Start by marking “Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5)” as Want to Read:
Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5)

Empire of Storms

(Throne of Glass #5)

4.53  ·  Rating details ·  244,550 ratings  ·  22,547 reviews
The long path to the throne has only just begun for Aelin Galathynius as war looms on the horizon. Loyalties have been broken and bought, friends have been lost and gained, and those who possess magic find themselves at odds with those who don't.

With her heart sworn to the warrior-prince by her side, and her fealty pledged to the people she is determined to save, Aelin wil
Published September 6th 2016 by Bloomsbury Publishing PLC

To ask other readers questions about Empire of Storms, please sign up.
Isabella Beltran Well, I feel proud because I shipped Rowaelin before they were together instead of the other ships. Not to mention I love Rowan, and I think that Aeli…moreWell, I feel proud because I shipped Rowaelin before they were together instead of the other ships. Not to mention I love Rowan, and I think that Aelin will find a way to connect to Rowan's power and stay immortal with him or Rowan will find a way to stop being immortal (I hope it's the first idea), otherwise, I'll probably drown in my own tears as he stays young and watches her grow old and die.(less)
Faith OMG YES! I swear if they don't get together I will slowly curl up into a ball of nothingness and die.…moreOMG YES! I swear if they don't get together I will slowly curl up into a ball of nothingness and die.(less)

·  244,550 ratings  ·  22,547 reviews

Start your review of Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5)
Simona B
*Do I need to remind you to be civil? No, I don’t. Good kids.

This is the story of how Sarah J. Maas reviewed her own poetics in one of her books.

"You will hate any moment of peace or happiness."
(Because rest assured they'll use every single one of them to have sex or to seduce someone into having sex, and sometimes not even imminent danger will be enough of a deterrent. Sadly. A massacre or two would have spiced things up.)

"Dorian offered a lazy grin in return. “Believe it or not, this ship has
Emily May
Sep 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, 2016, young-adult
“Where do you think you’re going?” Darrow demanded.
She looked over her shoulder. “To call in old debts and promises. To raise an army of assassins and thieves and exiles and commoners. To finish what was started long, long ago.”

3 1/2 stars. Much better than Heir of Fire and Queen of Shadows, methinks. But maybe not if you're unable to skim over the gross love scenes between Aelin and Rowan, or you just can't deal with a book where Chaol is completely absent.

I have to say, though, I think Emp
Ikram

Here are my reviews of the previous books in this series:
Throne of Glass
Crown of Midnight
The Assassin's Blade
Heir of Fire
Queen of Shadows

These two girls said it all Simona’s review , Paige’s video

*sigh* I’m not sure where to start. I’ve pretty much loved all the previous books in this series but aghhh this one.

Welcome to Empire of Storms, the try not to cringe challenge book edition.

➨ The first thing that you notice while reading Empire of Storms is the similarities it has with ACOMAF. I thi
Elle (ellexamines)
Aug 14, 2018 marked it as zzzzz-did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe this is my all-time most liked review I hate y'all

I read the sex scene from this book out of context, and I was left with several questions. here is a sampling of these questions:

⭐are they fucking on the beach or in the water? it bothers me so much that I don’t know the answer to this? this should be incredibly clear?
⭐how does he keep touching her back scars when she’s lying down on her back, possibly submerged in the water?
⭐does Aelin have a hovercraft or really good abs or both
Andrea
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“My name is Aelin Ashryver Galathynius …
And I will not be afraid.”

Someone willing to talk? This book destroyed me and I think I need therapy to endure the wait and pain until next year.
Edit:
So, I'll need to wait another year to know what happens next... Not fair Sarah J. Maas, not fair.
I know there's another book coming but really, I just don't care much for Chaol at the time.

Why did I read Queen Of Shadows so fast?
Dammit, this happens every damn year.
I read the damn book way too fast and
Andreea Pop
Brilliance. Sheer, pure brilliance. This is what this book is. Everything I wanted and everything I didn't know I wanted. It's a whirlwind of emotions. Quite probably, the best in the series.

Full review to come.
Wendy Darling
MORE WYVERNS AND BATHTUB SCENES, PLEASE.
NReads
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a modern masterpiece.
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
I'll have a full video review discussing my thoughts soon. ...more
Christine Riccio
I DEVOURED THIS AS I DEVOUR ALL OF SARAH J MAAS'S BOOK ENJOYING EVERY SECOND. I love the characters in this seris so much!!! Here's my booktalk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9tnt... ...more
Kai
Apr 24, 2019 added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
I have an entire bag full of EoS bullshit that I need to unpack so if there’s one thing that SJM did not disappoint at, it was giving me leverage to trash her books. Honestly, she should get an award for the sheer amount of crap that you can put in a 700-page book. If I had to sum up Empire of Storms in one word, I’d choose disturbing. Not positively. Not because of cliffhangers, suspense, drama. In this TED talk, I will point out the many failings and shocking shortcomings of an overhyped and h ...more
 Teodora
I still want to give those 6⭐ so let's suppose I actually did it

Full review on my Blog: The Dacian She-Wolf 🐺
description

Kingdoms will collide yeah, yeah, whatever. This is almost the last thing that interests me about this book at this point.

