Start by marking “Draekora (The Medoran Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Draekora (The Medoran Chronicles, #3)

Draekora

(The Medoran Chronicles #3)

“I swear by the stars that you and the others slain tonight will be the first of many. Of that you have my word.”

With Aven Dalmarta now hiding in the shadows of Meya, Alex is desperate to save Jordan and keep the Rebel Prince from taking more lives.

Training day and night to master the enhanced immortal blood in her veins, Alex undertakes a dangerous Meyarin warrior trial t
404 pages
Published April 1st 2017

Start your review of Draekora (The Medoran Chronicles, #3)
Caz (littlebookowl)
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook, owned
Rating: 4.5 stars

Favourite book of the series so far!

Review copy provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Always Pouting
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Alex is a mortal but after being claimed by Aven, a disowned former prince of Meya, she has Meyarin blood flowing through her veins. She is staying in Meya to train so that she can go up against Aven. I haven't read the first two books but after reading this one, I'm totally going to. The writing was good and even though I was a little confused at first about what was happening it didn't take long to catch on. The plot line is interesting and I really want to see where this series ends up going. ...more
Ryan Buckby
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First Read: May 14th 2017
re-read: January 26th 2018, March 8th 2020

i swear by the stars that you and the others slain tonight will be the first of many.. of that you have my word

Wow! this book is defiantly a step up from book two, but i will probably be saying this about every book in this series but it's true Lynette defiantly knows how to write a really good book and it shows.

Plot
This book picks up after the events of book two and we see Alex, Bear and D.C in a top secret facility tr
Brenda
Alone in the palace with Roka intent on her training, Alex was wary as she was deposited in the forest with the goal to return to Meya by the following evening. This was the initial assessment to see if she could go the distance, to bring out her Meyarin blood, to be able to fight the Meyarin rebel prince. But after considerable time, exhaustion and hunger became nothing to what Alex saw in front of her. Shocked and slightly in awe, the sight of an injured dragon was enough to convince her she w ...more
Krystal
**Re-Read Feb 19**

I HAVE SO MANY EMOTIONS

PREPARE FOR RAMBLING.

NIYX

This is possibly my fave book in the series and it's mostly because of this guy. Niyx is one of my fave characters ever. He's snarky and fun and savage and flirty and ultimately a great guy who is BFF material. He melts my heart. I LOVE YOU NIYX. His pet name (haha) for Alex is the greatest and just melts me even more.

There's also a lot of fun in getting to know all these characters that we met and liked okay in book 2 but hav
nicklein
Oct 20, 2016 marked it as to-read
SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING SELLING MY SOUL FOR AN EARLY COPY OF THIS. *SOBS*
Jenna
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SPOILER-FREE VIDEO REVIEW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk9ns...

SPOILER-FILLED BOOKTALK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oc5Q...

This book. This BOOK. THIS BOOK! Draekora is such a step-up from Raelia and Akarnae, something I didn't think was possible. The book takes us in a very different direction, but one that is so necessary for Alex's story and for books going forward. The plot for this one was fairly simple, as it followed Alex learning more about her abilities while trying to get home
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bookgasm, pantera
Draekora is the third fantastical installment of The Medoran Chronicles. Alexandra Jennings is an adventurous, enchanting character and her journey a compelling narration. As Alexandra continues to prepare for the impending confrontation her main concern is for Jordan, captured under Aven's influence. Alexander is wonderfully human, immersed within a world of immortal beings and transported to a bygone illustrious City of Meya, concealed as a lost Meyarin daughter.

Roka and Aven Dalmarta are assi
Jas
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ok so I wrote a review quite a while ago for this book and I just found it. So without editing or re-reading this review..........

*spoiler free review* Draekora is the third instalment in 'The Medoran Chronicles'. I would like to begin this review by saying that this book is not perfect. Draekora does have its flaws however, I would like to give it 3.5 stars because of how the ending was able to give meaning to the events in the story leading up to it.

