Start by marking “Wolf: La ragazza che sfidò il destino (Wolf By Wolf, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wolf: La ragazza che sfidò il destino (Wolf By Wolf, #1)

Wolf: La ragazza che sfidò il destino

(Wolf by Wolf #1)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  18,781 ratings  ·  3,824 reviews
È il 1956 e l’alleanza tra le armate naziste del Terzo Reich e l’impero giapponese governa gran parte del mondo. Ogni anno, per celebrare la Grande Vittoria, le forze al potere organizzano il Tour dell’Asse, una spericolata e avvincente corsa motociclistica che attraversa i continenti collegando le due capitali, Germania e Tokyo. Il premio in palio? Un incontro con il supe ...more
Published April 12th 2016 by DeAgostini (first published October 20th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Wolf, please sign up.
Natalie Gutierrez Yes and no. Yes because romance is present in the book; No because it is barely there and not in the way you would expect.

·  18,781 ratings  ·  3,824 reviews

Start your review of Wolf: La ragazza che sfidò il destino (Wolf By Wolf, #1)
Emily May
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There would be no dressing up as a maid. No cyanide slipped into his crystal glass of mineral water. The Fuhrer’s death was to be a loud, screaming thing. A broadcast of blood over the Reichssender.

This book is an action-packed adventure, but it cannot be denied that a lot of its strength comes from one of the most fascinating premises I've ever read. Two, really. Though this may have been done by other authors, it was the first time I'd read anything like it. Wolf By Wolf imagines a reality
Regan
Dec 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5, really enjoyed it
Sasha Alsberg
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book, even though at times difficult to read due to the subject matter of the holocaust (and it continuing), was an exceptional read! Highly recommend, truly unique!!
Angela
"She-wolf. An interesting choice."
"I didn't choose it," she told him. "It chose me."

In the 1940's Yael was living in a Nazi death camp where she was selected for an experiment. She starts receiving injection that are suppose to help erase her Jewish traits. They wanted to turn her into the perfect Aryan specimen. What they didn't expect was that it would turn her into something more.

Yael is now someone she doesn't even recognize. A girl who can't even remember her own face. She goes from li
According to the stories, when the führer first announced his vision of an occupied Africa and Europe to his generals, some of them had laughed. “Impossible,” they’d said. “It can’t be done.” But the word impossible held no sway over a man like Hitler.

What if World War II had gone differently? What if the Axis powers had actually won? And what if that awful human experimentation done at concentration camps had actually amounted to the creation of something?

Set in an alternate history our sto
jessica
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
there is a book called ‘if the allies had fallen: sixty alternate scenarios of world war II.’ thats sixty different ways hitler could have won, sixty different ways life would have been different. i couldnt tell you how someone had enough time to come up with sixty various scenarios, but i can definitely tell you this story is not one of them. this book is in a league all on its own.

yes, some aspects are a little cheesy and worth a good eye-roll. and yes, the sci-fi element is really out of plac
Victoria Schwab
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Extraordinary. Prepare to hear me gushing about this book closer to release. But if it's not on your radar GET IT THERE. ...more
Mikee (ReadWithMikee)
"Once upon a different time, there was a girl who lived in a kingdom of death. Wolves howled up her arm. A whole pack of them -- made of tattoo ink and pain, memory and loss. It was the only thing about her that ever stayed the same. Her story begins on a train."

If you haven't read this book, then I'm tell you right now: DROP what you're doing or what you're reading and pick this book up. As soon as I read the synopsis for a Wolf by Wolf, I just had to read this story. Although I did
Chantal
Once upon a different time, there was a girl who lived in a kingdom of death. Wolves howled up her arm. A whole pack of them-made of tattoo ink and pain, memory and loss. It was the only thing about her that ever stayed the same.

This book is fabulous. Absolutely fabulous.

It’s one of those rare occasions where I can honestly say I wouldn’t change a thing about it. For me, this book was perfect. I loved every second of it.

For once, I picked up a book not because of a review by one of
Sarah DiMento
"She-wolf. An interesting choice."
"I didn't choose it," she told him. "It chose me."

I can already tell this is going to be a long one, I have so much to say about this book!

Let me just start off by saying that I am no stranger to World War II historical fiction. I have an entire bookshelf devoted to the topic (both fiction and nonfiction) and have read my share. something about that entire era just intrigues me. This one is definitely right up there with my favorites :) it surprised me and e
Ryan Graudin
Mar 07, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-penned
I wrote this book. I'm pretty partial to it. ;)

For every 1000 adds WOLF BY WOLF receives, I'll be posting a teaser!

