Start by marking “Certainly, Possibly, You (Sucre Coeur, #2)” as Want to Read:
Certainly, Possibly, You (Sucre Coeur, #2)

Certainly, Possibly, You

(Sucre Coeur #2)

Sarita Sengupta is in her last semester of grad school and has finally realized she doesn’t have a career plan, a girlfriend, or a clear outlook on life. She works as a pastry shop’s head decorator, but is otherwise drifting without direction until a friend’s birthday party ends with her waking up in surprise next to Maritza Quiñones, a pretty ballroom dancer whose cheerfu ...more
Published October 6th 2016 by Interlude Press

To ask other readers questions about Certainly, Possibly, You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Certainly, Possibly, You

Start your review of Certainly, Possibly, You (Sucre Coeur, #2)
lov2laf
"Certainly, Possibly, You" is the second book in a series that revolves around characters that work at a bakery called 'Sucre Coeur'. The first and third book focus on a M/M relationship while this one was F/F.

Being that I didn't read the other books in the series, yes, I'd consider this a standalone. There's certainly reference to the events in book one but it wasn't integral to the plot in this story.

On the whole, I found this to be an okay read that left me with more of a blasé feel. This is
The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears
The Awesome:

1. The cover. Given publishing's criminal penchant for whitewashing as well as the dearth of high quality stock photos featuring PoC, and given the erasure of darker skinned Indian characters due to their own problems with colorism, this cover is all kinds of YES!!! She's gorgeous and I support any publisher/author who is willing to put PoC front and center.

2. Sarita and Maritza. Queer PoC couples are rare in books which makes no sense. #Representationmatters and it's past time LGBTQ
Skye Kilaen
THANK GOODNESS for this falling-in-love story between two women of color who just like each other SO MUCH. I'm surprised more people don't know about it, because I see people wanting more and diverse F/F all the time!

Sarita Sengupta, a lesbian Bengali-American philosophy grad student who works as a bakery decorator, wakes up after a party surprised that she's in bed with near-stranger Maritza Quiñones, a bisexual Puerto Rican ballroom dancer who works at a pizza place. They were so drunk they pa
Ami
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ff-romance
I am in love with Lissa Reed's writing style as well as the people introduced in Definitely, Maybe, Yours that I immediately jumped into this second book (PS: I actually won this book on giveaway two years ago!). I mean, I couldn't WAIT to read about Sarita and her love interest.

Guess what, I loved this better than book #1!! Go figure! *laugh*. I mean, I loved Craig but I was slightly frustrated with Alex there. In this book, however, I thought both Sarita and Maritza to be ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE t
Aleksandra
Before we start I just want to say I'm heart-broken that this book and me didn't click. I wanted it so bad.

Certainly, Possibly, You is NA romance about Sarita and Maritza falling in love and figuring their life. Sarita is an Indian-American, a lesbian, a philosophy post-grade and cake decorator. She's a bit lost in the world, not sure if getting a philosophy PhD is what she wants to do. Maritza is Latinx ballroom dance, she's ambitious, driven and she's preparing for big audition is crucial poin
Rafa Brewster
Oct 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Reviewed for Just Love
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest opinion.

Let me start by saying that I did not read this book under ideal circumstances. All told, it took me two weeks from start to finish; partly because I didn’t have much free time, but also because this book simply did not call to me after a long day. Overall, it was a well-written book but there were a few things that kept me from giving it a higher rating.

Right off the bat, there was a minor incident of unexplained biphobia
Misty Fritz
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was going to try to make this eloquent, because the book deserves it, but that’s not working so well, so instead, here’s a list of things you’ll get to enjoy if you read Certainly, Possibly, You, the second delightful book in the Sucre Coeur series by Lissa Reed:
- a hilarious, relatable opening scene;
- two vivacious leading ladies: Sarita, a philosophy grad student and head decorator at a bakery, and Maritza, a star ballroom dancer in the making;
- guest appearances by Craig and Alex (and Fitz!
C.B. Lee
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely delicious. Wonderful rom-com feel from the very start with incredible leading ladies, falling in love, dealing with vengeful exes, meddling family members and well-intended friends, Sarita and Maritza fall in love and find happily ever after despite it all.

