Start by marking “Rose Petal Graves” as Want to Read:
Rose Petal Graves

Rose Petal Graves

(The Lost Clan #1)

Ancient secrets cannot remain buried forever.

Founded two centuries ago by an aloof and powerful tribe of Gottwa Indians, Rowan was a quiet town, so quiet that I fled after graduation. Staying away was the plan, but Mom died suddenly, so I rushed home.

Dad said she suffered a stroke after she dug up one of the ancient graves in our backyard, which happens to be the town ce
Published May 15th 2016 by Olivia Wildenstein (first published May 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Rose Petal Graves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rose Petal Graves

Start your review of Rose Petal Graves
Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen)
DNF @ 16%

I... I just can't guys.

I was only six chapters in, but I already had way too many issues with the writing style, characters, and direction of this novel. In summary:

- Nobody told me this was fae, and that's not my thing.

- There's no sense of setting... at all

- There's so many logistical issues (How is the MC in medical school when she's only 19? If there's a huge snowstorm and this guy has to stay with her, how are all of her relatives able to arrive the ne
Angelina
Mar 11, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a struggle.

When the author make her characters do things that are so illogical.

angry gif photo tumblr_inline_moklqv0MmU1qz4rgp_zpssk2ntidr.gif

I will spoil the beggining so you can understand.

The book starts with the death of Catori's mother Nova. A few days before the funeral arrives the medical examiner. He is hot. So I guess that means he can perform the autopsy in the basement of the house and stay there as well...
I mean.... What?
And Catori will fall for the man who sliced the chest of her dead mother??

photo tumblr_nyr49u5yXU1svgg3co1_500_zpsa9pua5ok.gif

She also wants to be in front of the a
(I received an advance copy of this book for free. Thanks to author Olivia Wildenstein, and NetGalley.)

"What's with the rose petals?"
"They're said to preserve the bodies of dead faeries."

This was a YA fantasy story featuring the fae.

Catori had to deal with a lot in this book, with first her mother's death, and then all the information about faeries, and fae hunters, and her place among them. I did feel sorry for her because of her mother's death, especially when it seemed like she had more grief to come as the book progressed.

The storyNetGalley.)
Sabrina
2/20/17
This book is fantastic and definitely can't be missed. I felt so many emotions and I was swept away in this world of faes and folklore. I'm so sad that I finished it in one day. I need book 2!!

3/7/17
Checkout my review on my blog! http://omgbooksandmorebooks.blogspot....

Note: This book does deal with suicide. I'm not sure how one would react to it but I want to state it first before I proceed with my review.

"There is no importance, Catori. Sometimes you spend a lifetime with a person and never
Carrie
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
When Cat's mother passes away suddenly she rushes home to the small town of Rowan for the services. She's sure that her mother was in good health and things just don't seem right with her passing although her father said she had suffered a stroke after digging up an ancient grave. Cat finds the ancient coffin is full of rose petals leading her into an investigation and discovering secrets about her family and a world that she never knew of.

Rose Petal Graves was a fairly short read that when don
Hanne
Oct 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
Cat’s mother unexpectedly dies and Cat is devastated. She feels that something weird happened to her mother. A stranger who visits her house will turn Cat’s life upside down and he will introduce her to the world she didn’t know existed. She will get help from people that would do anything to protect her.

I liked Cat. She’s sweet, loving and determined, but also a little naïve and stubborn sometimes. She sometimes does things without thinking or against someone’s advice, and that gets her in dan
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
4,5 stars
Rose petal grave 1 photo rose petal grave 1_zps71xmjejh.jpg
I had never read anything written by Olivia Wildenstein but this book won’t be my last, beginning with the second book of this series! I love her writing and the tense undertone she’s conveyed throughout the story. Her plot is solid with new characters and secrets added progressively all helping to make me read page after page.

I must confess I was first attract
Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink*
DNF at 50%

My thoughts about this book:

1) Insta-love
2) Killed off the only good character
3) Male lead is supposed to be super attractive but he has no appeal
4) Called a paper ad in a magazine a "commercial"
5) Typos and misspellings
6) Draco Malfoy Syndrome
7) Most undertakers don't live in the funeral home with a morgue in the basement
8) Lots of explaining instead of showing
9) Lackluster writing overall with boring dialogue
10) Special Snowflake
Olivia Wildenstein
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Get ready for some seriously sexy faerie hunters. ;)

Disclaimer: The Gottwas are an invented tribe, loosely inspired by the Ojibwe people. I did not want to cause offense to Native Americans by writing about customs that aren't mine.
Sylvia Mercedes
Yeah, this one was a nope for me. Just not the right style or story in any way.

