Start by marking “Dear Dad” as Want to Read:
Dear Dad

Dear Dad

Three people longing to find love. Connected by one big lie.
Handsome, 28-year old, Nate Hardman is a frontline reporter with a big problem. Suffering from shell-shock and unable to leave his house, he’s already lost his social life and his girlfriend. Now his career prospects are sinking fast.
9 year-old Adam Boxley who lives alone with his ageing nan, also has big proble
Kindle Edition
Published March 31st 2016 by Yule Press

To ask other readers questions about Dear Dad, please sign up.
Giselle Hey Lizzie - just seen this! Sorry for such a late reply but I am delighted to see you enjoyed it anyway! xx

Shelves: fiction
Dear Dad is one of those novels that would melt the coldest of hearts. It is a truly lovely story that, along with the characters, will stay with me for years to come.

The chapters alternate between Nate, a war reporter and Jenna, a school teacher/tattoo artist.

Nate and Jenna are both having to deal with their own personal issues. Through nine year old Adam, both Nate and Jenna’s lives turn in a direction that neither would have ever expected.

Adam reminded me very much of the boy in Bad Santa. An
Anne
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
I really enjoyed this book. I've enjoyed other books I've read by Giselle Green too, but have mentioned the emotional complexity - they were great reads, but the emotions were sometimes as difficult to read as they undoubtedly must have been to write. Don't get me wrong though, there's nothing overly "light" about this one in either its themes and story - a perfect balance, I thought. The author is developing a voice that's very much her own - but I have to say that if you enjoy the books of Joj ...more
Adele
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
This is the first book I’ve read by Giselle Green and I’d like to thank her for the arc in return for an honest review. Her debut novel Pandora’s Box won the Romantic Novelists’ Association New Writer’s Award in 2008. Her third novel, A Sister’s Gift achieved best-selling number one slot on Amazon kindle in 2012. When I heard Giselle and a fellow book blogger talking about this novel, Dear Dad, I was instantly drawn to the storyline. They were very enthusiastic about the book and I wanted to lea ...more
Shell Baker
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a lovely story, I can not believe I have never read any of Giselle Green's book before. This story will leave your heart swelling.

Poor Adam Boxley lives with his nan who is neglected at home and bullied at school. Adam is desperate to reach out for his dad and writes a letter to Nate. Nate Harman is a reporter having problems of his own Suffering from shell-shock and unable to leave his house, he’s already lost his social life and his girlfriend. Now his career prospects are sinking fas
Michelle Sibley
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Although this looks like a typical boy meets girl read, which it is, it’s actually really good. Based around three central characters, Nate, Jenna and Adam, who are all strangers but in just a few chapters they are all entangled. It’s quite a heart breaking story but a lovely one. Predictable is parts but still worthy of 4 stars.
Beadyjan
Shelves: family-drama, romance
If you like a book to tug at your heartstrings, have a hunky yet vulnerable hero, a feisty yet fragile heroine and a hurt and lonely child, all looking for that special someone in their lives you won't go wrong with Dear Dad, the very latest romantic novel by Giselle Green

These 3 people are brought together when each of them is at the most defenceless point of their lives. Is it fate which has brought them together, a genuine mistake or a downright lie?

Jenna is a talented tattoo artist, recently
Alison
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I’m almost embarrassed to admit this is the first book I have read by Giselle! I heard about it online via the blogging community and was delighted to be offered an ARC. After finishing this the whole back catalogue is now on my wishlist!

A beautifully written story that flows at just the right pace to be able to absorb the characters and process their thoughts and actions.

I really felt an attraction to Nate .. he is a former frontline reporter/correspondent who now suffers PTSD after being in so
Laura Pickett
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on https://laurasgoodbooks.wordpress.com

I really like when books have chapters from different characters viewpoints and with this book, it worked so well. It starts from Nate’s side and you learn that he’s stuck inside his house, too scared to leave. Jenna’s story is that she’s returning from Italy after having her heart broken by her fiancé, and has to start again-new home, new job, building a life in Rochester. Adam is the child that connects them and is such a likeable chara
Ikira
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This story is romantic in both the traditional and non-traditional sense. The two adult main characters develop a lovely relationship in slightly odd but nonetheless real circumstances and the wider three (including young Adam) each have a unique set of circumstances which bring them together in a peculiar way.