Reed does it so well with incredible, relatable leads in Maritza and Sarita; wonderful, amazing people whose ambitions and personal lives are difficult to navigate, but they meet in the most adorable meet-cute morning-after scenario
Suzey Ingold
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lissa Reed, the way I see it, specialises in something that I happen to love: smooshy, heart-warming, tummy-swooshing, romance. And this follow up to her gloriously wonderful Definitely, Maybe, Yours is no exception to that. It's a joy to read, with a cast of characters that you'll fast want to be best friends with. Add to that some genuinely heart-felt struggles and scenes, and you have yourself a pretty perfect novel to curl up with on a cool wintery evening. ...more
Lilyvandersteen
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've been looking forward to this book ever since I finished "Definitely, Maybe, Yours". Loved that book, hated that it ended WAY before I was ready to say goodbye to the characters. So I was thrilled to finally get to dive into the Sucre Coeur world again, and this newest installment in the series totally topped my expectations :-)

As last time, Lissa Reed fills the story to the brim with vibrant characters that jump straight off the page, and I don't mean just the protagonists. I love Devesh an
Rachel Leigh
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Gah, but I loved this book. It's light and fun and sexy, but still with enough emotional heft to make me want to punch the villain's lights out. I'm a pretty equal-opportunity reader when it comes to romance (m/m, f/f, m/f, or what you will), but in terms of storytelling, I know what I love. I appreciate characters that unquestionably themselves, a plot with unstoppable momentum, sparkling chemistry, and enough complexity to allow even the worst villain to remain recognizably human. This is why ...more
Gia
Actual rating, 3.5 stars for me. I like this series and the characters all around, but with Certainly, Possibly, Yours I became too bothered with one secondary character's involvement with Mari and Sarita's story :/ and for me it seemed to take away from this adorable, sweet, and sexy budding romance over the constant reminder that Mari's mistaken hook-up with her ballroom dancing partner, Nicky, was the worst idea ever.

I mean everyone kept bring it up. On top of that, it seemed to shout over t
Pene Henson
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh boy I read this whole novel with a smile. I want to live in this universe and know these humans. Even when there were difficulties and conflict, and there were some, the writing is full of bubbling hope and the characters are charming. It’s so easy to see why these women delight one another.

Ms. Reed does a number of things extraordinarily well. The immediate bright chemistry between the leads, the romcom with its tangles and humour and circumstance. And the characterization. The whole world
Shelly Cerullo
Nov 04, 2017 rated it liked it
It’s frustrating that Nicky made this book so unpleasant to read, because the romance was ADORABLE and Maritza and Sarita already had so much interesting (and not unpleasant to read) things going on in their lives. Would have been a solid 4 otherwise.
Carol
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtqia, read-2019
CERTAINLY, POSSIBLY, YOUR (Sucre Coeur #2)

• ⭐️: 4,0/5

💬: Sarita is a woman working part time as the head decorator at a baker while she finishes her PhD on philosophy. Maritza is a ballroom dancer that while she trains for the next competition, she works at a pizzeria. These both women meet and sparks fly!
While dealing with family drama, an horrible dance partner and future of a relationship...Sarita and Maritza need to be open about their fears and problems. Communication is everything and a
Molly Lolly
Dec 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Original review on Molly Lolly
Three and a half stars!
I adored the first half of this book. Like give-it-all0the-stars-in-the-history-of-stars level of adoration. The way Sarita and Maritza meet, the way they dance around each other and fall into this sorta kinda relationship but not because they are both intensely busy. But they make the time and enjoy each other. And everyone is rooting for them and you just WANT them to make it because it’ll make life happy forever and ever if they do. You can
Annie ~ Queer Books Unbound
Reviewed for From Top to Bottom Reviews.

I got a copy of this book from the publisher in return of an honest review.

Certainly, Possibly, You starts with Sarita being surprised by a stranger the morning after she partied a tiny bit too hard. ;)
Turns out the "stranger" is Mari. Someone she met the night before and took home with her. I really loved that scene and was instantly "in the story". Such a first meeting, or well more like a meet again. But still, so cute; I was smiling like a fool the who
Kim
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was thinking of giving a 4.5 stars, but after giving some thought, I have to give it a 4 stars.
I mean this book is adorable. There is a lot of chemistry between the two ladies, Sarita and Maritza, with just the right amount of angst. The friendship and family relationship is also well written buutttttt......
....
The reason it lost a whole star is because there is a biphobia scene(??? this is questionable i supposed) near the beginning of the story (view spoiler)
Lauren
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Sweetest Sequel

Certainly, Possibly, You was everything I could have hoped for as a follow up to its delightful predecessor. The characters are bright, funny, and relatable, the drama is engaging and exciting, and Sarita and Mari's relationship kept my heart in all varying degrees of squigy feelings. Overall, everything you could ever want or hope for in a romance novel, CPY delivers.
Xan West
DNF at 55%

There is sexual harassment throughout the story. It escalates at 50% though, and I am not up for reading that right now. I may pick it up again later.