1k teaser: https://instagram.com/p/1pBu04lIkP/

2k teaser: https://instagram.com/p/47JEFnlIlf/

3k teaser: https://instagram.com/p/7Vq7qOlIjq/

4k teaser: https://instagram.com/p/8esry5lIos/

I'll be posting another teaser at the 5k add point if it is before the release date!!

ALSO, for those of you who are curious, WOLF BY WOLF is the first book in a duology! The sequel is tentatively sched
Heather
I was expecting to like this book just not love it! It blew me away! With the plot twists and the history and the added slight element of sci fi or paranormal (not sure yet!) I fell in love plus a motorcycle race?!
To say I am desperately wanting the sequel right now would be a vast understatement!
Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~
I think it's an understatement to say I am disappointed.

The premise of this sounded pretty neat. Skinshifting? An International motorcycle race? A Jewish girl's sole purpose to assassinate Fuhrer Hitler?

That sounds badass.

Honestly though, I was really bored for an overwhelming majority of this book. I kept hoping that with a little patience this story would take off, but for me it just didn't.

Literally the only interesting sections in the story dealt with the main character's past. Yael has
grace
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing
Kai
Dec 08, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
“The wolves of war are gathering. They sing a song of rotten bones.”

One girl with a thousand identities on an impossible mission with a single goal: Kill Hitler.

3.5/5 stars.

Cover and title had me hooked the minute I first saw this on Goodreads. Especially since Victoria Schwab (one of my favourite authors) had rated it 5 stars.
The first few pages had me utterly confused until I had finally figured out what "Alternate History" was supposed to mean. Now, pretending that Hitler survived, enlarged t
Sana
I DNF this like a month ago and I'm making it official now.

Like, I was so confused throughout the 150 pages I read....what the fuck was happening???? It's like when you're watching Pewdiepie videos and non stop laughing and you're little brother takes your thumb to unlock your phone password and YOU DON'T EVEN FUCKING REALIZE WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING.

You're just reading a bunch of words and not processing what the fuck they mean and I'm so fucking clueless to this day as to what the fuck was
Wren (fablesandwren)
What if Hitler won the war? What if Hitler tried to make everyone have blonde hair and blue eyes? What if this actually created a shape-shifter?

Yael was mutated. She was born a normal human being, got experimented on in a concentration camp, and can no take the shape of whomever she wants. Grant it, she doesn't really change mass or anything so guys are harder for this small girl to take form, but she can still try.

After a series of events, Yael ends up in the hands of The Resistance, a group tr
Jack +Books & Bourbon+
Huzzah for alternate history YA fiction!

Huzzah for a book about a female lead who races motorcycles!

Boo for the book synopsis giving away the cool spin on the main character's ability! The book would have sounded cool enough without that particular tidbit being spoiled.

While it likely won't achieve the great & lofty heights of The Hunger Games or Divergent series, Wolf By Wolf is very worthy entry into the ever-crowded world of YA fiction. A few years ago, you couldn't swing a dead cat without h
Stacey (prettybooks)
I was invited to a blogger tea earlier this year to meet Ryan Graudin and hear all about her upcoming book. I left feeling super excited to read it, and so I should have – Wolf By Wolf is now one of my favourite books of the year.

Wolf By Wolf is set in 1956, Germany – or, Germania, Capital of the Third Reich. It has been 10 years since the Third Reich and Imperial Japan won the Second World War. As a young child, Yael was experimented on in Auschwitz and she developed the incredible ability to t
Maxwell
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, owned
Fast-paced, engaging, and a unique alternate history story. The characters, other than Yael, lacked a bit of substance and the writing was clunky, relying heavily on repetition to a fault (she repeats words, words, words like this, this, this all the time, time, time)—but I enjoyed reading it and it made me want to pick up the sequel.
Caitlin
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy. Fuck.

Amber recommended this book to me in December last year and I bought it back in January but it's been sitting on my shelf ever since. I had no real inclination to pick it up and I honestly didn't know what the hell this book was about.

I decided randomly yesterday that I would finally read this book and man I wish I had picked it up sooner! This book wasn't what I expected - although, to be fair, I didn't know what to expect. Even though there's a motorbike on the front cover, I didn
Christina
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Original Read: Nov. 6th - Nov. 14th, 2015
Re-read: May 28th - June 4th, 2017

I loved this just as much the second time reading it. My original review and thoughts remain the same.

