Start by marking “The Nanny Arrangement (Country Blues, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Nanny Arrangement (Country Blues, #2)

The Nanny Arrangement (Country Blues #2)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  198 Ratings  ·  120 Reviews
Soft-spoken and shy Hannah Fisher is determined to make the man she’s loved her entire life finally see her as a woman. With the help of a makeover and the convenient forced proximity of a tour bus, she vows to win her best friend Deacon’s heart.

Former bad boy and current fiddle player Deacon Latrell has the world at his fingertips: a new gig with a famous band, plus his b
Published May 22nd 2017 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Bliss)

Kissing Kendall by Jennifer ShirkKissing the Maid of Honor by Robin BielmanFiance by Fate by Jennifer ShirkThe Practice Proposal by Tracy MarchBlame it on the Kiss by Robin Bielman
Bliss Collection
104 books — 96 voters
Shameless by Lisa Renee JonesProvocative by Lisa Renee JonesRuckus by L.J. ShenPucked Off by Helena HuntingShacking Up by Helena Hunting
Romance Books 2017
481 books — 1,199 voters

More lists with this book...

Beth
Hannah is known as shy and soft-spoken but underneath she has a strong core and is an extremely hard working. When she gets the chance to win her best friends heart, once and for all, she takes it…it comes in the position of nanny on a rock and roll tour bus.

Deacon has been half in love with Hannah from day one but she is his best friend and he doesn’t want to mess up a good thing. But how is he going to resist her when she blows his mind with just her smile.

This is a case of serious lack of com
Jacqueline's Reads
Apr 22, 2017 marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: arc
DNF 81%

The Nanny Arrangement is the second book in the Country Blues series. You don’t have to read books in order. I didn’t read the first book and I was perfectly fine. I really like that because I get lost easily, but this was never the case for me.

So, interesting fact, I met Rachel Harris at a book signing. The woman is REALLY nice and sweet. It pains to say I could not finish this book.

The reason for me for not finishing this book is simply because of the genre. I’m a mood reader and as I w
♥Rachel♥
May 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Jackie
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
I was in the mood for a quick, light and easy contemporary read and when I stumbled across The Nanny Arrangement and spotted the childhood sweethearts trope, I WAS SOLD! This was the kind of sweet, cheesy love story that I was looking for!

The Nanny Arrangement is the story of shy and sweet Hannah who makes it a mission to make her childhood best friend Deacon, the man she’s secretly in love with, finally see her as more than just her best friend. Deacon is the new fiddle player in country music’
Stacee
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have always enjoyed the stories that Rachel creates and I was pretty excited for this one. Especially since it was a BFF to more story.

I loved Hannah and Deacon. She's sweet and he's stoic and it works. They have such a history and it was fun reading them navigate this new portion to their relationship. And one of the best parts was seeing the characters from the previous books.

My only complaint {if you could call it that} is that I wanted more of them together. They were adorable in their s
Staci
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I seriously can't say enough good things about this book! I had been not so patiently waiting for Deacon and Hannah's story and I was not disappointed. This is definitely one I didn't want to put down. Due to family commitments I was required to read it in two settings instead of one. Boo! This might be one I reread.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I can honestly say that Rachel Harris does not disappoint her readers with The Nanny Arrangement. This book is number two in her Country Blues series and is tied to her Love & Games series however, it can easily be read as a standalone. Yes, as the title implies the nanny and her employer (well one of them) fall in love, but they happen to be best friends since their early high school years. This was a sweet friends to lovers story in which we get a glimpse of their past lives toget
Elaine
This is a delightful friends to lovers romance with great characters and a plot that keeps readers guessing to very near the end. Hannah Fisher was the victim of many bullies through her school years. As a red-haired girl wearing unfashionable clothes who had a speech impediment, she really didn’t expect anything else. However, when Deacon Latrell moved into a neighbouring property she was brave enough to introduce herself to him and that was the start of their friendship. He stuck up for her, s ...more
Heather andrews
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Deacon likes to make sure he does right by his girl, "Deacon grabbed onto her wrists. “Our first kiss was outside on the effing street.” Guilt swamped his eyes.“ You deserved better than that. You darn sure deserve better than being groped like a horny teenager in the back of a car.” I really liked this book, I thought it was sweet and it was a great friends to lovers romance.
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Let me start this off like this. I did not know that this was a part of a series. I felt this was a complete standalone read that will ride you all the way to the end and then some if you so like. The cover got my attention with the beautiful background and a young couple on. Then it was the title of the book. Then I began reading and found a good read. The band was filled with some very interesting characters. I would like to find out more about them, later. This time I focus on Hannah and Deac ...more
Tiffany Willams
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"In twenty-five years, there were only ever two things he was proud of in his life: Being a father to his son, and being Hannah's friend."

