Start by marking “Spinning Out (The Blackhawk Boys, #1)” as Want to Read:
Spinning Out (The Blackhawk Boys, #1)

Spinning Out

(The Blackhawk Boys #1)

Kindle Edition, First Edition, 464 pages
Published May 3rd 2016 by Ever After, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Spinning Out, please sign up.
C. It will release on May 3.

I didn't find anything for pre-order with ebook.com

A pre-order is available on iBooks.

…more
It will release on May 3.

I didn't find anything for pre-order with ebook.com

A pre-order is available on iBooks.

And a pre-order is available on Kindle.

Start your review of Spinning Out (The Blackhawk Boys, #1)
Jennifer Kyle
Mar 29, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS

[image error]

Lexi Ryan delivers a standalone story with a full cast of characters that are football players for BHU. Sadly, this book didnt have ANY football scenes whatsoever in it. The story is told in the present and the past building the mystery as to what happened one night at Deadmans Curve leaving one character dead and the other barely hanging onto his life.

description

The heroine's the special snowflake type. These types are the girl that every guy in the book wants to make their own and
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
 photo 5312812_zpscts1m2oy.gif

Spinning out tells the story of Mia and Arrow. After a fatal accident, Mia loses her brother and her boyfriend Brogan is badly injured. But through dual POV and past and present narratives, you learn that there is more to this accident than what has been let on, Brogan wasn't Mia's first choice, and her and Arrow have a past and have been keeping their feelings for each other a secret as well. After the accident, Mia and Arrow are back in each other's lives since she is working for his father
NMmomof4
2.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This is another tough one to rate... I enjoyed some of it, but other parts bugged me. I was engaged, and I thought more than once that it was an unique storyline -- so there's that. I was frustrated with the fact that we didn't know any details of what had happened until around the 75ish% mark, because for the first part I kept on thinking "is this part of a series and I missed the first one?". That feeling of being lost was not so great. I think some bigger reveals
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo free neon Tu3 by sb_zpsgprzy8th.gif

📚 📌 FREE on Amazon US today (8/22/2017) 📌 📚

Stand-alone book 1.
FREE: https://www.amazon.com/Spinning-Out-B...
BLURB:
Once, the only thing that mattered to me was footballtraining, playing, and earning my place on the best team at every level. I had it all, and I threw it away with a semester of drugs, alcohol, and pissing off anyone who tried to stop me. Now Im suspended from the team, on house arrest, and forced to spend a semester at home to get my shit together. The cherry on my fuckup sundae?
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

Dayum dat cover...

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

For me to love a story depends 75% on the female lead. I know. It's not fair but there you have it. Since I'm supposed to be studying hard, I'll forgo the summary and jump right into my thoughts.

Arrow was a wonderfully broken character. He was loyal to the bone and tried to adhere to the bro code when it came to his friend Brogan. He went through hell and back and took the penance for what he'd done and hadn't with grace.

Brogan was an idiot
Snow

4.75 "I'm all yours. /Finally." stars

Arrow Woodinson has fallen from grace. He tossed away his footbal prospects, dwelled into alcohol, drugs and "piss off" attitude.

Mia Mendez is working hard to pay off her college to becoming a lawyer BUT she's operating on automatic. One night changed the odds, the future is no longer bright and she's trying to cope but she's dead inside.
She's not living. She's surviving.

They are both eaten by the guilt. The guilt they couldn't fight against without
exploraDora (Dora Guta)
**Digital ARC provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. I received this many months ago, but only now had the chance to actually read it**

***2 stars***

This is book number 80 this year and that means my reading challenge is compleeeeeete! So yay to that! :D

But putting that excitement aside, this book was SO DRAMATIC. It had this lingering sadness from start to finish, which quite frankly annoyed me a lot , because based on the cover and the blurb, I was expecting a hot, steamy
Carmen Rae
Well that was just mean Lexi Ryan. I have been wanting to read this series every single time I see them but I keep putting it off cause damn does that blurb sound emotional and I have to be in the right mood to put myself through that. But the stars aligned this week and I just had to pick this up even knowing it was going to be an angsty read, I just really wasnt expecting the amount of tears I shed while reading this book.

I also thought it was going to go in a lot different direction to the
NAT.orious reads ☽
Apr 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
3.5 dreamy ★★★✬✩ for the heartache and the good flow of the story
This book is for you if you're in the mood for a unsophisticated but gripping romance.

