Start by marking “The Twilight Wife” as Want to Read:
The Twilight Wife

The Twilight Wife

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  5,789 Ratings  ·  949 Reviews
Thirty-four-year-old marine biologist Kyra Winthrop remembers nothing about the diving accident that left her with a complex form of memory loss. With only brief flashes of the last few years of her life, her world has narrowed to a few close friendships on the island where she lives with her devoted husband, Jacob.

But all is not what it seems. Kyra begins to have visions—
Published December 27th 2016 by Touchstone

To ask other readers questions about The Twilight Wife, please sign up.
Heather Not at all. I really enjoyed Before I go to Sleep and it kept me engaged. This book had way too much unnecessary description and moved very slowly.
Emi Ham Read 'Before I go to sleep' by s.j watson instead. It's pretty much the same plot but the story is more in depth

Deanna
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
My reviews can also be seen at: https://deesradreadsandreviews.wordpr...

I was excited when I won this book through a Goodreads give-away. A.J. Banner is a new author to me and I thought this sounded like an interesting read.

Kyra Winthrop is a 34-year-old Marine biologist who has lost her memory after suffering from a head injury she received in a diving accident. She hit her head on a rock and spent a week in intensive care, then over two months in rehab. Physically she's almost completely bette
Melissa
There was something so easy about getting caught up in this twisted tale of lies and deception. The characters, the Pacific Northwest setting and the tragedy of it all sucked me in. I found myself completely enamored with this story of a wife that suffered a head injury during a scuba diving excursion and a husband who’s desperate for her to regain her memories of their life together. It’s all very harrowing and incredibly sweet. Or is it?

Can you imagine, not remembering anything from the last f
Linda
Sep 02, 2016 rated it liked it
I received a copy of The Twilight Wife through NetGalley for an honest review. My thanks to Touchstone Publishing and to A.J. Banner for the opportunity.

Deception. And heavy on the saltwater here.

Kyra Winthrop is a marine biologist from Seattle University who is recovering from a traumatic brain injury while diving three months ago. She and her husband, Jacob, are living in his parents' old house on Mystic Island in the Pacific Northwest as a refuge during her recovery.

Kyra is suffering from a "
Meredith
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley

The Twilight Wife has some surprising twists and turns. Fast paced and easy to read, I flew right through this thriller.

Marine biologist Kyra Winthrop suffered a traumatic brain injury in a diving accident leading to memory loss. She walks around with a feeling of unease trying to gather snippets to help her remember the past four years of her life, including marrying her husband Jacob. As Kyra slowly begins to slowly remember the details of her life, she realizes she can’t trust anyon
Carol (Bookaria)
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is an intriguing mystery. Kyra Winthrop has recently suffered a diving accident and wakes up with memory loss. She has long-term memories but has difficulties remembering what has happened in recent years. Fortunately, she has her loving husband Jacob to help and take care of her.

Little by little glimpses of memories and flashbacks start coming back but some of them are disturbing or do not make sense and this is what the book is about, we are in the recovery journey with Kyra and put
Suzanne Leopold
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Kyra Winthrop lives with her husband Jacob on a remote island in the Pacific Northwest. She is recovering from a traumatic brain injury as a result of a diving accident. She is struggling with memory issues and cannot remember her life four years prior to the accident. Her husband, aiding in her recovery, provides her with details of the memories that she cannot remember.

Kyra begins to have flashes of memories prior to her accident. Sometimes a scent or a person she meets in town provides her wi
Sarah Joint
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There was something so addicting about this book. I couldn't put it down, and consequently blew right through it. I actually stopped to check how many pages it was, because I was reading it almost like a novella, but it's not! Something about the beautiful setting drew me in... a relatively isolated existence on a stunning island with a fascinating mystery.

Kyra was in a tragic diving accident. Most of the damage from it cannot be seen... it's in her head. Her memory has suffered terribly. She c
leslie hamod
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is not just a book, it is an experience! Every word perfectly placed , a plot that keeps you guessing and such well thought out characters as to leave you breathless for the next page. I am beginning to believe that A.J.Banner doesn't need to think, her words fall effortlessly from her pen. I loved this masterpiece!
I was frightened and angry in turn. The whole book intriguing and surprising. Congratulations to the author for another great piece of literature!
Cortney
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Two Days! TWO DAYS!!!!! And the ONLY reason it took me that long is because I have a daughter and a full time job, and swim lessons, and everything else that comes along with family life.

