Start by marking “Nimona” as Want to Read:
Nimona

Nimona

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  70,563 Ratings  ·  8,521 Reviews
Nimona es una impulsiva cambiaformas con un don para la villanía. Sir Trabuco Negroni [Ballister Blackheart] es un villano con deseos de venganza. Los dos están a punto de conmocionar a todo un reino. Su misión: demostrar que Sir Ambrosio Pieldorada y sus colegas del Instituto de Justicia y Heroísmo no son tan heroicos como todos suponen.

¡PELIGRO!
¡DRAGONES!
¡CIENCIA¡
¡SIMBOL
Published February 2016 by Editorial Océano de México (first published May 12th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Nimona, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Lara Willard
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Heather I liked the ending. Yes, I wish I knew how she survived, but then again the book tried to constantly balance magic and science. Her survival was magic…moreI liked the ending. Yes, I wish I knew how she survived, but then again the book tried to constantly balance magic and science. Her survival was magic despite Ballister's desire for science. (less)

Jesse (JesseTheReader)
This was so great! I love Noelle Stevenson's writing & art style. Can she just write a million more graphic novels please?
Zoë
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing! I loved the strong, unique characters, the plot, the humor, the art, and everything else!
Raeleen Lemay
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
hilarious, touching, with beautiful art and an interesting ending.

Great for fans of Vicious by V.E. Schwab and Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl (because the Simon Snow vibes were strong, let's be real)
Lola

‘‘I can’t have a kid following me around all day.’’

‘‘I’m not a kid. I’M A SHARK.’’

Pouahaha. What a story! What witty dialogs! Filled with humour, adventure, magic and friendship, it will certainly charm and entertain the hell out of you. This title used to be a DNF of mine, before I decided to give it a second shot. Glad I did! What made me stop reading it the first time around was the graphics, because this is a style that never appealed to me, but truth is, it just grows on you, as do the
Emily May
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Notorious villain - Ballister Blackheart - gets a new sidekick to help him wreak havoc, obtain vengeance, and fight the Institution. But his new sidekick - Nimona - is a shapeshifter with a mysterious past and a mind of her own. Plus, he also has a love/hate relationship with his friend-turned-nemesis - Sir Ambrosius Goldenloin.

Heroes & villains, science & magic, bloody battles & so many giggles...

Well, I enjoyed it ;)

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr | Youtube
Victoria Schwab
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
F*cking fabulous.
Patrick
Jul 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm always willing to pick up an Indie comic, especially one written by a name I recognize. This one did not disappoint.

It's funny at times, sweet at times, pleasantly subversive without being heavy-handed or preachy.

I'm reading through it with my little boy right now, and he's enjoying it too....

Nat
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
description
This review contains *spoilers*.

I’ve been meaning to read this graphic novel for a few months now and I’m really happy that I finally did.
It had me hooked right from the beginning and wouldn’t let go till the end. I loved it!

This story follows Nimona, a shapeshifter, and Ballister Blackheart, a villain with a vendetta.
They are partnering up as sidekick and supervillain, and are about to wreak some serious havoc.
Their main mission: prove to the kingdom that Sir Ambrosius Goldenloin and his buddi
Sean Gibson
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.8 Stars

Warning: Spoilers and mawkish sentiment ahead, and very few jokes (though that will be a relief to most of you).

At first blush, Nimona is the tale of a precocious but powerful girl’s quest to apprentice herself to the villainous Lord Ballister Blackheart as he fights the forces of good and justice, led by the spectacularly appellated (yes, I just verbed “appellation”...deal with it) Sir Ambrosius Goldenloin. As our tale begins, we learn that Nimona is a shapeshifter and can take the fo
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
Lord Ballister Blackheart is a dastardly villain. Well, not really. He could be with the right little push.
Enter Nimona!

Chicago commercial photographers

Nimona shows up one day and announces that she is now his side kick. She has some kick ass powers of shape-shifting. She can turn into any living thing. Even other human forms. The only form she can't take is something inanimate.

