Start by marking “Wrapped Together (Portland Heat, #5)” as Want to Read:
Wrapped Together (Portland Heat, #5)

Wrapped Together (Portland Heat #5)

In the bustling restaurants, shops, and cafés of Portland, Oregon, things really heat up for the hard-working men behind the scenes when the holidays come into town . . .

For a stationery store owner, the holidays are great for business. But for Hollis Alcott, Christmas reminds him of the tragic events of three years past, and the last thing he wants to do is take part in P
Published December 6th 2016 by Lyrical Shine

To ask other readers questions about Wrapped Together, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrapped Together

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Awww! There is a lot of cuteness going on here!

We have Hollis, uptight, introverted owner of a paper/stationary store and daddy to a cat named Bunny, and Sawyer, fun, boisterous, and an all-around good guy.

Everyone loves Sawyer. EVERYONE.

Except Hollis. Because. It's COMPLICATED.

Hollis wraps himself in scarves and grief, and he's particularly grouchy around the holidays because the cheer reminds him so much of what he's lost. Hollis avoids Sawyer, but Sawyer is everywhere.

Sawyer is also a sma
Lisa
Dec 07, 2016 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, for-review

4.5 Stars

Wrapped Together by Annabeth Albert is the fifth book in her Portland Heat series. I am a huge fan of this author with her fun and heart-warming books that leave you clenching your heart and happily sighing. This book was no exception. From the first page I was hooked and wanted to see just how things would play out between the surly stationary store owner and the sexy and boisterous gift shop owner with a personality that was hard to ignore. I loved the fact that this was a holiday tal
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*4.5 stars*

Annabeth Albert brought the goods with a heart-melting holiday story in her awesome Portland Heat series! Wrapped Together really delivered, and it even made my little Jewish heart yearn for mistletoe and Christmas trees. Oy vey!

I adore holiday stories, but they can be tricky to pull off in novella format. There is a lot of expectation there because a holiday romance has a double whammy of having to make you crave specific holiday nostalgia and also pull off a believable romance. But
Meags
Dec 14, 2016 Meags rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

My personal favourite of the series so far and a great Christmas read to boot!
Adam

Check out the blog tour stop HERE. There's a giveaway!

I’m a fan of opposites-attract romances in any case, but even better is a romance between a holiday grinch and someone who can’t get enough of the Santa jizz. It’s bound to be a funny and heart-warming ride!

description

I immediately liked Hollis. Sure, he’s a bit short with most people and his self-isolation wasn’t doing him any favours. But reading the book from his POV, it was clear that underneath that hard exterior was a big old softie. And
.Lili.
Dec 06, 2016 .Lili. rated it it was amazing

photo image_zpsqdyws6or.jpg

What did I think about Wrapped Together?

Friends to Lovers + quirky introvert + fun loving guy + a little kink = Come to mama!

From the blurb, we're told that how not only are Hollis and Sawyer store neighbors but practically family. They've known each other years and have always skirted around each other. After a tragic loss, Hollis has retreated into further into his shell, but this Christmas Sawyer is determined to bring Hollis some holiday cheer.

What I loved

– Hollis. He’s an introvert- lik
R * A Reader Obsessed *
Dec 19, 2016 R * A Reader Obsessed * rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, holidays
4.5 Holiday Stars!!

Now that’s what I call a holiday story!

I've got to say that this is my favorite read of the season thus far!

For Hollis, tragedy has unfortunately held him back from fully living these last three long years, where guilt has increasingly tethered him to a more isolated existence. He’s been using his grief as an excuse to avoid the holidays, as it brings just too many painful memories to bear. However, this year he can’t escape, as his childhood friend Sawyer, who’s also his bro
BWT (Belen)
What a great holiday story!

Told from introvert Hollis Alcott's POV, Hollis has been without any holiday spirit since a tragic accident killed his parents years ago. Unlike his more extroverted twin sister, or her husband's twin brother, Sawyer, Hollis prefers to keep his own company and head down.

But this year Sawyer convinces Hollis to accept a bet in order to try and melt Hollis's icy attitude, which leads to some of the hottest sex of both their lives. Hollis likes sex with some dominance and
Renée Yes-I-know-I-read-too-damn-much
My first holiday read of 2016, and it was a fair start. In this installment of the Portland Heat series, Hollis and Sawyer are the featured couple.

Wrapped Together gives us Hollis's POV, and he was the "Scrooge" of the story, if you will. He suffered a great tragedy in being present for the death of his parents just a couple years prior, around the holiday season. This clouded his mood, his thoughts, and his actions still. I got a little tired of Hollis, if I'm being honest. He was such a downer
Isabella

You know when a book is good when you read it in one run. :3

This book is one of those and it containes all I love: charming character, a great way of writing, narrated in the first person, which is really interesting because this way you only get Hollis point of view.

