Jump to ratings and reviews
Beautiful heiress Julianna Greenwich has everything she desires, except the one thing she wants most—freedom. Once again Julianna finds important life decisions being made for her as her father announces she is to mate with the scarred and guarded Vasilius Blackmoore. Vile but striking, insulting but distracting, no other man has managed to arrest Julianna’s interest so. Or her temper.

Loyal to a fault, Vasilius will do anything to protect his family, even if that means mating with a woman he detests. Anxieties remain from his previous relationship which left him physically scarred on his face, and he soon finds his residual feelings of anger and mistrust aimed at the blond-haired woman with whom he’s to bond.

Vasilius figures he can mate with the maddening princess of Greenwich house and simply keep her aside—like a forgotten book schlepped away on a shelf—but the tides turn quickly as he learns his plan is never going to work because his bruid-to-be has run away. Again. This time Julianna unknowingly landed herself in the sickly hands of the most hunted being in the world—a man who calls himself a God. The deranged God wants something Julianna has and he will use all of his abilities to obtain it. For the first time in his life, Vasilius doubts his ability to protect another, and for once, he’s scared.

Suffering from a rare disorder which requires her to feed only from a fresh blood source, Julianna finds herself lost in a stupor of need around Vasilius. Raw emotions never she’s felt before blossom under his watchful, heated gaze as she places her lips to his body to take sustenance. Touching him, and in those rare moments where he responds, makes her yearn to learn all he could offer. But how does she make a man long for her when he can’t even sleep in the same room as her? Frustrated at Vasilius’ mistrust and guarded ways, Julianna struggles with her volatile spirit as the man whom she’s forced to mate leaves her wondering if they were meant to be together all along.

ebook

Published August 16, 2016

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

T.A. Grey

33 books1,163 followers
USA TODAY Bestselling Author T. A. GREY loves to write sexy, pulse-pounding romances that will keep you up late at night.

If you're a fan of adventurous paranormal romance novels, then you'll love her Bellum Sisters series. This isn't your typical romance story, so be prepared for a kick of heat and tons of action featuring some spunky, spell-casting succubi sisters who are given to one unique man: the vampire commander, the alpha shapeshifter, the demon warlord, and the cursed demon king. The Bellum Sisters series is a USA TODAY Bestselling series and has received superb reviews from paranormal bloggers, readers and Night Owl Romance.

If you enjoy shorter page-turners with intense eroticism, wry humor and plenty of drama, then check out her 6-book Kategan Alphas series filled with hunky lykaens who find their true mates. Then continue the journey in the same universe with her beauty-and-the-beast themed romance "The Loneliest Alpha," a USA TODAY recommended read.

For a darker, erotic paranormal world rife with twisted political machinations, jealous exes, and erotic blood bonds, check out her addicting Untouchables Series where the Blackmoore men may rule the world but not the women in their lives.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
18 (3%)
1 star
5 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 74 reviews
Profile Image for ✿kawehi.reviews.
1,453 reviews418 followers
August 16, 2016
The fourth installment in The Untouchables series, I liked this one a whole lot better than bk3. Bk3 was an almost complete miss for me. Not gonna lie. Primarily, because it got pretty weird with those creatures added into the plot and kind of made the story feel ummm???? Strange? Awkward? Just... not up to par as the previous two books.

As for Vasilius and Julianna's story, I felt as if author TA Grey redeemed herself with the story quality and the progression of development between the two main leads. It was gradual and satisfying. Not forced or rushed.

If you thought Lucas was previously the ultimate playboy Casanova pre-Beth, then Vasilius Blackmoore is that and more with a far more unimaginable twist. In a way, I guess you can compare Vasilius to that of the Beast of Beauty and the Beast. He's rich, sinfully handsome, good with the ladies, vain, and extremely arrogant. That is, until, one fateful day, he scorns the wrong woman and is left horribly scarred and disfigured and labeled a pariah amongst those among him and women alike.

Now, angry and bitter with his most lethal weapon gone-- his looks--- Vasilius thinks all hope is gone when he is reluctantly set to marry the spoiled, heiress and previous fiancee of his brother Dom- Julianna Greenwich.

