Start by marking “Flying Blind (The Flykeeper Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Flying Blind (The Flykeeper Chronicles, #2)

Flying Blind

(The Flykeeper Chronicles #2)

Published May 2016

To ask other readers questions about Flying Blind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flying Blind

2OCC Reviews
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alice
If you want a book that shatters all illusions about flies, this is it.

Iolani pulls people to the safety of her farm home through the flies' vortex, away from the soul snatchers.

In this book the soul snatchers use tornadoes, hurricanes and destruction to lure people into their vans, promising them help, only to steal their souls and their lives with the glowing green lanterns.
After being betrayed, the farmhouse is attacked, and Iolani ends up locked away with not even the flies to help her.

A
Jenn Sut
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
The second book in a fascinating dystopian fantasy series. The first book is always my favorite as it introduces the new world and characters. This second book continues the magical journey. It also introduces some new characters. It is paced well and picks up where the first book leaves off. It does the characters justice and doesn't disappoint. If you read the first one, and I'm assuming you did, read this book to continue the adventure.
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Iolani is back and trying to save everyone she can from the stealers with the help of her trusty friends the flies yes I said flies. The flies do whatever Lani asks them to do. Her fly friends help her get out of some very tough spots that she somehow manages to get herself into most of the time with the help of others that either want to stop her or use her and her flies for their own purposes good or bad.

Lani is kidnapped and is made to do things with the help of her flies that she would neve
Karen
This is a uniquely odd book,and I really enjoyed it.The author has a beautiful and elegant writing style.The addition of a strong and brave young woman fighting to save the world from the memory stealers is inspiring.I was unsure about this series when I first heard about,but I'm really glad I gave it a chance.I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Kimberly Vanderbloom
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reading the first book you quickly get wrapped up in to the story and you just need more. The author definitely delivered and continued where the first book ended. The battle was won but the war is on going and with a new rag tag sort of team you get it is time to go along a new adventure fighting the same beast. I was blown away by the writing and thought the story flowed naturally. The new characters were a great addition and the old characters were welcomed back with open arms from me. The sp ...more
Tommi Crow
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lani's back and has more enemies but still has her flies!

Iolani Bearse has already taken Chong and the memory Stealers and won. But that doesn't mean the war is over! This is an action packed sequel to The The Flykeeper and in my opinion, a must read. Follow Lani on her flysight travels into trouble, and out. Read about loss, love, and true friendship.
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon

*** 3.5 to 4 Cranky Stars ***

I described “Flying Away” as wonderfully strange and meant it in the best possible way.

Flying Blind picks up where Flying Away left off where Gill uses her wonderful style of writing. Her trademark prose is reminiscent of Lewis Carroll’s Mad Hatter-style of high fantasy and the imagery it evokes is great.

This story is told in multiple points of view, but Iolani (Lani), our heroine from Flying Away is the anchor. Her powers have grown and so have her enemies. Some fri
S.F. Benson
Apr 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
“Flying Blind” by Caroline A. Gill was an interesting installment in the Flykeeper Chronicles. This time we get an in-depth look into the imagined world of flies—how they see, how they behave, how they eat. Iolani’s story intertwined with a new character, an elderly man named Al.

His story interested me. Al was a simple man in retirement living out his days in a senior living facility. Then the Stealers came along and changed his life. He learned about strength and friendship through his ordeal.
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Caroline Gill has managed to make the happy ending from book one quickly disappear into oblivion. Malcolm is nowhere to be found, has he been forgotten or is he being given a gift by Lani not bringing him into another catastrophe?! This book is just as much, or more, heartwrenching to read as the first one as Lani is broken mentally and physically over and over again until you're sure she's seen the end. Except she can't seem to ever find peace or death. Her flies are her only loyal and constant ...more
Cmoore
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-2016-reads
Even with Chong behind bars, it hasn't stopped the memory merchants... The 'Memory Stealers' are still at work, and Iolani is gearing up for war!

Once again Caroline's book emphasizes Love and Family and Fly Magic... Friendships and Traitors... And this time even Revenge!

... "I knew dirt. I loved dirt. I wallowed in it. He had no dirt on him. ... At least, that's what the cameras in the corners of the room recorded. From his hair and his pockets, fly eggs fell on me, like sprinkles on a cupcake.
Amy Bartelloni
I love the journey that Ionani’s on in this Flying Away series. She’s got such a great character arc, and you can really see how strong she’s become since Flying Away. And she has to be! This book introduces some great characters, even the main villain, who’s hardcore. The stealers are still chilling – the stuff of nightmares. And although it’s sci/fi, there’s enough detail to make them eerily believable. I love, love the characters in this series, and the introduction of Al, Chessie, and James ...more
United Indie Book Blog
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book two in the Flykeeper Chronicles, and after reading book one I wasn't sure I wanted to continue with the series but I kept going back and forth and finally decided to continue and I'm glad I did. Where I felt book one was all over the place, I felt book 2 had a more stable storyline and it's probably because of book one I felt this way. It makes you look a flies in a different light, such a common bug that you don't really think about unless they are flying around you. Caroline created anoth ...more
Claudia
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I gotta tell you, I just loved this book. It is full of twists and turns and surprises as Iolani uses her abilities to save as many people as she can from the memory stealers. We meet some new characters in this episode, Al and Cheesie, a couple of old men who escape with their lives from a nursing home, a former soldier trying to adjust to civilian life, a power hungry secret service agent, and a sweet woman who comes into Al's life. There is lots of action in this story, like I said lots of t ...more
Teri
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Memory Catchers are back and using natural events to cover their stealing. Lolani is still controling flies and using them to wreck havoc. We are rewarded with a great read with lots of action and spine tingling danger. A great read with the characters we met in book one continuing to provide us with a great story that stretches our emotions to the brink.
Brea Behn
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The magic is back. Once again, this proved to be a unique and intense adventure. I loved the side stories, the details and the constant battle of really bad versus a young girl with only the magic of her flies on her side. Can't wait to read the next one.
Paula Genereau
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book. Caroline has a way of making you fall in love with her books. I actually got sucked in and didn't want to put it down.

I received a copy of the book for my honest review
Raychel Faulkner
Kathy Beachy
Aug 28, 2016
Kirsty Bicknell
Caroline Gill
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Nicole  Thomas
Haley
May 22, 2016
Alan Saxon
May 22, 2016
Born to a broken world, caught up in the arms of a loving home, I was adored when I was little. Head full of curls and laughter beyond measure were all my memories of childhood. That and a penny jar my sister and I kept, ready to take it to the store. When that didn't happen, we left it in the bushes outside the yard, knowing that we would spend the money tomorrow. Imagine the sorrow we felt when ...more

The Flykeeper Chronicles (2 books)
  • Flying Away (The Flykeeper Chronicles #1)