Start by marking “Touch the Sky (Free Fall #1)” as Want to Read:
Touch the Sky (Free Fall #1)

Touch the Sky

(Free Fall #1)

Lucas Barnett and Gabriel Stewart didn’t have it easy as kids. They were only trying to deal with bad situations at home when they became lifelines for each other. Their pipe dream was to someday meet in LA, where Lucas would design skyscrapers, and Gabriel would learn to fly. But then Gabriel disappeared without so much as a goodbye, and Lucas got himself in trouble with ...more
Published March 28th 2016 by Christina Lee and Nyrae Dawn (first published March 23rd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Touch the Sky, please sign up.
Christina Hi there! The next book will be about different characters, but Lucas and Gabriel will definitely be in the background so you can see how they're…moreHi there! The next book will be about different characters, but Lucas and Gabriel will definitely be in the background so you can see how they're doing. We certainly want more HEA for them. Thanks for asking!(less)

✦❋Arianna✦❋
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars!!

description

'Touch the Sky' is the story of Lucas and Gabriel, two boys who try to find their way back to one another. Even if the story was not exactly a second chance romance story, at times it felt like it was and if you'll give it a shot you will find out why. I’ve read several books by Nyrae Dawn, but I’ve never read Christina Lee’s work before. In the past I enjoyed many collaborations between many authors, so I was excited to find out what these two will deliver. Well, they deliver a very
Christy
Mar 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

photo EEE93C08-997F-414C-9364-FDC1F906A56C_zpsvfqolo8t.jpg

Christina Lee is a new to me author, but Nyrae Dawn is one I’ve read many times before and I’ve loved all her books. They always have the right amount of emotion and she flawlessly writes the male pov. When I saw she had a new book out and it was M/M I was like sign me up to read this one! I’m glad I did. Touch the Sky was a beautifully written, heartwarming story of love, friendship, and overcoming obstacles.

Lucas and Gabriel ‘meet’ when they are teenagers. They actually never meet i
.Lili.
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, mar-16
 photo image.jpg1_zpssyfhaqbc.jpg

Touch the Sky by Christina Lee and Nyrae Dawn is the touching story of two young who meet online. They are both struggling at home and have made a pact to come together and start over when they turn 18. Unfortunately, life gets in the way of their plans, and they lose touch. Neither one has forgotten the other, and when they meet again by chance all those feelings of familiarity, hope, longing can't be denied.

My highlights:

-Gabe. He suffers from bipolar disorder and since he was uninsured was u
R * A Reader Obsessed *
4 Stars!

A truly heartfelt story about reconnecting with your first love and moving on from the past.

Life has not been hearts and flowers for Gabriel and Lucas, who meet each other online and connect immediately in their teens. As their friendship grows, they get and offer much needed support regarding their shitty home lives, and they make big plans to meet up once they turn 18. However, Gabriel unknowingly has bipolar disorder, and his impulsive actions lead to his institutionalization, unfortu
Christina
Feb 17, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote

***JUST FYI: ALL THREE BOOKS IN THE FREE FALL SERIES ARE CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN KU.

I LOVED writing Lucas and Gabriel's story with Nyrae/Riley.

It's an emotional book but swoony and sexy as well. Hope you enjoy it!

Here's a little teaser:

Jaime
Lucas & Gabe - They Got this!! 5+ I-love-you-enough-to-share-my-raft-with-you stars!!!
This book was amazing!! I feel like I have touched the sky after reading this book and I think everyone should read this brilliant book!!

I really can't express how much I loved this book so soon after reading it. It was very emotional and while there seem to be a lot of books popping up with the subject of depression or bipolar disorder none of them are the same, none of them copy the other - every single
Christelle
3.5 stars for this touching romance

Lucas and Gabriel met online when they were teens. They shared via mail about their shitty childhood, one poor and with an alcoholic single mother, dreaming to become an architect, and the other with a depressive mother and a controlling and abusive father, dreaming to become a pilot. They made a pact to come out and then meet in LA to fulfill their dream together. But life intruded and their contact stopped all of a sudden.
Several years later, when they are 2
Ariana
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
What a great story!
'Touch the Sky' touched my heart. The authors have taken real care to draw their MCs and their story:

Gabriel: so torn and lost and in the grip of his condition. His illness is dominating his life because he is unable to face it. His fear of being locked up again is simply too big. I can't blame him for that after what he went through! And the American Health system doesn't make things easier for him either. As for his parents: - I hated how they treated him and how he still cr
Fabi
The narrators did a great job. But it was a hard story to listen to.

