Start by marking “The Heiress and the Hothead (Sinful Suitors, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
The Heiress and the Hothead (Sinful Suitors, #1.5)

The Heiress and the Hothead

(Sinful Suitors #1.5)

Return to the beloved Sinful Suitors series from New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Sabrina Jeffries in this delightfully sexy winter-themed novella!

Stunned by the heat of an unexpected kiss on a cold winter’s eve, two strangers from vastly different worlds turn hotheaded principles into burning passion in Sabrina Jeffries’s charming yuletide story, The
Published November 28th 2016 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about The Heiress and the Hothead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heiress and the Hothead

Start your review of The Heiress and the Hothead (Sinful Suitors, #1.5)
Julie
The Heiress and the Hothead by Sabrina Jeffries is a 2016 Pocket Star publication.

“Sweet Emblem of returning peace
The heart’s full gush, and love’s release;
Spirts in human fondness flow
And greet the pearly Mistletoe.”

-Anonymous

This holiday novella is centered around the treatment of mill workers and the horrible practice of hiring underage staff and subjecting them to long hours, little pay, and dangerous work conditions.

Amanda is from America, an heiress, running a successful mill, but has
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

This was a nice short story. I sometimes enjoy a complete story that can be read and a single sitting and this one had a lot of great things going for it. This story is listed as being part of a series but it reads perfectly well as a stand alone. I was pulled into the story almost immediately and found myself really enjoying myself as I read.

Sissy's Romance Book Review
'The Heiress and the Hothead' by Sabrina Jeffries is book 1.5 in the "Sinful Suitors" series. This is the story of Stephen and Amanda. Please take into consideration that this book was included in the "What Happens Under the Mistletoe" book collection that was published last year. In addition it is a Novella with about 90 pages. This is also easily a standalone book. With all that being said I truly loved this book and Ms. Jeffries books. Ms. Jeffries is one of my favorite authors. So I was glad ...more
Vellum Voyages
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was ok

2 helms

Please follow me on my blog :) Review originally posted on Vellum Voyages

Dear Romance Novel Authors,

Please do not place a sex scene in a novel just for the sake of a sex scene, I really would prefer a passionate kiss rather than an ill-placed sex scene inside a burning mill.

Thank-You!
VV

P.S - I don't read romance novels for sex. I read them so that I can get lost in someone else's life and escape mine. I read them so that I can relive the joyous occasions from my own life through the
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
This is the second time I read this fun holiday novella. The first time was in the anthology, What Happens Under the Mistletoe; a delightful read, loaded with holiday romance.

Sabrina Jeffries brings us a quick Christmas romance in this offshoot story from the Sinful Suitors series and a sweet one it is. Fiery passion and some naughty hookups between two strangers leads to a delightful story that, while short in words, is long in entertainment.

This author never disappoints and neither does this
Beebs
Sinful Suitors 1.5

I requested this an arc from NetGalley not realising I had already read it as part of the What Happens Under the Mistletoe anthology. It's a sweet little short set at a Christmas House party hosted by characters from a previous book.

*Received from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
Ami
Jul 22, 2019 rated it liked it

I am going to dismiss TWO things that rather bothered me... the first kissing scene between Stephen and Amanda are TOTALLY different with the scene written as part of the epilogue in The Art of Sinning. I have only finished reading that first book, so the scene was still fresh in my head, and that was why the inconsistency bothered me so. And second, I am dismissing the short-time span of them falling in love.

If I close my eyes of those two things -- this is one good example of TWO
Zoe
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
it's a very short book, where things happened very quickly for the lead characters. characters in this series make frequent appearances and it got a little tedious reading about the same people shuffling in and out creating artificial scenarios.

Stephen, the hothead, was some kind of an activist advocating social reforms. he wanted to expose the rich, how they had exploited the working class. Amanda, the heiress, was his next target. they met under a mistletoe, so a kiss by mistake led them both
Ceki
I have no idea why I decided to read a Christmas novella on a scorching June day, but hey... that's just me being normal.

I never tend to take novellas seriously because let's admit it, only really capable writers can pull off a book of this length without making it too lacking.

Sooo I guess it was really normal to kiss under a mistletoe in a 19th century ballroom full of strangers? I did a research on it and I guess it's true but it still kinda bugs me in a weird way. Oh well.

