Start by marking “Super Awkward” as Want to Read:
Super Awkward

Super Awkward

(Awkward #1)

I, Bella Fisher, am absolutely WINNING at FAILING at life.
1. I once got my tongue stuck to a box of Calippos in a supermarket.
2. I accidentally called my geography teacher Mum. Twice. He wasn't impressed.
3. I'm a geek. And not in a geek-chic kind of way, but in a secretly-caring-about-failing-maths-and-science way.
4. I always fail maths and science.

So it figures that
Published September 1st 2016 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Super Awkward, please sign up.
Sophie A year late but hey! I'm almost certain that truly madly awkward is the second book ! Hope I helped :)
Valerie
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Maddie
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ukya
The cringe was real, but I loved every second of it. Thank goodness there are two more books in the series because I need to be in Bella Fisher's life again!
Sophie
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher. This in no way impacted on my view.

This book would have been perfect for me, when I was younger, and, you know, actually a teenager. In it, Bella, a 15 year old, has accepted that her life is 'super awkward'. When she should be at her best friend's birthday party, that they've been planning for months, her mam drags her off to a caravan park, in Wales. She thinks her life has ended. When her annoying ex-boyf texts her a picture of him kissing
Leah
Sep 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-read-2016
Super Awkward is THAT book I wish I had when I was a teenager. I was not a good teenager, and it’s so good that there’s more books out there that show that being awkward is okay, and being a geek is okay, in fact call me biased but I’d ALWAYS rather be an awkward geek. #REPRESENT Super Awkward is perfect for Geek Girl fans, The It Girl fans, for anyone who likes a quick, warm read that will make you laugh your back off (a lack off?????).

My only issue with the book (except for a few messy wrong w
Büşra Köprü
Kitabı tek bir kelimeyle anlatacak olsaydım, herkes gibi ben de şu kelimeyi seçerdim: "cringe"

Bella on altı yaşında, ergenliğin tüm özelliklerini bünyesinde barındıran ve iliklerine kadar yaşayan bir kızdır. Eski sevgilisi ile yaşadığı anlaşmazlıklar sonucu ortaya bir yalan atar, yalan dallanıp budaklanır, rezillikler diz boyunu aşar, her şey ortaya çıkar falan filan. Biraz Confessions of a Shopaholic biraz da Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging karışımı bir kurgusu vardı. Esas karakterin Fisher
Stacey (prettybooks)
Super Awkward was the perfect book to kick off Project Destroy Stacey's Reading Slump. 15-year-old Bella Fisher is a not-so-academic rendition of one of my favourite funny protagonists in YA, Harriet Manners: geeky, witty and awkward, but failing maths and science spectacularly. She's been cruelly taken by her family to Wales instead of to her best friend's house party. (*admits that as an adult she'd much rather go to Wales*). Bella's even more of a grumpy pants when her ex-boyfriend sends a ph ...more
Luna
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I’m pretty sure Super Awkward is going to make it onto the permanent list of books I recommend. Already loosing count on how many people I’ve told they need to read Super Awkward, and it’s only been a short while.

Bella Fisher is a relatable narrator who made me laugh, giggle and actually side-stich loose it on more than one occasion. I’m just leaving the clue: classroom / art / desk.

If Super Awkward wasn’t written so well and Bella not the character she is, then this book would have a real dange
Claire  (Jst1MoreChapter)
I'd give this a respectable 3.5 stars, but I'd warn anyone thinking about reading this that it's quite immature, but not necessarily in a bad way... this was really funny and very relatable from a teenaged girls perspective, but it was a tad too young for me...
I actually liked the characters, the scanrios play through a lot if issues that any of us at that age can relate to, although it is way OTT
Sophie
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun, easy and charming.

Full review to come.
KatieBookQueen
Sep 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor, 2016-reviews, cute, ukya
Super Awkward starts with fifteen-year-old Bella going on a holiday to Wales with her mum and older sister Jo. Whilst she’s there (having the Worst™ time ever) she meets Zac. When he says that he is seventeen, Bella tells a little white lie about her own age. As Zac and her lies catch up with her after she’s back at home, she tries to navigate the mess that is her life.

This book made me feel sixteen again and it spoke to my own super awkward heart. Everyone will be able to relate in some way to
Zarina
Sep 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Review first published on my blog: http://www.pagetostagereviews.com/201...

Super Awkward focuses on teenager Bella Fisher who has all the problems any other girl her age has – school, friends, boyfriends – with the added issue that she is super awkward and so she always ends up in the most embarrassing situations possible. This is especially evident when it comes to the boy part of the teen problems...

