Start by marking “Bloodthorn (Olive Kennedy, Fairy World M.D., #3)” as Want to Read:
Bloodthorn (Olive Kennedy, Fairy World M.D., #3)

Bloodthorn

(Olive Kennedy, Fairy World M.D. #3)

Olive Kennedy doesn't believe in fairy tales.

In a desperate attempt to earn income, fairy world therapist Olive Kennedy resorts to finding clients at the Texas Renaissance Festival. When she discovers the corpse of her client's husband discarded in her booth, she realizes that earning her next paycheck is the least of her worries. Even worse, Olive learns the murderer may
ebook
Published April 25th 2016 by Clean Teen Publishing, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Bloodthorn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloodthorn

Start your review of Bloodthorn (Olive Kennedy, Fairy World M.D., #3)
Leah Alvord
This cover does not disappoint. I am content.

Summary:

After ten months of nursing a broken heart, Olive Kennedy no longer believes in fairy tales. Which would be just fine, if the fairies didn't arrive on Earth with the tale of a creature no one is certain exists. A creature that feeds off of dark energy, and might be a shapeshifter committing the murders of Olive's unique set of clients.

Working at the Texas Renaissance Festival in the hopes of scraping together enough to live off of, Olive never
Angela Archer
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After finishing Spellweaver with a big old "WHAT HAPPENS NEXT FOR THEM?" question burning in my mind. You can bet that I was anxious to get started on Bloodthorn.

Just as with the first two in the series, Bloodthorn opens with action and does not stop. Well-written, the mystery and suspense pours from page after page, leaving you turning them as fast as you can read them. The plot twists and turns take you by surprise, all in a good way that just makes you want it to go on forever.

While there is
Tonja Drecker
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Although this is the third book in the series, it's as exciting and gripping as the first.

Olive has decided to stay on Earth and put all the pain of Faythander behind her as best as she can. But her magic is getting more and more unpredictable, and she start to hallucinate several of her Wult friends in the crowds around her. When a ritual murder happens in her store and black magic pores from the crime scene, her hopes of living a somewhat normal life are squished again.

This book takes off afte
Maribel Platypire Reviews
With each new installment, I find myself getting more immersed and addicted to this series. I read this book back in April of 2016, but I never got around to reviewing it. So I decided to review it, but I had to reread it to fully give my opinion. I found I still like this book, even though Kull’s rough attitude frustrated me at times. Don’t get me wrong, I still love him, and I still find him humorous, especially in regards to his love for Dr Pepper.

I love that this book expanded on the backgro
Jeanne Johnston
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
To be fair, two stars may be more due to the fact I started this without realizing it was the middle of the series. Nothing in the title page to indicate it was #3 and by the time I realized it, I was committed.

That said, I got a heavy young adult vibe that kind of turned me off (not necessarily the case as I've found many YA books very well done). Still, a lurking murderer no one can identify, elves, fairies, Vikings, and dragons... I was pretty into it by the climax. Now to figure out where #
InD'tale Magazine
The third book in the “Fairy World MD” series, “Bloodthorn” takes Olive and her friends back on another adventure as she learns more about controlling her abilities and faces Kull, who is changed by the events of the previous book.

Read full review in the 2016 December issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing!! The end had me scrambling for the next book in the series, literally at 3am I was buying it on Amazon to continue reading!! If you love anything mythical, medieval, dragons, warriors, magic, you have GOT to check out this series! By far the best I have read in years!!
Marlene
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yet another good book. Love the fact that there are many of the same characters but also like meeting new ones. This one had me from the get go yet again. As some questions get answered, more questions appear.
Joyce
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, ya-fantasy
3.5 Fantasy with eleves, goblins, fairies ... set in modern times. 2 worlds.
Pamela D. Williams
She does it again

