Start by marking “The Secret (The Evolution of Sin, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Secret (The Evolution of Sin, #2)

The Secret

(The Evolution of Sin Trilogy #2)

Is it possible to keep a life-changing secret from your family and friends when it is burning you alive from the inside out?

One week.

It didn’t seem possible that a person could change in one week yet after only seven days spent with the mysterious Frenchman in Los Cabos, Mexico, Giselle was moving to New York City a changed woman. Confident, sexy and in charge, Elle is r
ebook
Published May 16th 2016 by Self-published

To ask other readers questions about The Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret

Nikki ღ Navareus
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Nikki ღ Navareus by: “Human”

***FIVE STARS***
The first story The Affair was smoking hot and the sex was incredible, but I truly didn't feel the connection between Sinclair and Elle the way I wanted to. I definitely felt it in this one though. This had all the same smoking hot sex, with way more turbulent feelings and drama. This story was fabulous. Onto The Consequence.
Wil Loves Books!
Jun 30, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

This was another fast read. And it was definitely better than the first part. I can’t deny I’m intrigued by the story and I desperately want to see how it ends. I will say again that this book desperately needs an editor, heck even a good beta could’ve spotted all these continuity problems and inconsistencies this story has. I’m very picky with my books, I just am, and I’m highly bothered by authors not being able to keep their story straight, and this one is a perfect example.

In this o
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4.5 Stars *****

Cannot be read as a standalone.

This book is super sexy! Now... if you hate stories about cheating, you probably won't enjoy this. If you love angst and forbidden romances, you'll probably love this!

Giselle and Sinclair fight a forbidden attraction. An attraction that can damage other bonds and promises made in the past.

Powerless and hungry, they fall into sin together.

I couldn't get enough of this story. I found the scenes absolutely delicious.

I'm diving into the next b
London
What a weak doormat of a heroine. Absolutely pathetic in the way she allowed herself to be treated and how she kept chasing him and allowing herself to be treated like shit.

In one breath the hero tells her that, yes, he did indeed fuck her sister the night before and then proceeds to ask her to go fishing with him. Are you kidding me? I cannot stand reading about a pathetic weak heroine with no self respect. The hero doesn’t even grovel on his hands and knees after everything he puts her through
Wendy
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jun-16
Wow! This book is scorching hot!
The Secret, by Giana Darling, is the second book in her "The Evolution Of Sin Trilogy".
After only seven days spent with a mysterious Frenchman in Mexico, Giselle moved to New York City a changed woman. Out of her shell, self-confident and sexy Elle is ready to begin her career as an artist and reunite with her family.
Saddened at the thought of not seeing her French lover again she was quite surprised when he shows up in her mother's kitchen and she discovers jus
Serena
HOLY SHIT! I FINISHED THE SECRET AT 4:30 am. You guys. I needed to take breathers while reading this. I had to walk away, but yet I didn't want to stop. I wanted to smash something. BUT, MY GOD did this book make me FEEL. I want to cry as I type this. Giana made me into a crazy person reading this. BUT OH MY JESUS I LOVED this story so much. I cannot even write a real review right now!! This is not my real one!! I don't even know how I can do this story justice!!

THIS IS A MUST READ and on my TO
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡
“No one has ever made me feel so safe and so inspired to push past my comfort zone. He was handsome and intelligent and just remote enough to make him seem mysterious.” I laughed at myself and shrugged. “So, obviously, I fell in love with him.”

I thought I experienced having my heartstrings pulled at enough with The Affair, but reading The Secret amplified my already erratic emotions tenfold. While the former almost romanticised the notion of having an affair, the latter depicts the harshness
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Book Review For: The Secret by Giana Darling Note: Possible Spoiler.
'The Secret" by Giana Darling is book two in "The Evolution of Sin" Trilogy. This book continues the story of Giselle "Elle" and Sinclair "Daniel" after they both have returned from Mexico. This book picks up where the first book " The Affair" ended. So I think to get the full enjoyment of this series it would be better to read the first book too. With that said, I will say that Ms. Darling writes so well that you can make this
Michell Hall casper
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Did that just happen?!?! *picks jaw off floor* I did not see that coming at all!!! A fellow reader told me I needed to read this series and I am so glad I listened to her. I literally could not put it down. This book was filled with so much angst and anticipation. And left me questioning my moral compass. LOL!!!!! Because I was so cheering for Sin and Elle. I can't wait to see how this all comes to an end.
Dora Koutsoukou
After 40% dnf
I hoped to find a level of maturity in the main characters as well as of decisiveness!
Linda
Five not so secret stars for "The Secret" the second book in Giana Darling's ,Evolution of Sin series!

