Start by marking “El beso de la noche (Dark-Hunter, #5)” as Want to Read:
El beso de la noche (Dark-Hunter, #5)

El beso de la noche

(Dark-Hunter #4)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  39,102 ratings  ·  1,220 reviews
Condenado a una inmortalidad que jamás persiguió y a no ser recordado por ningún humano con quien se cruce, la existencia de Wulf es la más solitaria de todos los Cazadores Oscuros. Así ha sido durante doce siglos para este antiguo guerrero vikingo, hasta la noche en que salva a Cassandra Peters en un club nocturno. Porque ella no se ha olvidado de él. Es joven, es bella, ...more
Published (first published March 24th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about El beso de la noche, please sign up.
Laureen It is the correct sequence. All of these stories are happening at the same time. If you recall, Talon had a telephone conversation with Wulf when he…moreIt is the correct sequence. All of these stories are happening at the same time. If you recall, Talon had a telephone conversation with Wulf when he was getting coffee. That same conversation takes place in this book, only from Wulf's perspective.
(less)

·  39,102 ratings  ·  1,220 reviews

Sophia Triad
Wulf Tryggvase (Hunter) & Cassandra Elaine Peters (Apollite)

Why Wulf become a dark hunter: His story is a bit different from the rest of the dark hunters. He looked for someone to sooth his pain after his brother died. Morginne (a dark huntress) was his one night stand lover who during their sexual encounter traded souls with him. Her lover, Norse god Loki, helped her. Moreover, Morginne cursed him that nobody mortal would remember him.

Cassandra: An Apollite princess waiting to die in less
Jilly
One of my least favorites so far. It was too much like the latest Black Dagger Brotherhood where they were just sitting around crying about the girl's imminent death. So, you are cursed to die at 27. Waa waa waaa. I don't see why I have to suffer by reading about how sad you are that you will never get to watch your child grow up. It's so unfair. To me.

So, in this book, we have Wulf, who's kind of a racist; and Cassandra, who is the race that Wulf hates. They meet and he impregnates her in a dre
Alkyoni

Dark Hunter Flashcard #4

Name: Wulf Tryggvasen

Age: 1,275 give or take

Former Occupation: Viking

Special D.H. power: Nobody remembers him for more than 5 minutes after they've met him.

Reason why he became a D.H. : It’s complicated.

If you really wanna know, there isn’t one. His one night stand lover stole his soul and turned him into a D.H in her place.

So like I said, it’s complicated.

Best thing that came out of his mouth : Yeah, well, I don’t let anyone screw me until they kiss me, and since the
Julianna
Nov 06, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the DH Series, Sherrilyn Kenyon and/or PNR Romance
Reviewed for THC Reviews
Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunter series has been rather hit and miss with me, and although I can't say that Kiss of the Night was the best book I've read in the series so far, it was pretty good overall. That's not to say that I didn't do quite a bit of eye-rolling during the first half of the story, because there were certainly some things that provoked my incredulity even for a fantasy world. There are things that happened which I felt stretched the bounds of credibility,
Tina
Feb 01, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
After the big high of Reading Zarek's book Dance With The Devil I was sure I had turned a corner with this series. Up to Zarek's book, I've not been overly impressed with the writing or the romance elements, but have really enjoyed the Dark Hunter mythos, the background with the Gods and the ongoing mystery of just what the heck is Archeron.

So I was ready to curl up and enjoy this one. Instead up until the very end, I was totally bored. What I enjoyed the most about the previous books, the Dark-
Exina
The Prologue tells the legend of Atlantis, of the race of Apollites, and a mistake Apollo had made a long time ago through which now the world is threatened by its very end.

Sherrilyn Kenyon has built a logical, deliberate, consequent, and complex world.

Kiss of the Night is a peculiar book of the series: the prime tragedy is set in the present not in the past. Although Wulf’s background story is sad, what truly broke my heart was the hopeless, desperate situation of Wulf and Cassandra, and the ag
Ronak Gajjar
Mar 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, 2018
The moment I started realizing the storyline was similar to TWILIGHT!
description
I am amazed how easily Sherrilyn carries out permutations and combinations for her stories. This one though similar to Twilight (**different yet borrowed elemental premises) her writing style somehow did hold me until the very last page.
And of course once again,
Greek Gods + Vampires + Daimons + Were-Wolves + Dark Hunters + Insignificant Humans blabbering + Of course Captivating dry humour = The whole book!
Concept: 2.5/5.0
Exe
Fabi
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
1st re-listen. I'm enjoying this series as much now as when I first read it. I love how the story develops and unfolds with new reveals in each succeeding book. I also love how we keep seeing past characters with their living their lives past their initial HEAs.
Alp
There's a very good story here. It grabbed me right from the beginning and held me there till the end. This is the fourth book in Dark-Hunter series, focuses on Wulf Tryggvasen, the Dark-Hunter, and Cassandra Peters, half human and half Apollite.