When I first begun reading Draekora, I felt
Emily Coates
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I SERIOUSLY CANNOT HANDLE THIS RIGHT NOW IM FULL ON SHAKING AND HAVING TROUBLE BREATHING CAUSE WHAT I READ WAS JUST SO AMAZING
Wayne
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

Sometimes I read books I just love but it's hard to pinpoint why.
This series is one of these.
It has a lot of standard tropes and there's not a lot of surprises but it's just a really enjoyable read

I just want to keep picking it up and read read read.

The world building is stunning - it really is. There's just so much detail and every book there's somewhere new to see and it's amazingly vivid. You get drawn into that world so easily and completely it's brilliant writing.

The characters are g
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Wow...just wow...how this book tied everything together. I have no clue how the author was able to write this past so seamlessly into the present plot of the story...FANTASTIC!

And my heart strings? Jeez...could this have been any more heartbreaking with Alex and knowing how everything came to pass. I can't say anything more on this without giving away this twist of the story.

It was awesome to live the past of Aven and the rest of the Meyans. OMG...don't even get me started on Niyx. Holy moly...
Emily
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy mother of vaeliana Draekoran heir. 'Draekora' by Lynette Noni was such an amazing instalement in 'The Medoran Chronicles' series. I think that this third book is my favourite so far. 'Raelia', book two, ended with everyone finding out that Jordan had been Claimed by Aven - this leads friends Bear, DC, and Alex to try to save him. The book starts with Alex working with Bear and DC, but is later thrust into the world of the Meyrians, Meya, where she is to be taught how to use her traces of Me ...more
Runningrabbit
I despise book series that are released once a year. They fall off your radar and they have no sense of continuity; you may remember parts of the story but you can't remember the author. When you have a 'to read' list that enters the hundreds why would you want to repeat yourself? If you're averse to this, I don't suggest you read it till all 5 books are out. I'm sure publishing houses and authors wonder why their books have less and less readers, so I can only guess they're greedy or just plain ...more
Sheila Goicea
I received a copy of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!
Darcy (Daydreamingofbookdragons)
THIRD READ 15/02/19 - 5 stars

I still stand by my original review, only let me tell you, this was even more heartbreaking to read after having read Graevale and We Three Heroes. You should still read it though.

SECOND READ 30/01/18 - 5 stars

FIRST READ 24/06/17 - 5 stars

no no No NoNo NO NOO NOOOO NO NOOO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!! That was NOT NICE!!! my heart is an absolute wreak.
Brooklyn Tayla
After the devastating climax in Raelia, which honestly took me ages recover from (I finished it late August this year, I’d taken a slight breather from Lynette Noni’s world of wonder and feelings that is her Medoran Chronicles (it’s true!), but then I met Lynette over this past weekend at Supanova Adelaide, and I knew it was high time to resume my adventure with Alex Jennings.
That’s exactly what Lynette’s books are in all their forms, adventures! And there is honestly no way I could even begin t
Cassie James
description
description

I have loved the Medoran Chronicles ever since I read Arkanae. The whole series is a thrilling ride if fun, It was with great excitement I began Draekora. It was everything I expected and more. Draekora is undoubtedly the best book in the series so far, Every single aspect about it is just perfect. It began with action, Alex and the gang trying to prove whether Jordan's brother was alive or not. The storyline then gravitated to what is the most portion of the book, Meya. Alex goes to Meya to tra
Kristy
My mind is completely fucked right now. Like.. seriously. That was one hell of a roller-coaster ride and I never wanted it to end. I know it took me forever to get through (srsly, 2.5 weeks is like an eternity), but Draekora is hands-down the best book in the series so far, and the others just cannot compare (that must surely tell you something if you know just how much I love both Akarnae and Raelia . I desperately need to get my hands on Graevale RIGHT. NOW. But while I wait, please ans ...more
Alison
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ozya
Third read through and I still adore this instalment. Original review below.

________________________________

This was a re-read for me, and knowing what happens at the end just made the entire experience so bittersweet.

And I'm noticing so much more, this round of reading, just how much Alex suffers in this series. Girl just doesn't catch a break.