Oh, my heart!!!

This book made me smile so much.
I enjoy friends-to-lovers romances the most!

Hannah and Deacon's friendship is something that you strive for, but the love they both share deep down, is inspiring!
Even though it's not said, or even shown, their love is there for so many to see.

Throw a sweet little boy named Max into the mix, and you have yourself o
P.e. lolo
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hannah Fisher and Deacon Latrell have been friends for ten years. Really from the day she got the courage to walk across the street to talk to the boy in the neighborhood who was shooting baskets. From the moment she hi. He would help her through high school but would allow another girl to come between them and after she had a baby she left him and the baby, but Hannah has been there for both of them since day one. Deciding to go to Paris for six months she is now back and has taken a job as a n ...more
Heather
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is technically book two of the Country Blues series, but you do not have to read You're Still The One (or Accidentally Married On Purpose where we meet Tyler and Sherry) to enjoy this book, although you should because they're great books. This one completely stands alone and does not end on a cliffhanger. Any sex that happens is behind closed doors, but there is cursing, including two f-bombs (which don't offend me at all but felt really out of place in this story).

This book is seriou
Bookgyrl
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Before diving into this one I decided to read the first book, and I enjoyed it very much. Hannah and Deacon were mentioned in that book when the band needs a nanny during their next tour and Hannah offers.

Hannah and Deacon have been best friends for years and it broke her heart when Deacon never saw her as more than his friend. She was always there for him and also his little son when his girlfriend ran off. But now she has decided to put it all on the line to 'find her happy' and find if there
Irene

The Nanny Arrangement by Rachel Harris was a well written and heartwarming read.

I enjoyed the storyline, the plot was entertaining and held my interest all throughout the book.
Hannah and Deacon were likable, endearing characters that I easily connected with and loved watching them move from friends to lovers.
They made me laugh, they made me swoon and they touched my heart with their pain.
These two had been through a lot and totally deserved their HEA.

I'm a huge fan of Rachel Harris's w
Siobhain  Perez
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 FIND YOUR HAPPY STARS!

I fell in love with book 2 in the Country Blues Series. Although I have not yet read book 1, I was so captivated by this story. Rachel Harris was able to add so much longing and fortitude to this epic best friends to lovers romance. It was hard to put this book down because it was written with eloquence. The flow of the book was perfect with a conversational writing style. The Nanny Arrangement was empowering, adventurous, nostalgic, passionate, and an addicting romance.
Lenore Kosinski
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, apollycon

3.5 stars -- I received a free copy through NetGalley in exchange for an honest and unbiased review/opinion.

Mmmm, I love me a good friends to lovers story. I was hooked from the prologue too, I just felt Hannah's voice in her 14/15 year old self, and how much she put on the line to approach Deacon. And I felt his overwhelming loneliness and despair. Honestly, it was so good I was bummed for a tiny second that I wasn't getting the young adult novel of their
Wendy
Apr 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have to say this is one of those "Kept me up all night reads" literally. I started this book around 9pm and yes I stayed up until 9am and I finished this book in one sitting. I couldn't seem to stop. The characters drew me in. This is a "friends to lovers" story. With the heroine being the "ugly duckling" who finds her confidence to go after what she wants, her best friend, the hero, Deacon. I loved watching Deacon come to terms with his feelings, it felt real and natural, not forced as some s ...more
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
3.85 Stars

I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book

I enjoyed this story as I love books with single parents and this one wasn't one of my favorites but definitely an okay read for me

Hannah had been in love with Deacon for a long time. But now things have changed and she is ready to show Deacon how she felt and also for him to notice her as a women and not just his BFF