Before they meet, each one has their own list of issues and they somehow manage to mottle together to help each other to deal with their issues and move on with their lives without even re
Marie
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Thanks for allowing me to read this in exchange for my honest review. As always with Giselle Green books you have yourself a lovely, emotional, well written, thoughtful novel. This is no exception. It is a read that will leave you wanting to know more night over night until it ends - and then you wish it wasn't ending.
The story is based around 3 characters - Nate - a war reporter who has come home and is suffering from PTSD and is unable to leave his home. Then there is Jenna - a young lady try
Book-shelf Shelf
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When Nate gets a letter through his door, he is convinced its not for him. But as its a cry for help, he can't help but act on it. Adam is a child who has been under the radar for so long he thinks he doesn't deserve to even dream. But then Jenna comes to the school and notices the quite child who is bullied every day.
This is a fantastic book, written from both Jenna and Nates point of view. Their past, present and future is all determine by events to do with their inner-self and how they have
Roz
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Having read several of the author's other books I was looking forward to reading Dear Dad and I was not disappointed.

The story concerns how the lives of Nate Harmon, a war reporter, Jenna Tierney, a tattoo artist suffering from a broken heart and nine year old Adam Boxley, overweight and bullied at school become intertwined and the consequences of the interactions.

I loved this book, it is a lovely, heartwarming read with tears and smiles along the way.

I would like to thank TBC on Facebook and Gi
Nelly
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts

This is an utterly delightful book, which not only pulled on my heart strings but tied a knot in them as well. The author intertwines many topics in an uncomplicated and heart-warming way and I totally enjoyed reading how the lives of Nate, Jenna and Adam panned out.

There are tearful moments but humour plays apart too and I really chuckled in at one point of the book that I shall only describe as being a very permanent mistake.

Great read that I would gladly recommend and I thank Gisel
Brenda Swift
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just loved Dear Dad. Following the story of a young boy (Adam) looking for a father figure and then inadvertently changing the life of those he meets along the way, just had me gripped. You cannot fail to love Adam? I didn't want it to end but at the same time was desperate to find out how it ended. I became so emotionally involved that I confess I had tears at the end.

Another fab book by Giselle Green.
Jo Barton
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Heroes come in many guises, mostly they are ordinary people, who in exceptional circumstances step up to the bar and do something really extraordinary. Nate Hardman is one such person, except he has a big problem. As a roving reporter in some of the world's most conflicted areas, Nate is well accustomed to stress, but after a catastrophic incident , he returns home with extreme anxiety issues, so much so, that the PTSD he suffers from means that he can’t even leave the shelter of his own home.

Ad
Simona
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*Book provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*

This story follows three different characters, all longing for love and happiness. Their lives entangle and the story gets really emotional and touching.

Nate Hardman is a frontline reporter, but at the moment he is unable to leave the house. No social life, his ex-girlfriend is getting married and lots of panic attacks.
Nate gets a letter from 9 year-old Adam. He gets bullied at school and lives with his nan, but he is more looking aft
Sue
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, kindle, read-2016
Nate is a former war reporter suffering a form of agoraphobia. Jenna is a teacher and tattoo artist who has just left a disastrous relationship. Adam is a nine-year-old motherless boy who cares for his aging grandmother and is badly bullied at school. And he thinks that Nate might be his father...

