Start by marking “A More Complicated Fairytale” as Want to Read:
A More Complicated Fairytale

A More Complicated Fairytale

Most of the young women in Nardowyn swoon over Crown Prince Felipe, but Caitlin has never seen the appeal. When she catches his eye during a royal festival, she has little choice but to begrudgingly go along with his attempts to form a friendship between them, and soon learns that there is more to him than meets the eye.

When Felipe goes to war to avenge the death of his
Published April 2nd 2016 by Create Space Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A More Complicated Fairytale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A More Complicated Fairytale

Celine Jeanjean
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
A More Complicated Fairytale, as the title suggests, isn’t your usual love story. The thing I loved most about it was the way the relationship between the two main characters evolved. It’s a relationship of equals, born of begrudging respect, then friendship, and then – well now that would be telling.

Cait is also very much a character after my own heart, smart and independent and not scared to speak her mind. Felipe was great too, don’t get me wrong, but I just got a bit of a soft spot for Cait
C.H. Pearce
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gorgeous. The main character is likeable and wonderfully sensible and relatable in her decision-making as she navigates a complex romantic relationship in a war torn fantasy world. I loved the twists on traditional fairy tales, in particular the positive take on the ‘evil stepmother’ trope.
Kasey
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Admittedly, this is not my type of book, however, I found that because the title promises it to be a more complicated fairytale, I didn't want to put it down in order to sooner find out why it was more complicated. It definitely was not a disappointment.

The story is reminiscent of pop flicks like The Prince & Me and Ella Enchanted, with the main female character, Cait, being a mash up of Belle (Beauty and the Beast) and Lady Mary Crawley (Downton Abbey). This is not to say it's a copycat ide
Alison
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Quick and enjoyable read that's a little bit different from the usual fairytale type story. The characters are extremely likeable and there is the occasional moment that's really great but I felt it was a little bit lacking in descriptions and dialogue.
Charles wood