Start by marking “Last Line” as Want to Read:

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  150 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
I’m arrogant and filthy rich.
Two truths that land a new woman in my bed nightly.

Uncomplicated…
Uncommitted...
And completely satisfying.

When you don’t care, you can’t get hurt.

But when Bailey Jameson walked into my bar, she immediately started complicating things. One night wasn’t enough and our pasts are too similar. We were bound to fall for our urges.

I craved every
Published August 17th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Last Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Line

Candy Box
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Heather Stone done amazing on her 1st full length novel. This book is a standalone following the amazing characters known as Reed and Bailey.
Through everything Bailey has went through sobriety has been the toughest. 2 years later Mr. Reed Lawson walks into her life as her boss. The connection they have instantly is undeniable. Keeping their hands off each other was impossible. Through everything with Bailey's condition things start to fall apart but are slowly pieced back together. The reason I
Jessica Ramsey
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice quick read.

I won an Kindle copy from a Facebook giveaway for an honest review.
I quickly fell in love with Bailey right off the bat. She's trying to get passed old demons when she lands a job that could throw her back to her old addictions. She meets Reed her new boss and they have an instant connection....
Lots of ups and downs, drug use, jealousy, and feelings hurt throughout the book. We learn that both Bailey and Reed have struggled with the same issues in the past Reed is able to help h
Kristie
Aug 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
By: Heather Stone

3.5 star review by Kristie K.

Our favorite author of the insta-love novella, Heather Stone, has finally blessed us with her first full length, standalone novel. As with many readers, I was anxious for this development in Ms. Stone’s career. The question now is, was it everything we hoped it would be?

Reed Lawson is a billionaire playboy that enjoys uncomplicated relationships that only amount to dirty sex and no expectations for more. With a past as dark as his hand mad
Alecia ~☆~The Staircase Reader~☆~
Okay…Let me start this review off by letting you know that Last Line involves drug use and the process of addiction and recovery. If this is a trigger for you i highly recommend you read at your own risk.

Last Line is a story about two people facing and battling a drug addiction.

Reed Lawson is a successful night club owner but his life hasn’t always been about success. His life used to center around partying and looking for his next fix. Until one tragic night.

Fast Forward a couple of years.

Baile
Jennifer Diaz
I'm addicted to all things Heather Stone! I love that she brings hot novellas that pack a lot of punch in a small package. With Last Line, she give us much more and I loved it! Heather is known for insta-love hotness and I'm ok with that. It's nice to take a break from the stories where they are resist each other instead of taking full advantage of what they both know what they want! This did touch on more series issues and was not just full of fluff so a job well done to the author!

Bailey is a
Christine Frieseke-Miller
Aug 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Last Line is the first book I've read by this author. First I'd like to say this book is about drug use and fighting addiction, so if those are triggers for you, then this may not be the book for you. I found this book to be a whirlwind romance between Reed, a guy who has never wanted anything more than a one night stand, and Bailey who is a recovering addict trying to get her life together. Reed and Bailey give into their attraction after only meeting once at the club. Bailey works for Reed and ...more
Suzanne Radcliffe
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Last Line is about Bailey Jameson and Reed Lawson. We meet Bailey as she is starting her first day (well, night, really) at Reed's Club L.E.X. Her sister, Leah, knows Reed and got her the job there. There is an instant attraction between the two when they see each other and Bailey finds herself giving in to Reed's demands when he asks for a meeting in his office.

I do not give spoilers, so this review is a tough one for me. I will say the story was full of the insta-love and hot love scenes I've
Crissy
Aug 24, 2016 rated it liked it
The Last Line was an okay read for me. Bailey, Reed and Damon all have demons; some are present demons they're still battling and some are past demons that still have a hold on them. All of them know what addiction cost them, they've all paid a price. They also know that in order to change your situation you have to want that change for yourself, you have to want that help for no one other than yourself. There were things I both liked and disliked about the story. I disliked how Bailey's charact ...more
Rhonda F
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If only Reed was a drug .... you'd be HOOKED! I dont know why this book got such low stars on here , it rated better on Amazon ... I loved the storyline , and plot. I thought it was a great read , and i will read it again . I dont give spoilers, but I know there are alot of books out here like this one maybe thats why some people rated it as they did ?, but i honestly enjoyed the whole theme of things . I hope to see maybe a series out this ? I think it could be possiable. Maybe pov books or fro ...more
Christy McCurry
3 stars

Reed Lawson carries the guilt of his past. He struggles daily and uses his club as a crutch to hold onto that guilt. Bailey Jameson is fighting her own battles. She has secrets that she holds onto and deals with them competely alone.

This story is a quick short read and while I am trying to be evasive and not give away any spoilers. I will say it took me a bit to build a connection to the characters and even then I am not sure that I felt completely connected. The characters have a instan
Shan ~ A ~
Very serious subject matter.

Why someone would put themselves in a position of temptation when dealing with an addiction is beyond me. Our heroine (Bailey) does that, our hero also in a way, she isn't no where near strong enough mainly because she didn't get any real help and is still living in semi denial by not being honest with the people who love her.
Even knowing this she forges ahead.

