Start by marking “First Daughter (Royals of Dharia, #3)” as Want to Read:
First Daughter (Royals of Dharia, #3)

First Daughter

(The Royals of Dharia #3)

The war has begun, and with the Queen of Dharia on her deathbed, Aniri’s excessively-proper eldest sister, First Daughter Nahali, finally sees her chance to claim the crown. Aniri and Nahali have never seen eye-to-eye, not since they were girls running through the palace courtyard, but with Prince Malik and Second Daughter Seledri kidnapped, Aniri can’t afford to fight wit ...more
Kindle Edition, Alternate Cover Edition, 367 pages
Published September 29th 2014 (first published September 17th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about First Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Daughter

Start your review of First Daughter (Royals of Dharia, #3)
Jen
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Wow, this book trilogy. I don't really know what to say, other than I completely LOVED it and will definitely be re-reading it in the future.

It was fun, unique and while serious, it was just what I needed when I read it.

It does have some suspension of disbelief issues. For example, monologuing villain who should just plug the good guy in the head when they have the good guy at their mercy instead of talking on and on and then getting distracted before plugging said good guy in the head, but si
angela
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

What a wonderful last book in a great series. I thoroughly enjoyed this series from beginning to end. It wasn’t what I was expecting when I starting reading, but it surpassed my expectations. I enjoyed the characters, the fact that I couldn’t figure out what was going to happen at every turn and the uniqueness of the story. I have loved everything I’ve ever read by this Author and will definitely keep looking for her books to read.
Agnieszka "Aeth" Jędrzejczyk
First reaction: OMG, there's going to be a separate trilogy about Riva! I'll be waiting for the "The Tinker Tales" oh so curiosly :)

As for "First Daugther", it doesn't dissapoint on its own terms. It's still a fresh, fast and fun adventure with plenty of action going on, but also with a much colorful cast of characters, something I found lacking in the previous books. I will be very happy to get to know them in the follow-up series! All in all, "The Dharian Affairs Trilogy" was just what I neede
Janeal Falor
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
I loved this series! It was a joy to read. It's filled with intrigue, romance, politics, steam-punk awesomeness all tied up in a fantasy slightly based on Indian culture. I'm happy I was able to get my hands on this series!
Loretta
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: steampunk
If you haven't read steampunk before, this is probably a good series to start with, especially as it also has a distinctively Indian flavour which I enjoyed. There is no steam in the romantic bits (if you see what I mean, lol) or swearing.
Be aware the first two books, although good enough to make me continue the series, do end with cliffhangers.
mad mags
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Satisfying Conclusion to The Dharian Affairs Trilogy

At the conclusion of Second Daughter (Book #2 in The Dharian Affairs trilogy), Princess Aniri is about to marry her sweetheart Ash – the so-called “barbarian” Prince of Jungali – when her world is torn apart. Literally.

Commandeered by the rogue Second Son of Samir, the skyship known as The Dagger flies over Bhakti, raining death and destruction down upon the Jungali capital. Aniri is knocked unconscious, right there on the temple doorste
Bill Tillman
First Daughter

The final book of this trilogy has a steep ramp of action, drama and romance. Steamy streamline hold on to your goggles tinker this is an unforgettable journey.
Sharon Phelps
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such an exciting end to the love story of Ash and Anira at least for now. But before that end many an adventure await and the fate of three Queendoms and their people's fates rest in the hands of the three sisters of Dharia and the men they love and trust. I loved all of the excitement, adventure, intrigue and deception interspersed with moments of romance and love. I would gladly recommend this series for teens to adults who haven't lost the sparkle of life.
diana
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I fell in love with Susan Quinn's Royals of Dharia trilogy hard and fast. And with it ending WHAT THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW?!!

First Daughter is a perfect last installment. I love seeing the characters grow from a bunch of people I barely care about to an amazing set of developed characters I absolutely adore. This book like its predecessors is full of adventure, intrigue, action and romance. I LOVED every page! And how can I not? Aniri and Ash are just so cute together! And the plot was
Francesca
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free eARC from Susan Kaye Quinn in return for an honest review.

I love this series. I read this book in about three hours without stopping. The characters are bold and daring and make mistakes. Each character has a desire that drives them to their actions and causes all interactions to be fresh and exciting.