Now Julianna. While she may seem like she has everything a girl could want, she is a prisoner trapped in her own glass tower, waiting to break free. A high-class beauty herself, Julianna has always pinned for Vasilius, but how can a gorgeous man like him who has a pick of the litter take an interest in a meager woman such as herself? There's no way. Or so she's always thought until she is betrothed to marry the dashing Blackmoore who seems to scathingly loathe her completely and their worlds are turned upside down.

Will Julianna and Vasilius be prepared for the crash collision course they're about to partake on as~~ distance, growing feelings, misunderstandings, past pen pal correlations, a rare blood condition, a powerful sorcerer at large, scandalous nude selfies, and deadly liasons that aim to hoard and/or eliminate both Vasilius and Julianna from the picture all come together full circle? Or will they crumble altogether?

I'm really impressed with how well put together this novel was and really all I can say is that I want MORE already!! I've been a fan of author TA Grey's for a while and was a little nervous with how this book was going to turn out due to my sentiments regarding bk3 but this one redeemed my hope in Ms. Grey. She can most certainly hit it out of the ball park with her ever engaging style of writing of the paranormal and capturing your attention from start to finish!! I certainly am curious about bk5, and yes, TA does give us spoilers and a sneak peak on who's story it is-- but sadly, we have to wait until 2017 for it to be released. Such a pity. However, like the old saying goes, 'all good things take time,' and I'm sure that bk6 will be no exception.

#Pre-Order Rogue Blood NOW!!
Profile Image for ⏃ : ✦ villainous_vixen ⏃ : ✦.
777 reviews106 followers
August 11, 2016
4.5 Seni Seviyorum Stars

photo 5j7VWNSRDYOWY_zpseoxqib9n.gif

"Two Years. For two years, I've loved you. I've waited for you to realize it's me. I've waited for you to see me."

photo JK6pH0WCzF0CA_zpsrc56zugk.gif

Julianna Greenwich is from a very wealthy vampire family. She is sheltered, has to obey her parent's rules. She hates it. Julianna wants to explore, have friends, be with who she wants to be with.

She cant...
No matter how hard she tries.
She must obey.

"Anything you want, sweets. You want me in this bed with you? I'll do it. For you."

photo KxjtkXQ1FMtpe_zpspfw12uil.gif

Vasilius Blackmoore, a man of may talents. He is rough around the edges, but on the inside he has a heart of gold. His last lover betrayed him, his trust for women in general is gone.

He has met Julianna in the past, and truly liked her. But one night it all changed....He overheard her gossiping terrible things about him. Things that even made me cringe.... Julianna why would you say that?! Especially to a elder vampire! Run Julianna run....

You don't want the one and only Vasilius on your bad side!

photo yhOLOBAssW0JG_zps5oidb4i7.gif

"Because I've never wanted to be next to anyone as much as I want to be with you. I love you so dammed much, Julianna. Do you realize that?

Soon enough these two are arranged to be mated.
A marriage between Julianna and Vasilius is the event of the century.
But they despise each other!
There is no love between these two, or is it?

The banter between these two love birds were fun, sexy, and down right hilarious. The chemistry was off the walls, as always T.A. Grey can sure make some hot scenes!

I need a fan Stat!

The romance was what made this story so bittersweet. You have to people forced into a mating, neither can stand the other, but secretly have other feelings on the matter.

photo 8263277_zpswhnnznuw.gif

When Vasilius finally admits that he love Julianna, it gave me goosebumps!

All in all, a great book in The Untouchables series. The romance, suspense, and the bitter banter between these two. Perfect!

Looking forward to Tabitha and Kane's story next!
Coming 2017
*Received an arc, in exchange for an honest review*
Profile Image for Sammie J..
Author 21 books539 followers
August 7, 2016
I received this book as an ARC.
This is my honest review of ROGUE BLOOD, which may contain spoilers.

I'm giving Rogue Blood a solid 4.5 stars.

I loved how the story unfolded between Julianna and Vasilius in the first half of the book. The tension between them kept me wanting to read more because you could see they were perfect for each other, even if they couldn't.
I enjoyed the games they both played with each other as that added to the tension. There is one part in the book where it takes one person to tell Julianna and Vasilius how they really feel about each other. I cheered at this point thinking, go Julianna, make him work for it.

Now onto why I gave it 4.5 stars and not 5. For me the second half of the book was filled with too much sex. I know, I know. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it because I did. In fact, the sex scenes were written very well and were intense. I just felt we lost a bit of the story at this point. I also felt the stalker situation was dealt with too quickly. I guess I would have liked more of a fight.

