Start by marking “Magic to the Bone (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress, #7)” as Want to Read:
Magic to the Bone (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress, #7)

Magic to the Bone

(The Twenty-Sided Sorceress #7)

Boss Fight: Samir! Roll for initiative...

Bruised, battered, but not even close to broken, Jade and her friends must reunite, and get ready to take out her psycho ex once and for all. Leveled up and wiser, Jade stands a chance this time.

As long as she takes out Samir BEFORE he turns into a god...

This is book seven in USA Today bestselling The Twenty-Sided Sorceress urban f
Published March 19th 2016 by Doomed Muse Press

✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
🎲 A Let's Play Dice with the Slightly Awesome Crow Sorceress Buddy Read (LPDwtSACSBR™) with the MacHalos of Mischief and Mayhem (aka M³) 🎲

And the moral of this reread is: the color of delicious vengeance? Why it’s purple. Obviously.

Okay, that’s not exactly what I had in mind, but hey, whatever floats your boat and stuff.

P.S. Looks like we’re not in bloody shrimping Kansas anymore, Toto. Ha. (view spoiler)

[Original review: April 2016]

❣❣ An Ode to My Girl Jade Crow ❣❣

My Girl Jad
Denisa
Kick ass and take screenshots! Love this quote

Yayyy, such an amazing series!
I will only write one review for all the books (sorry for my laziness, but ah well).

Where should I start?

Ok, so what I liked the most about these books was that they were all so fast-paced. There were no unnecessary actions, no useless side-plots, no extra pampering of any sorts. They were all so easy to read, it was impossible to put any of them down. I just couldn't stop 'til I finished the story, see the mystery sol
Ryan Mangrum
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
A fun read, but WAAAAY too short. The page count listed is nowhere close to accurate, it's not 222 pages, it's more like 120 pages if that.

Everything seemed a bit rushed:
From Jade's training with her father, her reunion with her friends, finding and developing a plan to take on Samir, even the fight with Samir, it was all too brief. I would have liked to have seen a lot more exposition and some of the supernatural community that ostracized Jade to maybe come around and realize she's not the bad
Anthea
May 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Slower paced than the previous

I swear to all things literary, can someone please spell and grammar check these bleeping books! One book fine, three books annoying, five books in and fire the publisher!
Ok rant over (until the next book probably!).
The story was slower to build than the previous, and then all hell broke loose in the last 15%ish. The EPIC fight scene was also over in a flash.
Onto the next we go...
Latricha
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another greet one

Sort of anticlimactic with the many books of build up to killing Simar but I’m guessing maybe his story isn’t over. Reading the next one now so hopefully the steam keeps a rollin along.
Soraya
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am going to rate the The Twenty-Sided Sorceress series as a whole rather then as individual books.

Jade Crow is a Native American woman and Sorceress with the worst ex-boyfriend on the planet. After running away from him, she and her band of merry shifter's battle it out to defeat her Sorcerer ex.

I have thus far enjoyed the series, they are fun quick reads. They don't have the depth of Illona Andrews's Kate Daniels series but they are written in a similar vein. Geeks and gamers will have fun
SM
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Miramira Endevall
Nov 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: own-e-book
This review is for the series so far: Fun popcorn read. Not quite as good as either Mercy Thompson or Jane Yellowrock, but better than True Blood. The thing I appreciate most about the series is that the long-lived sorceress (currently in her late 40's), and longer-lived were (in his 60's) are actually written like adults who don't subscribe to the "OMG he loves me/he loves me not" trope. They meet, lust, start dating, fall in love, and WORK THINGS OUT between them when the fight. Yaknow, like a ...more
Kaj Samuelsson
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book I have been waiting for, the final fight. And yes, it was good, but I had to steel myself as I thought it would be the last book in the series and I really like Jade Crow. However I found out that there is at least one more book to look forward to and I hope there will be more.
Anniken Haga
Finally, I have arrived! Not only because I've been re-reading the whole series now when I got my hands on this book, but also because it's been such a long wait. It's been frustrating seeing the book around on Kindle and such, but not on Audible, I'll admit, but oh well. Here we are!

So, what did I finally think of the book?
Well, it was a lot like the two previous books. Not really with any other plot than beating Samir, and Jade running around doing a lot of damage-control.
These last three b
Liz Etnyre
This is a review for both 6: Thicker Than Blood and 7: Magic to the Bone. It looks like the last 3 books (5, 6, and 7) need to be one book. The ending for 6 is better than 5, but still a cliffhanger. There is LOTS of repetitive angst on the main character's part (Yes, we know you are not sure you can stop/kill the bad guy. Yes, we know you are worried about your friends dying. Yes, we know you feel responsible for every death that has already happened. We do NOT need to remind us every couple of ...more
Leah Speller
Wow, the boss fight. We finally get there and then...it's over and seems like it was just a small ring of a triangle. I believe this was because it felt rushed. The reason for this I do not know. However, I do not feel that I have wasted any of my time with this series. In hindsight, I can say I would have liked to seen more depth in Alex's character for I felt that only the surface was touched about him. Not to mention about the Justice's as well.

