Start by marking “Your Name, In Fire” as Want to Read:
Your Name, In Fire

Your Name, In Fire

(Vampire Geek Cycle #1)

Alternate Cover Edition: B01CF7VQV2

Connor Black doesn't believe in the supernatural, and that's about to bite him in the ass.

Connor's life gets interesting when a new writer joins his video game studio. Sparks fly; Wendy is pretty, intelligent, and definitely into Connor—but careful never to reveal much about herself.

And before long, Connor has his own secrets to worry
Kindle Edition
Published March 19th 2016 (first published March 15th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Your Name, In Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Name, In Fire

Catherine ♡
*Thank you to the author for giving me a free e-copy to review!*

Actual Rating: 4.5

I can't believe it was Kera Emory's first book - Your Name, In Fire was amazingly organized, amazing thought-out, and simply just amazingly written.

What I really loved about the relationship between Wendy and Connor was that it was not insta-love, it was insta-attraction.

I'd like to interject here and point out the difference, since just recently I got into a slight squabble with someone about another book where
Sherry Fundin
Your Name, In Fire by Kera Emory is a fresh approach to the tried and true vampire tale, with the horror not being slasher bright but haunting, lurking, subtle, insidious, keeping the suspense at a high level.

To see more visit fundinmental
Samuel  Flanigan
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
First book

This was the author's first book and was a great foundation. At times it moved a little slow but overall was a great book. Wonderful story line as well.
Big Book Theory
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved being immersed in the world of gaming. Their jobs weren't just mentioned briefly, the majority of the story happens at their place of work so I actually feel as if I have learned behind-the-scenes things about the gaming world which interested me and fascinated me. I love learning new things from fiction stories. Throughout the story, you get hints of the paranormal aspects - like little breadcrumbs - sunglasses, eating habits, etc. until the end, which was a good ending. The tension in ...more
William Howe
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Different

More of a slow burn romance / murder mystery than regular urban fantasy. Most of the book is quite mundane. It also skips most of the vampire tropes.

I really liked this. Connor felt very real as a character. The supporting cast was solid and varied without resorting to cardboard stereotypes. Francis, the antagonist, was a little thin, but it didn't harm the story.

I am going to go buy the next book right now. And I will pay full price, not borrow.
Christopher Sparks
Geek meets vampire

I am a geek who likes vampire stories. The characters resonated with me. In all honesty I think the reactions of Connor make perfect sense. The author has woven a fictional tale that sounds almost plausible in the modern day. I loved it!
Kathy
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a fun book, and so unexpected to find a gem like this in with vampires and video games!
Please see my full review here:

Peggy
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Different and good.

This is different from therapies stories. I like the way the story is told mostly through a re-telling. I will buy other books in this series once I am caught up on my other Kindle books.
Jeff Cadoff
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read with some very interesting twists.

Nerds as heroes in a well constructed story. The characters are realistic and fun. I recommend this to paranormal fans.
Cianna Sunshine & Mountains Book Reviews

I read the blurb for this book, and had to grab it. Emory is a New-To-Me author, but after reading her debut book, I will be following her a lot more closely! Fantastic first book!

This book combines a bit of paranormal, with a bit of urban fantasy and a whole lot of geekiness and video game love, which is wonderful. It really has an awesome flow to it, and kept me flipping pages when I really had other things to do. She arranged this story in such a great way that there's a bit of tension and s
Matthew Steinhoff
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I haven't dipped my toes into the vampire mythos since 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'. Not really my thing. Fortunately, there is so much more in this book. I'm somewhat confused as to the genre: geeky paranormal suspense romance? Whatever. I loved the book.

The gamer/tech personalities are delightfully spot-on with a richness even those on the periphery of the industry will appreciate. The world in which this story takes place resonates and tickles my nostalgia bits. The details are delivered at 120
Jordan
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Really unique book in a saturated vampire market.

Despite being very central to the theme the vampire aspects were kept fairly subdued for most of the book and yet Kera Emory made fantastic use of pulling the theme back into the reader's face at all the right moments, for example subtle hints about one of the characters eating habits through speech and through the main character's own observations even though he himself thought nothing of it.

Characterisation in this book was wonderful; being a h
Kay Camden
Apr 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Many of my favorite fantasies are slow burns, books firmly rooted in a world that feels so very real that when the fantasy elements are introduced a bit at a time they feel just as real as everything else. While reading, I'll forget it's fiction because the details and characterization are so well-drawn and accurate that it reads more like...real life? A memoir? I don't know, but this book is exactly that authentic.

