Start by marking “Along Came the Rain” as Want to Read:
Along Came the Rain

Read Book

Along Came the Rain

Wynn Larimer would be the first to admit she has a bad memory and that lately it's been getting worse. But that doesn't explain how she has ended up in jail, accused of kidnapping two teenage foster kids. Now she's in the fight of her life to clear her name. Her burning question: who has framed her and why?
Wynn's partner, Barker, is hanging by an emotional thread. Not only
Published April 15th 2016 by Sapphire Books

To ask other readers questions about Along Came the Rain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Along Came the Rain

Start your review of Along Came the Rain
Diane Wallace
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
'NetGalley ARC provided by The Publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review'

**Good writers are those who keep the language efficient.That is to say,keep it accurate,keep it clear'
Perceptive story!
If anyone ask what is the meaning of the title this book cover then i would really let them know that there is no content or concept just an extension of so much crazy stuff going that readers will never be disappointed with the plot twist or the storyline because there is so much depth plus anoth
sue
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
A powerfully written book with so much in. It knocks you sideways that’s for sure.

I can’t write anything than what’s already been spoken about in other reviews in case of giving the plot away.
I want to write so much.....
But you need to go in blind.

Brilliant read. Been glued to it all day.
Agirlcandream
Apr 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley

Well that was fun.

Wynn Larimer loves making gourmet meals, designing jewellery and is dealing with what she fears is increasing memory loss. Her partner Barker is a social worker with a heavy caseload and is concerned about Wynn's inability to remember simple basics, like walking the dogs and remembering dinner invitations.

When Wynn is thrown in jail accused of kidnapping two foster kids under Barker's supervision the reader is left wondering how can this slightly confused older woman be involve
Caitlin
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Started off really strong but fell apart in my opinion. Not a plausible explanation for everything, a few pretty major plot holes and an over the top ending.
Nicki
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wynn Larimer has a very bad memory and lately it has been getting worse but that can't have anything to do with why she has been arrested and accused of kidnapping two teenage girls who are foster children.As she starts to try and clear her name she discovers that she has been set up,but by who and why?.

Wynn`s partner Barker is a social worker and the two kidnapped girls just happen to be her clients so on top of her fear for the girls safety she also has the added worry about Wynn`s problems wi
Darla Baker
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book is different. This is book will have book club members in deep discussions. Readers will have strong opinions. Some will love it. Others will not. But I doubt anyone will have a moderate opinion. It takes you to the edge of the cliff of the "willing suspension of disbelief" hanging on by fingernails you're grateful exist.

I really liked it. The entire time I was reading the book I was imagining all sorts of possible outcomes, none of which turned out to be accurate. I was completel
Christine Close
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Five Stars; f/f mystery

I was sent this book by Inked Rainbow Reads in exchange for an honest review.

This novel totally drew me in, it amazed me, it scared me and it made me think.

Although at times I found this a very difficult subject to read about Ms Solomon handled this controversial subject in a very astute way.

I was completely amazed when the perpetrator was revealed having accepted, with regret, the misjudged and first likely suspect. This was a real credit to the authors creative writing
Carol Douglas
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don't read many suspense novels, but I found this exciting. It's well written and truly suspenseful.

It starts out with Wynn, a sixtyish lesbian jewelry designer, being arrested and having no idea why. The police finally say that it's for kidnapping. She's astounded.

Her partner, Barker, is supportive, but complains about Wynn's memory problems.

Wynn has been set up. But who set her up, and why? Is she developing dementia?

This book is especially meaningful for older women readers.
Megan
Aug 29, 2016 added it
Shelves: lesbian-mystery
Many factors are considered in reviewing books, but here are two that I consider highly. First, is the subject matter important? Two shining examples of important books are Katherine V. Forrest’s The Beverly Malibu, which goes into detail about how the McCarthy Era ruined the lives of so many people in the 1950s, and The Torrid Zone, which, more than any other lesbian mystery novel, chronicles the Wimmen’s Land Movement of the 1970s. Both should be in any Top 20 list of lesbian mysteries. Bottom ...more
Amy
May 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: lesbian-fiction
I received a copy of this book from Inked Rainbow Reads in return for an honest review.
I'm not even sure where to go first. I'll start with the format. I've only recently started liking first person povs. I think it's more difficult for me to get into a book where 'I' am the character and not just following along beside the character. I know that is a personal preference. There are many people who absolutely love first person. My problem in this book is the head jumping. I believe there are a to
Velvet Lounger
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: general, mystery, suspense
Along Came the Rain is an unusual book from page one. It is not an easy read, it’s not an easy story, yet it pulls you along with some inexorable force and keeps you tied to the chair until you finish.

