Start by marking “The Wife Line (Sydney Rye)” as Want to Read:
The Wife Line (Sydney Rye)

The Wife Line (Sydney Rye Universe)

4.81  ·  Rating details ·  16 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Sydney Rye thought it would be an easy assignment: trail Nigel Willem, a software company executive because his boss suspects he’s up to something with mysterious trips across Europe. Sydney thinks he’s just a boring businessman.

Then Willem is poisoned in his own home. Van, a mysterious young man with long, scruffy blond hair brings Sydney the dead man’s laptop, saying he
Published March 15th 2016 by Kindle Worlds

To ask other readers questions about The Wife Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wife Line

Gail
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A very well written book with a great cast of characters. The book is filled with intrigue and underworld dealings. Full of twists and turns. What Sydney Rye thought was an easy assignment turns out to be more than she bargained for. Will Van be an asset or prove to be a problem getting in the way? Read the book today for an exciting adventure.
Dianne Biscoe
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book fits in well with the Sydney Rye series and keeps Sydney well in character. Not quite as much violence as some of the "regular" series books but as usual there is a trail of injured folks and destroyed "things" when she and Blue are involved. She just cannot seem to resist helping anyone facing injustice even when Mulberry tells her the case is over for her...she and Van keep at it.

The ending adds an interesting tidbit about Elite Force and I wonder if Emily Kimelman will use it going
Nancy
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sydney's complex character gains more depth in this Kindle World narrative. Sydney can't walk away from injustice; her grit inspires readers to not only cheer her on, but to stand up against injustices in our way. The spotlight on human trafficking alerts us to a reality we might rather pretend doesn't exist, showing the cost when we choose not to see. The return of Van from Jet: Stealth is a bonus, giving an added dimension to both the story and the character.
Gerald Guy
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sydney Rye is a strong female investigator you I have enjoyed for several years. Scott Bury's did not fall short of the fast-paced drama we expect from an Emily Kimelman novel. The heroin was in rare form as she and a mysterious new partner try to bust a white slavery ring. This was a quick and fun read.
Diana
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I had the great pleasure of being able to read the book. although it is ment to compliment the Sydney Rye books, i have to admit that i have not read the original books. this book stands on its own very well. i love the writing style of this writer. I love to be drawn into a book and geting lost in the story both i was able to do with this book.
BJ
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great addition to the Sydney Rye/Blue series. We're introduced to Van, who could be very useful to Sydney in the future. He has a techie friend, very good with anything electronic, using several of his creative 'inventions'. An interesting read!
Roger Eschbacher
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. A fast-paced, exciting, and easy read, "The Wife Line" opens a window into the bleak and deadly dangerous world of human trafficking. There's constant give and take in this story and you're never quite sure if Sydney Rye and her cohorts are setting the trap or walking into one. I first became a fan of Scott Bury's writing after reading his excellent fantasy novel, "The Bones of the Earth." Now, I'm pleasantly surprised to discover ...more
Anima
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adventure
Bury has been writing novellas for KW for at least three separate series. He has a way of jumping in and capturing the series vibe. When he wrote for Russell Blake's series Jet partnered with a surfer type guy named Van. We get to see Van again in action with Sydney and it's truly exciting and heart pounding. Battling the never ending crime of human trafficking the two lead a path across Europe of blood and bad guys.
Sharon Scott
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down and read it all the way to Hawaii. I absolutely loved the interaction between Sydney and a new addition Van. The plot was relevant to today and there was enough action and suspense for two books. I do hope Scott plans on a sequel to this book I would be first in line to purchase it!
Jackie
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great amazing. Couldn't put it down. Wow. Love the Sydney Rye series and now another superb author is part of this world. Jackie
Glenn E. Miller
Aug 16, 2016
Mindy
Oct 28, 2016
Scott Bury
May 16, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Carrie Stine
Dec 25, 2017
Sandi
added it
Feb 04, 2018
Scott Bury can't stay in one category.

After a 20-year career in journalism, he turned to writing fiction. "Sam, the Strawb Part," a children's story, came out in 2011, with all the proceeds going to an autism charity. Next was a paranormal short story for grown-ups, "Dark Clouds."

The Bones of the Earth, a historical fantasy, came out in 2012. It was followed in 2013 with One Shade of Red, an eroti
More about Scott Bury

Sydney Rye Universe (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Rough Road (Sydney Rye)
  • The Catalyst (Sydney Rye; Eliza Carlisle Mystery #1.5)
  • Nemesis (Sydney Rye; Galilee Falls Trilogy #3.5)
  • The Three Way (Sydney Rye)
  • The Storybook Murders (Sydney Rye)
  • Fatal Interest (Sydney Rye; Ghost Girl Files #1)
  • Strange Behavior (Sydney Rye)
  • Walk Softly, Danger (Reed Ferguson Mystery; Sydney Rye)
  • Justice (Sydney Rye Kindle Worlds; A Reed & Billie Novel Book 5)
  • The Shrike (Sydney Rye Kindle Worlds; Nemesis Investigations Book 1)