The turn this novel takes for the direction of the series really changes everything, and changes absolutely nothing, all at once. This might be my fav
Lissa Joy
I am not okay. This book... this book. “Draekora” is everything I hoped for and far, far more. Everything is completely turned on it’s head and it is glorious. There’s one character who ripped my heart out (okay, thee, but one’s a dragon so what can you except?) and it was glorious. Also, did I mention dragons? Lynette’s books just keep getting better, and I can’t wait for the next one to completely destroy me...
Mary-ellen
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lynette Noni does such a fabulous job of developing this story in new directions. This book explains so much of why things are the way they are. Once again we get to meet new characters, but we also get a lot more depth on existing characters. It’s great to see a bit more complexity for Aven’s character. And Niyx’s character really shines. It’s getting a little darker, but it’s still a lot of fun.
Amy
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I really did enjoy this! There was a bit when I felt nothing was happening but it finished with such a bang and there were so many aspects I liked about it like talking dragons!!! love that. There is more explained in this as well that makes you understand what a certain character is doing! Well done Lynette 👏
JohnnyBoy
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ALL THE STARS🤩🤩🤩
Jamilah
Please just give me a minute. My mind hasn't still adapted to the fact that book four won't come out till next year. And I seriously don't know how I am going to wait that long.
This is killing me.

When I re-read it like 6 months later
Are you kidding me. For some reason I believed that if I re-read the whole series, by some unknown miracle I would instantly be rewarded with the next book. Should've known better of course. Turns out I have to yet wait another 3 months? Speaking of which I forgot h
Lisa
ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley.

4,5 stars

Very intense and darker than the last two books. A lot of new information is coming our way, more worldbuilding which I appreciated. You also see some characters from very different angles this time which was very interesting and added to their depths and complexity. Half of the cast is missing, though. I understand why, but still, I missed them heavily. There is a new race we learn about and I wished we would have seen more of them. But man,
J. Else
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tablet-reads
Oh. My. Goodness. These books just keep getting better! And its not just the dizzying adventures or the enchanting landscape or the delightful characters, its the depth of her characters and their relationships that makes Noni's book so great. And the wickedly funny sarcasm too.

Think you know everything there is to know about Aven, Roka, Kiya, and Zain? Woah boy, think again! AND there are dragons.

Alex goes on an adventure she never could have dreamed, one in which she travels to the past bef
Justina
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Azra
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was definitely not expecting anything that happened in this book to happen... My expectations were completely blown away (in the best way possible), I have so many emotions about this book.
At first I was super annoyed because the focus went beyond Alex and her Akarnae gang and they were who I wanted to see more of! This changed after I started to really get into the book and I LOVED the direction the plot took, Draekora for me is really a step up from the other books, it explores so much of th
Tamsien West (Babbling Books)
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: australia, ya
My favourite book of the series so far. I really appreciate that the main character doesn't just get a montage and suddenly become amazing at fighting and other skills. She has been working really hard at it for 3 whole books and she's getting better - rather than being gifted on page one.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Spark (Spark, #1)
  • Misrule (Valentine, #3)
  • Stray (Spark, #2)
  • Ironheart (Valentine, #2)
  • Aurora Burning (The Aurora Cycle, #2)
  • Valentine (Valentine, #1)
  • Chasing the Valley (Chasing the Valley #1)
  • Navigating the Stars (Sentinels of the Galaxy #1)
  • Shield (Spark, #3)
  • The Eyes of Tamburah (Archives of the Invisible Sword, #1)
  • Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1)
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
  • The World of Throne of Glass
  • Chasing the Shadows (Sentinels of the Galaxy, #2)
  • The Last Secret (Scarlet and Ivy, #6)
  • A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1)
  • A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)
  • Cloak of Night (Circle of Shadows, #2)
Lynette Noni studied journalism and academic writing at university before completing a degree in human behavior. She lives on the Sunshine Coast in Australia and can be found baking cupcakes, singing along to animated movies, or daydreaming about being swept away to a fantasy world. Some days, she can even do all three at once — and still find the time to sneak in a nap afterwards.

The Medoran Chronicles (5 books)
  • Akarnae (The Medoran Chronicles, #1)
  • Raelia (The Medoran Chronicles, #2)
  • Graevale (The Medoran Chronicles, #4)
  • Vardaesia (The Medoran Chronicles, #5)