⤐Preface.
K, y'all, hold your panties and gimme a drum roll because here comes my very first NetGalley review. #SpinningOut #NetGalley

(Also finally found out how to use gifs in reviews, better late, than never, right?)

I am really excited I took the opportunity to register. Thank you so much, Lexi Ryan and Social Butterfly PR, for providing me
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
I've read a handful of books from Lexi Ryan in the past, and while I remember thoroughly enjoying her writing, none of her previous books have stood out quite like Spinning Out. This story completely consumed me. Spinning Out opens with Arrow Woodison making it known that he despises Mia Mendez's existence and with Mia barely treading the water that is her tattered life. Something has happened between these characters, something has torn apart the lives they once knew and the journey toward ...more
Francoise
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2016-reads

This story was emotionally charged, mysterious and dark, with a layered plot that kept me turning the pages. The alternating pattern of past-present storytelling reinforces the suspense but can be somewhat confusing at times.

The Blackhawk Boys are a group of friends playing on their university football team. Arrow and Brogan are best friends since childhood. When both of them fall for the same girl, Mia Mendez, their friendship is put to the test. Mia is a hard working girl from the
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
I liked this. It was good, well written, and intense! I'm not sure what I was expecting, but for some reason I thought it would be lighter that it was. That said, this is perfect for readers who love heavy emotion. It was NON STOP with the angst. The plot itself unfolded slowly like a puzzle. You got tidbits of the story as it switched between past and present in large parts. It's twisty, guys! Definitely twisty and it made my heart beat crazy several times. When I finished I needed a moment to ...more
Shannon Moore
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
My first Lexi Ryan book!! I really liked this one. I liked the emotion and the forbiddenness and the hurt between the main characters. I liked the side dramas and lover's woes. And I LOVED the angst. Though I will say it wasn't perfect, and at times, predictable. Mia made mistakes and she made some pretty stupid ones. I think this was drawn out much more than it had to be, simply because Mia was too busy being an idiot 'before'. But Arrow... wow, he was great. Can't wait for Cris's story next!
~Stéphanie's Journal~
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, sports
I'm sad I didn't like this book. I know how Lexi Ryan can capture my attention with her ability to create intense and complex situation but it didn't worked for me.

First Spinning out grabbed my attention by his cover. I'm a cover whore, always will be. Then the fact that she wrote a new series was intriguing. I loved her Here and now Series and I enjoyed her Real & Reckless one so I was all in.

I have two majors issues with Spinning Out: the book was depressing ALL THE TIME and I didn't get
Ambriehl Khalil
⭐ [3.5/5 Stars] ⭐ ...more
Dayla
Jan 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
Okay, before I continue with my review (view spoiler), I'm going to say that I'm going to try Lexi Ryan's other books because they look interesting, but this one was just...ugh.

I'm going to Try to keep it short because I need to go to sleep (Please excuse my lack of punctuation and occasional spelling/grammatical error. This book just lifts all of my Feels):

The Characters and their many attributes:

Mia--the girl that everyone calls beautiful and smart, yet she spends most of
May 02, 2016 rated it liked it
ARC received for review

It feels like it took me forever to read this. It was a great idea, but so depressing. Plus the BFF, Bailey, was over the top slutty, and there was no resolution to Bailey's relationship with her on again off again boyfriend. The best part was the last 5 chapters. There are lots more hunky football players to read about. And up next is Chris who I want to know more about, so I'll give her another chance.
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~

Predictable, but overall enjoyable.
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

Spinning Out (The Blackhawk Boys #1) by Lexi Ryan was a good start into a new series. It was my first book by this author and I liked it.

The author makes drawing complicated relationship strings amongst the characters look easy and I can easily see some of the content of the next books.

But some of the characters are very deeply developed others not so much unfortunately just some of the more important ones were less developed than some of the secondary. So the balance felt a little of for me.
1-Click Addict Support Group
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge Lexi Ryan fan so I was super excited to start this new series! And that coverwowza!

This story was extremely intense and made me feel all the feels! It was actually much more powerful than I expected, though I shouldnt have been surprised since Ms. Ryan always makes me feel!

We meet Mia.

Shes not living. Shes surviving.

After going through more than any one person should have to endure, she is just going through the motions and doing the best she can.