The story is told alternately by Jenna and Nate, with their storylines weaving together gently. There’s an overriding theme about running away: Adam from the school bullies; Jenna from previous relation
LindyLouMac
Apr 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
A very emotional story line evolving around three protagonists, Nate, Adam and Jenna. As in her previous novels the author's writing flows as she narrates the story first person via the characters of Nate and Jenna. A thoughtful novel with young Adam, a troubled little boy, looking for happiness in his life, the character that causes Nate and Jenna to examine their own past lives, current situations and to wonder about their futures. If you enjoy contemporary fiction this should not disappoint, ...more
Gail Atkins
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Thanks to Giselle Green and TBC far this ARC..This is my first book by Giselle and it will not be my last!!
It was a very easy read story and I found myself drawn to the three characters: Nate, Jenna and Adam. Their individual complicated lives slowly connect with each other.
I loved reading about Rochester and the small snippets of history which add to Adam 's young character.
A modern themed love story which I would recommend.
Karen Farrow
Apr 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to be given this by THE BookClub in exchange for a review. I loved this from the start. You become embroiled in the lives of the three main characters and I found myself wondering what I would do in their circumstances, always a good indication that I am enjoying the book. I loved the ending and it didn't leave me dangling. Another sure hit for Giselle Green
Rae Kahaiali'i
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An Absolute Must Read!

Absolutely Beautiful! Tearful, Funny and A True Learning Experience. Nate, Jenna, Adam and Nan will make you fall in love with them completely and have you cheering them on until the end. An amazing read that will make you realize things you take for granted. Definitely 5 Star Material! Love Love Love It!
Lizzie
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Why oh why haven't the movie makers discovered Giselle green. She wipes the floor with jojo moyles. This could be adapted so well for a movie. It was heartbreaking and liberating at the same time. I have loved all of giselles books but I think this is my favourite yet.
Rae
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lovely, lovely, lovely... three wonderful main characters, Nate, Jenna and Adam, all looking to be 'healed'. But this isn't a schmaltzy read. Each character is complex, fully formed. A deserved 5 stars.
Anne
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
The lead characters in Dear Dad are introduced straight away. The reader hears the story through the characters' narration, first Nate and then Jenna. I'll admit that at first I was a little overwhelmed by all of the characters and felt that there were a lot to get to know, but the author's writing flows so well and reads so easily, that I soon settled down and became familiar with each individual voice.

Nate and Jenna appear at first to have little in common and it is only as their stories progr
Steph
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a really good book,not edge of your seat amazing or fast paced or terrific but it was good. It told a story of 3 people who become connected, all looking for something missing in their lives and they find a way to help each other.
Nate a former war correspondent who suffers from panic attacks and can’t leave the house.
Adam a 9 year old boy who believes that Nate is his dad and desperately wants it to be true as his nans health is getting worse, he is her carer and he is being bullied at
Mary Lou Lane
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Very heart warming; Loved the story line. Anxious to read the rest of the story and find out what happens to Nate and Jen.
Holly
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Originally reviewed for Bookaholic Confessions

War reporter Nate Hardman is going through a challenging time when he starts experiencing horrific panic attacks which leave him unable to leave the house. Things are going downhill fast, especially when he is unable to go out and work leaving him wondering how he’s going to support himself.
However, his life takes on an unexpected turn when he receives a letter from a 9 year old boy who thinks that Nate is his father. Suffering both at home and at s
Gingercat
Apr 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Thank you to the author for providing a copy of Dear Dad for review.

Dear Dad is the poignant and profound tale of 3 individuals – Nate, Jenna and Adam – and how they lives interweave throughout a period of several weeks.

Nate is a former war reporter suffering from some debilitating personal issues. He is holing up at home, hiding from the world and avoiding facing his demons. When 9-year-old Adam is accidentally thrown into his life and reaches out to him for help, Nate must look to put the pa
Hayley
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was thrilled when I was recently offered the chance to review this book as I have read and enjoyed previous books by Gisele Green. I knew from the synopsis that this was going to be a really good read but I didn’t anticipate it being quite as incredible as it was or quite so heartwarming.

Adam is a nine-year-old boy who doesn’t have the easiest of lives. He lives with his elderly Nan, who is unable to take care of him – in fact, Adam is taking care of her on his own and as a result is neglected
Michelle Ryles
Shelves: galleys-read
I had to wait a few days after reading Dear Dad to write my review; the book is so poignant and heartfelt that it simply took my breath away. It's such an unusual idea for a story and with three strong, likeable characters it works so well. I completely bought into the story and really felt that fate had a hand in the lives of Nate, Jenna and Adam.

Adam is a 9 year old orphan living with his Nan. One day his Nan gives him the address of his Dad, so Adam writes a letter and posts it through his le
« previous 1 3 4 next »