There are many twists and turns in the plot that surprise the reader at every turn. Nothing ever really goes according to plan which makes for an interesting read.

If you've read t
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Didn't think I'd like this sister

I wasn't too excited to read this one. Nahali seemed cold and distant and power driven. I was not a fan. BUT I had to see what happened to Ash and Aniri and Janak and Selendri so I had to read it. I'm glad I did; Nahali isn't so bad.
Sara
Continues after Seledri and Ash is kidnapped.

These are fun and adventurous books but has to be read in sequence to understand the story

***Here we get to see Nahali in motion. She's the sister who is more queenly.
Confusion, jealousy and misconception happens in this one.
***Nahali thinks her mother favors Aniri.
***Aniri doesn't want the throne she wants her family together
***Seledri doubts her husband fidelity
***Ash is captured along with Seledri.

Aniri, Karan, Janak and the crew set out devi
Jessica
3/5 stars, too much Devesh.

When I read the first book to the Royals of Dharia, Third Daughter, I had not been expecting much from it. I had picked it up for free on Amazon for my kindle because I was being a cheap ass and was trying to find a bunch of books that wouldn't cost me anything. First Daughter was a ways down the pile and most of what I got before that wasn't too grand so I wasn't really expecting much from it. While it wasn't perfect, it was far above my expectations for it. And while
Musings of a Middle-aged Mum
The other day I reviewed the first book in this series, I have since read the other two books.
The Royals of Dharia (3 Book Series) by Susan Kaye Quinn
Given the titles of the subsequent books, I was pleasantly surprised to see they are both still written from the perspective of Amiri, the Third Daughter. In the first book, you fall in love with this independent young woman, so I am glad to see how the story develops through her eyes.

At the start of the second book we discover that Seledri, the Se
Rachel Barnard
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Aniri is ready to do anything to save her home kingdom and her future kingdom, but first daughter Nahali will be the new leader of Dharia soon and they don’t always agree. Nahali thinks war is the answer while Aniri still hopes that war can be evaded by stopping the second son of Samir and his deadly skyship from within.

Twists and turns and adventure cover the pages of this last novel. Of the three Royals of Dharia books in this trilogy, First Daughter is the most exciting and filled with the mo
The Mysterious Reader
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I totally love the fantastic Bollywood / steampunk mashup that is Susan Kaye Quinn’s The Royals of Dharia trilogy and now, with its third book, First Daughter, it comes to an end. And a spectacular ending it is indeed. Aniri has a huge amount in her plate here. Her Queen mother is on her deathbed and frankly it’s not clear if First Daughter Nahali is truly up to the job. Meantime Aniri’s Prince Malik and her sister, Second Daughter Seledri, have been kidnapped and - oh yes - she’s been tasked wi ...more
Jane Blanchard
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First Daughter is the last book of The Royals of Dharia trilogy and is not standalone. It is action-packed with the twists of war and family crises.

I loved watching Aniri’s personal development through the books in the series. From being an impetuous and romantic teenager, the third daughter develops into a strong female leader, fighting for peace, family, and love. As she gains self-confidence, she sees the good and strengths of others. Though she is still quick to misjudge, she is happy to be
Naoé
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Like the first 2 books I loved this one too it was more fast paced and full of action I loved seeing this characters all grow up and changed for the better the relationship between the three sisters is so heartwarming and Ash and Aniri are still adorably cute I want to hug them both so hard
And the Queen and Janak made me happy like ridiculously happy
I loved seeing the three Daughters find their place and being in love and happy and ready to be Queen in each of their Queendom like matriarchy ru
Patricia
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent conclusion!

I purchased this book after reading the first & second. The author did a fantastic job keeping the action going throughout all 3 books.
Once again, the Third Daughter plunges into the fray unlike other princesses. Complete the journey with Aniri yourself to understand why I gave these books 5 stars each!
I highly recommend this book to be read after reading, The Third Daughter ( The Royals of Dharia, Book One ) & The Second Daughter, ( The Royals of Dharia, Book Two).
Gaenolee
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I enjoyed this trilogy, but wish certain continuities had been observed. In the first book, the aeroreceivers could only communicate with their direct opposite. However, this rule became fudged and then completely ignored by the third book. And though I appreciate a good romance, the WAY in which the characters showed passion seemed repetitive and trite. To my knowledge, I've never grabbed a partner's shirt to show my passion. The Kindle edition, which I read, also suffered throughout the trilog ...more
Bob Neumann
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
3—2–1—-I read the whole Trilogy in about 36 hours
Awesome read, unquestionably one of the tightest series I have ever read. I tend to get wordy when attempting to REVIEW a book. My wife says why bother doing a review? My simple answer is I want to share the JOY. The EAGLES win the SUPER BOWL and she jumps around cackling and shouting “We Won, We Won ! ! !”. Yeah, she does it after every and ANY game we watch.