Wulf was a Viking warrior who was turned into a Dark-Hunter. He had been cursed that no human who met him or heard his voice could remember him 5 minutes later, except for his descendant, and he had only one family member left.

Cassandra was born to a hum
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
It was good but a little too repetitive as far as storylines. Him calling her princess was too much like the last book. However, at least I wasn't sure how the HEA would happen. And outside of the dark hunter and his intended, no one is safe. Thus keeping you on your toes. I will continue on because the next book is a were. But I make no promises after that.
Carmen
Nov 02, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal romance fans
I would explain the plot, but this is one of those stories that don't make sense unless you've read the first 7 books. Let's see if I can simplify things: Two people who are natural enemies fall in love. They are both tragically doomed in different ways. The female is doomed to die on her 27th birthday, and the male is doomed to live a lonely life since no one can remember him five minutes after talking to/seeing him.

THE GOOD:
- The plot. I was riveted by the choices people had to make. What mak
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
I really liked the heroine, Cassandra, in this book. She's going to die in 8 months because she's an Apollite & they all die horribly, painfully on their 27th birthday, but she still lives her life in joy. She kicks ass, has a metal fan with blades, and is 6'1. Her 6'4 bodyguard, Kat, is awesome as well - and I really want to know about her heritage.

Wulf, the Dark Hunter hero, is nice. I liked him, even if he is a black haired Viking and I like to think of them all being scrumptious blond g
mizlanah
Kickass heroine, I approved.

Not much of combat scenes much to my disappointment.

Things happened quite sudden between H/h and luckily I chose to ignore that and simply enjoying the story instead.

The only horror I experienced with the book is I was worried the author might kill the heroine because she sure gave impression of happily-NEVER-after for the duo. Anyway, she didn't YAY. I'm glad because I don't think I could have it again after J.R.Ward-main-character-killing-episode in BDB.

Lastly,
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
Tilly Slaton
Oct 16, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kiss of the Night is the Dark-Hunter series story of Wulf and Cassandra.

Wulf is your run of the mill Dark-Hunter who was betrayed. Shocker? A woman tricked him out of his soul. Took his, gave him hers. Now, he’s immortal and is cursed with something even more brutal than your usual oh woe is me. Everyone who meets him, forgets his existence within 5 minutes. The only person who remembers him is Chris, a direct descendant of his brother, his bloodline.

An over-protective Dark-Hunter sucks just a
Sara Kate
This is my first 5 star for this series. I loved Wulf and Cassandra. Right off the bat, Wulf's story tugged on the heart strings. How lonely an exsistance for him that no on remembers him once he walks out of the room except Chris, his squire because he is from his bloodline or other Dark Hunters that can't be near him or they drain each other's powers. All that changes once he meets Cassandra.... she is the first person to remeber him after he saved her life at a club. She is half Appolite and ...more
Darcy
Jul 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't believe how many times this book had me tearing up. I really liked how the author showed us a different side to the Apollites, one that showed them facing their deaths with a strength and dignity most of us only hope for.

I liked that as the book went on Wulf allowed himself to have an open mind with what he considered his enemies. He started to see them as the people they were, instead of people he needs to kill ASAP. I even liked it when Wulf told Cassandra to go Damion because at th
Tessa Teevan
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have no words. Sherrilyn Kenyon never ceases to amaze me!

Reread: July 2015
CC
Weak edition. I don't want to read an entire book where the h is contemplating her death. While pregnant.
Jill
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 Stars
Michelle
May 17, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There are several really great paranormal writers our there. Having said that, I wish I could give Sherrilyn Kenyon better reviews because she is a very good story teller - she is just horribly unoriginal. She writes in such a way that you really enjoy her characters and you want to know more about them almost as soon as you pick up the book, but again this story had the exact same plot as all her others. Dark and mysterious boy meets pretty girl, boy and girl fall in love/have hot sex, boy and ...more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
What do you do when every person you meet will forget you in moments?

