Start by marking “Erica's Elephant” as Want to Read:
Erica's Elephant

Erica's Elephant

When Erica Perkins wakes up on the morning of her tenth birthday, the last thing she expects is to find a very confused elephant sitting on her doorstep. So begins an unlikely friendship. But can a small girl and a rather large elephant learn to live together in a tiny terraced house? And when the dastardly owner of the local zoo plots to steal the elephant, will Erica be ...more
Published June 2nd 2016 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Erica's Elephant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Erica's Elephant

Mareli Thalwitzer
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lovely little book to finish in one sitting. Not a fairy tale, maybe a bit more of a tall tale that can be enjoyed by children from 7 to 77.

I've read it in Afrikaans and loved this: "die olifant is nie dom nie. Daar is baie dinge wat hy nie weet nie, maar dis glad nie dieselfde as om dom te wees nie".

En die naskrif was regtig soos nagereg!
Robin Stevens
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A warmhearted, funny and totally charming book with gorgeous illustrations by Ashley King, I completely fell in love with Erica and her elephant. Tronk!

Fleurine
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wat een onwijs schattig en leuk kinderboek! Het verhaal is heel grappig beschreven en lekker luchtig. Te cute ❤ ...more
Luna
May 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the ideal book when you wish for a couple of hours of charming storytelling. It is also suitable to reading aloud to a younger audience, who I imagine would be most captivated by the Elephant’s nuanced TRONKing. (I envision this should be done in many different voices to optimum effect.) :)

Erica copes with the unexpected arrival of the Elephant remarkably well. The fact that going to bed with a book is one of her coping strategies just makes her all the more endearing. The Elephant and E
Stephanie
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a really gentle, beautifully written fairytale set in modern-day Brighton (England), with no magic involved but also zero plausibility (quite intentionally on the author's part). Seriously, if you can't suspend your disbelief about the practicality of a fully grown elephant living in a British flat, making its way up- and downstairs, etc - not to mention the MUCH larger issue of a 21st-century young girl being left alone in that flat by her uncle for over two years with just a couple hun ...more
Guguk
Aug 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kukis-gula-merah
Gajahnya cukup manis~ (^-^o) oh, ini buku dengan ukuran huruf yang besar, gambar hitam-putih yang ceria, dan cerita yang sederhana tapi manis.

Cerita di mana Gajah bisa tinggal di dalam kamar, dan apa yang terlihat tidak selalu sama dengan apa yang tak nampak (i.e. pikiran seseorang). Gabungan nyata-tak-nyata yang menghibur imajinasi sekaligus mengingatkan akan hal-hal penting ^^ baik untuk anak-anak maupun orang dewasa (*▽`*)
Mehsi
I already spotted this book several months ago, but I was still unsure about it. And then I saw the book in Dutch in the bookstore. I flipped through it, and fell in love. And then my sweet boyfriend bought the English book for me as a present (Thanks love!), and it arrived a few days ago.

This story is magnificent, so much fun, such a delight, a feast, and I laughed so much. There are good characters, there are baddies, an absent uncle, and then there is an elephant. You can imagine that having
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When the lovely Faye got in touch about the blog tour for Erica’s Elephant, I couldn’t have signed up faster! From the second I saw the cover of the book I knew I was going to love it.
Erica’s Elephant tells the story of Erica Perkins who one morning wakes up to find an elephant on her doorstep. Quite a surreal experience for most I would imagine…however Erica takes it her stride and befriends the elephant; she even allows it to live in her house with her.
Erica and the elephant seem to get on s
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted on:> http://lauraslittlebookblog.blogspot....

Erica's Elephant was one of the most charming and adorable stories I have ever come across. I read the first page to get an idea of what it was like and the next thing I had read it in one sitting. This is the story (as the title suggests) of Erica and her Elephant. Erica lives on her own while her Uncle travels around the world. On the morning of her tenth birthday she finds a very confused elephant on her doorstep, she feels sor
Eve beinguniquebooks
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When an Elephant turns up on ten year old Ella's doorstep, she faces the challenge of feeding herself and the elephant with the last of the money her uncle left her before he went off exploring.

