Start by marking “Those Who Make Us: Canadian Creature, Myth, and Monster Stories” as Want to Read:
Those Who Make Us: Canadian Creature, Myth, and Monster Stories

Those Who Make Us: Canadian Creature, Myth, and Monster Stories

What resides beneath the blankets of snow, under the ripples of water, within the whispers of the wind, and between the husks of trees all across Canada? Creatures, myths and monsters are everywhere…even if we don’t always see them. This is a unique and powerful collection of all-new, cross-genre tales that take the reader into real and imagined worlds, ranging from an ...more
Published November 1st 2016 by Exile Editions

Start your review of Those Who Make Us: Canadian Creature, Myth, and Monster Stories
Jane Mulkewich
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this collection! I bought a copy because my third cousin, Andrea Bradley, wrote the story about trolls dissatisfied with modern life in Toronto. I loved the story by Dominik Parisien, featuring Catherine Parr Traill, and set in Peterborough. And the one by Kate Story but I won't tell you the spoiler. The "monster" theme means one or two stories are a bit gruesome, but mostly they are fun and imaginative.
Lorrie Morris
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is not my usual genre, but I really enjoyed all of the stories - some were fun and others thought provoking. My 2 favourites were Dominik Parisien’s “Where Roots and Rivers Run as Veins” and “Where the Seas Roll Up Their Thunder” by Kate Story.
Roxanne
I read 12 of the 16 stories in this anthology. I didn't read them in order.

The stories were so CREATIVE! I think I wasn't in the right mindset for those types of stories because every time I finished one, it would leave me confused. Many stories didn't leave a lasting impression on me, I felt like reading through them was going through the motions. I wasn't fully enjoying this book and that it why I brought it back to the library. The stories in this book are WEIRD (in the best way possible!)
endofmarch
Apr 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, short-stories
ah, perhaps this wasn't the right time for me to read this, perhaps I wasn't as in the mood as I thought I was, but... I mostly felt blah about all of it. I didn't dislike any of the stories, but I wasn't moved to read further either. I wasn't bored reading it, but I wasn't that interested in coming back to it when I wasn't reading it. It was great, though, to read stories set in Canada. I don't read enough of them and it's nice to read about familiar landscapes and places and ~moods.

The stories
Kira Simion
Jun 15, 2019 marked it as to-read
Canadian gothic? Oh yes. Give!
Michelle
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Corey
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Wonderful, wonderful stuff.
Jennifer Gagne
Apr 28, 2019
Rati Mehrotra
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lannie
Mar 11, 2018
Andrea Bradley
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jessica
Nov 03, 2018
Philippe Ander
Feb 08, 2017
Stephen Michell
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Christina Vasilevski
May 15, 2017
Michelle
Jul 22, 2017
Andrew
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Chandler Smith