Anyway, what
Carrie
Nov 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Amanda owns a cotton mill in America and has traveled overseas visiting the mills there. When a night out brings Stephen into Amanda's life by way of mistletoe the two don't immediately see eye to eye. Stephen has his own views of the factories and has dedicated his life to seeing changes made to the unfair work practices and doesn't believe that Amanda is a completely different type of owner in the way she runs her factory across the sea and cares about her workers.

The Heiress and the Hothead
Ruth
This one, provided to me by the publisher in return for a review, was a pleasant enough little read. The characters were somewhat different in that the heroine was a businesswoman and the hero was a crusading reformist aristocrat, but I was left more than a little relieved that this was a novella and not a full-length romance, since I was left feeling that neither the main protagonists would have withstood the scrutiny of a full book.

The plot is a good one. I really liked that the author chose
Under the Covers Book Blog
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Yet another series I haven't read and the only reason I picked it up is because I'm always on the lookout for a holiday themed historical romance at this time of year. THE HEIRESS AND THE HOTHEAD was released last year as part of an anthology that I hadn't seen and I had to jump on it when I saw it was being released as a single novella.

I was pleased to see this worked okay as a standalone novella. I don't think I had the opportunity to read this author before and I was quite happy this
Sheila Melo
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
FINAL DECISION: Enjoyable novella that gives a taste of what the Sinful Suitors is all about.

THE STORY: Lord Stephen Cory, the younger brother of a marquess writes radical articles about the plight of mill workers and child laborers. He wants to meet Miss Amanda Keane, an American who owns mills, in order to prove that mill owners everywhere are atrocious. When he meets Amanda, he finds that she is more than he expected.

OPINION: I liked this story. Both Stephen and Amanda are headstrong people
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2eSdq1u

The Quick Of It: A Christmas gathering. A heated kiss. A hero set on expose the atrocities of mill owners. An American heroine who owns a mill. Realizing you just kissed the enemy? #Priceless

The Yay: Jeffries is always entertaining. I adore her romances and characters. Stephen and Amanda were quite the thing. Poor bloke. He just never had a chance against the pistol that was Amanda. She was a fierce chickie and not about
Margaret Sholders
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I liked this short Christmas story. It is a bit dark. Sabrina has done a good job with her characters. They give us a serious story line. Amanda has come from America to visit her family. She owns cotton mills across the pond and wants to walk to see how the mills run in England. Lord Stephen is trying to fix the bad mills. He wants to talk with Amanda. He blames her and she gets pissed off. Spoiler. He shows her workers and really sets her off. This reminds me of a ghost show and how the mills ...more
Bambi Unbridled
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
This story is part of the Sinful Suitors series, and was first published in the anthology What Happens Under the Mistletoe. Our heroine in the story is Amanda Keane, the sister of Jeremy Keane, who was the hero from book one. Amanda is an American heiress, owner of cotton mills in her own right. Our hero, Stephen, is a journalist and writes about the horrid circumstances in English mills, hoping to shock society into reform. Our H/h pairing was combative for much of the story, but it was an ...more
Dallass
This had potential

... but I think the author wasted it.

I really wanted to like this. I enjoyed the synopsis, and while the main characters, Amanda and Stephen, are front and centre, we really don’t get enough time with any of the other characters to make them more realized and three dimensional. The plot was good. A grand idea to set a story around the reformation of the notoriously dangerous textile mill industry, yet the story is over so quickly that it just glosses over the world building so
Pauline Destinugrainy
Novella ini kisahnya Amanda Keane dan Stephen Corry. Amanda adalah pemilik pabrik kapas di Amerika. Dia datang ke Inggris dalam rangka membujuk kakaknya untuk kembali ke Amerika, sekaligus belajar tentang pabrik kapas di Inggris. Stephen adalah adik bungsu Warren yang merupakan seorang jurnalis. Dia banyak menyoroti perilaku pemilik pabrik yang sering tidak adil bagi karyawannya terutama mempekerjakan anak di bawah umur. Ya kali anak 4 tahun udah disuruh kerja di pabrik...