Our hero (Reed) owns the club where Bailey goes to work, he is dealing with his own demons when it comes to t
Rica
**Received an ARC for an Honest Review. Thank You.**

3 to 3.5 Stars!

Bailey and Reed both have their own demons they are struggling with. Their demons center around a common theme. Reed seems to have a better grasp of what he is up against whereas Bailey continues to struggle. I think the difference is that with Bailey, she is dealing with it on her own, without the support of her family and "friends". I enjoyed reading this book. I did find at times it was hard to connect with the characters, how
Carol
Aug 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Last Line

Dealing with real issues, drug addiction, recovering addict, Bailey ends up getting a job in a very high end bar, but not a great place to work when being a recovery addict. She meets Reed, owner of the club L.E.X. That she works at, he is very drawn to her, but he is your hit it, leave it type of guy. And he wants Bailey. She is struggling, bartender, Damon befriends Bailey, he is a addict, still uses, but honors her not using and doesn't offer to her. Great story about individual's wi
Wendy Livingstone
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC for an honest review.
Firstly, I must just state that this storyline in about drug use and addiction. If these are triggers for you then read at your own peril. Reed is a playboy club owner, who deals daily with guilt after a tragic event. Bailey is a recovering addict, and works as a bartender at the club. The attraction between this two at first sight is instant and intense.
This story is written in duel POV’s, which shared a great insight into these two personalities, and what
Lori Kathleen
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Last Line is a book that on the surface seems like it is about two broken people and addictions. However, Reed, a young playboy club owner, and Bailey the struggling girl in his employ are more than that. It is about redemption and moving on.

I didn't think I would like this book as much as I did. I started it with an open mind, and I am glad I did.

I am not big on spoilers in reviews, but I will say that this book is about facing the past, being honest with oneself, and friendship. It is also abo
T Van
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lopsided Addiction Treatment

Heather West's first full-length novel centers Bailey, a young woman with a secret addiction and no work options. The problems only derail Bailey, and not the rich people in the book, or the men, and that was a trifle annoying. But club life costs, and this was the message conveyed in what is at essence, an instalove story. There's a fair amount of heat, but the steam takes a back seat to characters. I particularly liked how Reed's mom was positioned, and that West l
Angie Box
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book for my honest opinion and I have to say that I was not disappoint it was awesome I love how it starts off and then you say I didn't see that coming and I know that I would tell everyone that I know to please read this book it will help I don't tell what the storyline is but this one is amazing and I am a very emotional reader and this book brought out all of my emotions. I gave this book five stars and it's a must read book Heather Stone did not disappoint me with ...more
Margie   'CSR' Fite
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heartbreaking fabulous!!

WOW!! Just WOW! This book truly blew me away!!! So many issues and what a wonderful job this author did. This book touched on addiction, death, relapse & so much more!! This is one you don't want.to pass up!!! Even with tough topics, it has some mAjor hot.dirty.talking.- Alpha man,.ReEd!!! Hot who seems it pages with Bailey!!! Looking forward to reading Bailey's.sister -.Leah and.Jase's.story next!!! :)
* Jessica at The Glamourholic Book Club  *
Where do I even start?? It was just too good. This is my first book I've read by Heather Stone and I loved it. Heather Stone shows the struggles of drug addiction that many people may not know or even care to know. You have Reed that man whore who falls for Bailey who struggles with things. They both have gone through a lot. The writing is fantastic. The sex scenes are steamy. Definitely a great read.

(ARC received for my honest review)
Lynne Fredo
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing with how Bailey and Reed's chemistry works. They fall in love and survive as life throws obstacles in their paths through out the whole book. This must be read so you live right alongside them. The ending is great and I don't want to be a spoiler for the plot!
Tracey
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was an entertaining read Lawson and Bailey had great chemistry the story plot flowed well found myself reading this book within a hour. Secy steamy love scene and a good story plot to match.

I received this copy for a honest review
Sarah Pie
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed Last Line. The chemistry between Reed and Bailey was smoking hot. But what I loved most about this book is that everyone deserves a second chance. To change their course in life and start again. And that we all deserve to be loved.
Jennifer Hough
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great book, I received this book for an Honest review. The characters were well written, and both suffered immense tragedy, I recommend this book and this won't be the last book I read from this author...
Danielle Robbins
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Last Line is about Reed Lawson and Bailey Jameson. They meet when Bailey gets a job at Reed's bar and they have a insta connection. They both have their demons. I liked how we got to see how Bailey dealt with her struggles. I loved Reed and Bailey. The sex scenes were so hot. I loved this book!
Jamie
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story line

I really enjoy this story. Both reed and bailey are battling demons . Little do both of them know that they will help change each other for the good.
Roni
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
To see a man and a woman over come demons. Love love Bailey and Reed. I hope we have book 2 soon!!!
Elfega Cornejo
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Aldy
Apenas entra en este nuevo trabajo tiene al jefe -que aparece de la nada- atrás de ella? Baaasta de cincuenta sombras! Harta de autoras que hacen personajes perfectos
Ailee