Start by marking “Burn (Duplicity Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Burn (Duplicity Duet, #2)

Burn

(Duplicity Duet #2)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  534 Ratings  ·  168 Reviews
Love is just a word until someone enters your life and gives it meaning.

"No"
One word.
Two letters.
But those two letters changed everything.
It was impossible to predict the impact I would have on the life of the only woman I'd ever truly loved. No way to know that I would result in her ruin.
I’d suffer for eternity with the knowledge that it was me who brought devastation to
Published July 26th 2016 by Elisabeth Grace

To ask other readers questions about Burn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burn

Candace
After the shocking finale of 'Hook', there was no way that I was going to wait a single minute before diving into 'Burn'. I was shattered and I had to see what was in store for a heartbroken Emily. Like the first book, this one was a page-turner. I was consumed with this story.

Without giving too much away, I'll say that Emily spends much of this book completely devastated. Marco betrayed her in the worst way, wrecking her world. Now, she lives only for revenge.

The events that transpired have lef
Coco.V
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
The lies and half-truths splintered my fragile heart into jagged pieces of glass that ripped me apart from the inside out. The eyes of the man I thought loved me bore down from above, and the realization hit that he was the one responsible.
He did this.
My heart was a kiln that hardened my despair and transformed it into a rage so monstrous it couldn’t be contained. I’ve been forged in fire and born anew.
He would pay.
They all would.
I’d burn this whole cesspool of a city to the ground until I’d ex
Mandy
Jul 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, dark, revenge, suspense
It's so hard to leave a review of this amazing book without giving away too much. The best I can do is to say that this story went in a direction I was totally not expecting. Twists and turns, suspense, angst... it was an incredible ride. I will be thinking about these characters and their story for a long time to come.
Kate's Corner

SPOILER FREE – well I will try. But I could quote the shite out of this book it was that bloody brilliant. I highlighted so much. Thinking oh that is good and oh I can use that alas I can’t or maybe I will. Read on to find out.

I was so pissed at the end of book one that the only questions that came to mind were.

Was it worth saying no, Marco? Was it? What was worth so much for that outcome? Why would you do that?

I’d burn this whole cesspool of a city to the ground until I’d exacted revenge on all
JP
Jul 26, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Completely ruined, terrible sequel

Where do I start? There will be spoilers but I will give you the truth. This author has ruined, shamed and defiled a character that I was willing to accept in the first book. Emily may have been a hooker but she took care of herself and had morals. Now she is every definition of sl#t. Shamefully this author has made her grief an exercise in having s#x with just about everyone including a particularly degrading party for the very man she believes killed her son!
Michelle
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
Can we all just agree that the ending of Hook made the wait for this book seem impossible at times? So here’s the deal – I can’t really say much about the story because of how book one ends – there is just way too much happening in book two that needs to be experienced, so let me just tackle the feels.

I loved this book. I was certain I had parts of this story worked out in my head – I was sure of it. And although I wasn’t completely wrong – it did not go as I planned. But boy did that give this
Deborah
Jul 02, 2016 rated it really liked it

I loved 'Hook' it's one of those books that just worked for me and it's hard to review this book without giving anything away since everything I think of putting could spoil it so I'll just say it's an emotional read as the characters struggle to cope with the cliffhanger ending from the previous book.
After 'Hook' I did as I always do and I tried to predict what would happen and how this book would go, I'm sorry to say I got it right which doesn't happen often and disappointed me no end, even th
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Burn (Duplicity Duet #2) by Elisabeth Grace
4.5 stars!!

“…sometimes dreams don’t come in the form you thought they would. It doesn’t make them any less amazing. The universe just knew what you needed better than you did.”

Elisabeth Grace is evil, oh yes, this quiet unassuming author has a mean streak and it is long and wide. Elisabeth Grace certainly put my emotions through the proverbial wringer with Burn, so much so that I cannot really say anything about the story at all, everything is a sp
Doris
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Now that I have completed the Duplicity Duet I will admit that I liked the story line. It has quite a sorted cast of characters and our heroine is one strong willed woman. I will suggest that if you read the series make sure you have the second book waiting when you finish the first one, it leaves you with one hell of a cliffhanger.
Sophie  **2 Greek Girls Reading**
Review to come.