Kera Emory either lives and breathes geek/video game/computer nerd culture or she
Steven Klassen
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I saw a review by another author that I've enjoyed (L.T. Vargus) and thought I'd give this one a shot. With most vampire books you're up to your eyeballs in blood and fangs by the second page. This one maintained a promise of something wicked this way coming but let the story unfold gradually, letting you really invest in the characters. The story moves back and forth in time which usually feels awkward but the author handles the transitions smoothly, avoiding the disorientation. Sprinkle in som ...more
Jan
Get ready for really intense suspense that will knock your sox off!
Connor is the ultimate nerd doing a dream job. A new programmer joins the staff, and they do more than click. But then things get weird and dangerous, even involving his sister. It's too hard to hint without spoilers, so forget that idea. What you really want to know is that it is cohesively written with lots of action, suspense, and plot twists, and that the characters are engaging and believable. And that you really ought to ge
L.T. Vargus
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Funny, sweet, and full of suspense.

This is not just "good for a new author" good. This book is GOOD good.

It's full of endearing characters: Connor, the adorable nerd. Wendy, the new girl with secrets. Not to mention the wide range of supporting characters. Liza Jane with her snarky 'tude is probably my favorite. Even the villain, while not likable per se, is something new -- or at least something I haven't seen 1000 times before.

The cleverly structured plot is built for maximum suspense. It's s
Carol
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was filled with so much to love. Mystery, romance, some supernatural shenanigans...What more could you want? (Except possibly a sequel!) Beautifully and cleverly written. Lots of humor to ease the peril. This author is as adept at writing those sweet, lump-in-the-throat moments as she is the heart-pounding fearful ones. Can't believe this clever effort is her first book. Looking forward to reading many, many more in the years to come!
Mike
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. The characters are believable and the writing was great.
I do not know much about releasing a major game program, but all of the details sure sound correct. I do remember playing some of the games that Connor and Wendy talk about, so that was cool.
I hope that there will be another book about these characters, as I like them and don't want them to go away.
Thank you for this story.
Jan Harvey
Disappointing start great finish

The cover pulled me in but I'm afraid I did not enjoy this as much as I hoped too. I found it long-winded until I reached the 60% mark. The story then took off and held my attention and the writer had me glued to the end. I did like the happy ending which is unusual for a vampire story
Linda
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Fun tastic Read!

Just in time for Halloween, mix a geeky gaming company, a lot of unique characters, and a storyline that's a totally new take on things that feed off blood, and mix in a little romance and some tongue in cheek humor, and you get a read that's impossible to put Down! Now I gotta wait for the next book?! Noooooooo!Yes!
Damon Hatton
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome vampire story!

Not your typical vamp story by far! Incredibly well written and extremely engaging take on vampires! Highly recommended for anyone looking for a good story with lots of geek culture references!
Anita Hargreaves
Surprisingly good

For a free Amazon book, I put off reading another vampire book, especially with a computer gaming background and I was gripped twists and at one point didn't know if it was going th o be a happy ending or not
Phanessa Sansbury
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
loved this book! fast passed and enjoyable, fun characters make this a must summer read. it appealed to the nerd in me and I loved that it takes place near my hometown!
Bookworm52732
Aug 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Looking forward to the next book, Your Name, In Blood.
Roman
rated it did not like it
Aug 05, 2017
Sep 07, 2016
Angela Dossett
Mar 30, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Books For Your Shelf: * Book of the Month: Your Name, In Fire by Kera Emory 20 15 Feb 14, 2017 02:34AM

Vampire Geek Cycle (2 books)
  • Your Name, In Blood (Vampire Geek Cycle, #2)
“I’ve considered buying a gun. The idea keeps coming to mind even though I know guns are useless for my problem. Some intrinsic American reflex, I guess. I'd probably just shoot the pizza guy by mistake. I still have my katana, but unfortunately I can’t take it grocery shopping.” 0 likes
“I’m careful with my online activity. Tech-gadget reviews, video game industry sites, couple of podcasts. The reviews for Realm of Morelock are glowing, especially with regards to the writing of the game’s central storyline. But I stay off social media, and I never search the web or Wikipedia for anything weird. Just for instance, I have never once typed the word ‘vampire’ into a web browser.” 0 likes