Start by marking “Like a Boss (Like a Boss, #1)” as Want to Read:
Like a Boss (Like a Boss, #1)

Like a Boss

(Like a Boss #1)

Like A Boss Duet Series

Theo Sullivan is the new boss of The Lopa, a classy tiki bar in the heart of South Beach, Miami.
Little does he know, a certain bartender doesn’t think he has what it takes to make it.

Personalities collide as Penelope Marks goes against the boss and tries her hardest to defy him.

Theo is determined to be a success.
Penny is determined not to lose.
Published July 12th 2016 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Like a Boss, please sign up.
Teri yes but it's only part one.has a cliffhanger.
The Hating Game by Sally  ThorneWallbanger by Alice Clayton44 Chapters About 4 Men by B.B. EastonThe Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana ZapataLike a Boss by Logan Chance
Best Rom-Com Books
333 books — 599 voters
Shameless by Lisa Renee JonesProvocative by Lisa Renee JonesRuckus by L.J. ShenPucked Off by Helena HuntingShacking Up by Helena Hunting
Romance Books 2017
561 books — 1,466 voters

More lists with this book...

Donna Marie
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Logan Chance's debut novel "LIKE A BOSS" is a compelling, well crafted story that is full of feels, humour and intense heat. It tells the story of Penny and Theo who, after an initial meeting, end up working together. Their relationship is fiery and they clash constantly. However there is an immediate connection that they both fight to deny.

I absolutely adored the main characters. Theo is a cool combination of alpha geek with the filthiest mouth that I've heard in a long while. He has the abilit
Jen Cothran
description
Sooooo....I got this ARC...Advanced Copy Free to review for my honest opinion....well, my opinion right now is to throw my kindle at Logan's head....LMAO!
description
Okay, seriously my review is.....because I have to come to grips with the ending before moving on to how....the book as a whole ROCKED MY SOCKS OFF!!! I mean a debut author; and the amount of steamy scenes, crazy chemistry and unbelievably-believable drama, made this book one of the best page turning experiences I have had in a long time. Theo
Ebru
5 stars!

#Short review series-3#

Logan Chance's debut Like A Boss was a great read.
This debut novel starts with a one night stands...turns into second chance romance with boss-employee situation.
Theo and Penelope's story was hot as hell. I loved their chemistry and sweet banter between them.

With the cliffhanger, I cannot wait to read the second book...
Edeth Conner
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review: LIKE A BOSS
By: Logan Chance.

WARNING: This publication contains highly combustible materials and may cause your eReader to ignite.

If you like your sex HOT and your talk FILTHY, you are about to hit the megabucks lottery! Theo is a dirty talking BOSS, a harda*ss with a soft side... and Penny is a saucy spitfire, full of ideas and snark, who's set to rock Theo's world off its axis. With lots of humor and skull smacking banter, this duo will drive you nuts, then drive you wild!

Right out of t
Beauté De Livres  (Vivian Freeman)
Debuting author Logan Chance makes a confident entry into the indie world. Surrounded by a constant wave of intrigue and excitement, Like A Boss, book one of a two part series, fulfills expectations and will have readers whole-heartedly invested. Bringing to life an explosive love-hate relationship, the characters Theo Sullivan and Penelope Marks seductively teeter on the edge of both emotions, from beginning to end.

Set on the backdrop of the South Beach club scene, Like A Boss hits the ground r
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
OMG,I knew this book was going to be amazing when in the first paragraph we get, champion cock, yes Logan is amazing another author to add to my favorite list.

Theo doesn't fail at anything, working and a deal to purchase a new bar has made him stressed what better way to release than a great **ck, but it may be more than he bargain for. Penny loves her job at the bar and would love to move up to management but with a new owner who knows if that will happen. when Penny meets him he's familiar but
Natalie The Biblioholic
This book was really good for a debut and made for an interesting read. What started off as a one-night stand quickly developed into a sexy second chance romance between a boss and his employee. And then there was a surprising twist that I'm still not sure how to take. Left with one heck of a cliffhanger, I'm just glad I have book two waiting on my kindle!