Olive Kennedy is a fascinating character. Tamara Grantham brings her to life. I can't wait to read the next book.
Dana Wood
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good continuation. Leaves reader wanting more
Lindsey
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book! I had a hard time putting it down because I needed to know what was going to happen. Some nice twists and I can't wait to read the next book.
Sara
May 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I saw this book was available, I jumped at the chance to read book three and offer up my review on it. I've read the first two in the Olive Kennedy, Fairy Land, MD series, and I've loved both Dreamthief and Spellweaver. Once again Tamara Grantham takes us back to the world of Faythander, this time to help the fairies. Taking place months after the events of Spellweaver, this one finds Olive working at the Texas Renaissance Festival in an attempt to earn more money, and things seem to be qui ...more
Courtney Whittamore- The Moral of our Stories
I have been a fan of Tamara Grantham’s Olive Kennedy: Fairy World MD series since I picked up Dreamthief when it first came up. Her characters are so captivating and the worlds she builds so complex that it is always a joy to read installments of this series. Bloodthorn is no exception to this idea.
A bit different than Dreamthief and Spellweaver, we find the main character and heroin Olive, working at a Renaissance Fair to pay her bills. Not thrilled with her job, Olive is basically doing only
Cheree Castellanos Edits
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The end of Spellweaver crushed me for Olive, and I was so nervous as to where she was going to go from there. Bloodthorn starts 10 months after we leave Olive, and she is working at what I picture in my mind as kind of a Renaissance fair mixed with a carnival flair, and living in a little trailer with her cat, out in the lot with all the other people working there. And once again Faythander needs her help or all is lost. Good thing she is around because she is very handy in saving the world! But ...more
Stephanne Stacey
Feb 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Still laughable, but she's getting better. Purhaps one day she will be a decent author.
Stormi (Bewitched Reader)
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult-fantasy
Originally Posted at: http://bit.ly/2kl0F0p

I voluntarily received an ARC of Bloodthorn by Tamara Grantham in exchange for an honest review.

Tamara Grantham has created the perfect adult fantasy series. The Olive Kennedy series combines romance, adventure, and mystery to create a magical story that I can't get enough of. I grow to love these characters a little more with each new book. Seeing Olive and Kull struggle to cope with the loss each of them have experienced made my heart ache for them.
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Read my full review at http://blackwords-whitepages1977.blog...

This story is by far my favorite one out of this series so far. It's mysterious, magical, and quite the page turner. There were also surprises lurking around every corner too. This book had a lot of suspense, and I loved the power, strength and how courageous Olive became since the beginning of the series and I absolutely loved the new and improved Olive in this story. She showed her fear and yet, learned to not take crap from nobody
Lynne
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to get this book and yet, at the same time, so nervous. The two books previous to this in the series were so gripping and strong that I was almost afraid that this would not match up.
I'm so glad to have been proven wrong!
We rejoin Olive 10 months on from the end of the second book, and within moments feel as though we've been with her all along.
Readers of the series will already know of Olive's links with the fairy world Faythander and her life on Earth and how she struggles t
Sarah Fischer
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I cannot help myself...I have a problem, but it is the best possible problem for a person to have! I read this book in one sitting and I cannot wait for more!!! I received my book in the mail on June 21st @ 4pm. (Yes...in the mail...I absolutely cannot do electronic books. There is something magical to me about being able to turn the pages and place it on my bookshelf like a trophy when I'm finished.) I had some fro-yo and started reading. When I closed the book just before 1am, (my stomach grow ...more
Christine
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bloodthorn, Book 3 of the Olive Kennedy Fairy World MD, by Tamara Grantham is a wonderful conclusion to this outstanding series.

Olive has been home for about 10 months since her last adventures in Faythander, is just as broke as always, and has chosen to rent a booth at the Houston Ren Faire and live on-site in a camper.

Then something strange happens. A large yellow tent appears in the empty field behind her rented camper. Inside she finds Fairy royalty and their Wult guards, including a certain
Melanie's
Apr 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the Fairy MD series and for me this was my favorite of them so far. All of the books have had a mystery element to solve but this went above and beyond and I was absolutely captivated. Beautiful imagery, an amazing story, and the promise of more books to come! Can't ask for better than that.