I won't bother with a long review since I didn't finish. Really, the style was just wrong, and I found the opening scenes so odd and so unconvincing.

This book probably suffered from coming right after W.R. Gingell's "Spindle" and Laini Taylor's "Strange the Dreamer," both of which I LOVED SO MUCH. But honestly, I don't think this one was going to be a fit for me anyway.

Beautiful cov
Kate (beautifulbookland)
Rose Petal Graves sounds so promising, but I'm so disappointed with it. I usually love Fae stories, and I was so excited when I got accepted for this on NetGalley.

Basically, out protagonist Cat lives in a cemetery, where her ancestors are buried. After a casket is dug up, containing rose petals instead of bones, she is thrown into the world of fae, all the while trying to discover the truth about her mother's death. It's rather a lot to deal with, what with your ancestors (who just so happen to
Scrill
I received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review from Weapenry Co-Op via Netgalley.

So a girl comes home to dad. Meets a guy who’s actually a fairy…basically an evil-selfish type of fairy. She starts to like the guy even though they both know their relationship is going nowhere because of duh, circumstances. But still he’s uber hot, rich, and shows up when he’s not wanted. There’s another guy that likes her – but pass they’re just friends, and no matter if he is the only thing normal in her li
Patty (IheartYA)
This was definitely interesting and unique. It started out strong and I was enthralled by the story but it became a little silly and confusing. The variety of characters was hard to follow. It's written and paced well. I would have liked it more if the ending was better. Overall, entertaining and enjoyable. A solid 3 stars.
Melissa Souza
**Thank you to the author for sending me an ARC in return for an honest review.

3 stars!!!

When I started reading this book, I was pretty psyched. The concept of faeries and faerie hunters mixed with Native American culture seemed interesting and original. However, I found the story to be just pleasant. It was not groundbreaking or overly different which is a shame in my opinion. So, before I go into the negatives of the novel, I'll try and break down what I liked.
Sameera

3.5 Stars. I will probably continue to read the next few installments as I see potential in this series. However, I may forget about it and that’s not a good thing.

*I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Overview:

Rose Petal Graves is the first installment of The Lost Clan series. It begins as Catori arrives back into the small old town of Rowan for her mother’s funeral. Catori is a descendant from the ancient Gottwa Indian tribe. After her mother digs up a coffin that ma

/>

Ash †Reviews of a FearStreetZombie†
I received this book via NetGalley in return for an honest review.
. . . .
Pre-review
EEEEPPPP!!!!! I can't wait to start this book!!! I'm so excited!!

Review

From the second I saw this book, I loved it. Once I started reading it I didn't want to put it down. It was such a riveting read and such a roller coaster.

I thought the characters were really strong and the story line was original. I have never read anything like this before in my life.
I thought Cat was ..wow
Mandie
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this magical book! I was captivated from the first page! It was wonderfully written with twists and turns!! I couldn’t get enough. I can’t wait to read the rest of the series!

I voluntarily read and reviewed a copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own
Kayla Brunson
DNF @30%
This book was pitched as "The Vampire Diaries with fairies". Also, the heroine's family lived with a cemetery in the backyard. I was excited to read this one!

Sadly, all I got was a lot of dialogue with hardly anything happening. I wasn't connecting to any of the characters. The heroine was a bit annoying and one of the so called love interest goes around kissing women before deciding to say he's engaged. Yeah, no thanks.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter
Aneta Bak
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Rose Petal Graves is such a wonderful story. I loved the characters, the story and the world that Olivia created.

Catori is on her way back to her hometown from university to attend her mother's funeral. When Catori and the medial examiner view her mother's body, they find that when she died she was opening an ancient grave, but there was no body inside, just rose petals. Catori refuses to believe that her mother died of a heart attack, and when a strange book arrives at her front doo
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
I usually love any book that involves fae, so I was very excited to get my hands on this book! I thought the fae elements of this book were entertaining. I didn't really like this book, but I still found it entertaining, kind of like a reality tv show. It wasn't GREAT, but I still found myself continuing to read it.

There were a lot of different things going on in this book, which made it kind of hard to follow what was happening. Things felt like they were kind of just thrown in the book, and it was har
Tiffany Jones
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE AUTHOR THROUGH A GOODREADS GIVEAWAY. RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

Welcome to Rowan, a tiny town that was founded two centuries ago by a powerful tribe of Gottea Indians. Rowan was so quiet that I fled after graduation for college, with the intention of staying away. I had to return when my mom died unexpectedly. My dad says that she suffered a stroke after digging up
Bri •Books and Bri•
So you know when you are getting ready in the morning and your brain switches to autopilot? You’re just going through the motions, not really focusing on what you are doing and then can’t remember if you locked the door before heading out for the day? That’s what reading this book felt like for me.

description

The story was so convoluted and messy that towards the end, I stopped trying to focus and remember what I read cause I just didn’t care enough.

