Start by marking “What Customers Crave: How to Create Relevant and Memorable Experiences at Every Touchpoint” as Want to Read:

The best companies in the world discover what their customers desire—and then deliver it in memorable and deeply human experiences. How well do you know your customers

What Customers Crave examines how the hyper-connected economy is radically changing consumer expectations, and reveals what companies need to do to stay on top. The solution rests on two simple questions:
Published October 13th 2016 by AMACOM

To ask other readers questions about What Customers Crave, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Customers Crave

Start your review of What Customers Crave: How to Create Relevant and Memorable Experiences at Every Touchpoint
E.J.
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a free arc in exchange for my honest review.
When I first opened this book on my Kindle, I thought it was pretty short. It registered as being I believe 5% in and I was only on the table of contents. Turns out it isn't short; it's just densely packed.
This book breaks down customer service for the new generation; the digital one. It goes through the importance of treating customers not as demographics but rather as types. What a customer loves and what a customer hates are more
Darren
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Knowing what your customers desire and then seeking to deliver it, often with a personal or memorable twist, is a sure way of cementing customer loyalty and possibly gaining staunch advocates too. Yet how to achieve this exalted position, since it is not as easy as you may think. Creating memorable experiences at every step is the key and the author aims to show you the way.

Customer expectations are being changed by our hyper-connected society and we all are being bombarded by sales messages and
Tony Winyard
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I recently finished listening to this audiobook for the third time as there was so much excellent, actionable content.
The approach taken by the author was very refreshing and the information contained should be mandatory reading for any businesses that have customers (which is essentially everyone!) regardless of what they do.
"The more you try to make money by focusing on money the less money you make. The more you focus on delivering exceptional value and building a mission centred culture, the
Rizi
Jun 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I couldn't get through this book. There were probably some good concepts but he was so repetitive and the content was poorly written. Really not riveting in any way.
Niels Philbert
Nov 06, 2018 rated it liked it
So many books on customer experience - and so many examples/cases of survivorship bias. This is a another "victim".

The book is OK, but I can't say it's more than that. There are some takeaways, but when it comes to customer experience, it's so much about figuring out a culture for the specific organisation and product, and then leading by example. It's hard to transfer learning in one organisation to another without it feeling a bit "taped on".

It's an OK book, but you are better served reading
Eliánne
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it
While serving interesting examples and clear information, I found this book more on the repetitive side than anything else. Webb shares considerable amount of theory but hardly any step-by-step advice or methodology that could drive execution and results. I can see how this might be a great sales magnet for his consulting business (which he mentions quite a lot). Still, for somebody with no knowledge of digital marketing or basic customer service training, I believe this to be a good start. Of ...more
Scott Wozniak
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Vague and unoriginal. For example, he has a formula to understand your customers. Here it is: find out what they love, find out what they hate. Seriously, that's word for word the formula. And he doesn't explain how to find this out. He skips that to examples of different customer personas ("stingy Joe" vs. "speedy Jim"). There are more formulas and they're all that bad.
Alvin
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book offers some great visuals and processes on building loyalty. The advice on hitting every touch point was great. The innovation section was ok but it took away from the book to me but thats my personal likes and dislikes.
Tim
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This Allied book club selection is one of the more practical and actionable books on the customer service experience. Has a textbook like feel and very good for entry level marketing or customer experience managers.
Peter P.
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nothing groundbreaking in here, but some nice tidbits and, overall, a sound read.
Seema Rao
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: userexperience
Somewhat jargony take about customer service. Doesn't feel groundbreaking.
Annica Russo
Jul 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Important message but extremely repetitive. Could have easily been a TED Talk.
AlJohara SH
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
The overall concept is good, but the content is very redundant
Douglas Burdett
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hi I’m Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast and I’d like to tell you about the book “What Customers Crave: How to Create Relevant and Memorable Experiences at Every Touchpoint” by Nicholas Webb

These days, the really smart marketing money is being invested in engineering a great customer experience. There is an enormous unmet demand for good customer experiences.

In a Bain & Company study of 362 companies, 80 percent of those companies thought that they were delivering a “
Carsten Hansen
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-business
Working for a service industry company, that continually is met with challenges in terms of what I customers expect from us, what we deliver and what we develop, I picked up this book with great enthusiasm.
Throughout the book, Nick Webb challenged what I thought I knew to be true, how our conventional lines of thinking have gone in terms of product development,and customer service development.
I found the book to be incredibly enlightening, and have given me a number of ideas in terms of what we
Wyldrabbit
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent source for study. I have longed to be able to pull my customers in when I want to and keep them happy. This book will undeniably help. It is packed with information, scarily right on track, too. I
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. Thank you.
Jesse Corrington
Oct 17, 2018
Brooke Walter
Apr 03, 2017
المهند السبيعي
Useful but not that informative, not that practical as well
Personally I didn't liked that way the author have redifined the touch points ...
in general it is a good to read book for CX professionals but not a must to read one
Stu
Juanita
May 31, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Becoming a Parish of Intentional Disciples
  • The Starbucks Experience: 5 Principles for Turning Ordinary Into Extraordinary
  • Leaders Eat Last
  • Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen
  • The Art of Noticing: 131 Ways to Spark Creativity, Find Inspiration, and Discover Joy in the Everyday
  • The Graphic Design Idea Book: Inspiration from 50 Masters
  • The Best Place to Work: The Art and Science of Creating an Extraordinary Workplace
  • Hug Your Haters: How to Embrace Complaints and Keep Your Customers
  • The Effortless Experience: Conquering the New Battleground for Customer Loyalty
  • Make Time: How to Focus on What Matters Every Day
  • Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind: How to Be Seen and Heard in the Overcrowded Marketplace
  • Ctrl Alt Delete: Reboot Your Business. Reboot Your Life. Your Future Depends on It.
  • Good Habits, Bad Habits: The Science of Making Positive Changes That Stick
  • Digital Disruption: Unleashing the Next Wave of Innovation
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 6
  • Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die
  • This is Marketing: You Can't Be Seen Until You Learn To See
  • Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones
NICHOLAS J. WEBB is a popular speaker, innovation expert, and corporate strategist. A senior partner at Lassen Innovation, he consults with Fortune 500 companies throughout the world on enterprise strategy, innovation, and customer experience.
“Remember, whether you’re selling a product or a service, you are in the customer experience business. Customer experience is not just a function of training your staff; it’s a design function. If you want to design something that’s going to succeed, it needs to deliver value to customers across each and every touchpoint. Innovation is as much a philosophy as it is a business discipline. The philosophy begins with a customer-centered view of the universe. A fractional approach will result in failure, and even worse, you will lose credibility. Don’t deploy on innovation until you really mean to carry it through, and when you do, make sure you do it right. When you launch innovation initiatives, build in dashboards” 0 likes