Start by marking “Dial L for Lynda (Linda & Lynda Detective Agency, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dial L for Lynda (Linda & Lynda Detective Agency, #1)

Dial L for Lynda (Linda & Lynda Detective Agency #1)

4.65  ·  Rating details ·  37 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Despite their economic and social differences, Addison Allen and Harley James have been inseparable since sixth grade. But when Harley is arrested for the murder of her ex-boss, prison bars threaten to be the one thing that finally comes between them.

The body left on Harley’s doorstep proves to be too problematic for even Addison’s enormous bank account, forcing the duo t
Published May 1st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Dial L for Lynda, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dial L for Lynda

Sophia
Apr 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Girlfriend Power! Murder! And let the mayhem commence!

This was a fun, quirky, cozy mystery with a load of humor and some teasing romance tossed in for good measure. I had a good time reading this lighter story that was a team writing effort though don't ask me who wrote what since it was seamless from my perspective.

Addison Allen and Harley James have been best buds since childhood along with Addison's brother who also happens to be Harley's not so secret crush. The friendship wasn't supposed to
Inishowen Cailín
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Dial L For Lynda had me laughing out loud. Addison and Harley are in their early twenties and their youth is reflected in their sharp, sassy, and hilarious dialogue. They certainly know how to turn a serious situation into an act of comedy.
In addition to the abundance of humour, there is a very good murder mystery behind it all. Harley's life is on the line as she is considered the main suspect. Having little faith that the police will capture the real killer, Addison and Harley take it upon the
gretchen
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, arc, lol, favorites
I have so much to say!!

So, first of all... I am not certain I would classify this as a cozy mystery, as it does have some "edge" (cussing, talk of sex) to it but either way I absolutely LOVED it!!

Addison and Harley are best friends and they cannot be more different! While they both find their way into trouble Addison looks for it and it seems to find Harley. Addison was snooty and fiercely loyal and Harley was meek and seemed sad but it was perfect for her character. I loved their dialogue and
Sophia Holt
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have been following one of these authors (Tracey Jane Jackson) for sometime now, read a lot of her books, so when she approached me to read this book...i was like HECK YEAH!! and it definitely DID NOT disappoint. (i am disappointed that i have to wait for book two though...hahahaha but whats new, when you love a book so much)

Two Best Friends, since they were in 6th grade, coming from very different backgrounds, have remained friends ever since.
A body turns up on one of Harley's door step...an
Roslyn McFarland
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Everything I love in a mystery!
This book has it all: Investigating a murder, Romance, and a ton of Hi-Larious interpersonal interactions.
These two besties couldn't be more different, but their dedication to each other and discovering the truth sets up a fantastically funny, yet dangerous, ride that I didn't want to get off.
Can't wait to see how much more trouble they can get into in future books!!
Pamela Horstman
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was surprised when I read this book started it and finished it in one night We all want a friend like Harley and Ashley. There isn't anything they wouldn't do for each other and that is where the trouble starts. What would you do for your best friend? Looking for fun, laughter, tears and love of a good friend? Dial L for Lynda.
Kimgill
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. It has a little bit of everything , intrigue , mystery , a little romance , friendship , and lots if humor .. I could not put it down.. A must read for 2016. Way to go Tracey and Amanda.
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm not normally a fan of reading books written by more than one author. But these two pulled it off. It was smoothly written and fun and the friendship between the two main characters, awesome.
Carrie Lahain
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
* I received a copy of this book in return for a fair review.

Best friends turn detectives when one is arrested for the murder of her boss.

Having read a lot of Tracey Jane Jackson's work, I was excited to learn that she was collaborating with Amanda Washington and branching into a new genre. DIAL L FOR LYNDA is a funny, sexy, well-plotted mystery. It might seem surprising to find wealthy, stylish Addison Allen's best friend since childhood is a financially-strapped girl from the wrong side of the
Stephenee
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
* I received an ebook in exchange for an honest review. *

Author Tracey Jane Jackson has been one of my favorite authors for awhile now (I love her Cauld Ane series and Civil War Bride Series) and author Amanda Washington is a new to me author but one that I am glad got together to co-write this amazing book together! This is a different genre for Jackson, but one that she has no trouble jumping right into and creating a 5 star read of. I loved the style of writing, the banter between friends and
Brenda
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tracey Jane Jackson has sent many books to me for review, they were all very quite different from this book! I was reading her Civil War Time Travel books. This book couldn't be more different. She and her friend/co-author Amanda Washington have written a book that is really funny! Addison and her friend Harley get themselves into quite a few problems as they work on Harley being arrested for the murder of her ex-boss. The writing is seamless from one author to the other. The characters in the b ...more
Sheila
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**** I received an ARC from the authors in exchange for an honest review *****
5 Hilarious stars