This chemistry between Hannah and Deacon was a slow build up, so if you in the mood for a nice friends to lovers romance then thi
Isha Coleman
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
He was her hero. She was his second chance. Bonded by loneliness these childhood outsiders created a friendship that could withstand anything. Except for maybe falling in love. Deacon and Hannah are magic together. They bring out the best in each other. Ms. Harris has created one of her finest works with The Nanny Arrangement. Friendship, sentiment, humor and heart are all subjects easy to relate to and made this story a resounding success.
Julie
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Once I made it past a very slow start, The Nanny Arrangement turned out to be an incredibly sweet read! I love a good friends-to-lovers trope and Hannah and Deacon fit the bill with charm and grace..even with all their miscommunication hiccups! And Deacon's son Max made an adorable addition to the storyline, as did a great supporting cast of secondary characters. Book two in the Country Blues series, The Nanny Arrangement can easily be read as a stand alone.
Danielle (Danniegurl)
While I didn't read the first book, I assumed this could have been read without it. I'm not sure if that's true, or not. The story mentions a lot about the past but doesn't actually offer up much of what exactly happened, and I can't know if that is mentioned in book 1. Why I assume it wasn't is because I think it's a different couple from this couple here.

Another aspect I didn't like of this book was that many times I kept going "how did we get here?". Indeed, how did we get there, one moment
Jamie Shaw
Rachel Harris takes the friends to lovers trope and *completely* knocks it out of the park with THE NANNY ARRANGEMENT. Seriously -- out. of. the. park.

As with everything Rachel writes, I found myself immediately living IN this story. I fought sleep to root for Hannah and Deacon, because they both felt so real to me, I *needed* these new friends of mine to find their happily ever after. I COULD NOT REST UNTIL THEY DID! lol. And boy, did they. This book got me right in the feels -- making me squir
Marlene
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Originally published at Reading Reality

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed The Nanny Arrangement. As much as I love the friends-to-lovers trope, there are a whole lot of other factors in this story that generally drive me crazy, and certainly did this time. And I liked the damn thing anyway!

The Nanny Arrangement is right on the cusp between New Adult and Contemporary Romance. The protagonists are both 20-somethings, and are still figuring out what they want out of life. They also fumble quite
books are love
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I fell in love with Max and Deacon. Deacon who was broken and didn’t feel he was worthy of love. Deacon who felt he had to prove himself and that at any time those who say they are his friends will leave. His only constant was Hannah. the girl who saved him when he was in high school. the girl who makes him feel he can conquer it all. The one who grounds him and loves his son unconditionally. He has a hard time believing that she could love him though. He also is afraid that if he acts on his fe ...more
Kara
Apr 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: got-review-copy
I really wanted to like this book, the cover got my attention and I decided to go for it. What I loved about the story.....
how Hannah and Deacon met as high school teens, instant best friends
Hannah's parents, great characters
Hannah overcomes her stuttering (unfortunately she still remains insecure about her speaking abilities throughout the story and doesn't realize the courage/strength she has, but was still mighty proud of her and also thought she was a hero for trying to keep Deacon out of fi
Books and Spoons
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
There's so much to love and enjoy in this sweet, adorable, and ardent romance story that hit all the three S's on several occasion - yes, I was smiling, swooning and sighing ( a nice way to say sobbing) while reading, and ended up inhaling this delightfully charming story.
One of my favorite type of romances is when the best friends find love with each other. The relationship has such a solid and strong foundation to built on, it is easy to see the romance carry on for ever after.
What Hannah Fis
Nicole
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am truly in love with books about best friends falling in love. I think it is the feeling of knowing they are like the perfect half to complete them, perhaps it is because I would want to be with someone that really knows me. Anyway, I like this kind of books.

The Nanny Arrangement is one of the latest books I have read and enjoyed. I did not read the first book in the series, but both of them are standalone so... I did not get lost when reading about characters --which I completely appreciate.
Floryie
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
I know that a best friends to lovers story is always predictable. Everyone knows how it's going to end. But what makes it one of my favourite tropes is the journey of the protagonists. I love reading the ups and downs between friends and how their perception of each other changes subtly to include their love. And this book, which is among the first of the author's I have read, tells a take which has come to induce a soft feeling in my heart.

The tale is cute and swoon worthy and I can read it aga
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
New York Times bestselling author Rachel Harris writes humorous love stories about sassy girls-next-door and the hot guys that make them swoon. Vibrant settings, witty banter, and strong relationships are a staple in each of her books…and kissing. Lots of kissing.

An admitted Diet Mountain Dew addict and homeschool mom, she gets through each day by laughing at herself, hugging her kids, and watchin
More about Rachel Harris...

Country Blues (3 books)
  • You're Still the One (Country Blues, #1)
  • You Can't Hurry Love (Country Blues, #3)