Start by marking “Perilous Love (Changes on the Horizon, #1)” as Want to Read:
Perilous Love (Changes on the Horizon, #1)

Perilous Love (Changes on the Horizon #1)

Edana is an Elven Druid princess whose world was sent spiraling out of control three years ago, shortly after her Awakening. She has spent her days since, training, and biding her time, waiting to exact her revenge on those responsible. That time is now.

Faudron, our hero, has been contracted by the kingdom of Dun Felmar, to track down and destroy the threat in the Forsaken
Kindle Edition
Published April 21st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Perilous Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perilous Love

Brendy
Ok so let’s start with saying…. Apparently I’m not into elves story…unless it has some great action all over it, and I’m happy to say that this surely HAD a great adrenaline twist close to the end.

So let’s see.

Edana

She is an elf…but just not any elf she is the princess of the kingdom of elves!!! So of course she is well educated and all but… u wanna know the real Edana?

Yeah! She’s just my kind of girl… girl power up!!

And after a tragic event,(which I will not tell you, 'cause not a fan of spo
Atlanta Whitlock
Apr 20, 2016 Atlanta Whitlock rated it it was amazing
All I ever want to do is be able to help out the authors by writing up reviews and by sharing the word about them, they do such an amazing job by creating all these stories. I received an arc copy of this book by the author as long as I posted an honest review about it, and after reading it I seriously loved it. There has only been one other book that has been able to completely thrown me off guard and made me literally shout out load when reading, but the fact that this book has managed to do i ...more
ACSquared Book Blog
Apr 13, 2016 ACSquared Book Blog rated it it was amazing
I had never read a fantasy type romance before, I had only ever read paranormal, so I was pretty excited for Perilous Love. I was lucky enough to beta read for JA, so I got to see a little more of the process. Edana is a character that makes you want to be her. She's beautiful, strong, fierce and loyal and everything you would want to be in a person. And Faudron, he seems to be everything you might want as an equal companion. They both have such strength and wisdom that they are captivating, esp ...more
Sherry Neeley
Aug 10, 2016 Sherry Neeley rated it really liked it
This was the first book that I've read by J.A and I was not disappointed and all. I will definitely be read other books and genres by him now. I can't wait to grab book two to this so that I can continue along the journey with these characters. This book is about an Elven Druid Princess named Edana. She lives a simply innocent life with her mother and father and is beyond happy when she has her awakening (coming into her powers). One day while they are outside the protective barrier of their lan ...more
Leanne 2GirlsWhoLoveBooks
Jun 06, 2016 Leanne 2GirlsWhoLoveBooks rated it really liked it
So, this is a generous 4 star rating because really, I'm thinking its more along the 3.5 mark but then 3 stars looks stingey.

I was really rather surprised by this book. I've never anything by JA Essen before and I've had a run of so-so books lately, all from a different genre. Perilous Love caught my eye while browsing for a "get me out of my book funk" book.

Slowly slowly catchy monkey... for the first, I don't know, 30% I was a bit confused. Maybe it was that dreaded funk playing tricks on me b
Crystal Wilke
Mar 30, 2016 Crystal Wilke rated it it was amazing
I was given the opportunity to read Perilous Love as an ARC and OMG, I am so lucky that J.A. Essen allowed me to. I do not really read shift changing/magic/elve stories but I wanted to explore more books and Perilous Love has opened my eyes. I had a couple of *Gasp* moments because I did not see that coming.  The description through out the book was awesome. You do not want to miss out on Edana and Faudron's story. With this being my first shift changing/magic/elve story, I LOVED it! Another gre ...more
MillsyLovesBooks
Apr 22, 2016 MillsyLovesBooks rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to be asked to Beta read this novel for JA Essen, and I'm so happy I was privileged and received an Arc Copy!
I've read a few fantasy books before and I'm glad to add Perilous Love to my collection and this is first time Author for me but won't be the last.
Edana is an elven Princess from Robor. She is of age and is Awakening. One night changes everything when her mother is killed by a human hunting party. After the loss of her mother. All Edana wants is revenge and prepares fo
Retta Weaver
Apr 18, 2016 Retta Weaver rated it really liked it
I was one of the beta readers for this book. It is a completely different style then what I have read prior from this author. It is interesting to see his personal style of writing meld into this particular genre. There are two very strong, independent lead characters in this book. The way they are thrown together and able to see past what others have said to become an amazing couple is unique. I have read quite a few fantasy style novels while they are not at the top of my list of things I part ...more
Sharon
Apr 22, 2016 Sharon rated it really liked it
Perilous Love by JA Essen