Well ketertarikan
Sep 02, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
Wyldrabbit
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some books you read, and really wish there was more. More story, more pages! More substance. In 90 pages or actually on my Kindle, 80 I believe , you can only do so much. Easily this could have been a full length story. I dearly wish It would have been. I was just getting to know Stephen and Amanda. I was just barely starting to actually like Lord Stephen. He was difficult. Stubborn,hardheaded, a newspaper man. Thinking he was doing everyone a favor by spouting his opinion all over the floor ...more
Tracy Emro
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
* I received an eARC of this book from NetGalley and the publisher and am voluntarily leaving a review*

I originally read this novella in the anthology "What Happens Under the Mistletoe"

While this book is technically part of the series (Sinful Suitors), it can easily be read as a stand alone title.

Amanda is Jeremy's sister and owns the family mills in America. Stephen is Warren's younger brother and is passionate about factory reform.

Stephen has finagled an invitation to Yvette's house party so
Romance Readers Retreat
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
One of my favorite things about the holidays is getting to read holiday themed romances! An entertaining quick holiday read is Sabrina Jefferies' new novella, The Heiress and the Hothead. This is a novella in her Sinful Suitors series but can definitely be read as a standalone. I'll also note that this was previously published in the holiday historical romance anthology, What Happens Under the Mistletoe.
This was fun story about two people who have very firm opinions about each other and, is the
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Yet another series I haven’t read and the only reason I picked it up is because I’m always on the lookout for a holiday themed historical romance at this time of year. THE HEIRESS AND THE HOTHEAD was released last year as part of an anthology that I hadn’t seen and I had to jump on it when I saw it was being released as a single novella.

I was pleased to see this worked okay as a standalone novella. I don’t think I had the opportunity to read this author before and I was quite happy this
Sandy S
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it

Re-release date: November 28, 2016

Stunned by the heat of an unexpected kiss on a cold winter’s eve, two strangers from vastly different worlds turn hotheaded principles into burning passion in Sabrina Jeffries’s delightful yuletide story, The Heiress and the Hothead.

REVIEW:

Originally released in the October 2015 multi-authored anthology-What Happens Under the Mistletoe- THE HEIRESS AND THE HOTHEAD is a novella from Sabrina Jeffries SINFUL SUITORS historical romance series ( a spin
Cynthia
Feb 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I had not realized that when I requested this book from Netgalley that I had actually read it already. It’s actually part of the anthology What Happens Under the Mistletoe! Here’s my thoughts on this Sinful Suitor holiday novella!

For me, Jeffries’ The Heiress and the Hothead was my favourite. It might have been because I knew the characters (Amanda and Stephen) from her Sinful Suitors series, or it might be because I love bantering couples. It’s got the bit of pride and prejudice and it was cute
GONZA
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
This is a novella involving some of the characters we already met in the Sinful Suitors series. Stephen and Amanda were good enough at last since the author decided to place a sex scene where I wouldn't ever had thought, for a good reason in my opinion. That spoilt the whole story for me.

Questa é una storia breve, con alcuni dei protagonisti che abbiamo giá incontrato nella serie dei Sinful Suitors. Stephen ed Amanda non erano male, fino a quando l'autrice non ha deciso di piazzare una scena di
Lisa
E-ARC received thanks to the publisher and Netgalley.

I just realized that I never did review this after I read this last year. Like the first time, my whole attention during my reread is transfixed on Amanda Keane, a true queen, she can step on me whenever she wants. I admire her passion to better and improve her mills, her wit, and whenever she one-ups Stephen in their banter I'm on the sidelines cheering wildly.

All in all, I would have liked a longer story on both of them, but
Kat
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a short, sweet, Christmas-themed story set in the world of the Sinful Suitors series. Nothing new or terribly exciting, but it was an enjoyable story for the Christmas season. I do adore this author's series.
Blodeuedd Finland
Nov 16, 2016 rated it liked it
I requested this one from NG and did not realise I had read it in an anthology, So here is that review

The heiress and the hothead by Sabrina Jeffries
Lord Stephen writes angry news articles about mills. Amanda owns mills. The whole mill thing was not exactly romantic (only North and South can do that.) But they will dance around each other and fall in love.
But that smexy scene, seriously. No, not then and there. Ugh.
eyes.2c
Romance amongst 'dark satanic mill[s].'

