Start by marking “Training the Temp” as Want to Read:
Training the Temp

Training the Temp

(Between the Sheets #1)

Published March 21st 2016 by Tule Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Training the Temp, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Training the Temp

Start your review of Training the Temp
Claire Robinson
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 - "There's a first time for everything." Stars!

Occasionally you pick up a book, not really sure what to expect, and be really pleasantly surprised with its contents. Training the Temp was definitely in that category for me in that the synopsis sounded right up my street, but let’s face it the arrogant Billionaire is a trope that has been done to death now.

But Melinda Di Lorenzo delivered an absolutely outstanding romance, between two really likeable characters, it was just a pleasure to read
Coco.V
Mar 02, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (1/2/2018)!💝
Bette Hansen
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this one! This is the first book by this author I've read and I must say I really enjoyed her writing style. This was a great story with great characters, lots of humor, some very touching moments, and an overall entertaining read.

Parker Stephenson is caught on tape making a pretty bold statement and that clip went viral! When Beth Styles is assigned the job of covering his press conference to discuss the tape by her editor, she can't believe her bad luck. She's pegged him as an arrogant j
Lili  Marcus
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I find this very cute and steamy at the same time. I really enjoyed the story and it's a very quick read. I'm behind on my Goodreads Reading Challenge and this one is perfect. :) ...more
Nicola
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Training the Temp is the first book I've read by Melinda Di Lorenzo. And as far as firsts go, it was a pretty good one with an enjoyable story and great characters.

"Parker Stephenson made a claim that he could make any woman fall in love with him. Then train her to be a good wife. It got caught on video."

Wealthy businessman, Parker is charming with just the right amount of arrogance and I loved him from the opening chapter. As I did Beth; outspoken, smart and with a stubborn determination t
Paula Pugh
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this story. The characters were witty and I could feel the pull they had for each other. There is great dialog banter that made every chapter fly by. Plus, the story itself is just plain fun with enough angst for the characters.
It is a must read!
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

There are times in life when we stick our foot in our mouth so badly that there is no graceful way to get out of the situation. There are also times when one person’s preconceived ideas of another are so pounded in concrete that never will it be accepted that we are wrong in our assumptions. This is the situation that Parker and Beth are facing – and it’s gonna be one crazy ride to get them straightened out enough to fall in love, for real.

I enjoyed Training The Temp
Janine
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
The challenge is on. Who will win?

Parker Stephenson is a private CEO who made the mistake of being caught in camera saying he could make any woman fall in love with him and then train her to be a good wife. He ruffled a lot of feathers with that statement.

Beth Styles needs an interview with Parker in order to secure a permanent position with Between The Sheets, the magazine that she works for. She will do anything to get it.

When Beth confronts Parker about his statement and wanting an interview,
BookSnuggle
Recommends it for: Yes
Shelves: romance
"Training the Temp" by Melinda Di Lorenzo is the story of Beth Styles and Parker Stephenson.

Parker, one of Seattle's most eligible bachelors, is a real estate mogul who hates the press and likes to be in control. Beth is working as a part-time journalist and has been assigned to report on Parker.

Well, a simple assignment to do a small blurb on Parker Stephenson turns into more than Beth and Parker anticipated. This is a ride you don't want to miss!

This is the first book that I have read by this
Michelle
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beth is a newly employed reporter who is assigned to get a story on Seattle's most eligible but unapproachable bachelor. Things go badly and Beth ends up in an impossible public bet. Parker thinks can make any woman fall in love with him in 28 days, he challenges Beth to be that women. At stake is an exclusive interview with him if he loses the bet.
There is more than meets the eye to both Parker and Beth. The writer really makes you want to root for them both and see them have a happy ending aft
Shelagh
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Training the Temp is fast-paced and fun. I really enjoyed the banter between Parker and Beth as they embarked on a 28-day bet, the culmination of which was to be an exclusive interview if she won and marriage to Parker if she lost.
The zing between Parker and Beth is apparent throughout the book though it's equally clear that they're hiding secrets and of course it's those secrets that keep throwing the spanner in the works as their relationship develops. Add a particularly unpleasant and persist
Bonnie Gonzales
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Beth is a jouralist trying to get an interview with Parker Stephenson, wealthy real estate guy who is also drop dead good looking and does not give interviews.
Interesting read with interesting characters and to spice up the plot an interesting challenge and a hot little love story that hits a snag.
I was given an ARC of the book in exchange for my honest review.
Jean
Arrogant rich man and stubborn journalist. Quite the combination. This was an interesting book. I really liked the chemistry between Beth and Parker. They both have pasts that they wanted to keep in the past. Honesty always wins out though. This story really grabbed me and held my attention. I wanted to see who would win the bet at the end.
Donnajo
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Read/review for a honest opinion for Tule