GIVE ME THAT BOSS-ASS GIRL POWER I NEED!

GIVE ME THOSE SUPERB SISTERHOOD AND BROTHERHOOD AND POSITIVE EMOTIONAL-PACKED SCENES!

GIVE ME MORE MANON, ELIDE AND LYSANDRA ACTION BECAUSE THEY ARE FUCKING SUPREME!

GIVE ME...Oh, wait, what’s that? Uhm...hello?? Is that GRIEF
Nat
May 19, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
“The world will be saved and remade by the dreamers.”

It was unexpectedly relieving to slip back into this world. Initially, I was dreading this sequel because there was just so much that could go completely wrong, but Sarah J. Maas seriously knows her stuff. She handled the situations she put my favorite witches through with excellence.

description
This review contains *spoilers*.

Right from the start, we get to hear from Elena Galathynius, which, finally. She’s one of my favorites from this series and ge
Katerina
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All Hail Queen Maas!

I may hate her right now, I may be cursing her name and shaking and screaming, but deep down I love her with an unprecedented reverence. She can't be human, no, she is a terrible, brilliant and cruel deity that messes with us mortals. For the past 48 hours I've been fighting and bleeding in Erilea. Now, I'm in a daze. Powerful gusts of wind scattered my mind. Bright fire reduced my sanity to cinders. And icicles have pierced my heart. Because this book, because Empire of Stor
Paige (Enchantology)

Here's a compilation of my live Snapchat updates.

Some jumbled thoughts:

I don't care about any of the characters that I'm supposed to care about anymore. The longer you spend with SJM's characters, the more it seems like she's completely incapable of keeping character's consistent or giving them realistic development. Not caring about these characters has a significant impact on one's ability to enjoy this book, as so much of it hinges on characters and their relationships with one anot
Katerina  Kondrenko
2.5 out of 10

Ревью в моем блоге/This review on my blog
Living A Thousand Lives

Genre: high-fantasy, NA
Stuff: fae, witches, dragons, a million kings and queens
Fail: gross sex, repetitiveness, pathos
WOW: the Witches' politics
POV: 3rd-person, multi
Love-Geometry: none

Quote-Core:
"It was all borrowed time anyway."

This review won't be long (too little free time),
Ben Alderson
Sep 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
best book ever.
i need to breathe.
can you please message me if you have read this
i need to talk about it
jessica
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
rereading this series has been the best decision. i completely forgot how much i loved this book.

feelings that stayed the same:
- shock and awe that this surpasses ‘queen of shadows’ in terms of creativity, foresight, and complexity.

- i only like manon if she is with other main characters, so everyone finally meeting is a big win for her character.

- i miss choal. i know why and im excited to see him again in the next book, but man. only two mentions in 600+ pages is rough.

feelings that changed:
Angela
“Aelin Galathynius, Queen of Terrasen, knew the time would soon come to prove just how much she'd bleed for Erilea.”

Had to give myself some time after reading this epic book, to gather my thoughts, and pull myself off the floor. I think I've had some time to get it together and am finally ready to right a review for this book.

We're pretty deep into the Throne of Glass Series so writing reviews for it are getting harder and harder. It's getting harder to talk about events going on and whe
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
”The world,” Aelin said, “will be saved and remade by the dreamers, Rolfe.”

So, it took me ages to start writing this review and truth be told I’m still not sure if I’m ready to do it. This book was the equivalent of a wild roller coaster, just with the minor and rather distinctive difference that there actually was no brake in the end. It felt like an amazing ride up until the moment the brakes failed and the entire waggon tumbled into nothingness!
And if you already think that my description is
Khurram
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just an amazing book. My expectations were sky high for this book. The Throne of Glass has been one faverite series in a long time. Every book seemed to get better and better. With these kinds of high hope I was just though this book would let me down somewhere. The only let down is the book is finished and I can't wait for the next one. It not only lived up to my expectations but sapassed them. One thing I will put a note on is there is a lot more explicit passages both in language and scenes. ...more
Hannah
May 30, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Wow. Just wow.

I'll be filming a full video review for this so I'll keep my thoughts here brief.

I didn't have high expectations going into this because, as this series has gone on, I've increasingly lost interest in most of the characters and the plot.

But this took everything I didn't like in the series and multiplied it by 10000 and took everything I loved and shattered it to pieces.