There were moments where I felt even Wildenstein was confused as to wenough.
There
Alyssa Janine Busia
The story started when Catori needs to go home because her mother died, and according to her father, she died of a heart attack while digging up the graves of her ancestors. After that, she found nothing inside the coffin her mother took from the grave but just fresh rose petals. What's weirder was when new and not familiar faces were coming to their town. And believing that her mother didn't die of heart attack will lead her to unlock the truth about Faeries and her ancestors who were Fae hunte ...more
Diana
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
I don't know what to say about this book. While it wasn't memorable it wasn't bad. Only it wasn't good. The characters felt underdeveloped, the plot weird? unhinged? lost? had strange turns. For instance: why a Fae would fall for a Faekiller (sorry, faehunter)? What's more... considering her mother is dead and she doesn't know who killed her and she suspects that fairy... why does she fall for him? I didn't feel the attraction or the match between them clicking. It screamed of instalove.
Th
Manon the Malicious
I hate taking that much time to finish a book. Yes, I've been busy but still.
Other than that, some good things, some less good. All in all, I'm pretty conflicted and the ending felt abrupt but I'm still looking forward to reading the second book.
Olivia Wildenstein
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is a novella (ie. just an appetizer). It was part of an anthology (ENCHANTED: THE FAIRY REVELS)--thus its shortness. The next book will be a real one. ;)
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
*I received a free copy via Netgalley in an exchange for an honest review*

DNF 25%

I won't rate or review this one officially since I did not even make it to the 50% mark. But overall, I am not impressed thus far and I just don't want to spend more time reading something I don't particularly like.
Erica Paré
I am not even sure where to start with this book. I had no idea what it was about before starting but the cover looked appealing lol Well I was pretty confused for more than half the book. Things really start out as if this is the second book in a series, its not I checked. Then there is other languages added in such as Faeli?

Anyways about the characters. I really like the family relationships that Catori has with her dad and sister. There is definitely undying love there with them after losing
Aly
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, 2019
This was too confusing for me. The Native American names were hard to keep straight, plus the fae language had me unsure who was who and who the bad guys were. I also thought the pacing was all over the place. Sometimes a lot was going on and other times it dragged. I did like the idea of Native American rituals and legends. There aren't a lot of books based around that, so I enjoyed that aspect a lot. At the end, I kind of worked it all out, but I won't be reading the next book.
Paula  Phillips
First off, I have to say I love this cover and have a cover crush on it. It is one of the things that drew me to reading this book. The book starts off with Catori coming back home from Boston where she has been living. Catori came from a small town called Rowan where nothing exciting happened until now. Her mother is dead, people say from a heart attack, but Catori knows that something is up as healthy people don't just drop dead the way her mother did. It turns out that life for Catori is abou ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Oath Taker (Kingdom of Runes #1)
  • Curse Breaker (Kingdom of Runes #2)
  • Dark King (Court of the Sea Fae, #1)
  • Trial by Fae (Dragon's Gift: The Dark Fae  #1)
  • King Of Flames (The Masks of Under #1)
  • King Of Shadows (The Masks of Under #2)
  • King of Blood (The Masks of Under #4)
  • Daughter of Shades (The Venatrix Chronicles, #1)
  • Queen of Dreams (The Masks of Under #3)
  • Winter (Evermore Academy, #1)
  • Betrayed (Magi Rising, #1)
  • Paths of Malice (The Venatrix Chronicles, #3)
  • Shadow Walker (Bloody Hearts, #1)
  • Heir of the Fae (Dragon's Gift: The Dark Fae #2)
  • The Thorn Princess (Iron Crown Faerie Tales, #1)
  • A Dark Eternity (Whims of Fae, #4)
  • Prisoner of Darkness (Whims of Fae, #2)
  • King of None (The Masks of Under #5)
USA TODAY bestselling author Olivia Wildenstein grew up in New York City and earned her bachelor’s in comparative literature from Brown University. After designing jewelry for a few years, Wildenstein traded in her tools for the writing life, which made more sense considering her college degree.

When she’s not sitting at her computer, she’s psychoanalyzing everyone she meets (Yes. Everyone), eaves

The Lost Clan (6 books)
  • Rowan Wood Legends (The Lost Clan #2)
  • Rising Silver Mist (The Lost Clan #3)
  • Raging Rival Hearts