Start by marking “Amnesia” as Want to Read:
Amnesia

Amnesia

3.07  ·  Rating details ·  59 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
What would you do if you couldn't remember...
who you were?
where you lived?
or what you might have done?

Rush hour, Grand Central Station. Aaron Clifford stops dead in his tracks, commuters swirling around him -- but he doesn't know he's Aaron Clifford. He doesn't know who he is at all. No matter how hard he tries, he has no memory of why he is there, where he came fro
Published December 17th 2001 by Pocket Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Amnesia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amnesia

Heidi
Aug 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime
I was a bit reluctant to start reading this book, but once I did, I just wanted to keep going and going and going ...
You know something is off the whole time, but you can't quite put your finger on it.
The curiosity to know what exactly is going on along with the fast paced well written structure of the book makes it such a pleasure to read.
Val Penny
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Andrew Neiderman was born in 1940 and is an American novelist, screen writer and ghost writer. He taught English in upstate New York before he started writing books. Neiderman is married to the former model Dian Wilson and they have two children, and three grandchildren.

Amnesia is certainly not the best known of his novels. Still, I enjoyed it, it was not your average ‘amnesia’ story and I stayed up late to finish it as I could not wait to see how it ended.

The story starts during rush hour in Gr
Kathleen Dixon
This has similarities to The Stepford Wives(or at least, I think so, but I haven't read/seen that so I'm only going on vague memory of what has been said about it). It also took me several times to scenes in The Truman Show. I thought I'd check out to see what came out first, but I can't be bothered when it comes down to it.

I quite enjoyed this book, and it has a lot of descriptions of how the protagonist understands his "amnesia", so it's useful for my research.
Lynsey
Apr 14, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: intrigue
Couldn't decide whether to give this 2 or 3 stars. I enjoyed it, it wasn't your average 'amnesia' story and I stayed up late to finish it as I couldn't wait to see how it ended.
But the ending spoilt it for me. It seemed to conclude in 2 short chapters, left questions unanswered & didn't fit the feel of the rest of the book. The ending could have been from a different novel. It's hard to go into too much detail without giving any of the plot away, but it's still worth a look as it's an easy
Peggy Walker
This was another freebie from Sony eReader. I thought it was a good beach book. Sort of a Stepford-Wives type tale where a man suddenly finds himself in Grand Central station not knowing who he is or where he is going. He finds his way "home" to find he is moving the next day to a new home in what may be a little bit TOO much of an ideal community. A good, light read.
Peggy Walker
Theresa Schwartz
I have to say this book droned on for a while and really only got good by the last three chapters. Andrew neiderman uses a great amount of metaphors and similes (sometimes too many). However this book kept me guessing the whole time and the ending was not at all what I was expecting. Therefore I give this three stars.
5ngela
Dec 06, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The promise is great. But, there's something lack with this story. I feel like it's lack character development, tension, conflict, and so on. Yes, there's mystery but if feels superficial. It's like we've given subtle hints about the ending. Or maybe this is just not my kind of story. Anyway, I appreciate the author to make the story about amnesia since I really love amnesia story.
Julie
Jul 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
This was weird but in a good way. Very descriptive, interesting characters, different.
There were three or four too blatant instances of foreshadowing that were unnecessary, the reader was already suspicious.
Alexandra
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From start to finish this book is very spooky. Not in a, something is about to jump out and get you, way. More like they are acting in a strange way. Something doesn't feel alright way. Would you like to live in a world where everything is perfect. But you aren't allowed to question anything?
AJ
I read this a billion years ago and don't even remember it if was any good.
Erin
Mar 02, 2013
Kaz
Jul 27, 2013
Kevin
rated it did not like it
Mar 05, 2008
Barbara
Apr 06, 2014
Jessica
Jan 23, 2013
Andrew Neiderman is the author of over 44 thrillers, including six of which have been translated onto film, including the big hit, 'The Devil's Advocate', a story in which he also wrote a libretto for the music-stage adaptation. One of his novels, Tender Loving Care, has been adapted into a CD-Rom interactive movie.

Andrew Neiderman became the ghostwriter for V.C. Andrews following her death in 19
More about Andrew Neiderman...