I am absolutely enthralled and in love with this series! I never thought I would find myself rooting for the cheating couple , but sure enough I found myself doing just that more and more intensely as the story unravelled.
Elle ( Giselle ) Moore met Daniel Sinclair on the way to Cabo San Lucas. And chose to have a holiday affair with him, so thing so far out of her norm to be scandelous ,but it
Claypot_Reads -  Michelle
I don't even know what to say. This book. These two characters. I am hooked. It's 3am and I have just finished this story. I have cried, raged, laughed and just about combusted. Sinclair is one of the hottest, most believable dominant characters I have read and I have a major crush. Talk about a complicated love story. Okay off to binge book 3. Sleep is for the weak.
Di Covey
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-bad-romance
Motherfuck.

My heart was pounding from start to finish with this one. I KNEW IT! It feels like I've been through a lifetime already with this book, but I knew the twist that was awaiting when the holiday was over. I don't wanna spoil for anyone. But it made the forbidden even more so. Ahhhhhh! My stomach and heart and all my vital organs are begging for an HEA. I feel like the consequence is gonna kill me before I find peace. But I can't not read the conclusion. I need to start asap. I'm loving t
Mandie
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All I have to say about this book is WOW! I was totally not expecting this book. Holy helll! It was captivating and intense, and I couldn’t put it down. I can’t wait to finish book three of this series!
V💜Greedy~Thirst~For~Forbidden🖤
The story in book two is full of angst and suspense, it gets better and better. I enjoyed how both Sin and Elle fight for what should be right and what they really want and despite the fact I can’t stand Elena I appreciate how Giselle doesn’t use it as a free pass to take what she wants.
I think the author is really good and describing the evolution of the relationship between the two main characters thus giving the reader the time to adjust and understand why these two acted and continue to act
Monique
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

Update: Full review is liiiiiiiive

Giana! Girl, you better be furiously writing the next book because you can't leave me hanging like that!

I loved The Affair and I wasn't sure if a sequel would work but holy shit did it ever. While the first book romanticised the affair, this one sees Elle and Sin having to deal with the reality of their indiscretion. Karma is a straight up bitch sometimes!
Cat Imb || The Reading Cat ||
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Actual rating : 4.5

Oh my! What a book! Whew! So much happening psychologically with the characters in this one. They are battling themselves and their morality. What is right? What is wrong? What is meant to be? And what is not? All questions that this book revolves around.

There are so many emotions in this book. My heart was racing the entire time. Angst and anticipation are the main ones. Will anyone find out their secret? Will what happened in Mexico stay in Mexico?

Giana Darling has a talen
Book Addicted Shanna
The story continues...

This is the continuation of Giselle and Sinclair’s story from The Affair.

In book 2, Elle and Sin have to deal with the realities of their decisions. This books is filled with angst, anticipation, and forbidden longing.

This story had me questioning my long held morals and rooting for a HEA for Elle and Sin.

A heart-wrenchingly beautiful continuation.

On to The Consequence!
Shyralf
5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Stars! Reread. OMG this book is so good. So forbidden. Sinclair and Giselle are perfect together. I love how they are trying hard to resist each other and failing, that’s fun to read. They have such great chemistry. If you like forbidden reads don’t miss out on this series. It’s like crack, very addictive to read I couldn’t put it down. ...more
Giana Darling
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
The Secret (The Evolution Of Sin #2) is LIVE!

This chapter of Giselle and Sinclair's love story gets to the crux of my original inspiration for the series. It's not an 'easy' read. There is a sh*t ton of angst, moral dilemmas and heartbreak but in the end, I think love is all the stronger for the obstacles it has to face and overcome.
Book Boyfriend Whoarder Mari
Put a fork in me, I’m DONE!

Let’s uhhh start by saying that I’m currently still swimming from the aftermath of this book, The Secret. What a secret it is!

I wasn’t sure how this was going to play out originally. I did figure out that Darling was Elena from the very beginning. That didn’t bother me, I found some comfort knowing where this was headed. What I wasn’t prepared was for all this rawness.