If you are looking for a quick read that draws you in with questions upon questions, you have found it!
If you are someone that can throw yourself into a character's shoes without judging them first, then this is for you. Put yourself into Kyra's shoes and feel her pain and her curiosity, the feelings of loss an
Lindsay - Traveling Sister
Fictionophile
A diving accident in Deception Pass, and four years of memories are missing. All she has are photographs and the assurances of her devoted husband. But what if her memory loss has a more sinister cause?

Kyra and Jacob have a beautiful home near the shore on the sparsely populated Mystic Island. A remote island in the Pacific Northwest, it is part of the San Juan Islands which are located off the northern coast of Washington State. Mystic Island is just twelve miles from end to end.

Still recuperat
Liz
Nov 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley

A diving accident left Kyra with a four year gap in her life. Initially, she remembers nothing about her life. And it's not just her past. She forgets what she's already been told and is even foggy on events after the accident. But slowly, glimpses of the past flash through.

Banner does a good job of creating the feeling of anxiety Kyra is feeling. It pulses through her writing. I noticed that I had the same niggling sensation that Kyra did. She gets the psychological part of a psychological thr
Fareya
Jun 08, 2017 rated it liked it
The Twilight Wife is an anxiety inducing tale of a woman's struggle to regain her lost memory. With a gripping narration and swift pace, this haunting story kept me engaged from start to finish. And yet, I found myself yearning for more. Sure, the plot was compelling but still, it felt lacking in suspense. And also, I foresaw most of the twists.

Kyra Winthrop, a marine biologist is suffering from memory loss, the terrible after effects of a diving excursion gone wrong. She remembers absolutely
*TANYA*
Feb 04, 2017 rated it liked it
I felt this book was a little too predictable. Granted it held my attention but I think it was only because I kept hoping for "more". A little too bland.
Krystin Rachel (Here's The Fucking Twist)
Update: 2018.01.22

Sooooooooooo, like I totally even forgot I read this and needed to review it? You might think that doesn't speak well for this book, but no, no, it's fine - it's not the book, it's me. It was Christmas, I was running around stressed and kind of drunk. What can you do?

I totallyyyy remember this now.

And, there's not much I can say about it that doesn't completely give the secrets away. Wife has diving accident. Wife has memory loss. Wife starts to remember things that don't make
Rita
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this advance reader's edition of the book, The Twilight Wife, in a goodreads giveaway courtesy of Touchstone in exchange for an honest review. I loved this book from beginning to end. If I didn't have so many other things going on, I would have finished this in a day maybe 2. I had a hard time putting it down.
Kyra is on a remote island with her husband Jacob. Kyra is a marine biologist who suffered a head energy while scuba diving and has lost her memories of the last 4 years of her l
Dorie  - Traveling Sister :)
I had really been looking forward to this book, I love any story that takes place in the Pacific Northwest and the premise of a diver losing her memory sounded promising.

This story was such a slow read for me I almost gave up on it 50% of the way through but I was promised a thriller and I wanted to know the outcome of this “mystery”.

34 year old Kyra Winthrop suffered a deep sea diving accident during which she hit her head and has lost her memory of the last four years of her life. Her husband
Lashaan Balasingam (Bookidote)
You can find my review on my blog by clicking here.

Psychological thrillers are growing in popularity nowadays. Everywhere you go, you’re bound to see a new one ready to become the next big thing. The appeal behind this genre is however far from being superficial. The narrator, the characters, the pacing and the twists all come together to form a truly enthralling story. From the bestselling author of The Good Neighbor, A.J. Banner now dives into the story of a marine biologist who, after a dange
Yellagirlgc
I received a copy from NetGalley for my review.