This is my first book by JA Essen and fantasy is not my first choice of genre, but I thought I would give it a shot.

The story is about Edana who is an Elven Druid princess and after the death of her mother at the hands of humans she secretly takes steps to kill those responsible. Faudron, a hunter is sent to attack the beast that has been killing in the Forsaken Woods. When he tracks the beast it turns out to be Edana and he is unable to complete his task of killing her,
Renee
Apr 19, 2016 Renee rated it really liked it
Shelves: dual-pov
This book isn't a book I would normally read, but I am so glad I did!!!

Edana is the only child, princess and heir to the Elf people of Rodor. When she turns 15 her mother, the queen, begins teaching her about her magical abilities. When tragedy strikes she swears revenge on the people who have destroyed her.

Three years later, Faudron, a huntsman who has been hired by King Nathair to slay the vicious creature that has been killing his people. However he soon discovers that the creature is not w
Stacey Broadbent
Apr 20, 2016 Stacey Broadbent rated it really liked it
I don't often read fantasy novels, but this one had my attention straight away. I have always been impressed by anyone who can create an entire world and language, I can't even begin to imagine how long that would take! I don't know that I would have the patience!

Edana is an Elven princess, who on the day of her Awakening, witnesses the death of a loved one. Her training begins this day, as she prepares to avenge them.
Faudron is warrior. He is commissioned to seek and destroy the terrifying mons
Jessica Martell
Mar 24, 2016 Jessica Martell rated it it was amazing
I was one of the lucky ones to get to Beta read this book.
And lets just say, I was amazed. I truly enjoyed reading this story.
It flows perfectly.
Edana is astounding. With her Lavender hair and pointy ears.
She is a beautiful creature. And then comes Faudron rugged handsome stranger.
Will she be able to let that slide and fall for his pulchritudinous? Or will she take her revenge?
I was truly taken back by the whole magical aspect of the story, it was incredible.
I totally recommend this book! It
Louise
Mar 23, 2016 Louise rated it it was amazing
This was nothing like any of the books I have read about elves.
Things escalated quickly between Edana and Faudron for the moment he realized what he did.
Edana losing her mom the way she did was heart breaking. In her quest for revenge, she ends up meeting Faudron. For me it was like I could feel the chemistry brewing between them. Faudron is taken back by the sheer beauty lying in front of him. When he learns what she is doing and why, he agrees to help, only to get mixed up in a mess.
This bo
Cheryl Woods-lucero
May 01, 2016 Cheryl Woods-lucero rated it it was amazing
In exchange for supplying n honest review, I was given a copy of Perilous Love. Perilous Love by J,A, Essen is correctly titled. The story of Edana an Elven princess and Faudron a hunter. Edana is on a quest to kill the humans that killed her mother. Faudron is hired to kill the beast that is hunting and killing humans in the Forsaken Woods. They “meet” when Faudron attenpts to kill the beast. When he tracks down the wounded beast he finds Edana and their story begins. They are hunted by both h ...more
Kay
Apr 05, 2016 Kay rated it really liked it
Edana is the daughter of the Elf King Brennus. When Edana and her mother are in the forest so Edana can practice her shifting, her mother is killed by the men of the human King.
Faudron is a huntsman hired by King Nathair to kill the beast the is terrorizing and killing his men.
When Faidron finds the beast is actually Edana he finds he has a strange feeling of protectiveness over her before he knows who she is. Edana finds she has an attraction to the human but they can't help themselves.
This
MaRanda
Apr 22, 2016 MaRanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first elf story and my first JA Essen story. I'm blown away on both accounts.