First time I'm I'm reading this author.
A enjoyable storyline, likable characters
Looking forward to reading more by Melina Di Lorenzo.
Would recommend to anyone who enjoys romance.
Runner10
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved everything about this book. Parker and Beth have loads of chemistry that is impossible to resist. Melinda DiLorenzo writes a great story which at times made me laugh out loud. This is my first book to read of hers. I will definitely read anything she writes!
Jo Smith
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sexy Romcom in book format

This book is simply great. It alters between light and some shade. Parker and Beth both have strong characters, they are quick witted, stubborn and determined to get their own way when a bet is inadvertently made at a press conference Parker was holding and Beth was reporting on. With 28 Days to fall in love or Parker gives the interview of his life the story takes the reader on a relationship speed date. It has heartbreak, teasing, passion & a HEA. The author manages t
Elsa Flores
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
There were a few misspelling. There were scenes not' synced'. Like one sec here and then there but...how? (if that makes sense). I didn't buy the plot because this seems like the chick lit category but... I wanted to give it a try because Chick-lit are always funy. Sadly this wasn't. Couldn't relate to the characters. The writing was so descriptive, over the top I'd say. ...more
Rick Holt
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sexy funny story

An amazing cast of characters blended into a heart warming story of arrogance and humility and
Love and respect. a well written romantic comedy at its finest. Rick Holt eqkid@aol.com
Booknerdz
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book.It is so well written and has a wonderful flow to the story. Pretty sure I read it all in one sitting. The story is witty, passionate, and sweet. The banter between the characters is fun and genuine and I am looking forward to reading book 2 in the series!!
correne rawson
Well I think it would have been a good book . It skipped pages though the first chapter so I stop reading it Butterworth about that I like to be able to read the whole thing.

If the author w/o send me it or if you could fixed the problem . I love to read it
Petie McCarty
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My first book with this author and extremely well-written. Such a nice change from all the other billionaire romances. I loved this one and highly recommend. Pacing, witty repartee, plotting and writing are all five stars!
Janet
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a fun read

I just finished this and it was a fun read. An escape from my day to day life into a romantic mystery. Will they get together? What is he hiding? You'll find out at the end!
Cheryl Williams
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by this author and LOVED it. Can't wait to read more of her work :) ...more
Diana
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I adore this book, the story hit all my favorite high points. It had anger, angst, humor and some sexy stuff, the HEA was well done. I am looking forward to more by this author
Kassandra Bozeman
Funny

There were some parts that I wanted to skip but halfway through I loved it. The very end is hilarious! Cannot wait to read some other titles by this author.
Victoria
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great book to read
ReadingInThe6ix
Aug 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Tigger
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was an ok read

I would give it 2.75 stars

Read the about four chapters and then read the last two

This was my first time reading anything by this author, I will read other books by her
Emma
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Training the Temp by Melinda Di Lorenzo
Part-time journalist Beth Styles has been assigned the terrible task of reporting on one of Seattle’s most eligible bachelors. All she has to do is get in, get the story, and get out. Everything is going fine, until she opens her big mouth and challenges the man of the hour to a bet. Thank goodness the only thing on the line is her career. And her integrity. Oh, and her hand in marriage…

Real estate mogul Parker Stephenson likes to be in control, and he hate
Phylis Carpenter
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book. It made you laugh and them made you cry. The way the book was written it made you feel like you were part of the story. The characters seemed so real and you felt what they felt.

Beth Styles was trying to prove herself as a writer but she had no formal training. She had to go do an interview about a rich man who made a stupid statement about being able to train a woman to fall in love with him. Beth is talking about him to a man in the crowd who as it turns out is Parker S

• Kiss Me Like This (The Morrisons, #1)
  • The Northern Lights Lodge (Romantic Escapes, #4)
  • The Secret Cove in Croatia  (Romantic Escapes, Book 5)
  • The Little Teashop in Tokyo (Romantic Escapes, #6)
  • A Girl's Best Friend (The Celebrity Corgi Romances, #1)
  • 40-Love (There's Something About Marysburg, #2)
  • Mad Love
  • Falling for the Hometown Girl (Marshall Ranch, #2)
  • Falling for Charming
  • All That Glitters
  • The Summer Sisters: Series Starter Box Set - #1-3
  • A Hero to Keep (Hawkins Brothers, #1)
  • The Baronet's Wedding Engagement (Royal Wedding Invitations, #2)
  • The Cul-de-Sac War
  • Before That Night (Unfinished Love, #1)
  • Fixed on You (Fixed, #1)
  • If the Shoe Fits
  • Shopping for a Billionaire (Shopping for a Billionaire, #1)

Between the Sheets (3 books)
  • Lie to Me (Between the Sheets Book 2)
  • Unsolicited Advice (Between the Sheets, #3)