Having inveigled an invitation to a Christmas house party, the radical Lord Stephen Corry, meets his match in Miss Amanda Keane. Stephen is a prolific writer who champions the cause for better mill working conditions and practices. He wanted to interview the American owner Montague Mills for an upcoming article.
Mill owner Amanda, and heiress, has modern and compassionate ideas about cotton milling, workers conditions and the treatment of children
Donna
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a very good novella and was first published in the anthology What Happens Under the Mistletoe. Amanda Keane is an American mill owner visiting her artist brother, Jeremy Keane, and his wife in England. Lord Stephen Cory writes newspaper articles on bad mills and their owners. He champions reform as too many workers, especially children, are injured on their jobs. When he is at the same house party with Amanda, he realizes she is a different type of owner and falls in love with her. I can ...more
Natalie

ok this was ok up until THEY DECIDED TO HAVE SEX IN A MILL THAT WAS BURNING DOWN. Now I have heard of romance authors writing sex scenes when the characters are in life and death situations BUT I HAVE NEVER ACTUALLY READ OF IT until now and it was too hard to suspend my disbelief.
Ermione Pickwick
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Once again Sabrina Jeffries demonstrates her enormous talent. No news here! This is an adorable, extremely sweet and so touching "intermission" in the Sinful Suitors series (intermission that is very needed since we will have to wait till next March to read the second novel).

I had thought of Amanda Kean, Jeremy's sister, as full of potential in The Art of Sinning, she is the one, after Edwin Barlow, who caught my attention as a possible future heroine, I wanted to know more about her, she
[̲̅ρ̲̅υ̲̅и̲̅y̲̅α̲̅]
I read this novella as a part of the anthology What Happens Under the Mistletoe.

My review can be found here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Spoiler Alert applies!! Not recommended before reading book 1 of the Sinful Suitors series.
Eskimo Princess Jenkins
This was just ok
This was actually a second time read for me, as I read this in an anthology before.
The story is short and quick. It moves pretty fast.
I think it all moved way to fast for my liking, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
Molly
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved every second of his story - it has Sabrina Jeffries' trademark witty and fun style, with some memorable and original characters, all wrapped up in a steamy romance! Recommend!
Sharon Tyler
Dec 15, 2016 rated it liked it
The Heiress and the Hothead by Sabrina Jeffries is a novella in the Sinful Suiters series. I did the read the first book in the series, The Art of Sinning, which takes place right before this installment. However, it is not necessary to read the series in order.

This story focuses on Amanda, who owns a cotton mill in America, and Stephen, who is working hard on factory reform. Stephen assumes that Amanda's factory has to similar to the ones he has witnessed. Amanda is a different kind of factory
Amy ~ Love At 1st Read
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lord Stephen Curry is a guest at the Christmas house party of his good friend Yvette Keane and her husband. Aiding his cousin in her attempt to attract the attention of a suitor, he goes to kiss her under the mistletoe. Only to both party’s surprise, the woman he kisses is not his cousin. She is Amanda Keane, the sister of his host and the very woman he came to the party to meet. Amanda owns a cotton mill in America and is in England to observe the mills there in hopes of making her own mill ...more
Nixie Gray
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mistletoe, holly berries, mills, and more than one kind of spark…

I enjoyed this short Christmas story. Sabrina Jeffries is one of my favorite authors and once again she’s woven a story you can’t help but dive right in to. This story was previously published as What Happens Under the Mistletoe in a holiday collection and is technically part of the Sinful Suiters collection although can certainly be read as a standalone.

Amanda is an American mill owner and heiress whose brother has recently
Gwyn Plummer
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lord Stephen Corry regrets not being able to save a childhood friend from the dangers of working at a mill. As an adult, he’s made it his life’s mission to expose those mill owners who break the law and not take the necessary precautions to protect the workers. Unfortunately, he thinks most, if not all, millowners fall into this category; which is not a good thing for American mill owner Amanda Keane.

While visiting her brother and his wife in England, she plans to learn how mills in England are
ies
Dec 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016, romance
Terlalu singkat si, kurang panjang sebenernya.. dan karena keluarnya hampir bareng sama no 3, dgn setting sebelum buku no 2 jadi rada bingung kl baca ini doang ahahaha, bingungnya karena musti inget2, ada yg nanya "Clarissa yg mana?" buahahahahaha

Ini ceritanya Amanda Keane ( adeknya Jeremy hero buku 1) sama Mas Stephen Corry (adek bontotnya Warren hero buku 3).

