Start by marking “The Naida Tapes (The Dead House #1.5)” as Want to Read:
The Naida Tapes (The Dead House #1.5)

The Naida Tapes

(The Dead House #1.5)

A digital short story from The Dead House author Dawn Kurtagich
There is a box. A box that should never have been discovered. And a warning beneath the lid.
This was for Kaitlyn. It was a mistake. Forget this box and leave the Isle. Don't look any further.
I'm begging you. N.C.D. 2005
After the inferno that swept through Elmbride High, claiming the lives of three teenag
Published October 11th 2016 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Naida Tapes, please sign up.
Dawn Kurtagich At the moment it's only available in the US, but we're working on getting it to you guys in the UK! :D

Kitkat
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I feel like crying because of the ending of this book. I feel badly for Naida and what she went through. Jesus she went through so much and sacrificed so much. I mean no one will know what she did for the world and no one will remember her. Naida lost so many people and she was so brave. I loved the Novella but I think I'm super depressed because of this book. REAd Dead House!
Uma   ~Books.Bags.Burgers.
Actual Rating - 3.5

Feels more conclusive that the original full novel.
lauren ♡ (wonderless reviews)
tw: homophobic slur, negative portrayal of mental health institutions
Trisha
Apr 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: bought-kindle
to review tomorrow!
Alaina (Bibliophilic Barista)
I loved theDead House audiobook so much I read this companion immediately after in about 1 sitting.... I loved Nadia as a character (although not until halfway through The Dead House). I’m teetering between 3 and 4 stars for this only because while a nice addition to the storyline something as just missing for me with the novella.
Holly
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A must read!

Loved every minute of this novella. A creepy and fun read. I highly recommend it. Can't wait to read more by this amazing author.
Melanie
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m not crying you’re crying
Mia
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, young-adult
If you want to know what happens to Naida after Dead House be prepared. No punches are pulled.
Amy Hayes
May 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-books
Not necessary

This novella was not needed as The Dead House was fine as a stand alone novel. I was bored reading it and it finished because I knew it was only a short novella.
Sara
Aug 20, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5/5 stars. It felt a little jumbled up, but the ending hit pretty hard and also tied some things up from the book The Dead House, so that was good.
Ishaal Ramroop
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 was very short, still a good read but still short, I'll still be giving this one 5 stars because the author deserves it😋
erin
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I wish it was longer

Pretty good follow up to The Dead House, I just wish it was longer! I wait to hear more of Naida's story. I feel like there is just so much more to tell.
Kylie
Jan 23, 2019 rated it liked it
This novella is so much more satisfying an ending than the actual novel. It wraps things up much better. Still not great but at least helps.
Michelle
Sep 29, 2018 rated it liked it
What a terrible fate for Naida. I mourned for her loss, of what could have been, of what had been, mourned also for Kaitlyn, Carly, Brett, John, Haji, Scott, even loss Ari.
Kat Ellis
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant, disturbing, skin-crawly return to the terrifying world of The Dead House!
Nadine
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good story, but it sheds light on what really happened in The Dead House and that ruins the mystery for me
Devann
this was okay but i didn't really feel like it was necessary or actually added anything to the previous novel. i think i preferred the original ending instead of tacking this onto the end as well. still it was well written and interesting.
Samantha
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed The Dead House last year, so of course I was going to pick up this novella and find out what happened to Naida! I definitely suggest you read The Dead House first before even thinking about picking up this novella, especially since it is set after the end of the book.

In this short 100ish pages, we see the after affects of dealing with a demon and dealing with things over ones head. Naida is traumatized from her stint in Kaitlyn's dead house that she had to cut out her tongue be
Yolanda Sfetsos
I really enjoyed The Dead House, so of course I wanted to read this novella.

The story takes place after the mysterious Elmbridge High School 'incident' that killed people and raised a lot of questions. This is what happened to Naida, following the events. After she cut her own tongue out! Yikes. But there's a very good (and creepy) reason why she did that. And via diary entries, found camera footage and notes, we get a little further insight into Naida's struggle. As well as what Kaitlyn really
Jordan
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
What I love about Dawn Kurtagich is her ability to make the uncanny ridiculously terrifying. The mind is a dark and twisted place, and as humans, we have an astounding capacity to become consumed by our thoughts. What Kurtagich excels at is making the reader question the characters, to doubt them, and to sift through the story and fight hard to uncover what’s real before it’s too late. Is it supernatural or are the characters just having a mental break? You decide.

Beth
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
I would strongly advise readers of The Dead House to read this too. It compliments the novel excellently and adds some textures and information which enriches it.

It's also quite good in its own right, but I wouldn't recommend reading it first. I would strongly caution against doing so. It is solidly a sequel even though it works as a companion and it will spoil The Dead House for you if you didn't read it first.

As such, it is almost impossible to review it on its own except to say: If you enjo
Liz H {Redd's Reads}
Dec 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, mine, read-2016
Although this novella clears up a few loose ends from The Dead House, I was underwhelmed overall. I loved the Dead House because of all the media presentations and the depth the characters had. This didn't really have that. To read more of my thoughts, visit Redd's Reads for my full review!
Dawn Kurtagich
Apr 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I wrote this! :)
Crazydiamondx3
when will this be available to people in the UK?
Carrie
Oct 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: own-as-ebook
I loved Naida, so I'm glad this story was about her. And *spoilers for The Dead House*

it confirms my original conclusion that it WAS a supernatural and not psychological problem.
Lee Anderson drunkonbookz
Oct 09, 2017
Elizabeth
Apr 20, 2019
Nicola Fantom
Jun 02, 2018
Tahna
rated it did not like it
Sep 28, 2019
Noelle Brake
Sep 22, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• After the Ball (Beau Rivage, #1.5)
  • Land of Bones
  • Before You Wake: Three Horrors
  • The Haunting of Pitmon House
  • Lightspeed Magazine, November 2013
  • These Deathless Bones
  • The Beautiful and the Cursed: Marco's Story (The Dispossessed, #1.5)
  • House of Fear
  • Hard To Get (The Syrena Legacy, #1.5)
  • Seize the Night: New Tales of Vampiric Terror
  • Wickedpedia
Dawn Kurtagich is a writer of creepy, spooky and psychologically sinister YA fiction, where girls may descend into madness, boys may see monsters in men, and grown-ups may have something to hide. Her debut YA novel, THE DEAD HOUSE, was called "an evil and original story" by bestselling author R.L Stine and ""...a haunting new thriller..." by Entertainment Weekly. Her second novel, AND THE TREES CR ...more

The Dead House (1 books)
  • The Dead House (The Dead House #1)