I loved the other stories that are entwined within this one. I'm left wanting more of Kane and Tabby. I love these two together. The sexual chemistry between them is off the scales. I personally can't wait to read their story.
And poor Zeke. What the hell is he going to do? Well, I guess I'm going to have to wait to find out.
Profile Image for Coco.V.
50k reviews4 followers
Want to read
February 6, 2019
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/6/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
Known for little more than her beauty, socialite heiress Julianna Greenwich harbors secrets of her own. Not only is she a champion swordsman, but she's harbored a longing for the sophisticated, charming Blackmoore brother Vasilius for over twenty-four years. When her father informs her that she is to mate with Vasilius in a fortnight, her first thought is not of happiness, but dread. The problem is that Vasilius, while once kind to her as a worldly man might be to a child, has treated her with nothing but disdain since the accident that left him scarred on his face. How can she possibly get this man to love her, when he wants nothing to do with her?

Vasilius Blackmoore used to turn the heads of every woman in the room. When the inclination struck, he'd take one (or more) of these women to his bed and leave them thinking about him for years to come. However, all that changed when an old flame scarred his face forever. Now, women can hardly stand the sight of him. And one of those women is stunning beauty, Julianna Greenwich, the woman he's being forced to mate with. Unbeknownst to Julianna, Vasilius once heard just what exactly she thought of his new face. And he’d hated her ever since.

But what better way to find retribution than to seduce Julianna and leave her wanting for more? A series of misunderstandings, secrets and one deadly stalker whose madness leads to dead bodies, breaks down the barriers between them. Vasilius begins to think that a family with Julianna might not be so bad, if he can move on from the pain of the past and keep her safe.
Profile Image for Sandy S.
6,672 reviews171 followers
August 20, 2016
4 stars

About the book: Release Date august 16, 2016

•••••••••••

REVIEW: ROGUE BLOOD is the fourth installment in T.A. Grey’s adult, contemporary THE UNTOUCHABLES paranormal romance series. This is vampires Julianna Greenwich, and Vasilius Blackmoore’s story line. ROGUE BLOOD can be read as a stand alone without any difficulty.

Told from dual third person perspectives (Vasilius and Julianna) ROGUE BLOOD is a story of enemies to lovers; a match between two ancient families tied together by circumstance and need. Twenty four years earlier our couple met one fated night at a costume party hosted by Julianna’s mother and father, resulting in more than an eyeful of Vasilius’s conquests and bedroom antics. Several years later Julianna would find herself betrothed to Vasilius’s older brother Dominic-a relationship arranged by their families and a relationship that was doomed from the start. But now, Vasilius Blackmoore’s prior reputation as a man-whore was beginning to wane as the once handsome and beautiful vampire had been scarred in a vicious attack of revenge by an ex who wasn’t happy with the direction of their relationship. Fast forward to present day wherein Julianna’s father offers up his daughter to Vasilius Blackmore in exchange for a debt long over due. What ensues is a tempestuous friendship between two people with mistaken beliefs about one another, and the fragility of egos when hurtful words are more damning than the physical scars.

Julianna is a spoiled, rich, and pampered vampire whose parents are not long for this world. In an attempt to keep their daughter safe, Julianna’s father makes Vasilius an offer he cannot refuse, and in return Julianna’s father is able to rest knowing his daughter is protected and safe. Someone has been threatening our story line heroine, and the threats have become more frequent and personal. The relationship between Julianna and Vasilius is angry, malevolent and furious, and our heroine continues to run when things don’t go according to plan. As the two families prepare for the upcoming bonds, Julianna runs from the man with whom she is falling in love, and into a world of the dark arts and mythological magic with near fatal consequences.

ROGUE BLOOD has a large ensemble cast of characters including all of the previous story line couples. It is a story of betrayal and revenge; obsession and delusion; misunderstanding and forgiveness. The sexual chemistry is blatant; the romance is a struggle towards a happily ever after; the characters are dynamic, passionate and tragic. ROGUE BLOOD is an intimate tale with a little bit of mystery, suspense, romance and love wrapped in a supernatural blanket of magic, vengeance and vindication. For fans of the paranormal, vampires and Were shifters T.A. Grey’s THE UNTOUCHABLES series is a definite must-read for your library of supernatural stories.