Wulf Tryggvasen, fierce Viking warrior and Dark Hunter lives this life everyday where amnesia affects all those he meets. The only person who remembers him are his DH buddies and Chris, his only blood relative.
But when Cassandra Peters recalls him after the stunt he pulled in a club, Wulf is intrigued by her. Their relationship starts off smoking hot in a bed surrounded by mirrors, but it’s more than just sex between Wulf and
AJ
Jun 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this! A solid 4.5 stars!

Both Wulf and Cassandra were great characters and I loved the originality of the way they came together. This led into a HUGELY exciting twist in the story, and I loved watching how the relationship all unfolded from there. And because all of this happened pretty early on in the book, we got some quality time with them as a couple… I love that!!!

This book had a bit of a different feel to it than the others I’ve read in the series. There was a lot more world-building
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes another addictive addition!

It was truly Incredible how Kenyon after making us despise the Daimons and Appolites turn out heads completely around to start sympathizing with them as we see the ultimate torture they go through and the choices they make, When Wolf goes to the doctors house i was in tears......

Some incredible new additions introduced to our Band of dark Hunters, Zareck (Still my favourite) made a guest appearance!

The story revolves around Viking Wulf and the Half Appolite Cassand
juviasft
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: boring, meh
After reading Zarek's book, I was almost sure nothing could be better than that book. And sadly, I was right.

I was excited, since I thought the 'can't remember Wulf after five minutes' plot was interesting, but instead I found myself waiting (and wanting) for this book to end. I find it hard to follow the mythology of the series sometimes, since it has too many characters, but I can overlook that (because it could only be me), but this book was particularly hard to follow and kind of pointless
Melissa ***BITCH, I'M READING!***
Good read! I’m still waiting to find my book boyfriend of this series though! Lol
Kelly
The last time I did a full series reread, I made the mistake of reading this book as soon as I finished Zarek's book. That was a bad idea, as it turned out because I was still slightly emotionally distraught from everything Z had to go through in his really awful human life. This time, I gave myself a few weeks between books and ended up being terribly, terribly excited to dive back into this world. This book is a trove of new information that expands the overall world and we'll end up seeing SO ...more
Angie
Oct 01, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I’m still not sure exactly what I feel about this book as a whole. The first half of the book was terrible, but the second half was fantastic.

I really liked Wulf a lot at first, but quickly found myself disliking him. As soon as he found out Cassandra is an Apollite he goes from treating her like a person (in his dreams) to treating her like she’s something he accidentally stepped in. He keeps this attitude toward her even after a very big announcement (he does treat her slightly better, but onl
Jonetta
Sep 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wulf Tryggvason is an ancient Viking warrior who is now a Dark Hunter. His power is that people don't remember anything about him 5 minutes after meeting him. That includes everyone except other Dark Hunters and deities. When he finally meets Cassandra, the one woman who can remember him, she turns out to be the princess of the cursed race he's sworn to hunt-and forbidden to him. The two of them must face ancient curses, prophecies, and the direct meddling of the Greek gods to find true happines ...more
Turning Pages At ...: Kiss of the Night (Dark Hunter #4) by Sherrilynn Kenyon 24 12 Jan 10, 2019 05:28AM
A Million More Pages: 5 - Kiss of the Night (DH): May 6 66 31 Jun 07, 2015 04:22PM
Kenyons Minions: Kiss of the Night BOTM 6 92 Dec 07, 2013 01:48PM
The Lost Challenges: Book 5 Kiss of the Night (Mar 1 to 15) 67 25 Jul 16, 2013 09:52AM
Order of Series 3 46 Jul 18, 2012 03:50AM

• Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London #0.5; Dream-Hunter #0.5)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • Tapestry (de Piaget, #8.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8.5; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #2; Highlander, #8)
  • The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld #4)
  • Sin Undone (Demonica #5)
  • Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling #7)
  • All I Want for Christmas is a Vampire (Love at Stake, #5)
  • Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #6)
  • Dark Melody (Dark, #10)
  • Damien (Nightwalkers, #4)
  • Atlantis Unleashed (Warriors of Poseidon,  #3)
  • Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #9)
Official Author site
Official Black Hat Society site
Official Witch of Endor site
Official Lords of Avalon site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Meny

Dark-Hunter (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)
  • Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2)
  • Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #3)
  • Night Play (Dark-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #1)
  • Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #6)
  • Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter #7)
  • Unleash the Night (Dark Hunter, #8; Were-Hunter, #2)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)
  • The Dream Hunter (Dark-Hunter #10, Dream-Hunter #1)
  • Devil May Cry (Dark-Hunter, #11)
“Life is a tapestry woven by the decisions we make.” 625 likes
“Law of the jungle. The betrayee gets to eat the betrayer.
--Dante Pontis ”