Wynn is a middle-aged jewellery maker with a flaky memory and a ditzy personality who forgets to walk the dogs and put the diner on. Barker is her long suffering social work partner, frustrated by her forgetfulness and concerned with the growing signs of memory loss. When two of Barker’s 15 year-ol
Bella Reads and Reviews
This is a suspense-filled story told from the points of view of two major characters, Wynn and Barker, and two additional characters, Parminder and Kallie. Wynn is an older woman, a self-employed jewelry-maker who is somewhat eccentric and quirky; Barker is a social worker and the younger woman in this domestic partnership. Parminder is an intern working under Barker, and Kallie is a fifteen-year-old foster placement of Barker’s.

A kidnapping with an unusual motive is the basis of the story, whic
A.W.
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Wynn Larimer is arrested for kidnapping two teenage girls but she's innocent. Things don't help her because she has a poor memory but she knows she's been set up but not who and why.

I couldn't quite get into the book as much as I would have liked. Perhaps it was because of the constant change of POVs and time-hopping. There wasn't much romance as it was more a mystery novel.

I must admit I was quite surprised finding out who did it but I felt the delivery could've been better. I thought that cert
Donna
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Wow what a book! This book was amazing, great story with plenty of twists. Had me engrossed from the first page right up until the last. You think you know someone and then something happens and you realise you have been living with a complete stranger! A must read! I was given a digital copy of this book via Netgalley in return for an honest unbiased review.
Tina Williams
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Twists and turns a plenty ~ 4 sand a half stars
There’s twists and turns a plenty in this page turning psychological thriller from Alison R. Solomon. It is the author’s debut novel and she has done an excellent job in creating a suspenseful read which kept me on my toes and guessing until the end.
Wynn is shocked when she is accused of kidnapping two teenage foster children. There is no question of her innocence in her own mind. However, when the police produce a series of evidence which points to
Andromeda
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jen
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
** I received a copy of this book for free through a Goodreads giveaway. **

This was a very enjoyable mystery with a few good twists that caught even me offguard! I enjoyed the characters and the relationships, although I would have like a bit more from the teenagers POV. The build-up was well done and the story moved along just quickly enough. I did notice a few minor grammatical/editing errors but these did not disrupt the story and I found them easy enough to ignore. All in all, this was a wel
Ocean .
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Wonderful Story!

Wynn is accused of a crime she didn’t commit, well, yes, she did, sort of, but not really. It’s complicated. It’s the complication I enjoyed and the mystery of trying to figure out, “who done it and why”.

Skillfully written using first person, multiple POV’s, I loved experiencing what was happening from different character’s POV. A wonderful story with believable, likable characters that tastefully treads through some delicate subject matters. Well done Alison!
Rebecca
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult
This was a murder/who done it in a serious tone - it has a lot of adult content, lesbian lifestyle to warn some who might prefer not to read . But it is a good story, to me it was the perfect travel companion on the bus.. kept me thinking about what had happened , what didnt seem right, and the twist in the ending.
Patricia L.
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

Beautifully written with well developed characters and plot. There were twists and turns that brought many surprises and gasps. The ending was fabulous but I’m still trying to figure out Barker’s agenda. I unequivocally recommend this work and any others from this author. A very good read. Thank you. Peace
Maz Tucker
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really different but good

This is a really different lesbian book. No big romance, it is ready well written and has a great way of telling you the story.
Anne
Jul 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: lesfic
I couldn't warm to this book. I think the random timeline might be to help us share in Wynn's confusion but I didn't get it and just found the jumping about irritating at times. I didn't identify particularly well with any of the lead characters which makes reading a first person point of view difficult. There is some beautiful writing in here and the overall plot is sound but the book just didn't resonate with me.

i was given copy of this book by Netgalley in return for an honest review.
Rhonda
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Quick, entertaining page turner. Fun read.
Mary
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I rarely give books 5 stars but the way Solomon crafted a shifty, twisted, keep you guessing, "OMG, SHE DID NOT!!" story will definately keep you engaged and flipping the pages.
Heather Henkel
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just wow

That was an interesting story with twists I didn't expect. Well worth a read. It dealt with topics like dementia in ways I had not considered.
Katie Andy
rated it it was ok
Jun 25, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »

• 200 Hours
  • Warrior 3.0 (Contact Book 3)
  • As Far As It Takes
  • A Woman Complete
  • Beyond Repair
  • The Startling Inaccuracy of the First Impression
  • The Adventurers
  • Girl Love Happens: G&T Lesbian Romance Box Set (Girl Love Happens, Seasons #0-2)
  • Wild Hearts
  • French Lessons
  • The Ghost of a Chance
  • Drawn to You
  • Alpha
  • Cross My Heart
  • The Thousand Mile Love Story
  • Falling for Hope (The Hope Stories Collection)
  • For the Love of Indiana
  • A Soldier First (Contact Book 2)
Alison grew up in England and lived in Israel and Mexico before settling in the USA. Despite being the proud holder of three passports, she is not on any national or international Wanted list.

Alison’s short stories have been published in the USA and Mexico. As a former clinical social worker, she has presented at conferences worldwide and been published in academic textbooks, anthologies, professi