ARC was kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!
Meret Punk
Dec 24, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2016-reads, 1-star
1.5 stars (:
At first I didnt know Hook had a part 2, and to be honest I wasnt excited when I learnt about this book :( ..
This was even worse than book 1..
Liz
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If Hook brought two people together in love, Burn tore them apart in flames.

Elisabeth Grace killed us, just killed us at the end of Hook. Okay, at least she did me. That ending tore me apart. TORE ME TO PIECES. And Burn picks up right where it left off. Emily is devastated. She loved and trusted Marco. Believed in him and with one word he completely shattered her world.

One single uttered word took everything Marco loved and treasured away. His life is torn upside down. Those he promised to pro
Heather C
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: june-2016, july-2016, arc
~ 4.5 Stars~

This is going to be a hard review to write. Not because I didn't like it. Quite the opposite. I loved it. Burn picks up right after the mother of all f*ing cliffhangers in Hook. Thankfully the wait wasn't too long but it was still long for those of us that devoured Hook and wanted to know what happens immediately. So here we are, ready to dig the trenches to get the rest of the story. And what a dig it was.

I can't even give a recap without spoiling anything because it all directly t
Mile High KINK Book Club
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Source: Advanced Copy kindly gifted by author in exchange for an honest review

BURN is no Cinderella or Pretty Woman!
knew this story was going to be good. What I didn’t know was this: I was going to be hooked into an awesome story with a different twist than expected. Everything you think is going to happen, won’t happen!

A Prostitute and a billionaire falling in love with each other. Sounds familiar right? You are not going to read a sweet and innocent romance. You are going to find two people
Melissa Mendoza
Blurb:

"No"
One word.
Two letters.
But those two letters changed everything.
I’d suffer for eternity with the knowledge that it was m
The Smutbrarians
Tissue 0
Overall Rating 5
Kindle eARC
Reviewed by Lindsey

Finallllyyyyy!!!! Oh how I've been waiting on pins and needles for this book. It is book two so you really need to stop reading here if you haven't read book one. And go read book one now. You have to! They are both must reads for the year.

Emily is a bad ass chick. Revenge is better served sweet and boy does she serve it. I knew this was going to be action packed and super intense and I was right. Ga
Susan (susayq ~)
WARNING: Do not attempt to read this book without reading Hook first. This will make NO sense at all!!!

And with that warning being stated, this picks up immediately where Hook ends. There were TONS of twists and turns and my heart broke for both Emily and Marco. Emily had valid reasons for doing what she did, but it didn't make me like her. In fact, it kind of made me NOT like her. But in the end, it all worked out good.

*thanks to TRSOR and the author for giving me a copy of this book in exchang
Liz Lawson
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic read. This second book certainly had me holding my breath. Surprises, suspense, sadness, emotional, throughout. Loved the duet. Another favourite author for me.
Mary Ruth (TheReadingRuth)
*An e-ARC was graciously given by the author in exchange for an honest review*

After reading Hook, I experienced one of the greatest cliffy hangover I’ve ever had. I felt like I was going to be free-falling, unsure of what to feel, until I’ve read Burn . And when I did, man, was I blown away! Elisabeth Grace shredded this story with an all-out angsty , suspenseful fill that had me on the tip of my toes!

“Amore mio, some rocks turn to dust under pressure. You have transformed into a diam
Debbie
Apr 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Burn picks up where Hook ended and Emily (Brandi) loses it as any mother would. She pushes Marco away and won't allow him to explain anything. She then sets on a course of revenge determined to make the ones responsible pay.

***************

MY REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERISH OPINIONS FOR EVENTS THAT HAPPENED.

STOP READING NOW IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE THEM.

***************

I was looking forward to reading Burn and hoped for a wonderful conclusion to Marco's and Emily's story. Sadly, the person that Emil
Big Joe Rossi
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Careful, cara. The revenge you seek may very well be your destruction"

Burn is the epic conclusion to the Duplicity Duet series by Elisabeth Grace. We pick up right where we left off in book #1, Hook. We are seconds after the phone call. After the gun shot. After the death, no, the murder of Daniel, the awesome young son of our heroine, Emily Ross aka Brandi.