Amanda kan emang dr buku Jeremy keluar (series2 sebelumnya) die yg kekeh ngejalanin mill keluarganya di Amerika, karena Jeremy lebih
Didi
This novella was previously published last year as part of What Happens Under the Mistletoe regency romance holidays anthology. The tone of this new cover too, matches that of the anthology with the emerald green dress and some reddish background in place of the red coated hero. Very festive look indeed. As part of the "Sinful Suitors" series, the stories surround the nobles of St. George's Club. Some of its members appearing here, but the book could be read as a standalone.

Younger sons were
Avis
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
***I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for a true and honest review.***

Amanda had come from America to get her brother to come back to America or sign over the mill company to her. She really feels no need to stay in England any longer than necessary. She has the mill to run. Now that she was the only owner of the mill that her father left to her and her brother, she has plenty of ideas to make it a more productive mill. She
Amelia
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
By writing opinionated articles for a London newspaper, Lord Stephen Corry often riles many readers because of his radical views. Wanting to write about an American mill owner, he shows up at a large gathering of his acquaintances where the woman will also be attending. There is mistletoe hanging in the foyer since it is near Christmas, but the female that he kisses under the bough is not whom he first thought. Though Amanda Keane and Stephen do not have similar opinions when it pertains to her ...more
Anita Byars
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this adorable, witty, sweet and fun historical romance. The way in which Lord Stephen Corry meets Miss Amanda Keene is adorable. It was witty, created wonderful banter to the start of their relationship, all while layering the seriousness of the situation surrounding this storyline. I liked the push and pull between these two that made for some really nice chemistry that exploded into a lot of hotheaded, Hotness.

Lord Stephen Corry has come to his brother's home to meet and write an
Thecraftybookharlot
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I was given this book for a fair and honest review and it in no way effects the review I am about to give.

So ,when I first say when I saw the title I was kind of Meh on it but the Author is what sold me so I gave it a chance.

Amanda and Stephen were great together, The arguing between them worked without it being overly annoying like it can happen when you have two strong characters. Amanda is what I would say is an Alpha heroine and for me that is not something I really like in a heroine I tend

• Twelve Kisses to Midnight (The Oxenburg Princes, #3.5)
  • By Any Other Name
  • Sweetest Regret
  • Seduction on a Snowy Night
  • Treasured (Secrets Of The Loch, #1)
  • The Sins of Lord Lockwood (Rules for the Reckless, #6)
  • Sweetest Scoundrel (Maiden Lane, #9)
  • Scandal And The Duchess (MacKenzies & McBrides, #6.5)
  • Snowy Night with a Stranger (School for Heiresses, #4.5)
  • Governess Gone Rogue (Dear Lady Truelove, #3)
  • I Will: A Christmas Novella
  • Once Upon a Maiden Lane (Maiden Lane, #12.5)
  • Never Deny a Duke (Decadent Dukes Society, #3)
  • How to Capture a Duke
  • Beguiling the Beauty (Fitzhugh Trilogy, #1)
  • Mad for the Plaid (The Oxenburg Princes, #3)
  • The Untamed MacKenzie (MacKenzies & McBrides, #5.5)
  • Wild Oats (Wild Oats, #1)
Sabrina Jeffries is the NYT bestselling author of over 50 novels and works of short fiction (some written under the pseudonyms Deborah Martin and Deborah Nicholas). Whatever time not spent writing in a coffee-fueled haze of dreams and madness is spent traveling with her husband and adult autistic son or indulging in one of her passions—jigsaw puzzles, chocolate, and music. With over 9 million ...more

Sinful Suitors (6 books)
  • The Art of Sinning (Sinful Suitors, #1)
  • The Study of Seduction (Sinful Suitors, #2)
  • The Danger of Desire (Sinful Suitors, #3)
  • The Pleasures of Passion (Sinful Suitors, #4)
  • The Secret of Flirting (Sinful Suitors, #5)
  • The Risk of Rogues (The Sinful Suitors, #5.5)