The elephant has a bad knee too whilst word gets around people in their town start to come and pay to see or have a ride. As well as legal ownership issues that arise and cause Erica to find that the elephant may just want to choose his own home...

Complete with illustrations that will win over kids hearts
Sayekti Ardiyani
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Lihat semut-semut itu. Mereka tuli,dan sebagian spesies buta. Mereka memberi tahu satu sama lain dengan sinyal-sinyal kimiawi,-satu untuk bahaya, satu untuk makanan,dan masih banyak kemampuan lain. Sederhana. Sementara, kita bertengkar untuk mencoba memahami satu sama lain,dan setengah dari waktu tersebut kita keliru." (Hal. 90)

Karakter yang unik dan mengejutkan,alur yang tak mudah ditebak,cerita yang seru, serta pelajaran berharga. Ini yang selalu membuat saya menyukai cerita anak. Pesan ketul
Georgina
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing and heartwarming.Though I had to stop around halfway through for a brake because my brain wouldn't process everything that was happening.But in the end I just couldn't stop myself finishing it the same day!
Fitria Mayrani
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Jatuh hati dengan ilustrasinya. Satu kata : Kereeeennnn 😍 Selesai dibaca dalam waktu satu jam. Ceritanya bagus, pesan moralnya dapet.
Steph
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A gorgeous, sweet, quick read. Imagine having an elephant!

I really love this author’s style. 💛
Charlie
Absolutely wonderful, and with so many glorious quotes!!! I had to keep sharing quotes from this, and did not want to put it down at all.
Debbie
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Totally charming. A fantastic little story of love and empathy.
Titis Wardhana
Ilustrasinya imut. Ericanya juga lucu.
Debbie at Snuggling on the Sofa
Love love loved the illustrations! The story was a bit too young for me but was cute nonetheless.
www.ksiazkawprezencie.pl
Książkowy debiut angielskiej autorki literatury dziecięcej i artystki kabaretowej to pogodna, w baśniowy sposób umowna, mimo współczesnych realiów, opowieść o przyjaźni, empatii i pułapkach sądzenia po pozorach.

Główna bohaterka, dziesięciolatka mieszkająca sama, po tym jak wuj wyruszył na wyprawę badawczą do Indii, znajduje pewnego dnia przed drzwiami domu słonia.

Czytaj dalej: http://www.ksiazkawprezencie.pl/bisho...
Pippa Wilson
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So what did I think?

There's really only one thing you need to know about this book: it's just brilliant! Pack it in your suitcase for a treat while you're on holiday (it deserves to be read in a special location). Or if you're not going away, save it for a rainy day when you want to be cheered up. If you could read it at the seaside whilst eating an ice cream, that would be perfect!

As with all the best children's books, Erica is pretty much left to her own devices, so when her uncle sends her an
Samantha
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I was contacted in regarding reading and reviewing Erica's Elephant I jumped at the chance, after reading the blurb I knew this would be something my class would love and I would also enjoy reading to them. I wasn't wrong.

This is about a 10 year old girl called Erica, who one morning wakes up to find an elephant on her doorstep. Erica decides to take the elephant in and look after it, she has been living on her own since her Uncle went travelling around the world and left her some money. I
Kayleigh Cyphus
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: signed
This book totally deserves to be a bestseller because it is AMAZING. Grown ups and children can learn so much from this adorable and fun book and it's one that everyone really ought to read! The characters are brilliant, and, despite this being aimed at younger children and not being a long story, they are so well developed and jump off the page. Of course, this is also to do with Ashley King's INCREDIBLE illustrations which bring life to this beautiful little book. I can't wait to see more from ...more
Shelbycat
Feb 05, 2017 rated it liked it
A lovely little book for younger readers. It felt a little like Lemony Snickett in the style of writing, which i enjoyed. I had a proof copy so i didn't get to see the illustrations which may add an extra something to the story.
Virginie (chouettblog)
"It's the jam in between"

Full review up soon.
Mar 08, 2018
MaTre
May 20, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sylvia Bishop spent an entire childhood reading fiction, dreaming up stories and pretending. She then tried very hard to get to grips with the real world by studying politics and going in to social science research. This was a shock. Thankfully, she discovered improvised comedy at university, which allowed her to carry on making up stories for at least 30% of her waking hours.

Now she writes her st