If you are looking for a murder mystery then you are in for a ride with this one.
‘Dial L for Lynda’ is a hilariously entertaining fast paced book that would leave you in stiches at the antics of best friends Addison and Harley, as they try to prove Harley’s innocence after she is being framed for murder.

You can’t help but fall in love with the main characters. Addison, trust fund socialite, no nonsense
Sandra Lopez
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Welcome to Linda and Lynda Detective Agency! Actually, they’re not really an agency, but they’re some pretty fine sleuths.

Harley and Addison are two of a kind, best friends since 6th grade. Harley is a beauty with a heart of gold and Addison is a spunky chick with a gun. The origin behind “Lynda” and the reason Addison uses it was interesting.

On the day that Harley gets fired from her job, she and Addison have a girl’s night out. The next day Harley is arrested for murder. What!? But the best pa
Trudy Dowling
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tracey Jane Jackson and Amanda Washington are both great writers. Together they are mind blowing. Dial L for Lynda is absolutely hilarious--tears falling, stomach aching hilarious.
I will forever be grateful for the chance to read Dial L for Lynda before its release. I was laughing so hard my son and husband kept interrupting wanting to know why. I can't believe how many funny situations I highlighted. I can't wait for release day, so I can share the laughs with my family.
Addison and Harley
Betty
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was a gift from the author for an honest review and I'm so glad I got it!!!
Addison Allen is a gorgeous, rich and has such a snarky humor. Harley James is Addison's best friend and have been since the 6th grade even though Harley was a scholarship kid. Addison has a brother, Asher, who is a handsome and kind skilled attorney. All three of them have been there for each other all through the years.

Harley gets into trouble and what she and Addison do to find the real culprit is so hilariou
Jamie Salisbury
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Dial L For Lynda! It was the perfect read at the perfect time. I don't think I've laughed while reading a book in ages!
Tracy Jackson and Amanda Washington have a unique talent of being able to seamlessly co-write, and I can't wait for more.
A murder mystery manages to involve two best friends. Besties who couldn't be more different. I loved the dialogue between them. Addison, the snarky in your face friend. Harley, down on her luck, sad young woman, who I can see coming into he
NicoleG
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dial L for Lynda is a fabulous debut novel in the Linda and Lynda Detective series! Addison and Harley are best friends and would do anything for each other. When Harley is accused of murdering her lecherous ex boss, it's up to Addison (and her hunky lawyer brother) to help prove she's innocent! It doesn't hurt that the detective on the case has the hots for Addison!
This novel was lots of fun to read since the 2 main characters are hilarious and will keep you laughing. That said, there's a susp
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book; this is the first book in the Linda & Lynda Detective Agency series by Tracey Jane Jackson and Amanda Washington. Addison Allen and Harley James have been inseparable since sixth grade. When Harley is arrested for the murder of her ex-boss, prison bars threaten to separate them for the first time. They put their sleuthing skills to the test to find the real killer and to prove Harley’s innocence. If you are looking for a great book, then you need to read this book. I am ...more
Arlene Downey
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Two friends find the killer

Harley and Addison have been friends for years. Harley gets fired from her job, the girls go out on the town, and the cops arrest her the next morning for the murder of her ex boss.

They figure out what is going on, find two very sexy men, and find a new career!

The main characters are fun, smart and easy to like!
Monica
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
hilarious!!! wonderful job by both authors! it was so good! funny, exciting! I loved how the characters are so REAL! like watching a t.v. show but also real life! I can't wait for more! there has to be more! :D
Kim E Russell
Dial L for Lynda

I loved this book & I hope there will be more to come from these two best friends it kept my interest from start to finish
Martha Kelly
May 31, 2017
Tracey Jackson
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Caitlynn R Clevenger
Virginia Sutton
Apr 16, 2016
Ann Brogger
Aug 05, 2017

Linda & Lynda Detective Agency (2 books)
  • Throw Linda from the Train (Linda & Lynda Detective Agency, #2)