5 Starts from me! V""V
Darlene
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These books keep me hooked! I hated that I finished so quick, now I have to wait!
I love how the story line is progressing and taking your mind to so many places of what's next. It was a great mixture of scary, romance and intrigue. I love the inner thoughts of Olive and how she works. Can't wait to see how she handles her next quest!
Marci
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is yet another excited read from this author's Fairyworld M.D. series. Filled with emotion, danger, thrill, unexpected twists, and above all...Hope. Can't wait for the next part of this amazing tale!
Sabrina Fish
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an emotional roller coaster!!

Gah, Olive & Kull's relationship had me on an emotional roller coaster. This author really knows how to hit readers in the feels. Add to that an amazing fantasy adventure and how can one not love this amazing story?!
Norma L Nicks
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Their pain made me cry.

Hard to believe a fairy tale story would move me to tears. Their struggle to do the right thing is ongoing like ours.
Nov 05, 2016 added it
Shelves: ind-tale-mag
Read my review in the December 2016 release of InD'Tale's magazine. http://indtale.com/ ...more
Mary
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book may be my favorite book in this series yet.

Bloodthorn is the third book in the Olive Kenedy, Fairy World MD Series and it begins 10 months after the second book ends.

Olive is depressed and working at a Ren Fest broke looking for patients when she becomes the #1 suspect in a murder investigation. As if things can’t get any worse Faires and Wults come to Earth to ask for her help in their quest to find the missing Fairy stone. Once again Olive needs to save the world this time from the B
Jen
Mar 30, 2017 rated it liked it
My full review for this title can be found on my book blog, So Few Books, at: https://sofewbooks.blogspot.com/2017/....

Although I adore this series, I didn’t care too much for this particular volume... It was all rather dreary and depressing and tiring.

That being said, the basic plot of the story was good, with twists and turns, some you see coming and others that you don’t. There is more explanation of the world of Faythander... The writing was lovely, with the dialogue as sharp and witty as a
Kat
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I angry loved this book! Bloodthorn made me so mad. I followed Olives example and went back to thinking of him as Skullsplitter too! The loss Olive felt over having been separated from Kull was immense. Rooting for her to conquer the hurt and move on. Forget you King Skullsplitter! Of course as usual Olive is smacked in the face with another worlds saving adventure. Some of my favorite Wults (not including King Skullsplitter) made an appearance along the trail. Watching Olive juggle her feelings ...more

• Sands of Nezza (Adventurers Wanted, #4)
  • The Axe of Sundering (Adventurers Wanted, #5)
  • Maceracilar Araniyor 3 - Albrek'in Mezari
  • The Horn of Moran (Adventurers Wanted, #2)
  • Slathbog's Gold (Adventurers Wanted, #1)
  • Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1)
  • Trolling for Trouble (MAUCs, #1)
  • Breezy Friends and Bodies (Raina Sun Mystery #3)
  • Resurrection (Immortal Soulless #1)
  • The Road to Farringale (Modern Magick, #1)
  • The Palace of Lost Memories (After the Rift #1)
  • Midnight at the Blackbird Café
  • Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1)
  • Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery #1)
  • Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)
  • Renegade
  • Queen of the Fae (Dragon's Gift: The Dark Fae #3)
  • Sins of the Angels (Grigori Legacy, #1)
Tamara Grantham is the award-winning author of more than half a dozen books and novellas, including the Olive Kennedy: Fairy World MD series, the Twisted Ever After trilogy, and the Shine novellas. Dreamthief, the first book of her Fairy World MD series, won first place for fantasy in INDIEFAB’S Book of the Year Awards, a RONE award for best New Adult Romance, and is a #1 bestseller on Amazon with ...more

Olive Kennedy, Fairy World M.D. (7 books)
  • Dreamthief (Olive Kennedy, Fairy World M.D., #1)
  • Spellweaver (Olive Kennedy, Fairy World M.D., #2)
  • Silverwitch (Olive Kennedy, Fairy World M.D., #4)
  • Goblinwraith (Olive Kennedy, Fairy World M.D., #5)
  • Deathbringer (Olive Kennedy, Fairy World M.D., #6)
  • Grayghost (Olive Kennedy, Fairy World M.D., #7)