Royals of Dharia is phenomenal.......and few people of it.
Roger
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
My third read from author Susan Kaye Quinn. A rollicking steam-punk adventure set in exotic India. Don't let the title throw you, even though it says First Daughter the main character is the same as from the first two books. Well-written with well-developed main characters, an enjoyable read, even better than the first books in the series. I was given an Audible copy of this book & I'm voluntarily reviewing it! (RIP Marley January 20, 2014 - July 24, 2018). ...more
norma sanchez
Jul 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've the trilogy and the first book was by far the best. However, they are all exciting, fun and dramatic. Kept me up until wee hours reading. Didn't want to put down.
Though I enjoyed all the descriptions and details the author provides, sometimes I just had to skip that to get to the action and resolution.
Over all the trilogy is a wonderful read with romance, fun, action and transports one to a different world.
Loved it.
Norma
Nancy
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Princess Aniri unites with her fiancé, the Jungali ruler, in Samir to ward off a planned attack on both their countries. They work with a band of rebels to destroy the Samirian airship fleet and to rescue her sister from captivity. This fast-paced adventure tale concludes the series and was just as gripping as the previous installments.
Veronica
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love beats greed

Susan provides a variety of characters, each enriching the tapestry of the story and enhancing the flow of the plot. We see Aniri rising to the occasion, and even though she is the youngest she is the one who bolsters her elder sister, the First Daughter, helping her to become the queen that Dharia needs.
Anushka Flemming
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG...what a finish to a good series! I didn't want it to end. The plot twists were intriguing, but as a reader looking in, you are forever saying in your head to the heroine...look out...it's him!! I will definitely come back and reread these at some point. This trilogy didn't disappoint, but I'd like to see a continuation of the 3 sisters' stories.
Erica Rue
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Solid conclusion to the trilogy. I loved the strong female characters, especially the fact that the pregnant characters still played important roles and were not trapped in quiet rooms the entire time.
Kirsten
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-books
Third daughter is up to her old tricks with adventure, battle, and rescue. Her sister learns to be a queen while they battle the power hungry Second Son of Samir. A lot of mayhem and destruction, but all in good fun! Good steampunk novel trilogy.
Gina
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read this trilogy!

I was riveted from page one of the first book to the end of the third. This author knows how to weave a story that keeps the reader spellbound to the end...and what an ending it was!!
Jane Clarkson
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One adventure after another...

This 3rd installment of the Daughters of Daria 3 book series, is spectacular! My only wish is that I could still be reading it, instead of it being at the end. Happy reading!
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 26, 2016 07:55AM

• Lost Hills (Eve Ronin #1)
  • Too Scandalous to Marry a Duke
  • The Princess Trials (The Princess Trials, #1)
  • Mail Order Susanna
  • Containment (Children of Occam #1)
  • Amaranth
  • The Wicked Wager
  • You Say It First
  • The Trinity Awakening (Seckry Sequence, #2)
  • Reborn Yesterday (Phenomenal Fate, #1)
  • Until the Day Breaks (California Rising #1)
  • The Bend in Redwood Road (Missing Pieces, #1)
  • The Road to Larkin St
  • The Queen of Carnage (Underestimated #1)
  • In a Field of Blue
  • Dark Prince (Blueblood Vampires #1)
  • Fortune's Son
CLICK HERE for a FREE STORY

Susan Kaye Quinn is a rocket scientist turned speculative fiction author who now uses her PhD to invent cool stuff in books. Her works range from young adult science fiction to adult future-noir, with side trips into royal fantasy romance and middle grade. Her bestselling novels and short stories have been optioned for Virtual Reality, translated into German and French,

The Royals of Dharia (3 books)
  • Third Daughter (Royals of Dharia, #1)
  • Second Daughter (Royals of Dharia, #2)