*******************************
Original Review:

"Once upon a time, there was a girl who lived in a kingdom of death. Wolves howled up her arm. A whole pack of them -- made of tattoo ink and pain, memory and loss. It was the only thing about her that ever stayed the same."

What if the Axis had won World War 2?
It
Anna M.
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
2016 Genre Challenge: Historical Fiction
Pretty freaking awesome book! I loved everything about it, the characters, the plot, the action. The idea of this type of story is not original, but this was written in a way I could enjoy it. Being one of Jewish heritage and born in the USSR, I could relate to the story of Yael's life as these stories have been passed on to me during my life.... This was a great book. A very strong recommendation from me.
Jenny
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow...this book is definitely something else!
A historical alternative universe, an action packed race to killing totalitarian evil, interesting and layered characters to explore, a great cliffhanger..
The author could've used "Scheiße" a bit more grammatically correct, but all in all a fantastic read!
Taylor Knight
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! It was so different and interesting. I loved the characters so much and the plot was so fast paced. I've never read a book like Wolf by Wolf before and I read the whole book in just one sitting. ...more
Clara
** 4 “I NEED THE SECOND BOOK NOW !!” **

I don’t understand why I waited so long to read this, especially because the synopsis had always appealed to me, but I don’t know, I never came around to read it in the end until now ! And what an amazing read this was !! Loved it !

The story and world-building :
• Basically, I loved the whole concept of the book : writing a story about our world as it could have been IF Hitler had won WW2. Just this aspect alone was fascinating and had a way to make
Arunimaa
*4.5 stars*

“Once upon a different time, there was a girl who lived in a kingdom of death. Wolves howled up her arm. A whole pack of them--made of tattoo ink and pain, memory and loss. It was the only thing about her that ever stayed the same.
Her story begins on a train.”

Wolf by Wolf- An alternate history laced with action, thrill, betrayal, loss and desperation, all threaded together brilliantly to deliver an incredible tale. A tale of a girl, who was no girl at all. A girl who had lost he
Lonna | FLYLēF
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-challenge
FLYLēF Book Reviews

Original Post: Wolf by Wolf at FLYLēF (www.flylef.com)

HISTORY IS REVIVED to magnificent effects in this moving and haunting novel. Ryan Graudin’s Wolf by Wolf shines a light on one of the darkest, most terrifying chapters in our past and spins a remarkable tale of an alternate history. The what-if’s set in motion by one courageous girl—Yael Adele— had me racing along, and rooting for her to change history as we know it: Win the Axis Tour. Assassinate Hitler.

Or Die Trying.

Graudin’s writing is
Theresa
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HOLY GOODNESS GRACIOUS I FEEL LIKE I JUST RAN A MARATHON. This book was so amazing!!!!!! I have never read anything like it before. I love alternate histories and this was just phenomenal. The writing, characters, plot, execution, everything was so so so well done. I recommend this book to everyone everywhere GO READ IT!! So excited to see where this story goes from here!! Can't wait to get my hands on the next book when it comes out!! ...more
Lindsey Lynn (thepagemistress)
5/5 Stars!

Summary:
This book is about a wonderful girl who braves the one of the biggest monsters of all time. This book takes place in WWII, during Hitler's reign. Yael's story starts in the concentration camp her and her mother are put in.

Dislikes:
Not sure if it was a dislike per say but it did take me about 70 pages to really get into. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Likes:
All of the characters had wonderful development! And the plot twist was out of this world.

Overall:
This book was incredibly u

• Lovely War
  • Prisoner of Night and Fog (Prisoner of Night and Fog, #1)
  • Legendborn (Legendborn, #1)
  • The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue
  • Clap When You Land
  • The Inheritance Games (The Inheritance Games, #1)
  • Cruel Love (Privilege, #6)
  • Pure Sin (Privilege, #5)
  • Sweet Deceit (Privilege, #4)
  • The Diviners (The Diviners, #1)
  • The Kingdom of Back
  • My Lady Jane (The Lady Janies, #1)
  • Cemetery Boys
  • Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1)
  • Truly Devious (Truly Devious, #1)
  • Lore
  • Thunderhead (Arc of a Scythe, #2)
  • They Went Left
Ryan Graudin was born in Charleston, South Carolina, with a severe case of wanderlust. When she’s not traveling, she’s busy writing and spending time with her husband and wolf dog. She is the author of Invictus, the Wolf By Wolf duology, The Walled City, and the All That Glows Series.

Wolf by Wolf (2 books)
  • Blood for Blood (Wolf By Wolf, #2)