S BEEN A MONTH AND I'M STILL RECOVERING
Juliette
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Donna
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
400+ pages with zero plot development - this book annoyed me. The events in this book could have been told in 100 pages and then the plot could have actually moved forward. Not worth the wait between Book 2 and Book 3.
Also inserting bible verses into general conversation (often with tenuous links and always without referencing) seems more like plagiarism than honouring.

• White Night
  • The Rift
  • The First Third
  • Dead, Actually
  • In the Dark Spaces
  • Brave New Girls: Tales of Girls and Gadgets  (Brave New Girls, #1)
  • A Tangle of Gold (The Colours of Madeleine, #3)
  • Waer
  • The Book of Days
  • Valentine (Valentine, #1)
  • Hate is Such a Strong Word
  • A Curse of Ash and Embers (Tales of the Blackbone Witches #1)
  • Vigil (Verity Fassbinder #1)
  • The Things I Didn't Say
  • Hearth, Home, and Havoc (Magical Romantic Comedies, #4.5)
  • Swerve
  • Unwritten
  • UnEarthed (UnEarthed, #1)
Lynette Noni studied journalism and academic writing at university before completing a degree in human behavior. She lives on the Sunshine Coast in Australia and can be found baking cupcakes, singing along to animated movies, or daydreaming about being swept away to a fantasy world. Some days, she can even do all three at once — and still find the time to sneak in a nap afterwards.

The Medoran Chronicles (5 books)
  • Akarnae (The Medoran Chronicles, #1)
  • Raelia (The Medoran Chronicles, #2)
  • Graevale (The Medoran Chronicles, #4)
  • Vardaesia (The Medoran Chronicles, #5)
“For those overwhelmed by fear of the future.
Live in the moment.”
12 likes
“That’s not something you’ll ever know. All you can do is live in the moment and choose not to worry about what the future may bring. Don’t waste today by fearing tomorrow, for tomorrow will come whether you’re ready for it or not.” 9 likes