Start by marking “Treacherous Seduction (Rockford Security #3)” as Want to Read:
Treacherous Seduction (Rockford Security #3)

Treacherous Seduction

(Rockford Security #3)

Freedom tastes sweet to Chase Evans, especially after serving a five-year prison sentence for a crime he didn’t commit. Aided by a new security job from his old Buddy Blake Rockford, he vows to stay out of trouble and get his life back on track … until he ends up accused of killing the very man he was assigned to protect.

Shelby Bryant never wanted anything to do with her
Published March 14th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Treacherous Seduction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Treacherous Seduction

Thomas
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chase Evans is released early from prison for a crime he admitted to that he was not guilty of.

Not expecting anyone to meet him. He is surprised to find his former best friend Blake Rockford, not only waiting for him, but offering him not only a job, but a place to stay.

Blake Rockford owns a security company. Chase is assigned to be a bodyguard for the owner of a casino, things go south quickly when the owner's wife takes him with her instead so she could have protection while she goes shopping
Bev
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really don't understand how the author comes up with all these ideas to make a story so engrossing! I just ate this story right up, the way the story was laid out you never knew what would happen next, the characters, well they kinda speak for themselves. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and can't wait for the next one! I voluntarily reviewed a free ARC of this book.
Cinda Inman
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chase Evans is finally released from prison for a crime he didn't commit. Stepping into the sunshine he sees Blake Rockford, an old friend. Blake offers Chase a job as a bodyguard and a place to stay until he gets on his feet. Chase is tasked with being a bodyguard for Warren Bryant, the owner of the Lucky Aces Casino. When Chase arrives at the casino he is met by Katherine Bryant, Warren's wife. She has Chase being he bodyguard for the day While they were shopping Warren is murdered. Chase is b ...more
Karen
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Keeps You Guessing

Poor Chase gets out of prison, after 5 years of serving a sentence for something he never did, only to wind up as a prime suspect in a murder. Working with Shelby, the victim's daughter, he seems to get in deeper & deeper.

I was a little upset with him when he discovers the true killer, which wasn't exactly who he expected it to be but everything is looking up at the end!

It was a very enjoyable book (#3 in the series) and I look forward to the next one!!
Bev
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-it, have-read
Nadine
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good romantic suspense book

This is not a cozy mystery, in fact, it’s not really a mystery, a whodunit, at all: it’s more romantic suspense. Expect some profanities. Very understandable, given the circumstances, BTW.

Chase is fresh out of prison for something he didn’t do. He’s a good guy, but he’s hardened by his past.

Shelby is a rich man’s daughter. But she isn’t spoiled. Or is she?

When Shelby’s father turns up dead, the police focus on Chase, the ex-con. He has to find the real killer.

It
Meryl Markowitz
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read read an advanced copy for an honest review.

Chase Evans is finally free from prison for a crime he never commited. His friend, Blake Rockford, offers him a job as a bodyguard at his security firm. Little does he know, he is being set up to take the fall for the murder of the person he has been hired to watch. After all, who is going to believe an ex-con?
Enter Shelby Bryant. She is the daughter of the victem and has been sucked into the cat and mouse game by the real killer and accomplace.

C
Cindy Bonner
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 3rd book in the Rockford Security series. Each book can stand alone, but I personally like reading series in order because you get backgrounds on some of the characters. You can read the synopsis, so I won't go into a lot of detail here. Blake Rockford shows up when Chase is released from prison for a crime his brother committed but he took the fall for to offer Chase a security position with his firm. Blake and Chase have a past and Blake wants to give Chase a chance at a life after ...more
Margaret
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Chase is released from prison, he's met by his old best friend Blake Rockford who is determined to get Chase back into life with a job at his security agency and a place to stay. Things almost immediately take a terrible turn and Chase is a prime suspect in the murder of the man he was supposed to be guarding. Enter Shelby, the murdered man's daughter, and also a suspect. What follows is a great mystery/romance that involves a lot of treachery and a very smart killer. Great read!
Kim
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was originally released in 2016 under the pen name Lee Ann Jones, as a Mystery/Romance. With the re-write, a lot of the gritty language and adult content has been removed or dramatically reduced.
I had loved the original book when I read it 3 years ago, I actually like the cleaner version better.
I really enjoy the entire Rockford Security series, but for some reason, Chase and Shelby resonated with me.
Well developed and thought-out plot, and amazing characters and relationships.
You'll
Carmen Newsham
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh so good - yes you want to read this book. I enjoyed this book, the style of writing and very much recommend it. No spoilers in this review. The story opens with Chase Evans being released from prison and within days of his release his life gets upended as he’s thrown into a murder investigation that points back at him. This is the third book in the series but it can be read alone. I suggest reading the other books though so when the reader meets other characters the connections will have more ...more
Diane E Barno
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What would you do for family? Chase Evans gave up 5 yrs of his life for his brother. Now, with his freedom once again challenged, what choice will he make. Can he prove his innocence and find a future? Does he deserve one?

Great story and characters. Though this is Book 3 in a series, it stands on its own.
Kidzmomca
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again Leighanne Dobbs has created a series that is interesting and thoroughly entertaining. I have read so many of her different series, how I missed this one I will never know. The characters are vibrant and real, and while this is not a cozy mystery series, it’s not so violent or gory that turns this reader off. I look forward to the rest of the series being released and highly recommend the Rockford Security novels to everyone.
JANE VAN HORN
Excellent book. I usually read cozy mysteries but have read all three of Rockford Security series. They are great. This one gives you hope for a new beginning and a whole new life.
Elisa
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Chase is a convicted felon fresh out of jail
Shelby is the daughter of a rich casino owner with ties in the drug trade.

Is Chase really a good guy turned bad or is he covering for someone?
Is Shelby a spoiled rich girl just looking for more of daddy's money?

A scintillating murder mystery, with sexy characters, lot's of cute hilarious animals Henry is my new favourite character I just love him and his antics and the gorgeous Rockford family who are always there to help their loved ones.
Kerry
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku, romantic-suspence
This was an enjoyable addition to the series. I liked the characters, and I really liked Chase overall. He went to prison because he took the fall for his brother and now he is trying to get his life back and prove himself. Shelby was enjoyable as well, and her animals were great secondary characters. I really enjoyed Blake in this story as well. The plot was good and I liked watching them team up to overcome the obviously evil stepmother.
Jenice Bascombe Jordan
Aug 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
Steupes.

I only finished reading this book because I wanted to know who the murderer was. I swear I thought I was reading the previous book in the series. The sex scenes were practically the same. I won't be reading the next books in this series. I gave it one star because it's the only way I could submit my review
barbara evans
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Boy have I been lucky

I haven't read a bad book lately. This author is on my list of must read authors. Very good book.
Missy
Marta Scheiner
Aug 13, 2017
MISS TARA WOOLLEY
Dec 17, 2016
Lee Anne Jones is the more romantic alter-ego of USA Today Bestselling Author Leighann Dobbs. As Jones, she writes heart thudding romantic suspense that will keep you up all night.

She lives in the lakes region of New Hampshire with a fishing obsessed husband, a feisty but loyal chihuahua, and a cat that thinks she’s the boss.

Rockford Security (5 books)
  • Deadly Betrayal (Rockford Security #1)
  • Fatal Games (Rockford #2)
  • Calculating Desires (Rockford Security #4)
  • Wicked Deception (Rockford Security #5)