Trigger warnings (view spoiler)
Az
Oct 07, 2016 added it
I’ve been a fan of Lissa’s work long before I knew she was writing them; I just knew the writing was amazing and I loved to revisit the stories whenever I could. Then she started writing the Sucre Coeur series and I begged her to let me read Definitely, Maybe, Yours because I knew it would be fantastic and it was. I loved the characters and the story and the world she created within that book. I wanted more and we’re blessed that Lissa has obliged and wrote this one.

I was given a sneak peek at i
Angela
Aug 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, lgbt, 2017
I like Ms Reed's writing style, and this book is not different.
It started out fun, with a not quite successful, because too drunk to do anything, one night stand resulting in dating. But it happened quickly and the ending was too predictable. So a nice summer read, but not as special as I hoped it would be.
Cynthia
Feb 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: qr
Cute for the most part, mercifully lacking of insta-love, but ultimately trite in its conflict and resolution, with an unrealistic and unhealthy HEA, which could have been corrected with minor changes like the length of their relationship. On top of this, the ethnic diversity feels very perfunctory and reduced to a few words and food (not that it's the worst I've seen, but that didn't help).
Molli Moran
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet

This was so lovely. *happy sigh* Warm and real and intense at times, but mostly, just two girls falling in love and dealing with life. Not too angsty, a good pace and flow. Super cute.
Bitterblue
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ff
Cute and fun.

It's the second in the series, but it can be read on its own too.
H
Jul 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Like eating carrots. Healthy? Sure! Satisfying? Not so much.
Alysia Constantine
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Sucre Coeur series, which revolves around the lives of the folks who work at the Sucre Coeur bakery. While DEFINITELY, MAYBE YOURS focused on the get-together of bakery manager and debonair British feller Craig Oliver with photographer Alex Scheff (a friend of-friend-of- guy), CERTAINLY tells the story of bakery assistant Sarita (who’s friends with Craig) and ballroom dancer Maritza (who’s friends with Alex).

Maritza’s on her way up the dancy-pants ladder; she and h
Michelle
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story centers around two people who meet and in a short time start to get serious about each other.Sarita and Maritza are introduced by friends at a party and from that night on take it one day at a time.Each have busy lives and things that they must do but they find inbetween times to see each other.Important information is held back to help protect the time they have together and feelings get hurt when it is revealed by a different source.It takes people close to them to get them back tog ...more
Joyfully Jay
Oct 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

Certainly, Possibly, You is the follow up to Definitely, Maybe, Yours, but can be enjoyed as a stand alone. I enjoyed that first book both due to the characters and the writing style and was looking forward to being back in that world. The book opens with two characters that are smart and sassy and their initial meet up scene was quite entertaining. After that, this book dragged for me and kept spiraling downward with each secondary plotline that was introduced.

• Fragile Remedy
  • Dear John (screenplay)
  • To the Moon and Back
  • The Scent of Rome
  • Love On My Mind (Shades of Love, #1)
  • Something to Talk About
  • The Lady's Guide to Celestial Mechanics (Feminine Pursuits, #1)
  • A Hero's Tale (When Women Were Warriors,  #3)
  • The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl
  • The Last Song: Music from the Motion Picture Soundtrack
  • Missing, Presumed Dead
  • Queen of Coin and Whispers
  • Ship of Smoke and Steel (The Wells of Sorcery, #1)
  • Beautiful Dreamer
  • Living
  • Must Love Chickens
  • Mason Jar Crafts for Kids: More Than 25 Cool, Crafty Projects to Make for Your Friends, Your Family, and Yourself!
  • Northern Lights (Compass, #1)

Sucre Coeur (3 books)
  • Definitely, Maybe, Yours (Sucre Coeur #1)
  • Absolutely, Almost, Perfect (Sucre Coeur, #3)