Copy supplied for review

www.thereadingcafe.com
Profile Image for Felicia.
45 reviews9 followers
August 24, 2016
I had the great honor to receive an ARC for an honest review. I have been a huge fan of this series and her other series in general. I was so glued to this book the entire times. I honestly don't know which one so far is my favorite but this one may be it. You can feel the hurt, angst, passion and love. I was happy to see that the storyline continued you and I'm looking forward to seeing how it continues to unravel.
Profile Image for Judy Lewis.
1,566 reviews47 followers
February 17, 2019
MY NEW FAVORITE!!!
DIVINELY ENTERTAINING !!!
Title: Rogue Blood
Series: The Untouchables
Designation: Book Four of Series, Full-length Novel, No Cliffhanger, Could be read as Standalone
Author: T.A. Grey
Reading Platform: Kindle Edition
My Rating: Five Captivating Stars*****
A few years ago I was trolling Amazon, as I often do, searching for a paranormal romance featuring vampires. I'd recently finished one of Bella Forrest's A Shade of Vampire novels and was on a total vampire binge. Fortunately for me, during my search I discovered Take Me, the first release in The Untouchable Series by T.A. Grey and saw it was being offered as a free download. I was unfamiliar with Grey and had never read any of her work but hey, I'm always a sucker for a free read, especially if it has a lot of bite (pun intended...lol). I checked out the blurb and glory be, it appeared to be just what the doctor ordered, so I one-clicked and dove in. I was looking for a good paranormal story, but what I found was a fascinating new world filled to the brim with danger, drama, suspense, evil machinations, angst, passion, romance and an all-you-can-eat buffet of intriguing supernatural creatures, and after only one book, Grey became one of my favorite authors. I think I've now read every story she's ever published and enjoyed them all. Grey has several other fantastic series, but The Untouchables was my first love and, to this day, remains my favorite. I now pre-order her books as soon as they're offered, then anxiously await each new release. And Grey blows me away every single time! But I must confess, I believe Rogue Blood is my all-time favorite and certainly the most highly anticipated of her books to date. I fell in love with Vasilius Blackmoore, the rakish, once handsome, but now physically and emotionally scarred vampire when he was introduced in Take Me, the first book of the series, which featured Dominic Blackmoore, Vasilius' half brother. And interestingly, Take Me is also where we were first introduced to our female protagonist, beautiful vampire socialite Julianna Greenwich, who almost became Dominic's Bruid(mate). Yeah, that's definitely a story you need to read. Although Juliana was not the heroine of Take Me, she did play a prominent role in the story, and we continued to see her as a minor player in subsequent books as well. I could hardly wait for Vasilius to have a book of his own. I had no clue he would eventually be paired with the snobbish, aristocratic Julianna, and I admit I thought their pairing might turn out to be a huge disaster, at least for me, but was I ever wrong! I was immediately smitten with these two fascinating and very complex characters in the first chapter and quickly realized they were absolutely perfect together. Their chemistry was so hot it set the pages on fire and they played off each other brilliantly. Characters and their development is always a vital component of every storyline and adore stories that are both character and plot driven, but there's so much more to love about this book. Rogue Blood is a captivating, full-length, fast-paced, well-crafted and edited novel with a beautifully written third person narrative featuring clearly discernible multiple perspectives from several of the characters but with primary points of view from the two protagonists: gruff, ill-tempered Vasilius Blackmoore and beautiful, surprisingly sweet and (almost) always gracious Julianna Greenwich. And by surprisingly, I mean Julianna totally received a bad rap from me in the previous three books. I originally thought she was the devil's spawn but was completely shocked to learn she was anything but. And there was absolutely no one who could get under her skin, causing her to uncharacteristically lash out like Vasilius Blackmoore. My opinion of her changed completely after learning more about her character in this book. Like Julianna, I was also an only child and found myself empathizing with her plight. Yes, yes, I realize this is fiction but when the writing is good, and Grey's is exceedingly good, the characters come to life in my mind and become real people. The dialogue is intelligent, snappy, well executed, sometimes funny and flows effortlessly. But as I said, it's the remarkable cast of engaging, exceptionally well-developed characters who literally exploded from the pages, ensnared my imagination and completely captured my heart. I became completely immersed in their lives and felt their emotions. I even loved the antagonists of this story and there were several! One of my all-time favorite villains by any author, the evil, dastardly Lesther aka Les the Revenant who is neither human, vampire, nor were, makes a return appearance in this story. At this point in the story, we still don't actually know what he is, other than his aspirations to become a god, but he's quite a worthy adversary that I'm sure we'll be seeing again. The entire cast was totally amazing but the Blackmoore brothers are just drop dead sexy. I laughed at their antics, sobbed for their heartaches, and at times literally screamed and shook my fists in anger at some of their behavior. I don't think I've ever wished anyone more ill will than I did Lesther and Charlotte, Vasilius' spurned former lover. All the characters were deliciously flawed but utterly realistic, and quite simply, perfectly imperfect. Grey is a such gifted storyteller and master wordsmith, skillfully weaving an extraordinary paranormal romance that will remain in your mind long after the final page is read. Although Rogue Blood is the fourth release in The Untouchables Series, it probably could be read as a standalone book. The author includes a great deal of backstory so the reader can easily follow the storyline without becoming lost, but to enrich your reading experience and avoid spoilers, I highly recommend reading the books in order of their release.