Kyra had a diving accident and can't remember 4 years of her life. Which includes the years she's been married to her husband Jacob. With Jacobs patience she wishes the memories return so she can share in his obvious love for her. Memories trickle in at times but she doesn't know if there memories or nightmares.
I loved Kyra. She never stopped in her pursuit of the truth. She took no ones word at face value. I also loved the islands the book talked
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-books
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com
The Twilight Wife is one of those books that has been compared to bestselling domestic based psychological suspense novel’s such as S.J. Watson’s Before I Go To Sleep and Mary Kubica’s The Good Girl. I enjoyed both the above novels and my introduction to the work of A.J. Banner, the author of The Twilight Wife. I can see A.J. Banner employs some of the main ideas from the popular novels such as Before I Go To Sleep, but she has made her book stand on its own
Mackey
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Apparently retrograde amnesia is a LOT more common than we think since this is the second book I've read about it in as many months. So watch your heads and keep a great Neuro on speed dial because one never can be too careful.
Kyra is an intelligent marine biologist who has suffered a severe head head trauma while diving with her husband. She now is attempting to regain her memory while on a beautiful island surrounded by her husband, his friends and all of the things she loves most in the world
Oreoandlucy
Apr 10, 2017 rated it liked it
More reviews are available on my blog:

Kyra suffers from amnesia after a scuba diving accident and must rely on her doting husband to help her remember so many things that she has forgotten. Kyra can't remember much of what has happened before the accident and even forgets what happens after the accident, making relationships with others difficult. Jacob gave up his job to take care of Kyra and moved her to an island home. He seems to be her dream husband,
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

2 stars, and I am surprised that I even finished it. Not to be harsh, but in all honesty, been there, read that. This is the same story line over and over about a woman who loses her memory in a traumatic event, is being told by her perfect husband that everything is fine and dandy, she starts to get her memories back and realizes things really aren't fine and dandy. And the Twilight Wife is no different.

Maybe I have just read
Judy Collins
A.J. Banner returns following The Good Neighbor, with the powerfully evocative THE TWILIGHT WIFE —an intricate conundrum, a modern-age twisty domestic psychological mystery suspense puzzle of lies, secrets, deception and an intriguing past.

A heart-pounding adventure of one woman's desperate search for answers. Uncovering the truth about those we love. A story, the past, an obsession, a forgotten identity, and pieces of memories- just out of reach.

Kyra Winthrop is recovering from a harrowing
Touchstone Books
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
We are so insanely excited about publishing this fantastic read! Everyone on the Touchstone team devoured it in one sitting, and working with A.J. Banner is a delight. Just when you think you have it all figured out, the final twist catches you completely by surprise. Thriller fans, add it to your shelf!
Abby (Crime by the Book)
I had very mixed feelings on this book. It's a good choice for readers looking for a lighter suspense novel, but I was hoping for a bit more from it - I guessed all of its plot twists very early on, and generally hoped for more tension and intrigue throughout the story. On the plus side, I enjoyed its atmosphere and fast pace. Again, totally mixed feelings on this one. Full review on the blog!

L.A. Starks
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Just as there is a wind direction west-southwest (WSW) that is not the same as southwest (SW), so too this book is suspense-romantic suspense and not romantic suspense.

Readers will be turning the pages to learn what memories the protagonist can recover, until she finally is able to solve the mystery of what happened to her.

A nice twist on plotting chronology, some interesting science, and the northwest setting is superb.
Bridget
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1, 1-tbr-march18
I almost passed this one up and I’m so glad I didn’t! I’m surprised the ratings aren’t a tad higher. It was great! The only reason I gave it a 4 and not 5 is because the beginning was a teensy slow. But it’s a solid 4.25 stars! I loved Kyra and I could really feel her struggle and heart breaking while trying to regain her memories and form new bonds. The characters were very likable and some I loved to hate! Great book! And the audio version was AMAZING as well!
Barbara
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Twilight Wife is perfect for fans of S.J. Watson's, Before I Go To Sleep. You will be helpless to put it down until the very astonishing end. Kyra Winthrop is a marine biologist living in the Pacific Northwest with her husband. She is recovering from a head injury suffered while scuba diving and is struggling with terrible memory loss. For Kyra it's hard to know what memories to trust. She relies heavily on her husband to fill in the blanks in her mind. She is recovering on the seemingly idy ...more
Tammy
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Unoriginal and anticlimactic.
52 weeks, 52 books: Week 2017.10: The Twilight Wife 3 34 Mar 10, 2017 10:59AM
Play Book Tag: The Twilight Wife by AJ Banner ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4 20 Feb 23, 2017 12:20PM
A. J. Banner grew up reading Agatha Christie, Daphne du Maurier, and other masters of love and mystery. She enjoyed sneaking thrillers from her parents' library, which gave her excellent fodder for her first two novels of psychological suspense, The Good Neighbor and The Twilight Wife. The Good Neighbor was a #1 Kindle bestseller for 34 days in a row, and The Twilight Wife became a USA Today and P ...more