Release Date: July 12, 2016
Genre: Contemporary Romance
POV: Dual - 1st person
Heat: 4 out of 5
Type: Book 1 of the Like a Boss duet
Rhiannon King
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of Like A Boss in exchange for an honest review.
WOW.... This is Logan Chance's debut novel and I must say it really is amazing, his writing is flawless and the main characters are perfect.

Theo and Penelope meet by chance at a bar that Penny bartends at, they have one hot as hell night of passion but when morning comes Theo wakes up alone and knows that he has to see his silver haired goddess again BUT alas she is nowhere to be found.

Fast forward to the pre
Nikki Reeves
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing

First off, this is an awesome debut novel by Logan. Seriously, I couldn’t put it down. The writing in this book blew me away. I was so consumed with the story line I didn’t realize it was 3 AM when I finished. This is the second male author that has blown me away recently.

Penelope AKA Penny and Theo (love this freaking name) actually met before they start working together. When Penny realizes who Theo is she, is both excited and pissed that Theo doesn’t seem to remember her like she remembers
Jessica Green
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I review a book, I always start out feeling like I am in a magical land with rainbows and unicorns, but then the rain comes and I am standing in a swamp with nothing but darkness. It can take me day’s even weeks with a lot of rewrites before I will even post a review. So, after a lot of head banging and maybe even some tears I have finally finished my review of Like a Boss.

“Like A Boss” by Logan Chance is his first debut novel and can I just say his writing is amazing. I am in awe of the w
Colleen
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing

This is Logan's debut book and WOW! Seriously just WOW! It's one of the best debut books I've ever read from an author!

I swear I not only had wet panties but actual hot flashes from the intensity of this book! I may even be running a fever! Yes!!! It was THAT hot!!

Make sure you keep your significant other, hubby or lots of batteries handy for this one! Your gonna need em!

The writing was effortless, the characters so real, the story so realistic and on point. I seriously devoured this book in no
Wendy Fisher
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good start for a debut author. This book was enjoyable and had characters that were quite likable. I found Penny to be a take no crap type of gal and she went head to head with her boss Theo when he liked to challenge her knowledge. His lack of remembering her gives her all the more reason to push his buttons. Will he ever remember who she is? Will his past come back to haunt him as he struggles to keep the bar afloat? Is a woman like Penny someone he can trust? Although the book ends with a cli ...more
Stacey
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After months of waiting, not so patiently, Like A Boss finally showed up on my kindle. I can't tell you what a treat that was to wake up to! I put everything on hold to read this debut novel by Logan Chance.

Now there was a lot of hype surrounding this book and I was pretty excited about reading it after all of those amazing teasers! What I wasn't prepared for was how far it blew my expectations out of the water! It definitely lived up to expectations and beyond the hype!

Theo Sullivan was amazi
Lauren Lascola-Lesczynski
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This may have been one of the best debut books that I have read in a very long time.
First let me just start by saying the ending made me want to throw my kindle across the room and I may have yelled some not so nice words towards Logan. Ok with that being said this book was Amazing.....Theo is 100% HOT AF!!! Theo first laid eyes on the sassy and spunky Penny when he was trying to grab her attention at a bar, ohhhh and grab it he did. They had one night of passion and the sparks were flying.....
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
Like a Boss by Logan Chance is a fun, sexy, hot book.

A chance encounter in a bar leads to a hot night of sex for Theo and Penelope. Waking up alone, Theo sets out to find the one girl that could change everything for him. Theo's dream is to own a bar, so, on the recommendation of his lawyer he buys one on South Beach. One that Penelope just happens to work at...only Theo doesn't know this.