Until he came home

Arrow. I adored
Michelle
3-2.5 Stars!
I really liked this book until around 70% and then after the reveal later I almost quit reading it. I couldn't stand either one of them the last 20%! Grrrrrrrrr!!!!

Will I be continuing on with this series? Probably. Loved these boys and hopefully it won't be as bad as this one. lol
Jean
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Whew......what a rollercoaster ride this book became!  I didn't even know what to expect when I started it.

Mia is suffering terribly.  After a horrible accident which takes her brother, Nic's, life and severely injures her boyfriend, Brogan, she has sunk so low that it appears there's no recovering from this tragedy.

As she takes on a nanny position to make money, she is barely living a life.  Enter Arrow (love that name)!  Arrow has been suffering also.....you see, Brogan was his best friend,
Clau
Nov 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Too much drama.

First, I want to say that I promised myself I wouldn't read another book until December. The fact that I just can't keep a promise to myself is just... sad. I am really dissapointed on me.

About the plot:
-Boy (Arrow) meets Girl (Mia).
-Boy's best friend (Brogan) asks Girl out.
-Girl says yes. Girl liked Boy better, but Boy's best friend sounds reliable.
-Let's not forget that Girl is beautiful. That's why both Boy and Boy's best friend like her.
-Boy falls in love with Girl.
-Boy's
Mercedes
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: football, new-adult
3.5 Stars
Amy
The first in a new series and I'm into it! Lots of angst and emotions so if that's not your thing, you may not enjoy this one. Very sexy and angsty. Really interesting story with lots of layers. Emotional, tragic yet at times funny and sweet. I really enjoyed it and recommend it if you're ok with angst!
morgan
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
Hey guys!

So here's another dnf. I already warned ya that this one was close to being shelved.

I tried and tried and tried, but I felt like I was falling into a black hole.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Every chapter I read, I felt like it was pity me, and pity me some more. NO ONE WAS MAKING ANY MOVES!

Therefore, I finally put it down. I wanted so much more this book, and I'm a little disappointed. Do I care to find out what happens in the end...not really. I felt like the author just needed to add chapters in order to make
melissafandomworld
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it

What a beautiful, breathtaking and heart wrenching read this was, my godddd..
I just couldn't stop reading. These characters are amazing and really got to me.
I can't wait to read more of the Blackhawk boys!!
Rejane
Feb 16, 2018 marked it as not-interested
As if... the chances I will read this are ZERO.
And 462 pages??? NUNQUINHA.

Doris
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-gallery, arc, sports
Definitely 5*

This is a story that grabbed me from the very beginning and never let up. Angst, tears, heartbreak, betrayal, lies and love made this book a five star read. It was so well written that you felt a part of the story of Mia and Arrow that had so many surprises and twists and turns.

I'm hooked and can't wait to grab the next book in this series. If Spinning Out is any indication of the caliber of this series then I know I'm in for another outstanding book
Sara (sarabara081)
Aug 03, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars? I've been in a reading funk this summer. >.<

• The Beauty and The Beast (Heroes Ever After #1)
  • Boston Escape (Boston Boys #3)
  • Just Neighbors (Blue Beech, #4)
  • Play (Play, #1)
  • Juked (Texas Mutiny, #1)
  • Play Me (Players, #2)
  • Obsessed: The Complete Addiction Duet
  • Enemies
  • Checkmate: This is Reckless (Drew & Courtney, #1; Checkmate Duet, #3)
  • Shameless
  • Cabin Fever (Lost & Found, #1)
  • Playing for Keeps (Hot Jocks, #1)
  • Royal (Rixton Falls, #1)
  • Mr. Big (London Billionaire, #2)
  • Dirty Shame (Bluefield Bad Boys, #1)
  • The Deal (Arranged Series #1)
  • Colton's Salvation: A Demented Sons MC Novel
  • Just One Regret (Just One Song #3)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling romance author Lexi Ryans novels have been described as intense, emotional, and wickedly sexy. A former college professor, she now writes full-time from her home in Indiana, where she lives with her husband, two children, and a neurotic dog. Find her on Facebook or Twitter to chat about books, TV, and her childrens latest antics. ...more

The Blackhawk Boys (5 books)
  • Rushing In (The Blackhawk Boys #2)
  • Going Under (The Blackhawk Boys #3)
  • Falling Hard (The Blackhawk Boys, #4)
  • In Too Deep (The Blackhawk Boys, #5)