I wasn't sure what to expect, but fell in love with this story. I hope we get more of these characters in another story. A continuation of Edana and Faudron or other characters in the story.

Edana is a princess in the elven kingdom. Faudron is a human hunter. I always say how much I hate spoilers, so I won't give you any.

I'm not spoiling anything by telling you, however, that this story is full of suspense
Brittney
Mar 24, 2016 Brittney rated it it was amazing
Perilous Love is the first fantasy romance I have ever read and I couldn't be more happy with my decision! J.A. Essen does an AMAZING job painting a picture of a world unknown and sucking you right to the middle of it!! Edana is a beautiful elf that has her world flipped upside down right in front of her eyes. When the human world starts to fall apart, the handsome Faudron is called in to save the day. What happens when these two worlds collide in an uncirumstantial situation?! Perilous Love is ...more
Laura Watson
Apr 15, 2016 Laura Watson rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
This was only my second fantasy type book, I read the blurb and saw the cover and am I ever glad I did. I fell in love with this book right away. The characters captivated me form the beginning and I did not want to put the book down. the writing was exceptional and well thought out. I would recommend this book. I look forward to reading more from J. A Essen in the future.
megan wykle
Mar 31, 2016 megan wykle rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing and unique story. Edana is an elven princess hell bent on avenging her mother's murder. Faudron is a human sent to stop her. Combustible chemistry and a fierce love ignite an amazing story. The characters were so realistic that they literally pulled you into this story and their world. I can't wait to see what is next.

I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
Angel Lee
Mar 31, 2016 Angel Lee rated it it was amazing
Edana is an Elven Druid princess, and Faudron, our hero. This fantasy romance is well written, and paints a beautiful picture of their world. This story has really nice flow, and a great storyline. Edana has her world turned up side down, and what happens after is revenge, true love, drama! I was given this book as an ARC but LOVED LOVED the story ! A must read if you enjoy fantasy romance.
Lynzi Nguyen
Apr 20, 2016 Lynzi Nguyen rated it really liked it
To be blunt, I am so shocked I liked this book as much as I did. It is unlike anything else I have read. I am so glad I took another chance on this author and read this book. I was kind of iffy, but I loved it. I was worried about not being able to understand the terminology, but it wasn't a problem. I can't wait for more of this story and this unforbidden love.
Linda
Apr 21, 2016 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perilous Love is an outstanding read, a magical fantasy romance. I love Edana and Faudron. This story has everything - love, betrayal, smokin' hot sex, and heroic adventure in a fantasy world. I can't say enough about what a great entertaining, sexy, funny story this is. I loved it.
Meloney Ballew
Apr 04, 2016 Meloney Ballew rated it it was amazing
I haven't read many Fantasy Romance books. I loved this one. JA gave us wonderful discriptions so your able to follow the story of Elevn Princess Edana and her quest to avenge her mother's death. There's a lot of twists and turns your not expecting. Great story. Look forward to more from JA Essen.
Tammy Becraft
Apr 14, 2016 Tammy Becraft rated it it was amazing
This was the first time I had read a book quite like this so I was excited to check it out and it paid off big time. I can not wait till the next book. Story line was amazing. Kept me engaged the entire time. Job well done.
Laura Mchale
Five stars

Really enjoyed this book. Looking forward to other books by this author in the future. Definitely worth reading and will be recommending to others too.
Josie
Josie rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2016
Kim Cuvelier
Kim Cuvelier rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2016
paul curtis
paul curtis rated it really liked it
May 14, 2016
Danielle Brass
Danielle Brass rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2016

Changes on the Horizon (2 books)
  • Saving Robor (Changes on the Horizon, # 2)