This is Logan Chance's debut book and it is beyond amazing. It's well written. From a man perspective he h
loves 2 read romance
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Received a copy of this book for an honest review.
To say that I was intrigued and completely spellbound is a slight understatement. This storyline was filled with sexual tension that could melt your panties.
Theo is a new bar owner trying to make sure everything stays afloat. He has never done this before and when he meets one of his bartenders the clash instantly. She irritates him with her sassy mouth but turns him on at the same time.
Penny is desperate to finally get some of her ideas for th
Kathy Rouchelle
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Logan Chance has done a wonderful job with his first published book Like A Boss. I absolutely loved the story line, the characters were well developed and the story flowed evenly throughout the book. The way he wrote about Lucy was so genuine in feeling that it made you wonder if he had someone specifically in mind when he wrote the scenes between her and Theo. As for Penny, I loved her character. Smart, sassy, hardheaded at times, she's a great female character. And then there's Theo. Straight ...more
books_and_brew

Like A Boss was witty, steamy and full of tension. It was a quick read (finishes around the 80% mark on Kindle) and leaves us with a cliffhanger.

I liked the tension between Penelope and Theo, added with the taboo factor of a boss/employee relationship made for some steamy trysts. Theo has a dirty mouth and man-oh-man was it hot.

I will say one thing about Theo - I hated the fact that he kept blaming Penny for his actions. He would say things such as "This is your fault because you're tempting m
Susan Trewick
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2016
This is one of the best books I've read this year, it's amazing! I devoured it in one sitting, I was taken on an emotional roller coaster and spat out at the end. Everything about this book is perfect, the sex scenes literally scorch the pages. Told in dual point of view, which I love. But the ending, why, WHY!!! If the author had been standing in front of me when I finished I would of punched him! A great debut novel and I can't wait for the next book in the series. Wish I could give it more th ...more
Samantha Nicholls
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome. it had everything you could require from a book, great plot, hot sex, plenty of dirty talk and a shocker of a cliffhanger! The writing was slick and the dialogue fast paced and witty I cannot wait to read the next one.
If this is the standard for a debut novel, I'm pretty sure it can only get better and we all may not survive it!
Congratulations on a wonderful debut
Kerry Callaway
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG!! I finally got to read this debut novel by Logan Chance. Several months now I have been eagerly waiting for this books release and to then be given the opportunity to read an ARC was amazing.
After reading the synopsis and having a sneak peek at an excerpt I had a feeling this book was going to be brilliant. Little did I realise how much I would love this book. From the storyline to the characters to the twists and everything in between this is exactly what I love in a book and more!!
Theo a
Domini
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read this book a wee while back and just realised I forgot to review it.
I loved it, I loved Penny's sass, I loved Theo's dirty mouth, I loved the chemistry between these two!
This is a seriously well written book for a Debut and I suspect Logan's writing will only get better!
Theo and Penny meet in a bar and instantly hit it off so much so they hook up but she disappears leaving Theo to wonder if she was even real. Fast forward and they meet again but Theo doesn't recognise her but Penny knows e
Tina
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Logan blew me away with this debut. This was a seriously hot read that had heat from the very first chapter all the way to the end. It will also seriously having you holding your breath as you wait for reality to kick in for Theo. That ending literally made me gasp in shock, and now I will be anxiously awaiting book 2 to see where this series is headed. This book was everything I anticipated and more. Well done Logan.
Marija
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is Logan's debut novel and I only can say wow!!!
Read it in one sitting! I was hooked. The story is awesome, easy to read and entertaining.
I will read any and all books he releases. :)
Logan please hurry up with book 2, can't wait! :) :) :)
Jennifer Diaz
When my book buddies Dawn and Ang are like Jennifer, YOU NEED TO READ THIS (yes they shouted at me) I listened and I’m so glad I did. Like a Boss by Logan Chance is one that sucked me in from the beginning and held me there until the end! This was a great debut for Mr. Chance and I cannot wait to see what else he has up his sleeve! This is a novella to short story length and it does have a cliffy at the end and its one that leaves me saying WHAT THE HELL! Just freaking LOVED IT!!! And yes that i ...more
Asian Chef
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my5starbooks

Like A Boss
By Logan Chance

Your New Book Boyfriend Has Arrive!

