Start by marking “Renegade (Moonshine Task Force, #1)” as Want to Read:
Renegade (Moonshine Task Force, #1)

Renegade

(Moonshine Task Force #1)

When you fall in love with the most unexpected person, at the most unexpected time……

Ryan “Renegade” Kepler

I’m the type of man who knows what I want. I make up my mind and stay in my lane, never veering off the course I set for myself.

Published March 9th 2017 by Laramie Briscoe Books

To ask other readers questions about Renegade, please sign up.
Laramie Briscoe Hi, I didn't kill any of the good guys in the Heaven Hill Series - I think you may have me confused with someone else! :)

None of the good guys die in…more

None of the good guys die in this series either. (less)

Start your review of Renegade (Moonshine Task Force, #1)
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
*Amazon * B&N * Kobo*
GIVEAWAY

Renegade is the first in Laramie Briscoe's brand new Moonshine Task Force series and introduces us to Ryan Kepler, aka Renegade. He's been in lust with his best friends older sister since he can remember so when he gets the chance to finally show her they could be amazing together he takes it. And blows her mind for that one amazing night. But Whitney Trumbolt has already been hurt in life and she isn't willing to put herself out there again, and
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Ryan "Renegade" Kepler was a good cop, a dedicated agent, a loyal friend, and a man who knew exactly what (and who) he wanted. And for years he's wanted Whitney Trumbolt. So when she drunkenly demanded that he give her a night of pleasure, he couldn't refuse. Unfortunately, in the light of day, the passion cooled and Whitney treated their intimacy as a one-night stand. A night that resulted in a much desired pregnancy. Now Ryan is about to get everything he's ever wanted if he can just convince ...more
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

In this first book within this series Renegade (Moonshine Task Force #1) we’re introduced to Whitney Trumbolt a thirty five year old recently divorced wedding planner and twenty-five year old Ryan ‘Renegade’ Kepler, a police officer whose best friends with Trevor, Whitney’s younger brother.

I go by nickname 'Renegade' and I'm a member of a specialized task force, along with my regular job as a cop.

The opening chapter we’re introduced to a very drunk intoxicated Whitney as she’s
Somia
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ryan (Renegade) Kepler is a dedicated agent, a loyal friend, and a man who knows exactly what and who he wants – for years his wanted his best friend’s older sister - Whitney Trumbolt. And on a night where she has had a fair bit to drink, and her inhibitions are lowered, but Whitney’s uncertainties mean he is going to have to really persuade her that they’re more than a one night wonder, more than sizzling chemistry.

This was an ok-ish read, but for some reason I didn’t find myself potently or
Coco.V
Apr 08, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (4/8/2018)!

Blurb:

Ryan “Renegade” Kepler

Going into the military? Did it. Youngest member of the Moonshine Task Force? That’s me. Get my best friend’s older sister in bed? It was my pleasure.

Age means nothing to me. I’ve seen and done things men twice my age never
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
I started the series out of order, but I'm reading in the right order now and loving every moment.
The author has created wonderful heroes and we are really involved in history wanting it not to end.
Our heroine was depressed and with low self-esteem and drowned in alcohol problems and was willing to have a one-night stand with someone who caught her eye.
Our hero always admired her from afar and took the opportunity to fulfill his dream.
The two together generated an explosion with unexpected
Ann Lou
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
"3.5 pew pew stars!"

First, Thank you Alex for telling me what to expect about this book. :)

Whitney is a 35 year old event planning organizer but she's more into weddings. She's divorced and had been emotionally and physically abused by her ex husband. One night, she went to a bar and got drunk. In her drunkenness, she told Ryan what she wants.

Ryan "Renegade" is a 25 year old ex military, a member of Moonshine Task Force and Trevor's (Whitney's brother) best friend. Whitney was the star of his
Jacqueline's Reads
Oct 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku, single-parent
3 Stars

This is my first book by this author. I wanted a single parent book and I sort of got it. Renegade wasn’t bad but I just don’t think I was in the mood for this book.

I wouldn’t say it’s dramatic, or light or anything out there really.

Renegade is an easy book. The characters have mild tension and there isn’t any damaged history on either one.

The Heroine is ten years older than the Hero and I usually don’t care for that. It wasn’t as big as a deal as I thought it should be.

I think I would
D
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really really enjoyed this! I'm definitely more of a fan of older hero/younger h but if they are wrote right I do enjoy older/younger hero books too. This is one of them, well written with a mature younger hero. This one is completely safe no ow/om drama at all. The h is a divorced but no ex drama. The hero is the h's brothers best friend he always had a crush on the h but was not pinning away for her either. He was really sweet and sexy. The epilogue was good even though it was 10 days later ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review:

I do so love a May/December romance and author Laramie Briscoe delivers BIG TIME in Renegade! Holy freakin’ hotness; a one night stand between a man and his best friend’s older sister (by ten years) leads to fantasies come to life, dreams realized, and so much more. I loved this story from its blistering hot first chapter to the sweet and satisfying epilogue.