Nimona is primed to help Blackheart be the best super villain ever. If he would let her. She is ready to kill some people including the king. Hey, th
may ❀
Reasons Why This Graphic Novel is the Best

1. Nimona
This girl is my favourite thing in the entire world and if I could just get a book based solely off her adventures I’d be content for the rest of my life

2. Humour
THIS. BOOK. IS. BLOODY. HILARIOUS.

3. Blackheart
Do not be fooled by his title of “villain,” Blackheart is a marshmallow and the Dad Friend.

4. Villains !!!
Is there any explanation needed, we all love a bunch of good anti-heroes

5. Action
This graphic novel was action packed and honestly
Cait • A Page with a View
What an absolute little gem of a story... this was like the definition of heartwarming and hilarious! I don't read a lot of graphic novels (ok, like none) but I absolutely LOVED this.

It's this awesome mix of medieval + science/technology with magic, knights, dragons, and villains who... save the kingdom? The story was super fun, but THE CHARACTERS ARE SO WELL DONE TOO. Seriously check this out because it's straight up adorable.

Catriona (LittleBookOwl)
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
This was so much fun!
Loved the humour and the characters!
Whitney Atkinson
That ending has me so confused but the art style of this is great and the humor was totally up my alley! But Nimona was definitely not the character I was expecting her to be, and that was kinda upsetting.
Kristina Horner
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS BOOK WAS SO MUCH FUN. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS AND I LOVED IT FOREVER AND EVER.

Lord Blackheart was such a great, complex character, and Nimona was a star. Goldenloin was everything. I loved it. Re-reading immediately. Lending it to everyone I know.
Steph Sinclair
Loved! Adorable characters with just the right amount of snark. I approve! Review to come.
Samantha
I originally didn't plan on reading Nimona. I did not know about its history as a webcomic before sitting down to read it, and didn't know what to expect beyond the hype. But when I got it in a subscription box, I thought I'd give it a go. Ultimately, as per usual, the hype did the story a disservice.

I was actually surprised by how "meh" I felt about this story. First of all, I don't care for Noelle Stevenson's art style. Although I don't judge a graphic novel completely on its art style, it doe
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
PERFECTION
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
"You can't just go around murdering people. There are rules, Nimona!"

description

Nimona was such a fluffy yet meaningful read. It proves as a light escape from reality and into the world of dragons, heroic laws, good villains, broken doors and mostly SHARKS!!! I loved the art-style and the use of so many literary devices within the words and graphics that allowed the story to fly off the pages and straight into my heart.
___________

The Story
This was nowhere near what I expected it to be. I was so happi
María
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nimona es una jovencita cambiaformas que decide convertirse en la ayudante de un temible súpervillano -con un oscuro pasado, por cierto-. Hasta ahí, puede parecer simplón. Pero no os dejéis engañar por eso. Nimona es divertida, tierna, con humor. A medida que avanza la trama se va salpicando igualmente de momentos de oscuridad. Además, le da una patada a los estereotipos. Ay, en serio, no todas las mujeres tenemos cintura de avispa y pechos gigantescos. La protagonista es una chica bajita, con c ...more
✨Brithanie
I can't believe I waited so long to read this! 💗
Nimona just turned my bad day around! 💗
Side note: I want to be a shark! 😂
Chel
Oct 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comfort-reads
"I'M A SHAAAAAAARK!"
♛Tash
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nimona sticker!:

At first shift, Nimona is the story of a skilled, yet impulsive, villain side kick and her ornery master, Ballister Blackheart. I was expecting the classic mentor-mentee relationship ala Batman and Robin, but I was pleasantly surprised that it's way more than that. Let's just say it's more like Batman and Joker.Together, they do whatever it is villainous duos do, create chaos and mayhem, and work on fulfilling personal vendettas against the Institution and their #1 hero Sir Goldenlion.

Though I a
Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars

So this is definitely one of the cutest graphic novels I've read in 2017.

I first want to highlight how great of a character Nimona is. I mean, just look at her. She's a big girl. Shaved head. Piercings. Oh, and she's a fucking shapeshifter.

She's a badass with an attitude & an unshakable desire to be an evil sidekick. I mean, I'm not sure what else you could want in a main character?

Anyway, Nimona herself is definitely one of the high points in this comic & I lo
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
Jul 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ by: Paige
3.5 stars. All I do is reading graphic novels and drinking tea these days. I’m pretty sure some shape-shifter took possession of me, wrote all these evil plans to take over the world

(wow, they’re specific)

changed my coffee into water sorry, tea and forgot to turn off the TV. Is that a zombie I’m seeing ? Gosh. Ridiculous.

