Start by marking “Witch Weed” as Want to Read:
Witch Weed

Witch Weed (Witch Saga #5)

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  229 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Lynn Morley and Mouse spot strange purple weeds growing exactly where they threw old Mrs. Tuggle's glass eye in The Witch's Eye. Could these ominous plants be witch weeds?
Published September 1st 1992 by Yearling (first published December 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Witch Weed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witch Weed

Mandy Stigant
This whole series scared the ever living snot out of me when I was 12. For kids' books, they're pretty damn scary.
P.A. Pursley
Book five in the Witch's Sister saga! Almost done!

This book find Lynn and Marjorie, Mouse, finding out that their attempt to get rid of the dead witch's eye only made the evil spread. And there are others who want to be part of the witch's coven so the girls find themselves trying to battle not only the evil of the dead witch but her new converts, too.

If you enjoyed the first four of the Witch's Saga, you have to read this one!
Keifer
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book the witch weed is mainly about a teen girl named Lynn and her best friend Mouse had (in the last book) fought a evil witch named Mrs.Tuggle. So in this book Lynn had to go to a psychologist because her family thought that she was crazy. When she was at the psychologist she told him about Mrs.Tuggle and how Mrs.Tuggle's house burned down with her inside. But all of Mrs.Tuggle's evil came from her glass eye with some how has survived the wreckage. But this eye was found by Lynns' little b ...more
F
Apr 11, 2010 rated it it was ok
As a curious mom, this was my second book of the Naylor "Witches" series to read. I can definitely see why the series (because of their occult theme) has created some controversy among religious fundamentalists over the years. The concept of five 11-year-old girls forming a coven and making plans to perform a ceremony on a night of a witches' Sabbat to raise their newest member, Mouse, who is under their spell to a "higher" power so Mouse could get her mother to return home is a theme that a you ...more
Claire Caterer
Despite points here and there that feel dated now (corded telephones, for example), this 1991 novel still generates some genuinely creepy thrills. I remember being terrified by Witch's Sister as a kid (the first in this series), and never knew there were other books to follow. Any of them can be read as standalone tales, though. I sat up all night finishing it. :)
Caroline
Aug 24, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lynn and Mouse destroyed Mrs. Tuggle, her house, and her eye, but now a mysterious purple plant known as Witch Weed is by the pond and strange things are happening as usual.
Canni
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Creepy, intense, exciting - All in all, very good!
Madeline Henricksen
I made the mistake of reading this before falling asleep. . . . .
Creepy book, but I like it because of the way the author describes the (marble as Stevie calls it)eye.
Michele
Nov 18, 2012
Tserisa
Jun 29, 2011
  • Shamran - den som kommer
  • Enchanted Music (The Music of the Silencer) (W.I.T.C.H. Adventures, #2)
  • A Devil to Ride (Jinny, #2)
  • Dragens Kys
  • Kulla-Gulla (Kulla-Gulla, #1)
  • Pride's Last Race (Thoroughbred, #10)
  • The Things With Wings
  • Be a Wolf! (Adventures of Wishbone, #1)
  • Islands in the Sky (Voyage of the Basset 1)
  • Dead Crazy (Jenny Cain, #5)
  • To Visit the Queen (Cats of Grand Central, #2)
  • Wolf-Woman
  • My Teacher Flunked the Planet (My Teacher Is an Alien, #4)
  • Celine
Phyllis Reynolds Naylor was born in Anderson, Indiana, US on January 4, 1933.

Her family were strongly religious with conservative, midwestern values and most of her childhood was spent moving a lot due to her father's occupation as a salesman.

Though she grew up during the Depression and her family did not have a lot of money, Naylor stated that she never felt poor because her family owned good boo
More about Phyllis Reynolds Naylor...

Witch Saga (6 books)
  • Witch's Sister (Witch Saga, #1)
  • Witch Water (Witch Saga, #2)
  • The Witch Herself (Witch Saga, #3)
  • The Witch's Eye (Witch Saga, #4)
  • The Witch Returns (Witch Saga, #6)