Emily, understandably, is distraught, her whole world has just imploded. Her son is dead. He, the only reason she hooked. Her reason for e
Red Cheeks Reads
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
'The man I loved had betrayed me.'

I love Elisabeth Grace's books but Hook left us all with the cliffy to end all cliffy's and I was personally worried how everything could be fixed and resolved. The worst thing that could happen happened and moving on from that seemed impossible. Yet, from the beginning of Burn I was pulled in and even when the book got to the darkest of places I was still optimistic that Emily and Marco would find a way to come together.

"Careful, cara. The revenge you seek m
Kaitlyn
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This quote right here describes this series beautifully! "I realized dreams don't come in the form you thought they would. It doesn't make them any less amazing. The universe just knew what you needed better than you did." That being said this books picks right up where Hook ends and I couldn't wait to get my hands on it! I needed to know what happened and needed to know NOW! And like usual with Elisabeth I was not disappointed in the least! I won't really go into the storyline too much because ...more
***Cheryl***
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s
This was a great final part in this two part series.

It's going to hard to say anything about the plot without giving it away but all I will say was it was great. After how book 1 ended I really didn't know where this one would go. There are lots of twists and turns and a few heart stopping moments. For me however I felt a few parts were resolved a little quickly and I expected a little more drama from the involvement of certain characters.

The story was full of emotion there was heart-break, sa
Anne Milne
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This has to be a vague review because I don't want to give anything away and spoil the book. I will say you have to read book 1 because we pick up right from that heart stopping ending. The action and suspense never let up there is so much pain, heartache and anger you can feel the anger vibrating through every word and deed. I never expected the direction things would go in but that's what made it so good, Elisabeth really keeps the readers guessing just remember to expect the unexpected.

***Re
Saunders
this was a good story - different from the norm.
Ruth
This picks up where the first book left off...which was a pretty big cliffhanger. Emily's son has been kidnapped and at the very end, there is a gun shot.

Lots of emotion and angst and pretty fast paced. Emily is devastated over the loss of her son and sets a plan in motion to get revenge on all of those involved. The plan is smart in theory, but I found myself in disbelief over some of the things that she had to go through.. not disbelief, as in, i don't believe it, but disbelief in the way tha
Christina Salem
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOVE LOVE LOVE...I want more of Marco and Emily. Not sure how but it would be sweet to have more dreams of SWEET, SEXY, and DELIGHTFUL MARCO....xoxo
* A review copy was provided by the author for the Blog Tour *

~ 5 Tesoro Stars ~

FULL Review to come for Blog Tour..... AMAZING!!! Everything I was expecting and more. Definitely worth the wait.

FULL REVIEW Now Posted::
AMAZING!!!! That is all I can say about Burn (Book 2 in the Duplicity Duet) by Elisabeth Grace.

I have been dying to read this book since that BRUTAL Cliffhanger in Book 1 Hook. This book couldn’t be released fast enough. But I will say it was well worth the wait.

This review is
Nina
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Review to come.
  • Unforbidden (Forbidden Trilogy, #3)
  • Grit (Dirty, #6)
  • Sugar Rush (Sugar Bowl, #2)
  • Behind Closed Doors (Walls, #3)
  • Downed (Gridiron, #3)
  • The Anatomy of Us (WJM, #2)
  • Out of Bounds (The Summer Games, #2)
  • The Gun Runner (Mafia Made, #1)
  • When Fates Align (Fates, #3)
  • Hearts on Air (Hearts, #6)
  • Bound by Vengeance (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #5)
  • Second Verse (Second Verse, #2)
  • Glass Ceilings (True Heroes, #2)
  • Breaking the Limits
  • First and Last
  • Lie with Me (Decadence After Dark, #4)
  • The Darkest Link (Second Circle Tattoos, #4)
  • Hit the Spot (Dirty Deeds, #2)
USA Today Bestselling author, Elisabeth Grace, has a soft spot for romance novels with happily ever afters and a hot spot for alpha males! She currently lives outside Toronto, Canada with her hubby and two small children. Life is busy, but never too busy for a good story and to share her love of reading and writing with others.

For more of the lowdown feel free to visit her author website at http:/

Duplicity Duet (2 books)
  • Hook (Duplicity Duet, #1)
“Love doesn’t fade just because time passes.” 0 likes