All that’s missing is a morally ambiguous supervillain (yes, I know how stupid that sounds, but bear with me, ‘kay ?) seeking revenge against a dystopian-like organization and
Carmen
This was very good but it made me sad. :( So I can't give it five stars. I was too sad.

Lord Blackheart is a "villain." But actually not. He's a good guy who never wants anyone to die and is actually only fighting against the evil Institution which rules this land. He acts like an old grumpy man and is obsessed with science.

One day an energetic young woman (15? ish?) shows up. She is a very powerful shapeshifter and she wants to help Blackheart take down the Institution.

...

THE GOOD:

- Nimona is
Sanaa
Jul 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-read
[4.5 Stars] This one was super cute and even made me a bit emotional! Definitely a fantastic read!
Cece (ProblemsOfaBookNerd)
*4.5/5

Fantastic! Definitely a book that lived up to the hype.
Elizabeth
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
MY HEART!

Dragons! Kitties! Magic! Gay! Science! Friendship! ALL THE THINGS!

Humorous and heartwarming, this is a perfectly realised world where science and magic co-exist quite happily, and a dark hearted villain gains an adorably dangerous new sidekick - Nimona.

A shape-changing girl with a strange past Nimona shakes up the villain's routine and forces both he, the town, and us, to reconsider just what makes someone a bad guy.

And she's great.

And there's DRAGONS.
Maria Angelica
AMEI. Uma estória linda sobre compaixão e amizade, contada através de um humor leve e gostoso. Brinca com o clichê dos vilões e mocinhos de uma forma muito interessante!
Essa graphic novel é obrigatória na estante de quem ama esse formato.
Minha única reclamação é que não tinha mais. Leria 800 páginas das aventuras do Blackheart e da Nimona. Li tão rápido que agora estou me sentindo perdida... Quero mais Nimona agoraaaaa!!
I Read Comic Books: June BotM Discussion - Nimona 10 31 Jun 30, 2018 04:45PM
SciFi and Fantasy...: "Nimona" - First Impressions *No Spoilers* 49 120 May 29, 2018 01:10PM
SciFi and Fantasy...: "Nimona" Full Discussion *Spoilers* 41 56 May 24, 2018 03:25PM
The Challenge Fac...: Leo & Delitealex - Nimona 5 16 Dec 29, 2017 03:38PM
  • Princeless, Vol. 1: Save Yourself
  • The Shadow Hero
  • Baba Yaga's Assistant
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 4: Last Days
  • Giant Days, Vol. 2 (Giant Days, #2)
  • Bandette, Volume 1: Presto!
  • The Adventures of Superhero Girl
  • Rat Queens, Vol. 2: The Far Reaching Tentacles of N'rygoth
  • Hilda and the Black Hound (Hilda, #4)
  • SuperMutant Magic Academy
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 2: Squirrel You Know It's True
  • Delilah Dirk and the King's Shilling (Delilah Dirk, #2)
  • Drowned City: Hurricane Katrina and New Orleans
  • Saga, Vol. 5 (Saga, #5)
  • Strong Female Protagonist. Book One (Strong Female Protagonist, #1-4)
  • Honor Girl: A Graphic Memoir
Noelle Stevenson is a comic artist and freelance illustrator residing in Los Angeles, California. She published the young adult graphic novel NIMONA in 2015, which is also serialized online . She has been nominated for a Harvey Award, and was awarded the Slate Cartoonist Studio Prize for Best Webcomic in 2012. She is a graduate of the Maryland Institute College of Art and has done published work f ...more

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
  • A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel: Volume One
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth Book 2)
    $9.99 $2.49
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Book of the Unnamed Midwife (The Road to Nowhere, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Witch's Reign (Desert Cursed, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
“You can't just go round murdering people. There are rules, Nimona.” 26 likes
“Of course... I still wonder about every stranger who gives me a knowing look. About every cat who watched me too closely. I can only hope I reached her in some small way. I can only hope that if she does come back, she'll know me for who I am. A friend.” 0 likes