During the whole book Sawyer is a bit a mystery which is tried to be solved, he is the charming, cheerful young man who isn’t timid or introverted. Hol
Carra
Oct 14, 2016 Carra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Okay, I think I’ve found my new favorite holiday romance story! Wrapped Together is a sweet and spicy friends-to-more holiday romance with a teeny tiny touch of second chance. You might even give it the smallest classification of rivals-to-more…though that is really all in Hollis’ mind. Oh, and let’s not forget the bit of opposites attract too. And with the author’s solid writing and storytelling, it all results in a very satisfying, humorous tale that had me smiling a good deal of the time I wa ...more
Julie   (*Happily Ever Chapter*)
Oct 30, 2016 Julie (*Happily Ever Chapter*) rated it really liked it
3.5 rounded up to 4 stars

This was a sweet little holiday read. Sawyer is determined to get Hollis to feel a little holiday cheer this season and also put a stop to the circles they've been doing around each other over the years. They have a lot of history together, since they grew up together. This was a novella length so we don't spend too much time in the past.

Sawyer is one of those guys that everyone seems to like, except for Hollis. Hollis always pushes him away and is grumpy towards him. I
Didi
Compared to the previous Portland Heat installment, Wrapped Together has a much lighter tone. The story brought forward long time friends and rivalries Hollis Alcott and Sawyer Murphy. As a holiday story, it is a sweet even if predictable one.

Reader could well expect Hollis and Sawyer would be together in the end. I didn't worry about HEA aspect of this story. However, as much enjoyable as I found their banter is, the few flashback where Hollis reminisced the past was rather distracting. Also, m
Alisa
Nov 19, 2016 Alisa rated it really liked it
What an adorable Christmas story this was. Hollis is a reserved stationary store owner who is content with his quiet life. He's hoping to avoid the holidays and to keep to himself as much as possible. There's a major problem with this plan. And this problem's name is Sawyer. Sawyer's brother is married to Hollis' sister and so they're thrown together constantly. Sawyer is Hollis' complete opposite. He's outgoing and social and popular. He drives Hollis nuts. A bet between the two men leads to th ...more
Tatiana
A sweet and very steamy Christmas story about Hollis, who is a bit of a Scrooge during the holidays and generally in life, and outgoing, happy-go-lucky Sawyer who's trying to instill some Christmas spirit into Hollis.

I have to admit that Hollis's aloof manner tired me out, and I just couldn't buy his sudden change of heart at the end of the book, but the kinky sex scenes involving bondage and orgasm denial made everything better.

All in all, this novella is a nice start to the holiday season. Fan
Philip
Dec 04, 2016 Philip rated it liked it
Many thanks to Lyrical Shine and Net Galley for the advanced e-copy. Wrapped Together was a very sweet holiday M/M romance with a touch of light bondage thrown in. What's not to love?
Veronica of V's Reads
4.5 stars for this sweet and spicy M/M Christmas friends-to-lovers, odd-couple romance. It's a part of the Portland Heat series, and easily enjoyed on it's own.

Hollis Alcott and Sawyer Murphy have known each other since middle school. They are both halves of a twin, and Hollis' sister Char was besties with Sawyer through high school--and she married Sawyer's twin, Tucker, several years ago.

Hollis is a serious introvert, very uptight about his public and private life--even if he has none. Sawyer
Nadine Bookaholic
This story had Yummy Goodness written all over it. Friends-to-lovers is one of my favorite tropes and what better time for two friends to get together than over the holidays. Such fun!

Wrapped Together (Portland Heat, #5) by Annabeth Albert

Sawyer and Hollis have been friends for many years, they actually grew up together and watched Hollis' sister and Sawyer's brother fall in love, get married, and start a family of their own..but for some reason Hollis steered clear of Sawyer even though he had feelings for him. But that time has come and gone and S
Andrew
Review Taken From The Pewter Wolf & was given for review via NetGalley in exchange for honest review.

The fifth (or 4.5) in the Portland Heat series, Christmas is meant to be great business for retail. And it is, expect store owner Hollis. Christmas reminds him of a tragedy that happened three years ago. But fellow store owner (and twin brother to Hollis's brother-in-law), Sawyer, has decided to make it his mission to make Hollis enjoy the holiday. And the more time they spend together, the
Maria Rose
Wrapped Together by Annabeth Albert is the latest entry in her Portland Heat series that centers on small shop owners in Portland, Oregon. Each story has been a delight (it’s the series that put Annabeth on my fave new authors in 2015 list) and this Christmas themed romance is already destined for a reread as it’s a sweet, hopeful, and very sexy friends to lovers story that is uplifting and full of holiday spirit.

Hollis Alcott and Sawyer Murphy have been friends since they were young. When Sawye
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I have loved Annabeth Albert's Portland Heat series from the start and I've enjoyed this all but this book...sigh, this book is simply fantastic. Wrapped Together is liked being bundled up in my favorite blanket, with a mug of my favorite hot chocolate while sitting in front of a toasty fire; it's comforting, it's heartwarming, and it is exactly the type of gay romance that should be made into a holiday movie.