The boys had difficult childhoods. Then, as they're nearing adulthood, they get an even worse hand of cards.

It's always hard to read about mental illness. It's especially heartbreaking when the character is so young. But the story, while melancholy throughout, does end on a happy, hopeful note.
Amanda
Mar 06, 2016 rated it liked it
This is the 3rd M/M book that deal with mental health issue that I've read this year. What are the chances? Anyway, I tried to refrain from comparing and will judge each by its own merit.

Lucas and Gabriel were online friends when they were 17. They wrote to each other about anything and everything and make a pact to meet at LA when they turned 18. However, Gabriel disappeared off the radar and Lucas has lost his best friend ever since.

5 years later, they meet again and their life is no longer t
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Price drop to $0.99 at Amazon US, 5/24/18! AND get the rest of the series for the same price!

AND Whispersync for only $1.99 more!!
Elsa Bravante
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5

Si me pilla en otro momento seguro que le habría puesto tres estrellas, la escritura en algunos momentos es demasiado simple y en otros repetitiva. Pero, es una historia muy dulce, romántica, con un buen tratamiento de la bipolaridad, y como es lo que me apetecía ahora, le subo a cuatro.

Bonito, muchos feelings.
Janie
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
3.5 stars. I liked it but didn't love it. I liked both MCs but something was just missing for me. I never totally felt the connection between Luke and Gabe. Then the ending was a bit abrupt for me. When it ended I was still trying to flip pages looking for more. There's no epilogue, which I understand not every book will have but...
I know we will see more of them in the next book so I guess we can get more of their story there. I love my epilogues though, just sayin'. I will try more of this ser
Elsbeth
BR with Momo

Review to follow
haletostilinski
Overall I enjoyed this, even though there were a few things that bothered me.

Full RTC....

~*~

So I enjoyed Gabe and Luke together, and I enjoyed this story. I thought the author's did a good job portraying Gabe's bipolar disorder and they didn't treat bipolar disorder like it meant Gabe was crazy or anything like that. They approached it with respect, I think.

I liked how the story handled everything when it all came to a head and how healthy what Gabe and Luke did - how Gabe knew he had to get bet
Dani
Touch the sky is the first book from Christina Lee that I managed to finish. It was entertaining, sweet and fast paced, a thing that I appreciated at the moment. The story was interesting and flows directly to the point without any unnecessary drama.

Lucas and Gabriel met through a chatroom when they were young and as the blurb says, they became each other lifeline until Gabe stops answering his emails. Five years later, they see each other for the very first time at the bar where Lucas works and
Felice Stevens
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful and heart wrenching love story. You'll fall in love with Lucas and Gabe from the first page.
Michelle
Copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 899734151f78ea5ff496dd238d5093_zpskerdfscz.gif

Christina Lee and Nyrae Dawn have teamed up to deliver a touching, heartfelt story that was brimming with so much raw emotions, hope and healing. Touch the Sky is a story that douses readers to FEEL the vulnerability, sadness, love, truth and passion.

#TouchTheSky

Touch the Sky is a m/m genre trope but this book was so much more than your standard romance. The biggest magnetic pull for me was how Ms. Lee and Ms. Dawn were able to tackle the sensitive
charlotte
Rep: gay mc with bipolar disorder, gay li

ITS 2AM AND I DONT DESERVE SUCH AN EMOTIONAL BATTERING HOW THE FUCK AM I GONNA SURVIVE BOOK 2
River
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m

I have a thing for books that have characters with mental illnes. I think it gives people an idea of how it works and how strong these people can be.

Lucas and Gabriel met online when they were teenagers, they both had bad home lives so they found a safe place with each other. They had plans of meeting in LA and chase their dreams untill Gabriel disappeared without a word.

5 years later they are both in LA but they have different lives and neither is chasing their dreams. One change encou
Meags
4 Stars

Beautifully written and deeply moving, this new adult M/M story follows Gabriel and Lucas – two young, lost and lonely men – as they fall in love, while dealing with past hurts, future dreams and some emotionally intense mental health issues.

I would call this story angsty - in a powerfully evocative way that continually made my heart ache, but which ultimately left me feeling hopeful and so very satisfied.

The story deals with forms of mental illness, and although hard to read at times,
Tess
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it

I liked this a lot. I've never read Christina Lee before, but I've read a number of Nyrae Dawn books and this has the same feel and writing style which I enjoy. The romance was very well done and actually better than I expected from the blurb. I probably didn't read the blurb properly but I hadn't realized the two boys hadn't met five years ago - they only had an online friendship - which was a little different. Mental illness is a big issue in this one and I thought it was handled wel
⚣❣☙ Michaelle ❧❣⚣
RTC ...