For a while, I actually really enjoyed the direction of the plot. It seemed like the world would actually start
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Re-Read on Audio! Okay, so I found another hardback copy with the poster on the inside of the dust jacket so... dad took it over and got it laminated for me and it's on my shelf now. Yes, I'm crazy =)

Did anyone else get the Barnes & Noble edition with he beautiful cover art on the inside front pages and the inside back pages? They are beautiful!

THIS BOOK IS FREAKING EPIC AND I LOVED IT AND I LOVE ALL OF EVERYONE IN THE BOOK AND I LOVE ROWAN AND ETC AND SO FORTH. THERE WILL BE "NO SPOILERS!"

The
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
Full spoiler free review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr-mo...

I FINALLY GODS-DAMNED DID IT
It was long and it was difficult but it was worth it. I have the hardest time getting through Sarah J. Maas books because they're so long and there's so much going on, so I complain A TON as I'm reading it, but I always end up loving it in the end.
Liz
Feb 12, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anticipated-2016

After re-reading a few parts I cannot help but rate it lower. Well, maybe it'll be one of those books that I rate lower and lower with every time I re-read some parts and revise them in my head. Oh, SJM, you could have done it so much better. Why? Pity.

I will start with the flaws.
Well, the "mature" content that reminded me a bit of fanfictions from AO3, not because it was horrible, but because it was given too many pages and written in an over-the-top manner. That said, I am generally not fo
Kiki
Aly (In Wonderland)
Reread: April/May 2017

WHY. DO. I. DO. THIS. TO. MYSELF.

Honestly, I'm terrified for Tower of Dawn because, hell, if it all went to crap at the end of Empire of Storms, what on earth are Chaol and Nesryn dealing with in the Southern continents? I am dying to find out, but also too scared. Hulp.

I shall go mourn my babies now.

After reading: I am dead.

Basically, Maas is the reason I have trust issues when it comes to book. She is too skilled at ripping my heart out of my chest, beating it up, cuttin
Fiona
Mar 13, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nobody, I wouldn't even put my worst enemy through this disappointment
I did it. I got my hands on an early release of Empire of Storms and binge-read it (however painful that was).

And oh my gracious god what did I just read.

Look, if I wanted fanfic I'd go to archiveofourown, not go and buy one in a bookstore. Honestly I'd also get better quality on ao3 than I got in this book.

Queen of Shadows was a bit of a disappointment but this

This was painful to read, this is an insult to the genre.

This is blasphemy.

(view spoiler)
Nenia ✨ I yeet my books back and forth ✨ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

Q: Why are you reading these books if you don't like them?

A: So I can MST3K the hell out of them.

Q: Well, I like these books and I think you're an idiot for hating on books you don't like because I don't understand the concept of satire and therefore make it my business to police what and how other people read.

A: LOL, well just for that, I'm going to read and review all of the books in this series, so what do you think of that, Stan?

Q: .
Warda
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THAT BITCH MAEVE!!!!
I forgot how painful and intense that ending was. The revelations, the armies, crap coming together and falling apart at the same time... shit.

And if what is supposed to happen happens... let's not even go there. Ugh. This was agonising.

ORIGINAL REVIEW!
“Nameless is my price.” *sobs*

Rereading this has affirmed that this instalment is definitely up there with Heir of Fire — which is my favourite in the series.

I still feel slightly sick. My heart is still heavy. Numb. I'm devoi
Explicit scenes - yay or nay? 34 5099 May 24, 2021 12:30AM
Burn Book : Empire of Storms 1 7 May 19, 2021 08:30AM
The Fae of Erilea ✨: Empire of Storms 4 7 Mar 20, 2021 07:04AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass #5) by Sarah J. Maas - Restarting November 16th 2020 463 655 Nov 26, 2020 09:32AM
A Court of Dreams...: Empire of Storms 10 37 Nov 14, 2020 09:38AM
I am curious about everyone's favourite characters? 43 143 Oct 26, 2020 02:17AM

• A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire (Blood and Ash, #2)
  • From Blood and Ash (Blood and Ash, #1)
  • Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #2)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • Ruin and Rising (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #3)
  • Shadow and Bone (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #1)
  • The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
  • Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)
  • Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)
  • The ​Crown of Gilded Bones (Blood and Ash, #3)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • A Touch of Darkness (Hades & Persephone, #1)
  • How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories (The Folk of the Air, #3.5)
  • Blood & Honey (Serpent & Dove, #2)
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
  • Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked, #1)
See top shelves…
Sarah J. Maas is the #1 New York Times and internationally bestselling author of the Crescent City, A Court of Thorns and Roses, and the Throne of Glass series. Her books have sold more than twelve million copies and are published in thirty-seven languages. A New York native, Sarah lives in Philadelphia with her husband, son, and dog. To find out more, visit sarahjmaas.com or follow @therealsjmaas ...more

Throne of Glass (7 books)
  • Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
  • Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
  • Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3)
  • Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4)
  • Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6)
  • Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, #7)