They say what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger and Whitney Trumbolt could very well be the poster child for that
Beth
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publication Date: March 9, 2017
Cliff Hanger: No
4 Stars

*This story is for mature audiences only. Contains explicit scenes and language intended for adults 18+

Synopsis:

Ashy Khaira
Apr 30, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was predictable as fuck....and as a someone mentioned to me....should be changed to hot man cover.But here goes my predictable review.
Whitney is a divorcee and ten years older than Ryan "Renegade" Kepler,her younger brother's best friend.Ryan has been fascinated with her as long as he can remember.They have a one night stand which leads to her getting pregnant.and lo and behold....like all predictable boooks,they fall in love and hotman marries whitney
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
This is the first book in The Moonshine Task Force Series and it started with a BANG! Laramie has outdone herself with this story. I loved every minute of it and could not get enough. When I got to the last page I was swiping my Kindle looking for more wanting more because this couple is so off the hook I needed more.

Renegade is your super Alpha male that knows what he wants and goes for it. He does not let anything or anyone get in his way. He is loving his job but wants more out of life. He is
Aly
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: october-2019, 2019
This was so sweet and hot and a super easy read.
The story flew by, the pacing was great and the characters were fun. Whitney wasn't overly dramatic, she was in an abusive relationship and is understandably wary of getting into something serious. Ryan is an amazing man who has loved Whitney for a long time and would do anything for her. They made a great couple and I loved seeing him prove to her that she can lean on him and he wants to be a dad.
I am definitely looking forward to reading Tank's
i fall in love book blog
3.5 Stars

Renegade is the first book in Laramie Briscoe's new Moonshine Task Force series. I thought this was a good start to the series. It set the groundwork for why the task force was necessary and there are obviously going to be more problems with the Strather family in the future. Is there a love interest there?? Leighton seems like a sweet girl caught up in her families problems.

I enjoy the accidental pregnancy trope and this was a sweet romance as well. My only complaint was that there
Siobhan
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My introduction to Laramie Briscoe came through Menace, book five in the Moonshine Task Force series, and since then I have wanted more. Thus, I decided it was finally time to go back to the start of the series and work my way through it. After all, I adored Menace and was excited to find out more about the characters.

If I’m being completely honest, I was a wee bit unsure about Renegade at first. It was an interesting story, I was more than happy to power through it, but it wasn’t pulling the
AG Reads
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. This was great low-angst read with likeable characters and decent development. The Hero, Renegade/Ryan, might have been a little too perfect but he was really sweet and loveable. The heroine, Whitney, is ten years older and his brother's best friend, and is still getting over a bad marriage and divorce. A one night stand with Renegade leads to an unexpected pregnancy when she had thought she couldn't get pregnant. The book follows Renegade and Whitney as they try to learn how to get ...more
Paula White
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5*

I received an ARC copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

I really enjoy Laramie's books as they are so easy to read and the H's are always great. I loved Ryan, his tenacity in getting Whitney to take him seriously and realise he was in for the long haul. It was also nice to see a h not put too many barriers up so there is not a lot of back and forwards which can be irritating! All in all an enjoyable read and I really want Tank's book!
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book

I enjoyed this book so much. I felt so sorry for Whitney and what she went through and then when she and Ryan got together, I thought that it would be their happily ever after.

But it took a while for Whitney to come to terms with the fact that she deserves to be happy and for someone who plans other people's weddings maybe it was time for her to have her happily ever after.

Ryan was awesome, even though he was younger than Whitney he knew what he wanted
Nadine Bookaholic
Feb 09, 2017 marked it as to-read
Cover Reveal & Giveaway now posted on my blog:
Emma
May 07, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A mostly solid ONS + pregnancy = love story - 3*

Whitney is 35 and recently divorced from an abusive man. She gets drunks and takes home her 25 year old brother's best friend Ryan (AKA Renegade). He has been in love with her since his teens and pulls out all the stops to rock her world but then the next morning she wants to pretend it did not happen. Only one teensy tiny little problem. (Is it a plot-moppet if it is in utero? )

What I really did like about this book is that for the most part they
Karin
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is probably one of favorite books by Laramie. It worked on so many levels for me, it's not a drama fueled book. All the issues were mostly in Whitneys head.

Ryan has always had a crush on his best friends sister but, has never pursued anything until he spots Whitney drunk in a bar and she confesses her desires to him. That one night gives Whitney much more than she anticipated.

Ryan was incredible!! He was so tender, caring, alpha, loving the list goes on and on! He understood that Whitney
Susan (susayq ~)
Wow. I just finished this and I have a stupid cheesy grin on my face because I absolutely loved it!