Need to get it logged for a challenge first.
Nichole (DirrtyH)
May 12, 2016 marked it as abandoned
Shelves: kindle-lendable
Boring. Once the initial conflict is resolved, which happens pretty early, it's like... what now? I just wasn't interested in what happened after that. The writing is too over-the-top for me. Like, everything isn't the biggest deal ever, you know?

I need to stay away from Nyrae Dawn. I read one YA book by her a couple years ago that I really enjoyed so I keep thinking "maybe this one will be better" but everything I've read by her since that first one has been disappointing.
Katrina Passick Lumsden
I actually lost interest in this one for a couple of weeks, and had to force myself to dive back in and finish it. Which is never a good sign. But...meh. It's okay. I'll never read it again, but it's okay.
YullSanna
Прикольно! Living out loud просто копирует эту книгу))) авторы просто взяли и переписали сюжет один в один, не знала, что так можно! Лайфхак, однако.
Если не читали ни того, ни другого, то рекомендую свежую книжку, там больше психологии, хоть и не получилось вытянуть религиозную тему.
Carolien
Feb 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
I was really looking forward to this emotional story but I hate to say it disappointed me. Maybe it's me, not you but I had a hard time getting Lucas and Gabriel a seperate voice in my head. I was constantly thinking in which head I was and I'm not sure why.
Also, the emotional tug...I didn't feel it.
Better luck next time!
Santy
Apr 03, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked everything about this book... Lucas and Gabriel were great.

I really got an insight into living with mental illness and what it means to have someone there for you as you go through it. Also delved into letting go of the past and forging new paths..

It really was a lovely read. :)
Sue bowdley
Wow....I need to take a breather for a minute......I don't know how to start on reviewing this....To say it's an emotional read is probably best....Lucas and Gabriel are just perfect together...From the minute they reconnect to the ending.I'm strongly becoming a firm fan of Nyrae Dawn/Riley Hart and along this book is pushing me to also try some of Christina Lee's own books too......Gabriel broke my heart...his inner problems with his Bipolar Disorder shook me and broke me down.....The way he tr ...more
*~*~Fawkes, Padfoot, and Prongs~*~*
// This book ... so beautifully written <333!! The heartache, the struggle, the hope, the love, the tenderness, the passion ... so true, so HOT, so real, so evocative. This writing duo makes beautiful words together!!

More words and thoughts to come ...

*****
I want book #2!!! I hope it's either another book about Gabriel & Lucas [which would be awesome!!] or a book about Connor & Ezra [it hasn't been confirmed that (view spoiler), but a girl can only hope!]
  • Strong Medicine
  • Hello Forever (Hello Goodbye, #2)
  • When Forever Ended  (Camassia Cove, #2)
  • Selfie (Bluewater Bay, #13)
  • Trailer Trash
  • Defenseless
  • The Only Guy (The Guy, #2)
  • Focus on Me (In Focus #2)
  • Short Stay (Love Lessons, #3.5)
  • The Gig (Speechless #2)
  • Taking a Chance (Restoration, #3)
  • Complementary Colors
  • A Wealth of Unsaid Words
  • First and First (Five Boroughs, #3)
  • Spectacularly Broken (Spectacularly Broken, #1)
  • Resurrecting Elliot (Newport Boys, #2)
  • All That Shimmers (Piece Us Back Together)
  • My Mate Jack (Heated Beat #1)
Mother, wife, reader, dreamer. Christina lives in the Midwest with her husband and son--her two favorite guys. She's addicted to lip balm, coffee, and kissing. Because everything is better with kissing.

She writes MM Contemporary as well as Adult and New Adult Romance. She believes in happily-ever-afters for all, so reading and writing romance for everybody under the rainbow helps quench her soul.

Free Fall (4 books)
  • Chase the Sun (Free Fall #2)
  • Paint the Stars (Free Fall #3)
  • Living Out Loud (Free Fall #4)
“My head lands on his shoulder and I sniff him. He smells like comfort and calm and home. Goddamn, he smells like home. Not the home I left. No way in hell. But the home I wish he could somehow become.” 1 likes
“I’m more than happy to stay on your couch...” “Remember Rose and Jack on the raft?” he asks with a smirk. “I’ll make room.” 0 likes