Twenty-four years ago, at 100 years of age, Julianna Greenwich was considered little more than a teenager in vampire society, so it was a quite a startling awakening for the naive and very shy young wallflower to find playboy and womanizer Basilius Blackmoore having sex with not one, but two women in the guest room next door to her bedroom. Oh my! But rather than discourage the impressionable young woman, it only increased the attraction she felt for the handsome older vampire. She's had a secret crush on the womanizing rake ever since, but it's only the last two years she had well and truly fallen in love with him. Unfortunately, for reasons unknown to her, Vasilius now seemed to despise her, which is why she can never reveal that his online mystery pen pal Kittyluvsblankets2 aka Kitty is, in reality, her. Oh dear! After finding him in an internet underground vampire chat room, she'd known almost immediately that V029871 aka V, was none other than Vasilius Blackmoore. For 2 long years they've chatted via emails and texts, and she's patiently waited... waited for him to really see her, but he never has - until now. So, at 127 years of age, the beautiful sheltered Julianna Greenwich finds herself still a virgin with eyes for only one man, Vasilius Blackmoore, a man who appears to despise her and thinks she's nothing more than a spoiled, selfish, vapid brat. And his extreme dislike for her seemed to coincide with an unfortunate incident in which he was left physically scarred by a spurned lover. But she's tired of waiting and determined to find someone to rid her of her virgin status and, hopefully, also instruct her in the art of love. She would rather it be Vasilius, but he's obviously not interested, so she'd just find someone else. What Julianna didn't realize is that Vasilius' scars ran much deeper than the ones visible on his once handsome face. They were also deeply embedded in his heart, which had now become cold, distant, and closed off to the possibility of ever finding love or happiness. She had no way of knowing she was partly responsible for the change in his behavior. Unknowingly, she had added to his pain by making a cruel, childish remark at a party regarding the disfigurement of his face shortly after the incident, which he overheard. Sadly, Vasilius had no idea Juliana did not really mean the callous words she'd uttered at the party, and her true feelings were just the opposite. She thought him still to be the most handsome man she'd ever seen. But Vasilius now believed her to be a shallow, hurtful, and inconsiderate young woman, and would never forget nor forgive her thoughtless, inconsiderate statement. She might appear beautiful on the outside, but she was truly ugly on the inside. So why did the very thought of another man's hands on her beautiful body rip him to shreds? Fate can be a cruel mistress, indeed. Julianna's father, an ancient vampire and now a dying man, calls in the debt owed to him by the Blackmoore family, demanding Vasilius to marry his daughter. What? Never! How in the world could her father expect him to marry and mate Julianna? The thought of even touching her was repulsive to him! Wasn't it? Never going to happen! Would it? Hmm....maybe he could marry her after all, and just maybe, he would finally have the opportunity to exact his revenge. But he may have to stand in line, because it seems there are others who mean harm to Julianna... and to him. And if they survive, he may be faced with the most difficult choice of his life - continue with his plan for revenge, or risk everything for love, happiness, and the chance for a family of his own? What will he decide? We'll see!