This book is wicked! The pages wore scorching hot from start to finish. Theo Sullivan has a filthy mouth but is oh so painfully handsome, hot and sexy as hell! And behind that bad boy façade, is one loving, affectionate person. Your new book boyfriend has arrive. Penelope is one feisty woman than can hold her own and will not allow to be pushed around. She’s strong and determined to prove herself to the world, new boss included.
I love
Brenda Travers
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is off the hotness meter

This was a great 5 star read, I love it when a book keeps you intrigued that you don't want to put it down, Like A Boss was that for me. Logan Chance did a great job reeling you in Cover to Cover, I mean page 1.

I love that Theo has no idea who Penny actually is, I love the fact even more that she knows exactly who he is and still finds was to bite back with her Witty Sarcastic mouth and piss him off in ways that only make him harder than he's ever been in his li
Miriam Meza
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ladies, I'm #RuinedByAnotherBrotherChance.

#LikeABoss is the debut novel by Logan Chance, and I've been talking a lot about it on Twitter... now let me tell you what this story is about.

Theo is a business man who bought a bar and he's focused to make it succeed. One night he meet Penelope, has amazing sex with her in the beach and then she was nowhere to be found. Cinderella style.

But Theo wasn't the only one affected by that night. Penelope had vivid memories about the unknown man of the beach.

W
SexyBook Boyfriend
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**** Received ARC in exchange for an honest review ****

This one was very interesting! I like change and this one was different from most stories out there! The story line wasn't what I was expecting but, it did not disappoint!! The character Theo was HOT, a dirty talking and controlling....in a good way! I was frustrated and flushed by him constantly. Penny was sassy and she drove me nuts many times! All in all...the perfect combination! I couldn't stop reading! I was flying through this book as
Martha Boss
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was fucking delicious.
Theo can be my boss any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I refuse to spoil shit for you ladies. So I suggest you get a bottle of wine, sit yo ass down, and get a taste of Theo.

Logan Chance has a gift. He crafts his characters and his scenes so perfectly they make you drool. I almost licked my Kindle when I read that one scene when they were in the bar and someone's pink panties went flying.

Ok I must stop here.. I won't give anything away. READ THE BOOK PEOPLE!!
  • Quiver (Quake, #2)
  • Dom
  • Metal & Lace (Opposites Attract, #1)
  • Claimed by Her Web Master (Web Master, #3)
  • Betrayed (World Without Love, #1)
  • The Bear Prince (Seattle's Billionaire Bears, #3)
  • Release By Treaty (Qui Treaty Collection, #1)
  • Mindfu*k
  • The Nightlife: San Antonio (The Nightlife, #5)
  • The Sanctuary (Eros' Edge #1)
  • Her Valiant Dragon (Her Biker Dragon #1)
  • Isabel (Immortal Dreams, #1)
  • Willow (Flower Child, #2)
  • Welcome to E. Mayberry
  • Single, Volume 3 (Single, #3)
  • Tempted (Playing The Edge #1)
  • Always After Dark: The Box Set (Always After Dark #1-4)
  • Confessions of a Mail Order Bride: Complete Edition: BBW Paranormal Shape Shifter Romance
Logan Chance is a USA Today and Top 20 Amazon Bestselling Author with a quick wit and penchant for the simple things in life: Star Wars, music, and smart girls who love to read. He was nominated best debut author for the Goodreads Choice Awards in 2016. His works can be classified as Dramedies (Drama+Comedies), featuring a ton of laughs and many swoon worthy, heartfelt moments.

For insights into h

Like a Boss (2 books)
  • Love a Boss (Like a Boss, #2)
“Reasons why I CAN'T stop thinking about Penny...She's everything I've ever wanted” 7 likes