Ryan and Whitney were wonderful together. I want Ryan for myself lol

There was a perfect balance of romance and action. I love the task force that this is centered on. And Yahoo that it's in Alabama :)

*thanks to Give Me Books Promotions for sharing this with me*
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)

This is my first read by this author. I was intrigued by the synopsis. This book is the first in a series about the Moonshine Task Force. Ryan “Renegade” Kepler has known Whitney most of his life. She is his best friend’s older sister. One drunken encounter with Whitney and he knows he needs to do everything in his power to convince her they will be great together. A positive pregnancy test just adds to the urgency of convincing her that age means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I liked
Sbell
If you like super sweet romances, then this
one is for you. Ryan and Whitney have known
each other for years. Ryan is Whitney's 10
yr. younger brothers best friend.

He has always loved her, crushed on her since
he was a teen. Whitney was coming out of
an abusive marriage and always saw Ryan
as her baby brothers best friend.

One weak moment in a bar, a one night stand
later, and we get a really sweet story from
these two.

I liked the simplicity of this story, and I
will def. read more by this author.
Konny
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Renegade is the first book in The Moonshine Task Force Series by Laramie Briscoe.
These Task Force are 5 men, friends and colleaques are members of a Special OPS .

Meet Whitney Trumbolt, a 35 year old divorcee and wedding planer; And Ryan Renegade Kepler, best friend of Whitneys much younger brother Trevor, cop and spec. OPS member.
They live and work in Laurel Springs Alabama.

Whitney and Ryan have a ONS and she gets preggo.
And now the fun begins. Both have issues. She with his age and her self
Kerry Williams
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading Ryan and Whitney's story. I loved how they knew each other for most of their lives, but learned new things about each other as they fell in love. I think I most enjoyed Ryan the tough alpha showing how sweet and loving he could be towards the woman he had been in love with most of his life, and how he balanced that with being her brothers best friend. A very enjoyable read.
Badass Bloggettes
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sharon, series
A few weeks ago, I received an advance review copy of Tank, the second book in the Moonshine Task Force series by Laramie Briscoe. I also received a copy of Renegade , the first book in this series. Both books will stand on their own, however, I believe it is better to read them all and get to know the entire task force and their history. I am certainly pleased I read both books because I love the characters and want to know more about them.

Renegade is the story of Ryan “Renegade” and
Heather.S
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a great start! I loved Ryan and his devotion and dedication to Whitney. The age didn't bother me what so ever (she's 10 years older), of anything it makes me love it more. The book starts with a bang and ends with tearful love. Can't wait for Trevor and blaze, I'm very curious about her!!!!
Erica
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Renegade is book one in the new Moonshine Task Force series and if Ryan's story is anything close to what's to yet to come, this could easily become my new favorite series.
I've read some great books this year but Renegade is at the top of that list, it's been awhile since I read one that grabbed me on every level, pulled me into it's pages and refused to let me go until the very end.
And this is a big one for me because older woman/younger man is almost always a turn off for me, it's one of the

• Impasse (L.A. Nights, #2)
  • Dangerously Taken (Aegis Group Lepta Team #1)
  • Maneuver (Men of Inked: Southside, #1)
  • Nothing But Trouble (Irresistible Billionaires #1)
  • Big Player (a sexy sports romantic comedy) (Size Matters Book 3)
  • Tempting Levi (Cade Brothers, #1)
  • Defending Dani (Alaska Blizzard, #1)
  • Smolder (Firefighters of Montana, #1)
  • Ripped (Contract Killers #1)
  • Pretty Reckless (Deputy Laney Briggs, #1)
  • Secret Acquisitions (Bad Boy Capital, #1)
  • Troy (American Extreme Bull Riders Tour, #5)
  • Meant to Be (Dirty Love, #2)
  • Nailed Down (Nailed Down, #1)
  • Dirty Player (Back to You, #2)
  • Love With An Imperfect Cowboy (Lone Star Dynasty, #1)
  • Depths of Lake (The McCain Saga, #3)
  • Baby Mine: Hunter & Lennon, #1 (Roommate Duet, #1)

Laramie Briscoe is the USA Today & Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author of over 30 books.

Since self-publishing her first book in May of 2013, Laramie has appeared on the Top 100 Bestselling E-books Lists on iBooks, Amazon Kindle, Kobo, and Barnes & Noble. Her books have been known to make readers laugh and cry. They are guaranteed to be emotional, steamy reads.

When she's not writing

Moonshine Task Force (6 books)
  • Tank (Moonshine Task Force, #2)
  • Havoc (Moonshine Task Force, #3)
  • Ace (Moonshine Task Force, #4)
  • Menace (Moonshine Task Force #5)
  • Cruise (Moonshine Task Force #6)