Start by marking “La Promesse (The Promise)” as Want to Read:
La Promesse (The Promise)

La Promesse (The Promise)

After a chance meeting, two kindred souls are separated by an ocean. A year of correspondence solidifies their bond, and their tender reunion ignites a burning passion.

They only have thirty-six hours to quench that thirst, but the more they explore it, the more they want. Would forever be enough?

La Promesse is an erotic short.
Published March 22nd 2016 by Xio Axelrod LLC

To ask other readers questions about La Promesse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La Promesse

Start your review of La Promesse (The Promise)
Monique
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a beautifully written erotica short. As I could see the care and blossoming love the H/h had for each other, there was one scene in the story where I wanted to give the female character a beatdown. (view spoiler) ...more
Zandra
Well-written and poetic

I was not sure if I'd like this short, but it was wonderful. For characters so vague, they felt fully fleshed out. The mixture of erotic romance and use of French had me smiling. I could hear and picture everything. Well done, Xio!
Angel
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have always have had a soft spot for prose written this way, and Ms. Axelrod's talent for capturing heat and intimacy shines here! I loved everything about LA PROMESSE. Everything. The ease with French drew me in, as it is one of my favorite foreign languages. The way she effortlessly sets the tone and let's the main characters dance along the pages is inspiring. Their moments, quick, dirty, tender and all.... WOW.

Beautiful!
Nicole Normand
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy from InstaFreebie. This is my honest review.
Do not be fooled by the title: This book is written in English, some French appear, but it's minimal. These are nameless H/h but the way the story is told, at the 1st person, you can feel all their emotions - from lust to anxiety, to jealousy and deep poignant love - see where they are, have all five senses very aware of the other person's needs and sensations. Very well done. Kudos to the author.
S.C. Mitchell
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved, loved this. The unique 1st person/2nd person perspective of this quick read erotic romance puts you right in the center of the action. Highly recommended for romance readers who like explicit content and deep emotion. Each page sizzles and draws you deeper into this romantic liaison.
T. Rosado
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, short-story, 2017
4.5 Stars
Brenda Margriet
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Despite being a short story, La Promesse has fully realized characters. The way it is written brings an immediacy to the story, and keeps you drawn in throughout. The erotic elements are classy and sensual, and are integral to how the story and the characters develop.
Harper Miller
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a sexy little quickie!
Sky
Apr 07, 2016
Lolita
Jul 19, 2018
Xio Axelrod
Mar 18, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Ida Louise
May 03, 2017
Shareese
May 24, 2017

News & Interviews

Summer reading season is in full swing, which means many of the year's biggest and best releases are coming out of the gates. And although your Ju...