Overall, I enjoyed this story arc and I hope th
HeyT
Dec 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books
Okay so I'm kind of glad I read all the installments up to this point in one go. It definitely makes the story feel less broken down into smaller pieces. That said I haven't really felt the shortness of the installments until this one. The epic showdown looms large in this one but I didn't feel all that satisfied by it. Everything happens so fast that I feel like I blinked and I missed what happened and then the installment was over. I still love the characters and the world but I wish there was ...more
Ezri K
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Was a great final in learning more of Jade's abilities and more on her in general. Most of the book deals with her learning and recouping from the last fight with Samir. She definitely grows as a person in this book. We also get to meet another character who could became another addition to the group.
Overall, great story and book. Highly recommend for those who have liked the story this far.
Selaya Morton
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Somebody else observed that these stories are novellas masquerading as novels. Although I enjoyed this "quickie" I do agree with that assessment. There was so much more that could have been explored - even though the ending was as expected. A couple more chapters would have gone a long way in the form of clarification. Ah, well, 7 down 1 to go.
M. Joseph Murphy
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very satisfying wrap up to a multi book story arch. the last chapter is a teeny bit rushed but the author does sn amazing job of wrapping up every story line while leaving us wanting more fro!m this world. ...more
Kim Switzer
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another really fun read. I did feel like the climax was rushed and a little too easy, especially because it was also the climax to the major story arc from the seven books. But, as always, I really enjoyed this story.
Lisa Shellhammer
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great series so far. Reads more like a tv series where each book has there own little problem and then it’s fixed at the end of the book. It wasn’t until book 7 were the major overlying issue is resolved.
Marie
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really, really liked this series. It has great characters, a good storyline and a very nice conclusion. Now I learnt that there is more to come, however. Let's see how that goes. I'm fairly content to leave them here at the end of book 7 but willing to let Mrs Bellet surprise me.
Pamela
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Seriously awesome series! This book was non-stop action & had me flying through the pages. I could honestly pick up book one & start reading all over again. Ms. Bellet created the perfect heroine in Jade Crow. This reads like it is the last book, but thankfully there is a book eight!
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic!!!! It had moments where it was suspenseful and very tense. Couple twists and turns like the rest of the books had me on the edge of me seat and hard to but down.. great ending!!!!
Angela
May 03, 2019 rated it liked it
So finally we have the fight with Samir and it's really a let down. The story was shorter and felt kind of rushed. I like it and I love Jade and her friends, but I felt like we had been building to something a little more awesome. Still will read any more that come out in the series!
Deborah
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was a good book. Overall I liked it. I didn't liked it that two of the main characters left with no say on when they would be back. I also didn't like that Jade didn't tell her friends the complete truth.
Mrgrush
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just bought book eight

But, because it's been a while I read books 1 though 7 again to set the stage. When I like books I read them over and over. mrg
Karsyn
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
The showdown was a tad short for my tastes, as was this whole book, but it flowed along as great as the rest and was quite enjoyable. I flew through it. Really fun series.
Jt
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Màgic to the Bone

Read the whole great series. I enjoyed it very much. On to Book 8. I don't think I need all the words necessary to leave this review.
Jackey  Weightman
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Jade Crow shows she is not an all-encompassing super hero and has flaws like everyone else. Samir really shouldn't have underestimated her grit and determination. Great series.
Hillary
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars! The gang's back together foe the boss fight! A super fun read if a teeny bit anti climactic.
Lorie
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The end of a story

But not the end. I liked reading the book. It was too short. There should be an omnibus . I recommend the author and the story.
Christina Blake
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Once again, if you disregard the various typos and grammar mistakes, this was another excellent book in this series. I am also glad to see that it is not the final book.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Red King (Wilde Justice #1)
  • The Children of the Sun (II AM Trilogy, #3)
  • Sinister Seraphim of Mine (Overworld Chronicles, #8)
  • Stealth Magic 401 (Hellkitten Chronicles, #4)
  • The Tower Must Fall
  • The Tunnel
  • Covenant (Sojourner, #2)
  • Cat's Night Out (The Federal Witch, #2.5)
  • With My Last Breath (The Bloodstone Saga, #3)
  • Love Lines (Love Lines, #1)
  • Abracadaver (Esther Diamond, #7)
  • Darkness Shatters (The Sensor, #5)
  • Stitched (Rylee Adamson, #8.5)
  • Agave Kiss (Corine Solomon, #5)
  • A Murder of Crones
  • Ties That Bind (The Spire Chronicles, #2)
  • Maggie Goes Medieval (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker #8)
  • Death and Relaxation (Ordinary Magic, #1)
Annie Bellet is a full-time speculative fiction writer. She holds a BA in English and a BA in Medieval Studies and thus can speak a smattering of useful languages such as Anglo-Saxon and Medieval Welsh.

Her books include Avarice (Pyrrh Considerable Crimes Division: Book 1), The Gryphonpike Chronicles series, and the Twenty-Sided Sorceress series.

Her interests besides writing include rock climbing,

The Twenty-Sided Sorceress (10 books)
  • Justice Calling (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress, #1)
  • Murder of Crows (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress, #2)
  • Pack of Lies (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress #3)
  • Hunting Season (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress, #4)
  • Heartache (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress #5)
  • Thicker Than Blood (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress #6)
  • Dungeon Crawl (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress, #8)
  • River of No Return (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress #9)
  • Balancing the Scales (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress, #10)
“Life, on Hardcore mode, she thought with a twinge of bleak humor. No do-overs. No save files. Harper” 1 likes
“It was true; nothing good happened to gamers in steam tunnels. “We” 0 likes