Friends since childhood and now
Jordan
Nov 28, 2016 Jordan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, alphabookclub
5 Stars for Wrapped Together! Annabeth Albert never disappoints.

Hollis was practically me and it was kind of hilarious reading about all of his mannerisms and trying not to nod my head and laugh at how similar I was to this character. AND THE PENS! I think this is the first book I’ve ever read with an MC that had a pen obsession (and he had a good taste in pens, too). Either Albert is a pen aficionado herself, or she did a bit of research to write about Hollis, which is difficult in either case.
Alex
Series: Portland Heat #5

--What’s Going On--
Christmas is right around the corner and Hollis isn't in the celebrating mood -- hasn't been since his parent's death 3 years ago at this time. Fellow shop owner and brother-in-law, Sawyer is determined to get Hollis out of his mood.

--What are the Issues--
Hollis's twin sister is married to Sawyer's twin brother and they grew up together. But while Sawyer is vibrant and outgoing, Hollis is painfully introverted and stuffy. Hollis has crushed on Sawyer bu
Christi Snow
Dec 06, 2016 Christi Snow rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
My Review:
I've loved this entire series, but hands down this has been my favorite book in the group. I loved getting to know Hollis and Sawyer and watching their story unfold.

The thing that made it so good was that they've known one another for a long time. They are both twins and grew up being pretty infamous for that. They were always thrown together, but have never had anything in common besides being gay. Sawyer is outgoing and gregarious and Hollis...is not. Hollis is actually pretty much a
Deborah Perry
Dec 06, 2016 Deborah Perry rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jd-read, amazon
Hollis owns the local stationary shop and dreads the upcoming holidays. Christmas is not a happy holiday for him ever since tragedy struck three years ago. Sawyer, whose brother is married to Hollis' sister, takes it upon himself to drag Hollis from his annual bluesfest. The two make a bet. Sawyer intends to show Hollis what he's been missing during the holidays and if he succeeds, he must attend Christmas dinner with the family. If he doesn't, then he must paint the bathroom in Hollis' store.

Ho
Barb ~rede-2-read~
ARC provided by the publisher through Net Galley in exchange for an impartial review.

**4.5 stars**

It’s the most wonderful time of the year, la la la… It’s time for many, many holiday releases, which in turn, release warm and fuzzy, tummy-tickling, ooey-gooey good feelings. At least, they do in my world. And right up near the top of the stack is this new installment in the Portland Heat series from Annabeth Albert.

Wrapped Together is the story of gregarious store owner Sawyer Murphy, who sets ou
Devan Huff
Nov 07, 2016 Devan Huff rated it really liked it
I received one copy of this book at no charge in exchange for my honest review.

Wrapped Together by Annabeth Albert is a sweet contemporary Christmas romance. After losing his parents at Christmas a few years ago, Hollis has lost all interest in the holiday. He is happy running his stationary store and keeps his heart protected as he avoids anything resembling holiday cheer. Sawyer Murphy has been in Hollis’s life since they were kids and his brother is married to Hollis’s sister. Sawyer has made
books are love
Jan 01, 2017 books are love rated it really liked it
Love this sexy and fun addition to the Portland Heat series. there wasn’ t a lot of angst and we weren’t drawn into a tug of war. We got to see characters of past books make appearances and our two main characters give us some fun entertainment but also sweet moments.

Sawyer is so adorable and easy going. He takes on the task of trying to degrinch Hollis. Hollis is a great guy but very introverted. He is fearful of letting anyone in since his parents deaths for he fears them leaving him once he c
mw138
This was a difficult book for me to get through. I love, love, love Annabeth Albert's #gaymers series, but the Portland Heat series hasn't been able to capture the same wow factor for me. This is not because of bad writing, but because it's hard for me to connect with the characters. More often than not, one of the MC is completely unlikable to me; because of that, it's hard for me to root for the couple as a whole.

This book focuses on Hollis and Sawyer, who have known each other since childhoo
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
*** Copy provided to the reviewer via NetGalley for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.***

Wrapped Together is book 5 in the Portland Heat series and can technically be read as a standalone, however, as a long-time fan of the series and Annabeth Albert, I think anyone who doesn't read the other books would be missing out.

Hollis Alcott isn't too fond of Christmas especially after a tragic event three years before and he's perfectly content staying
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Frequent tweeter, professional grammar nerd, and obsessive reader, Annabeth Albert is also a Pacific Northwest romance writer in a variety of subgenres.

Emotionally complex, sexy, and funny stories are her favorites both to read and to write. In between searching out dark heroes to redeem, she works a rewarding day job and wrangles two toddlers.
More about Annabeth Albert...

Portland Heat (6 books)
  • Served Hot (Portland Heat, #1)
  • Baked Fresh (Portland Heat, #2)
  • Delivered Fast (Portland Heat, #3)
  • Knit Tight (Portland Heat, #4)
  • Danced Close (Portland Heat, #6)