Of course Bella is wearing a giant arrow made out of cereal boxes (representing none other than
Rose Turner
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favourites
OMG! Welcome to the new queen of books Beth Garrod, I'm am soooo happy my parents got me this book for Christmas as I'd had it on my list for forever (well ever since i heard about it and read the blurb) anyways! I love this book it was so funny and super relatable and the writing was absolutley phenomenal this is now one of my favourite books ever. At times I felt this book was my auto biography and as soon as I finished I knew my friends just HAD to read it (as should anyone and everyone on go ...more
Esther
Sep 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not only has this book made me relive too many cringeworthy childhood antics ( and old crushes) but at least now at the age of 32, (thanks to Bella Fisher) I can look back and laugh.
This is a great teen book which hooks you from the get-go and makes you genuinely laugh out loud.
But what I also like, are the nuggets of wisdom it drops - like being truthful even when it hurts, and the importance of friendships.
Great debut from the author! Can easily see this being made into a film in the coming
Jim From YAYeahYeah
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In a year with some superb YA contemporary fun reads, this is maybe the only one with has made me laugh on literally every page! Bella is a hilarious MC and I love her relationship with her 2 best friends, while the romantic aspects are really well-handled too. Additionally, much of it is set in school and the scenes here felt especially vivid and true to life. An awesome debut; definitely hoping for more from Beth Garrod and Bella in the future!
♛Abby • thecourtofreading
I read this book a while ago, and for me it just seemed really strange and prolonging. I didn’t really find it enjoyable but rather annoying. It’s funny, yes, but it wasn’t my type of book and I don’t think I’ll be reading the second one
Salwa Al Khatib
Jan 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I probably would've related more to the book two or three years ago, but it was still amusing to read. I also liked how the ending was a little unexpected.
Marco Esteves
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the most hilarious and heartwarming story I've ever read.
Kat
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've had this out my library for over a year and just never got around to it, they wouldn't let me renew it without taking it back so it was next on my tbr. why did I wait so long? this was really good. It makes you blush and think omg you didn't just do that. I enjoyed it so much that I'm going to read truly madly awkward next.
Amy Jane Alice
Aug 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Our main character Bella was hilarious. I found myself relating to a lot of scenarios that she found herself in, particularly the family trip to Wales and her mum having a cardboard cut out of a member of Abba in the bathroom (my dad had cardboard cut outs of Star Wars characters in the living room and I’m fairly certain that Darth Vader is still in the loft)! Having such a relatable character meant that I could breeze through the story quite quickly, feeling invested in Bella’s journey and what ...more
Maria Gabriela
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Super Awkward is a book that tries to be super cool but is also at times super confusing.

It all starts with a girl named Bella who is considered weird and tries to become an ordinary person because she has fallen in love with a boy named Zac. She tries to be someone who is not herself, just for him to like her. She changes the way she looks, how she acts, and tries to get lower grades to be cooler, but everything results the opposite way..

What makes the book interesting and fun is the main char
15ReynoldsG
May 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I quite liked this book. However it was quite immature.... which some people might quite like. It was an easy book to read and no hard language. It is fun to read as the characters and the situations in the book are very relatable. It will make you laugh and cry, give this book a go you may or may not like it!
Jourie
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
(I may sound extremely judgemental and rude when describing this book and I really don't mean it. I appreciate any author's effort in writing books but this really didn't live up to my expectations at all and I am very dissapointed.)

I picked up this book in a school book fair and read the blurb. I really didn't find any other book that I wanted to buy so I decided to get this one. And oh my god do I regret it!! I read the first few pages and hated it. It didn't make sense, sounds like it has bee
Amalee Renee
Sep 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: library-book
I found this book really hard to get into, the fact that I was without glasses for the majority of the time reading this book didn't help. Also the extensive use of things in brackets that were three lines, I did find a bit confusing.
The storyline was actually really lovely even though it had a really happy ending, not that I don't love happy endings, but you could tell from early on how it would end (very predictable).
Some of the characters weren't explained very well at the beginning like the
Jayde Dorland
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
(4.5 stars) Okay, so even though I'm probably a bit older than the age range for this book. It took me back to a time that almost made me feel like this book was my biography. People who are 'super awkward' will relate and love this book so much! I laughed and cringed and laughed and cringed again!

Bella is such a lovable character as well that's it's just such an easy read. I'm not giving it five stars just because I wished a certain little detail turned out differently but it was still amazeba
Lowri
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's funny, crazy, wild and gripping! I love this book I could read it forever it's soooooo good! If you love that teenage ( growing up and discovering what life is really like ) sort of book, this is the one for you! I could relate to this book at times too! If you are that person that ends up in awkward situations this is definitely the book for you! It has a few twists and turns but I think this is a book everyone will love 😌
Colette Rimmer
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An amazing book Beth Garrod has put together, shows us the awkwardness of the life the character has. I found myself often nodding my head in agreement with some of the cliché moments we've all tried and failed in an awkward mess. Hoping there'll be a second!
Andrew Johnston
Nov 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Promised a lot but delivered partially. Great in bits, but surely no-ones life is that chaotic? Well written, Garrod has a great turn of phrase and I reckon she may have an absolute corking tale in her.
Danni
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bella could probably be my not-so-real person that I'm telepathic with.

Is that a thing?
Eh.

But it's so good, I highly recommend to anyone who gains happiness from reading other people's awkwardness!
AJ Mac
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Try hard, not funny
Malak_Atwi
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was SO FUNNY!! If it weren't that funny, I don't think I would've rated it five stars. But this book was so fun and hilarious!!
Damla
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great sense of humour. I loved the journey of Bella. Wish I had read it in my childhood. :)
  • Second Best Friend
  • Air (Blue #2)
  • Fashion Assassin (Jessica Cole: Model Spy, #2)
  • This Beats Perfect (This Beats Perfect #1)
  • Indigo Donut
  • My Box-Shaped Heart
  • Deep Water
  • Keep the Faith (Faith, #2)
  • The Baby
  • Diary of a Mall Girl
  • Countless
  • Songs About A Boy (Songs About A Girl, #3)
  • Love Bomb (Ladybirds, #2)
  • One Silver Summer

Awkward (3 books)
  • Access All Awkward
  • Truly Madly Awkward
“He likes girls on bikes, I like boys with guitars.” 1 likes
“Luke is the sort of boy Taylor Swift could at least three songs out of.” 1 likes