Their chemistry just seems to bloom more, page by page. It’s electrifying. It’s blinding. It’s beauti
Effie
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s been a long time since I’ve read a book in one sitting.
I just couldn’t wait to see what unfolded after the affair. I feel like my moral compass has been invaded by all my impure thoughts but I’m absolutely so thrilled at the movement of this storyline

This tale has consumed my mind. It just flows perfectly like the poetic seduction Sinclair has reserved for his Siren. You feel like your in a vortex of so much betrayal and hurt but a love like this is worth fighting for and I sooooo want the
Phyl
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was sad to think Giselle would never see her Frenchmen again. However once she discovers who his darling is, well things get complicated very quickly. Unfortunately no more will be said as not to spoil it is called The Secret after all.
Elizarey
Mar 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars!!

I lovved The Secret I really enjoyed it! I was excited to get it started and to know how Sinclair and Giselle didn't know each other. The cliffhanger from the first book really had me on edge. This book had a little more secrecy and mystery! The flow between the two books was very natural and realistic.

To me it definitely seems realistic that Giselle and Sinclair didn't know of each other, the fact that Elle and Elena aren't close at all make is very believable and they also hadn't se
Stacey
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing

So here I was scrolling through the teasers on my FB page when I came across one for "The Secret (The Evolution of Sin Book #2)" that had been posted by none other than, Giana Darling herself! Well after a brief exchange and some squealing ( I may also have done a happy dance) on my part, it showed up on my iPad! I have read "The Affair" and fell in love with the story of Elle and Sinclair, and of course was left hanging at the end of it! "The Secret" picks up just where "The Affair" ends and El
JMV
May 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: author-review
Received from the author for a honest review. Talk about leaving you hanging....
Elle is finally heading home from her vacation, ready to reunite with her family. Ready to let go of her "holiday affair". Everyone is happy to be together, maybe even her sister Elena. (Even with her cutting remarks.). Everything feels like they will be good in New York, until Giselle meets Elena's boyfriend, her beautiful secret Sinclair.
This story takes through Giselle's thoughts and conflicts while trying to sta
Cindy M. Green
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
THIS SERIES IS F A B U L O U S!!!

The journey between Sinclair and Giselle continues, you will not be disappointed. The need to know the outcome for these two was all consuming!

The chemistry between these two is extremely hot, all consuming and erotic. However, it's not just about their sexual connection. Sinclair and Giselle seem to connect on deeper level than they ever could have imagined. I loved their journey, it was easy to fall into their world and never want to leave. The only problem is
Elizabeth
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
crazy hot series
Myla
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Some Like It Hot!: тeaѕer тυeѕday~ The Secret 1 12 Jun 14, 2016 05:55PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please change book cover 6 29 Apr 18, 2016 11:40PM
  • Saving Rain (Rain Trilogy, #1)
  • Compulsive Fascinations (Compulsions, #2)
  • Irons (Norfolk, #1)
  • Tie Me Down
  • Revealing Ruby (Bound and Determined #1.5)
  • Erotic Fairy Tales: The Complete Box Set: Red & Wolfe, Hansel, and Beast
  • Captured (Captured by the Billionaire, #2)
  • Fierce Salon: Wash: Season One, Episodes 1-5
  • He's So Fine
  • Dad's Royal Buddy
  • Nudes (Exposed, #1)
  • Breaking Grace
  • The Goodbye Girl (Red Market, #2)
  • Intensity (The Path to Serenity, #1)
  • Impossible Choice (The Unchecked Series, #2)
  • Too Fast For Hope (Steel Veins MC, #3)
  • Hide Your Crazy (Like A Lady, #2)
  • Shattered (The Shattered Saga, #1)
Giana Darling is a Top 40 Amazon Best Selling Canadian romance writer who specializes in the taboo and angsty side of love and romance. She currently lives in beautiful British Columbia where she spends time riding on the back of her man’s bike, baking pies, and reading snuggled up with her cat Persephone.

She loves to hear from readers so please contact her at gianadarling@gmail.com if you have a

The Evolution of Sin Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Affair (The Evolution of Sin Trilogy, #1)
  • The Consequence (The Evolution of Sin, #3)
“Ah the city.” Cosima tugged my hand. “She won’t welcome you, bambina, but I promise you, in time you’ll come to love her.” I sighed and rested my head against” 0 likes
“Ah the city.” Cosima tugged my hand. “She won’t welcome you, bambina, but I promise you, in time you’ll come to love her.” 0 likes