When rating a book, there are several questions I ask myself. First, did I like the book? No, I LOVED it! Second, would I recommend it? You bet, but only for adult readers since it does contain explicit language and steamy, dreamy sex scenes. Third, will I read this author again? Absolutely! Just as soon as she releases her next book. And finally, was I entertained? Completely! Fabulous entertainment!
Profile Image for Jean.
912 reviews36 followers
November 13, 2016

I was really looking forward to Vasilius's story but was disappointed.

I thought or was hoping that his personality would be a blend of his three brothers but his personality was more like Luchas, on Crack......

I think the author has a fascination with Threesomes involving one guy and two girls but she already wrote that story or scenario for Luchas, "been there done that".
The only difference between Luchas's Threesome , is that his took place after his concert where as Vas's was much worse.. because he was in Julianna's home in the next room, right by her bedroom.

Julianna having a crush on Vas was a good spin, her walking in on him having sex was NOT.
I thought that the scene was very distasteful because it was brought up or mentioned several times throughout the book.

I also got annoyed when Julianna kept talking about her inexperience compared to Vas.
Umm.. he is close to 500 years old, I guess he would have been around the block with several women.

And, The scene with Julianna's stalker and Vas's ex was just over the top.

I repeat, I was disappointed with the events in this book and was hoping it would be better.

I don't plan on finishing this series.
I liked Kane and Tabitha together and I am curious about Zeke and his Dark Witch but I will just read the reviews when the books are released.

1,438 reviews11 followers
August 11, 2016
I thoroughly loved and enjoyed reading the exciting, enthralling, and outstanding paranormal romance by the fabulously talented T.A. Grey. I received an ARC for an honest review.
Juliana Greenwich has loved Vasilius Blackmoore since she was a teen, but Vasilius has never noticed Juliana as a woman. Juliana's father wants his daughter well taken care of and has arranged a mating to Vasilius. Even though Juliana and Vasilius are attracted to each other, both deny their attraction and feelings until becoming overwhelmed with them.
Read the highly recommended, wonderfully written engaging story line with captivating characters, and a must read vampire love story.
Profile Image for Porchia.
437 reviews4 followers
August 10, 2016
I received this book as an ARC for an honest review. It is book 4 in the Untouchable series and is a stand alone book with a wonderful HEA. Could not put this story down. Julianna is a very sheltered daughter of a very old Vampire family and she is ready to start living her life if her father would just let her. Vasilius has been burned, and I mean literally burned by his last lover and wants nothing to do with women, he does not trust them. This is there story of finding that two very different people can find love if they just look deep enough. Recommend to all paranormal lovers. Looking forward to the next book in the series. Very happy reading. :)
Profile Image for Sometime.
1,689 reviews132 followers
Shelved as 'nope-not-for-me'
February 5, 2019
I was thinking this book sounded pretty great until I came across This Review.

Why is it so hard to find a reviewer who is honest enough to point out the very things that will ruin this book for me? I'm thinking this entire series is not for me.
23 reviews1 follower
August 8, 2016
I was given Rogue Blood to read as an ARC. I've read the other 3 and this one is my favorite. I won't give anything away but the secret between Vas & Julianna was a pleasant shock for me. Their underlying love for each other that finally comes about is wonderful. I loved this book.
Profile Image for Eryssel.
414 reviews
August 15, 2016

The book was super intense, first with their banter and bicker, then with the dangerous situations they needed to overcome. Though some of it was very predictable, still kept me on edge the whole time.
Profile Image for Rhonda Hasty.
49 reviews7 followers
September 6, 2016
Ok to me I think this was the best one so far and would recommend to anyone to read this series it's a really good one...and u get just a little glimpse in the next one and I cannot wait for it....
8 reviews
August 7, 2016
Great book! I think this is my favorite in the series. Sorry not giving anything away. But there are some surprises.

S Parker
Profile Image for Simone B..
318 reviews
February 8, 2019
I haven’t read anything paranormal lately so thought after seeing this book and high ratings then it was time to do so...

Well I wish I didn’t as good as it looked it simply wasn’t!

For me both characters were very shallow. The hero who snagged everything even in front of the heroine after leaving her in the middle of the dance just to have threesome and then mocking her and her “ugly” dress at the the same time. The same hero who after accident was rejected by all the female suddenly hated heroine because he overheard her saying how ugly he was... well payback is a bitch manwhore!

I couldn’t stand him and this coming from me the one who loves asshole heroes!!!

There was nothing special about them after what happened on the first party for another 20 or more years heroine was pinning after the hero while he was screwing lots of females not even remembering their names. IF THE ACCIDENT OR RATHER ATTACK DIDN’T HAPPEN HE WOULDN’T CHANGE! Oh wait! My fault! He mentioned that he could have made the heroine his mistress when she was RIPE enough while he was handsome but now he knows she is a bitch! My bad! What a poor thing and heroine should be thankful that she could have been made a mistress!

“He’d once liked her. He’d even given some thought to taking her as his mistress after she fully ripened”

GRRRRR But wait! Doesn’t matter what because heroine was craving to be one of his easy lays ONE OF THE WOMEN like it was some award!

“Yes, she yearned to be one of those women who’d roll their eyes in delight and bite their lips as they whispered all about the pleasure that Vasilius Blackmoore gave them.”

I don’t know if it’s something wrong with me or the book but I put my money on the book! DEFO!

The point in this book was to show that even though the hero’s face was scarred and he was seen as ugly she still craved him yet before when thinking about other suitors she thought:

“They were too fat or too tall, too ugly or too small.”

Really? Too tall? HA! Not shallow person at all would think in such a way!

Heroine was spoiled brat but I liked her for a moment after she kicked his ass when founding true about his intentions!

“You can’t shut me out.” She spared him a glance, as if an afterthought. “Shut you out?” She laughed bitterly. “Vasilius, I’ve never been let in.”

I was like ATTA GIRL! Maybe now book will turn around and get better!

Well

BECAUSE then again the virgin turned horny not able to be satisfied heroine was back and then the sex happened:

“Yes, her body purred, give me all your seed.”

Hmmmmm... no thanks! 🙏

And then it didn’t matter that she was almost killed once or that she had a crazy stalker who in a mean time was murdering women looking just like her... IT DIDN’T MATTER because she wanted FREEDOM! FREEDOM and the proof that her mate wasn’t as protective as her late father so she went Clubbing!!! Oh Lord!!!

I just couldn’t SO shallow so so shallow and it went on and on repeat!

I really thought it might have been a good book ( and I hate complaining about somebody’s lots of hours of work final product) but for me it simply wasn’t!

There were so many things I didn’t like that my list could go on and on but let’s just not do that! Let’s say the last and final thing was their new baby which had to be oh the age maximum of 3 months ( that’s stretching it) because HELLO he has a gift for her on their first wedding anniversary NOT to mention that they weren’t sleeping for a while at the beginning but the baby was TEETHING!!! Maybe that’s a vampire baby thing but let’s be honest just another thing that made me roll my eyes! 🙄

I don’t know why I put all that energy into this review I should just jump on other book to fix me after this one but I had to let it out of me! Pufff let it go and off to the next hopefully better book!
Profile Image for Meiwilli.
1,550 reviews5 followers
February 14, 2019
Sticks and Stones...

This story was a very passive/aggressive read for me. It started interestingly enough and then fizzles and lags in the middle only to pick up again near the end.

The reason behind Vasilius Blackmore's hate of Juliana Greenwich has nothing to do with the fact that she was once engaged to his brother Dominic and everything to do with what he overheard her say about his appearance after his face is permanently scarred by one of his lovers. As old as Vas is, it's somewhat of a surprise and a bit childish that he would hold on to his anger over "words" from someone he didn't like in the first place. It is human nature.

Predictably Vas and Juliana are not happy nor interesting in mating although each harbor benevolent feelings that they hide from one another. After they are eventually mated, Vas continues to punish Juliana and himself, by not completing the mating bond. Society tounges start to wag about their marriage in name only and eventually, Juliana moves out of Vas's home and into her own even though she has a stalker.

Rouge Blood has a few too many subplots going on to be as enjoyable as it started. Besides the main plot, there is Juliana's stalker Anthony, a mad were who fancies himself in love with her, Lesther's attack on Juliana while attending her friend Lanella's birthday bash in Egypt and she nearly dies, and, oh yeah, has a rare blood disorder, and finally, Juliana's father Julian is dying. Only Vas's ex, Charlotte, keeps things interesting to give the story a boost near the end.

On my Were Scale of Hotness, 3 stars.
1,059 reviews
August 13, 2019
From beginning to end, this story was exciting and captivating. The characters were so real as each one of them fought a battle with their own particular demons from the past. Also, the pairing of former womanizer Vasilius Blackmoore with the beautiful prim and proper Julianna Greenwich was brilliant. The fact that they were complete opposites made the development of their slow-burning attraction even more exquisite until it finally exploded into a true inferno. I enjoyed watching these two characters grow into the individuals they were meant to be as they realized what was really important in their lives and what should be forgotten and left in their past. This storyline was very emotional, fast-paced with so many unexpected developments and ample simmering, all consuming heat between Vas and Julianna. A very entertaining story that I would read again and again!!!!!

758 reviews2 followers
February 2, 2022
I waited patiently for Vas book and it wasn't a disappointment. Absolutely loved this book, forth book in the series and if you started from book one (which is awesome ) they do get better. Each book is a stand alone but they are brothers so they appear in all the books. Vas and Julia have a love hate relationship only to find out they secretly was in love with each other. Vas has pain and hurt from years prior regarding Julia. Julia appears to be meek and mild looking for love from the person she secretly loved for years. This book is beautifully written keeps you on edge. Sexy alpha vampire book who doesn't love that.
I received this advance reader copy in exchange for a honest review.
Profile Image for Linda Levine.
4,636 reviews25 followers
February 7, 2019
Great Read

These two have played around for years with their secrets and now it is time to see if there is something real. He really changed after the attack that ruined his face and she always wanted to get a chance to be free. Their engagement definitely brings everything out and it is time for them to explore the attraction. They have great chemistry and I enjoyed how they taunted and tempted one another.
Profile Image for Tyerra Chambers.
67 reviews
February 11, 2019
Good book!

I liked the book a lot, it did seem like there was a lot going on throughout the book. It felt as though it were three separate books in one at some moments, when jumping back and forth between p.o.v. of different characters and didn’t really give too much as to why that part was included. overall, the book was really good you just have to be able to keep up with what’s going on!
42 reviews1 follower
February 14, 2019
Jules and Vasilius

I enjoyed this book a lot. I loved the characters and I WAS SO HAPPY WHEN CHARLOTTE GOT HERS. She definitely deserved. So happy when Vasilius got it together and forgave himself and Jules. I will read more from this author. Nora Moore
252 reviews4 followers
February 25, 2019
Loved every minute

Omg if just noticed this is book 4 no wonder I felt like I missed other story's lol it was because I had 🙊 oh well something to look forward too. I loved this book great characters and a fantastic main story line. Can't wait to go catch up on the rest lol 🙈
42 reviews
March 29, 2019
Good read

I liked the book. Some parts maybe weren't needed but I guess being a part of a series it would make sense. Overall I loved this book. I loved how the characters came together and I felt there feels for each other.
Profile Image for Debbie Harrison.
345 reviews
June 17, 2019
Read it yourself

A true love story
This book was not as chaotic as book 3 it centered main on one couple
With the usual bad guys and appearances of the other family members
Well worth reading you won't be disappointed
Looking forward to the next book
Profile Image for M Robinson .
1,954 reviews
September 15, 2019
Really enjoyed this book ad I have the whole series and great to finally see these two together.

The chapters about tabitha n her friend frankly were weirdly just dumped in the middle of the story n detracted from it.
Profile Image for Lisa Lingelbach.
31 reviews
January 24, 2020
Very good.

I enjoy all the supernatural elements. Add the romance and the mystery and it was a terrific book.I liked that it didn't take the whole book for them to get on the same page.
Profile Image for Shelley.
2,371 reviews33 followers
June 5, 2020
Rogue blood!

Loved the storyline of this book (4th in series). I honestly thought it was the final one, but certain issues still need to be resolved i.e Lesther. Looking forward to Tabitha and Kane's story! Keep them coming please Grey!!
3,591 reviews6 followers
April 25, 2021
Okay read

Okay read. As paranormal reads go it was okay. Hate when remake leads are portrayed as stupid and given she was in danger disappearing to party happened a lot. Jumped to epilogue pretty quickly with no resolution of lester. Was just okay.
Profile Image for Patti Adams.
192 reviews2 followers
February 8, 2019
I wanted to love it

Good premise, good characters but lacked development. Also felt like the writer forgot certain things and lacked in good editing in places.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 74 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.